why don't they simply restart the old production lines of good old cars instead of making shitty expensive new cars?

why don't they simply restart the old production lines of good old cars instead of making shitty expensive new cars?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

You can only get away with that in based 3rd world countries, 1st worlders have too many cucked regulations.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

This would be the perfect reality. Unfortunately this is what we have.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Because they get more profits (and data) from the more expensive new cars.

I think most manufacturers could go back 10-15 years by adding newer emissions equipment.

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

The old equipment was torn out to put in new equipment. Pakistan, Iran and various other countries are making the based 80s/ 90s cars in current year.

Also you have to drive something so $25k 3cyl turbo Crossovers are better than the bus, and you will buy a new one shortly after the warranty expires cause there's no point in keeping it on the road for 40 years

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>Pakistan, Iran and various other countries are making the based 80s/ 90s cars in current year.
      The steering wheels ends up on the wrong side though. But importing one for the rust free parts would be nice. Im sure someone is interested in those ricer facelift parts too.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Iran is LHD, Pakistan is RHD. Take your pick.

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>regulations
    >emissions
    >safety
    Older models just dont need currenct criteria and cant be put on the road as new cars.

• 3 months ago
      s10fag

not only this, but its a federal crime to drive a brand new VW Virtus across the border. how dare you take those profits and taxes away from the united states

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I want all car regulations to be reset to 2004 or whatever the last time it was reasonable.

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

- The lines don't exist anymore, you have to start at zero
    - Making those cars is illegal now
    - Lack of reliability is the direct result of customer/lawmaker demand for highly integrated and computerized cars

Making cars "like they used to" is not a possibility, not because the companies can't develop such cars, but because the overall environment makes it impossible.

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Toyota still sells the Land Cruiser 70 in Australia brand new, it's $80k starting and you're realistically getting it for $100k out the door

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Are they still not taking orders because the waiting list is 3+ years?

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Toyota thinks they're Porsche

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

The demand is high for cars that aren't shit

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

That's why the Model Y is the best car ever made

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

with the increasing prices owning a vehicle doesnt make any finanical sense. out of 5 work days a single day is just for paying for your car. I sold my car years 2 years ago and started working 4 days instead 5 and I pretty much have the same money left at the end of the month. I am sure some morons who take big loans probably work 2 days just to pay their car of. sorry for the rant, I am just so fed up with the prices.

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>Keep using an old production line
    That sound a bit communism

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>mfw i work in a car plant with some 50yo production lines

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

China kept making mk2 Jettas untill 2013.

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Why stop there? Let's go back to horses and carts while we at it

11. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

It would be illegal because cars must meet the emissions limits, safety regulations and driver assistance systems.

12. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

All the tooling needed to make them is either lost, worn out, or scrapped. Redoing all of it would be prohibitively expensive.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *