Why has this card caused so much seething from Nvidia fanboys?

I haven't seen an AMD card cause this much seething from Nvidia fanboys in a long time. What is it about the RX 7900GRE that causes so much seething from them?

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I feel scammed now after buying a 7800 XT

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Don't. It's a good card and tech will always get better.
      No one really cares about what graphics card you have in your system.

The RX 5000 series had bad drivers at launch. For example some games blackscreened at 1080p but for some reason worked at 1440p and such.

Now they don't really have any driver issues now that they are matured.

Back when I regularly played Siege my 5700xt constantly blackscreened my desktop and I had to restart. This was fixed like 2 days later though and its been smooth sailing. Now have 7800xt.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>seething
    RT performance says what?
    FSR vs DLSS quality says what?
    H265 encode says what?
    CUDA says what?
    Working drivers sat

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>RT
      Dogshit that's only worth enabling in a couple games. Maybe next gen it will actually be relevant.
      >FSR vs DLSS
      FSR is dogshit but so is DLSS. if you think it's better than native period you need to get your eyes fricking checked. The ghosting and shimmering is horrendous. This shit is only worth using as AA when your only other choice is TAA and even then that depends on the game.
      >H265 CUDA
      If you're planning to make a workstation sure NV is the only choice pretty much. But for gaming which is what most of you are doing then you simply get more out of the 7900GRE compared to the NV price equivalent product.
      >Working drivers
      I have used multiple AMD gpus since the 580. Never had a problem. I heard gen 5 is fricked but 6k and 7k never caused me issues. Currently running 7900xt and have been for months. It just works.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The RX 5000 series had bad drivers at launch. For example some games blackscreened at 1080p but for some reason worked at 1440p and such.

Now they don't really have any driver issues now that they are matured.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Nah the 6000 had issues as well especially the 6600's for a couple years.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>But for gaming which is what most of you are doing then you
        This isn't Wrong board

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Then why are getting gayming SKUs for production?
          >brand-gay DAtards never change

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Currently running 7900xt and have been for months. It just works.
        Yeah no, I am not falling for that again.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It bugs me to no end how a company that can make such powerful silicon fails so hard to make simple management decisions that could knock all competitors out of the market, their gpu/cpu's are seriously good there is no denying that, and yet they refuse to offer proper support for them in many fields, why they always decide to shoot themselves in the feet instead of cashing in by providing what the majority of customers ask is beyond me.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

AMD doesn't want to make too many GPU's, because those use the same foundries as their CPU's.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

They can't and are not willing anyway. Radeon and GeForce main target are gamers. They are NOT swayed by CUDA and such. These features are there for customer capture and to rope people in for their pro cards but they don't actually have to maintain support for their gaming line to maintain their marketshare. No one is going to buy AMD without a MAJOR campaign and some seriously convincing features. The reason AMD is behind in sales is simply because the market has been entirely captured through marketing by NV. As a system integrator, AIB or even software dev that relies on either NV hardware or software you have 0 reason to possibly ruffle feathers by working with the competition that basically has no market share. AMD themselves know they can't compete on quality and featureset because people after that are going to buy NV no matter what they offer. If AMD had a GPU that was just as powerful as the 4090 it would have flopped hard. So they kept hard segmentation of product lines.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

DLSS is biggest cope industry has seen in the past two decades. whole idea is awful and was created only to sell insufficient AI technology and then pivoted to RT boosting.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>OP pretends there's any seething going on but amdrones pretending their trash is any good
        >clickbait thread

I'm sure FSR is a-ok though.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>I'm sure FSR is a-ok though.
          it isn't. all upscalers are shit, but at least FSR is a shader any moron can use without some lock-in garbage.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>it isn't. all upscalers are shit, but at least FSR is a shader any moron can use without some lock-in garbage.
            Massive cope, FSR is dogshit and isn't even the best upscaler for AMD cards anymore, that's XeSS. XeSS can be used on all 3 GPU brands and is way better already. AMD gives 0 fricks about their GPU division, they just have a couple devs work on their software and drivers which they then open source and call it a day. They completely surrendered to the point that their next gen won't even have a high-end model.
            AMDrones like to point to the extra VRAM that their cards have while simultaneously shitting on RT as if it's still 2020. What the frick is the extra VRAM for, getting 1000fps on Fortnite? RT is completely viable now and if you disagree you're a clueless AMDrobe.

It bugs me to no end how a company that can make such powerful silicon fails so hard to make simple management decisions that could knock all competitors out of the market, their gpu/cpu's are seriously good there is no denying that, and yet they refuse to offer proper support for them in many fields, why they always decide to shoot themselves in the feet instead of cashing in by providing what the majority of customers ask is beyond me.

Despite all the moaning about GPU prices the fact is GPU margins are terrible. AMD made the right decision to focus on their server/AI business.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

VRAM is used for high res textures and asset streaming. It's also hammered by RT. One good example is Control that had it's asset streaming majorly crippled so that mid tier Nvidia cards would not stutter too much when you turn it up to max with RT. It looked like shit. You have to wait 3 seconds for the full resolution textures to load in when you get close to objects. You can actually mod better asset streaming in and it looks so much better you would think you made a jump in generation.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>FSR is dogshit and isn't even the best upscaler for AMD cards anymore, that's XeSS
            What?
            As an Incel Arc user, I thought FSR was the better for Radeon while XeSS was better for Arc.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>RT is completely viable now and if you disagree you're a clueless AMDrobe.
            Said nobody save for marketing drones for both camps
            RT is a meme at this time. The novelty wears off fast and the performance cost remains. The vast majority of gayming-gays opt for higher framerates by disabling it. The main problem with RT is that there is no killer gayming app for it. FPS, Battle Royal and MOABs that are popular genre have little use for it. The genres that could take advantage of it are dead/stillborn (Stealth, horror/survivor)
            Nvidia is just using RT as a means to upsell their datacenter/ML-based architectures to gayming crowd (saves on R&D costs). The gayming crowd are getting the shitty yields.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

NTA i wish i had the anons post that shat all over this
            >tessellation doesnt matter (even tho shit tons of 7th gen games used it)
            >compute doesnt matter (even tho shit tons of modern games used it for physics)
            >mesh shaders dont matter (even tho shit tons of lazy engine devs use them for culling)
            >amds encoders are totally great and werent disabled for being complete trash that didnt work well 85% of the time (lol enjoy your mixed software and "hardware" encoder they licensed)
            etc etc

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>RT performance says what?
      >turn Raytracing on
      >everything looks the same sans some random reflections of my model having moronic animations.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You talk like a homosexual. Touting RT or DLSS is no different than the tessellation benchmarks from a decade ago. It's a feature that's best used sparingly in small amounts, and the advantage is barely going to effect the actual user experience. Really the hw hevc encoder is the selling point? Why aren't you using av1, and if you care about quality why are you using a hw encoder? Use av1an. We have directml, rocm, and zluda. Nvidia has never had better drivers consistently. This is a complete lie.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

NTA i wish i had the anons post that shat all over this
        >tessellation doesnt matter (even tho shit tons of 7th gen games used it)
        >compute doesnt matter (even tho shit tons of modern games used it for physics)
        >mesh shaders dont matter (even tho shit tons of lazy engine devs use them for culling)
        >amds encoders are totally great and werent disabled for being complete trash that didnt work well 85% of the time (lol enjoy your mixed software and "hardware" encoder they licensed)
        etc etc

* responded to the wrong person sry

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

RT GI is probably the biggest step up in vidya gfx since texture mapping. DLSS is necessary for 4k120. ROCM sucks for deep learning which is the majority of workloads outside gaming I care about. I appreciate AMD for trying to compete but I don't understand your fanboyism over inferior products.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Sounds like Ai generated response.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

As a large language model, I am incapable of generating responses with AI.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because it beats every nvidia card in raster 4k rendering except the 4090. this makes them all FURIOUS

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

how does it compare to a 4080 price and performance?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Half the price in burgerland, trades blows with the 4080 in raster

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>trades blows with the 4080 in raster
        I'm going to assume you made a typo and meant to type 3 instead of 4

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I should have known your autistic ass would shit up this thread like you do /pcbg/
          fricking have a nice day c**t

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

first time on this board in months, spaz
            Sorry that reality doesn't conform to your meme narratives.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm sure my 4070 super will beat it.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

who is seething?
    competition is good.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Will consider finding a second hand one in a year. Seems solid enough

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

So have we completely regressed from 4k now?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

4k gaming requires you to get a 80ti/90 series card every single generation. If you have been 4k gaming since 2015 you'd own a 980ti, 1080ti, 2080ti, 3090 and now a 4090.

4k gaming has been a meme for a reason.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I play 4k @ high double to low triple digit FPS on a 4070 Ti Super. The key is to not use ultra settings and minimal memetracing.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

$0.001 has been deposited to your account sir

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Only an idiot would buy it anyway, RX 8800 and RX 8700 should be out by the start of Q3

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

sir the RX 8900 XT will be first

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Every rumour i've seen said AMD is skipping the 8900 and doing another 5700 style generation

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i got a 4070ti over the weekend but thinking about returning it and getting a 7900xtx. would that be wise?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yes

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

People with Nvidia don't ever think about AMD.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

crazy how so many nvidia builds are also using rdna2 igpus

13. 2 months ago
    yes,

I'll keep my 3080 as it moggs it at 4k.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How many CUDA Cores AMD cuck 🙂 ?

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because they want you to pay more for less transistors.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

my nv stock investments have more than paid for those flagship purchases :^)
      Stay mad and poor, cultist.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For AI applications like AI voice, chatbots, stable diffusion etc, is Nvidia still the best choice? I'm wanting to buy a new card specifically for these purposes.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Since AMD can't even do them... yes. I would suggest AMD to anyone that only wants to game and doesn't want to buy a 4090, they are a great choice for that situation. But if you want to put your gpu to work, Nvidia is the only option.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It hasn't.
    AMD did their usual thing.
    "we are only releasing this card in this place nowhere else" few months pass "okay you can buy it too"
    every time
    Radeon morons
    Only their own customers (14% marketshare) feel scammed by them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The thing youre not quite emphasising enough is their marketshare. They act like and behave as though they don't care because simply put, they don't. Compare the radeon brand to xilinx. Do you think amyd gives a toss about subpar raster acceleration hardware when they could be printing ARM x FPGAs worth hundreds of thousands? It makes complete sense when you understand AMD is aware of their position in the market. Do you think they were going to flood the shelves with infinitely producible plastic CD keys like vidya publishers do?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's called Golden Rabbit Edition. It was very clearly only intended for the Chinese market. The fact that it's being distributed worldwide now is more of an indicator that they completely misjudged the pricing for the XT model so they're shifting dies to a downbin with less spent on memory.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *