Why haven't you bought an EV yet? Used chevy bolts are well under $20000 out the door with the tax credit

Why haven't you bought an EV yet?

Used chevy bolts are well under $20000 out the door with the tax credit

You have no excuse

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How much pussy do you get when you pull up in your used Chevy Bolt?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

he's a powerbottom so i doubt it concerns him

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I rather buy a mk2 prius becasue it looks retromodern and because of its simplicity

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

should i get the r1s or the ev9? the rivian is the better vehicle imo and looks way better, but it's like 20K more.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The Kia if you don't want the service dept parking your car for months waiting on backordered parts.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

good point. i normally do my own impeccable maintenance on my vehicles, but kia does have the better supply chain if i need it.

4. 2 months ago
    s10fag

What do i have to gain from spending $20,000

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

2019 bolt owner here, would not recommend unless you’re desperate to get ev for cheap. It’s not a bad car, but that’s just it, it’s not a bad car but it’s kind of bland otherwise. Once you get over the “heh that’s neat” effect of instant ev torque, then it just becomes an unimpressive commuter. Being such a “cheap” ev, it’s downmarket in the interior as you would expect. It’s a Chevy spark/aveo tier interior. Cheap creaky plastic everywhere, thin cushion on seating, basic amenities, just unimpressive throughout. Would be fine for 10k spark, but it’s kinda ridiculous for the price of the bolt. But the neat drivetrain is kinda cool I guess.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I know a couple people who thought buying a used Volt was a good idea. Oh boy was it ever not. EV's are lease only vehicles.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Give me one for free and I'll use it

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Imagine spending over 20k on a used fricking car lmao. Still a shitbox Chevy at the end of the day no matter how you slice it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's not even a Chevy. It's a Daewoo which is step below Kia/Hyundai.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Waiting for the Ioniq 5 N. Need me my 10 second car that isn't a fricking Tesla.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i already have like 5 vehicles.
    all of them suit my needs in different ways.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

$20K is a lot of petrol for my perfectly good truck fleet. Until a BEV does everything better in every way I can wait.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'd rather die than spend $20,000 United States dollars on a vehicle that will depreciate and comes with maintenance costs. I buy sub $3000 cars that last me 5 years at a time.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>comes with maintenance costs

EVs have literally zero maintenance outside of tire rotations every 7500 miles

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you telling me you're never going to put a new battery in there while living in florida, you're not going to put new tires on it, you're not going to change the brakes, you're not going to do add wiper fluid or change the blades?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>battery outlasts the life of the car (400k+ miles)
          >tires will never need to be replaced as long as you rotate them and arent driving a frickload constantly
          >brakes never need to be replaced because of regen braking
          >wipers dont need to be changed unless you're constantly driving in the rain for year and years

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You're brain damaged.
            >In just over 90,000 miles, the total cost of the tires and out-of-warranty repairs for my Model 3 have been $5,441.42.

https://cleantechnica.com/2023/03/06/90000-miles-on-my-tesla-model-3-maintenance-costs-higher-than-expected/

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>out-of-warranty repairs for my Model 3 have been $5,441.42.
            That means you also had warranty repairs, which are not free since you lose use for a while until they fix it.
            >I bought a non running 1st gen Tacoma for $4k and 170k on the clock
            >295k now
            My total expenses so far for last 125k:
            >$120 to helicoil a new spark plug thread and get it running
            >$800 to replace all the belts and water pump
            >$1000 for a new set of tires
            >$230 for a brake job
            You got israelited my friend, a practically new car should not cost you more than just tires and energy, you don't even have fluids.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

will never need to be replaced as long as you rotate them and arent driving a frickload constantly
            Are you actually, genuinely, mentally moronic?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

He's a /n/igger, being gay and moronic is expected

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Tires just float in the air and the car has no suspension components, auxillary systems, or electronics of any kind
        Wow ICEbros I think we've been beaten.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>"EVs have literally zero maintenance outside of-
        >*BOOOM*
        >"oh shit what's that... ahh AHHHH IM ON FIRE MOMM-"
        >*KABOOOOOM*
        thanks for playing, goy

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

EVs catch on fire infinitely less than ICE vehicles (whose engines literally operate by firey explosions in the cylinders)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Find me an example of a ICE vehicle spontaneously combusting after being flooded.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'll do you one better: find me a vehicle that spontaneously combusts if you slap it on the ass too hard.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You realize the pinto story was fake news right? dont you #believethescience ?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

same as the EV fires. the media just shows whatever will be sensational, regardless of how realistic or probable it is.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Show me the stats for sudden explosion that aren't related to a crash.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>show me the stats for X
            >but exclude all the situations that commonly cause X

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Because it's expected for things to possibly blow up when you crash it, moron. How many ICE vehicles just randomly explode like EVs do?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Where can you buy sub $3000 cars nowadays?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Go drive around your neighborhood and inquire about the various cars for sale. That or go to the auctions.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

kek

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

make like a chevy and bolt

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Carlos!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Who you calling Juke, peckerwood?

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because it's got a CCS plug, and I don't want to carry an adapter forever once NACS becomes the norm.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

upvote

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because im saving up for an alfa romeo giulia

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I bought my Mirage new for $10,000 back in 2019. It's given me zero problems so far and does just fine on the interstate. Why would I buy an EV?

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Used chevy bolts are well under $20000
    If we're comparing dyke cruisers here, i could get a Honda Fit with a 6MT for $11000.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What happens when I have to spend $20,000 on a new battery pack? The vehicle has been discontinued, so where do I get replacement parts?

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why haven't you bought an EV yet?
    Because I’m not a brain dead homosexual?

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>$20000
    anon who the frick do you think I am? the king of bongland?

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>$20000
    For a used microcar shitbox?

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Poor range in winter.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because I can buy a reliable diesel for €1000

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No manual transmission, and they all weigh about 50% more than a vehicle of their size should.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm in the mountains almost every weekend and even some week days after work. The range simply doesn't work for me.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

These nerds live in shitty apartments. You need a garage to own an EV.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I would pay not to drive a Chevy shitbox especially EV. Chevy can't build a quality econobox, what makes you think Government Motors designed these cheap EVs with any fricks given about your well being?

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

And wait hours for it to charge instead of driving?

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm waiting to see what the VW Buzz offers

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>souless
    >old battery
    >all that useless ~~*tech*~~ getting in your way
    >still expensive
    lmao at EVs
    I rather buy a decades old normal shitbox

32. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because I live in a condo without a charger and I can’t be assed to try and mooch electricity off the local Volta chargers to charge the car affordably.

I actually strongly considered getting a Honda Clarity but made too much money to qualify for the used EV credit and got scared off by long-term parts availability / the battery warranty only going up to 8 years since I live in a non-CARB state. Well, that and the charger problem making it a PITA to take advantage of the car’s number one selling point.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *