Why haven't you gotten a chop top on your car yet?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>inb4 modern cars can't be chop topped

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/1kklUVa.jpg

Having been working on my own car body for a custom tube frame car and needing my own custom glass these sort of conversions are at least minimum $10,000 to basically destroy your crash safety to gain worse visibility and headroom in modern cars with pretty much no headroom to begin with. Why would anyone want this?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>needing my own custom glass these sort of conversions are at least minimum $10,000
        Then don't use all curved glass, moron. Custom cut flat auto glass is cheap. Last car I glassed was ~$120/window.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

a big give away that this car is fakeandgay is flat glass all around. oem glass is used and slid into a hidden channel and sometimes cut. inb4 cant cut it, yes you can if you anneal it.

picrel car im making and knew to start with oem shit and work around it

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I can't use OEM glass on mine because nothing is going to fit the body I've designed so I'm going to have custom glass made and my state doesn't allow perspex or similar non-track cars unless it's an open top model (it's a coupe) so I've made life hard for myself but it is what it is. I still think chopped tops on modern cars are moronic even if it is cheaper to cut OEM glass than I thought due to the interior dimensions found on modern cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

have you priced out custom glass? 10 years ago i remember a one-off windshield was 7000usd, its probably 10k now.

Show and tell me more about your project

sure what would you like to know? its totally organic, it is measured down to the millimeter, but there is no design. its just me standing there and making the lines. mix of c5 c6 suspension, hayabusa midrear engine. oem glass and lights to work around.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Show and tell me more about your project

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Use lexan, homosexual.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>wobbles in the wind and gets sandblasted 1 year in

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Buy another, it's plastic.

Legally I can't in my state because the c**ts cut funding to rescue crews so it's safer to just have glass

Put your foot through it, it's plastic.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Legally I can't in my state because the c**ts cut funding to rescue crews so it's safer to just have glass

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

These go hard as frick

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i like my tinted fishbowl thank you

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Looking at those side windows, isn't this every modern car?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My thoughts. I don't want to shrink the greenhouse, I want to embiggen it. Anyone doing stretch tops? Or like, cutting the top 6 inches off the beltline and replacing with glass? I'd like an alpha platform Camaro that way.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>embiggen
        OK Jebediah

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sexy

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm pretty sure the top of my car is already below the belt line on that Plymouth.

That may be the best looking Saab ever.
      And here's what may be the best looking Volvo. Except this one actually saw production.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>that house
        10/10
        Posting to call out the house in the background would make the particle board HOA suburban homosexual coping bagholder subhumans SEETHE. Not a plank of wood or neighbors in site. This is the sort of house that I want to own one day and I will never compromise. Why can't they admit they got ripped off? Why can't they admit 0.25 acres is shit? Why can't they admit that wood is a rotting material that will decompose? They're dishonest hateful people like their immigrant built homes and if you get them riled up enough they'll just say oh you think you deserve nicer things then everyone else and equate a house like that to a lambo.

Basically that house is perfect and beautiful and if you disagree you're a subhuman.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

are brick houses uncommon in the US?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Extremely uncommon.
            99% of homes are plywood with wood frames built like shit. If you see a brick house in the US it's usually veneer with Styrofoam or wood behind it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>If you see a brick house in the US it's usually veneer with Styrofoam or wood behind it.
            So like most of Europe since the 1980’s?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Hello? Who do you think is responsible for that? America. They spread their diseased temporary homes to the countries they conquered. It hit full swing by the 1980s but you can trace it to 1945 actually. When Hitler lost, the future of architecture was too. When he was a kid he used to go around and complain about wood houses and then draw up plans to rebuild them with actual material, to which he actually did in a lot of cases with the same blueprints.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What the frick is a brick?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No, not at all, they’re everywhere.

Extremely uncommon.
            99% of homes are plywood with wood frames built like shit. If you see a brick house in the US it's usually veneer with Styrofoam or wood behind it.

Do you think people elsewhere are building their homes 100% out of bricks? Nobody anywhere does that. Its always a brick veneer on either wood framing or blocks.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

wtf is this

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this looks pretty good.

wtf is this

a saab

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>modern sports cars can't be chop topped

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

not a manlet

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Male height has increased significantly since the 1950's
      >Male testosterone has significantly decreased since the 1950's
      Make of that what you will

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

our bones are reinforced with microplastics, increasing our height and interfering with our hormones

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Is this why I've never broken a bone in my 40 years? Flexible plastic bones?

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because I'm not a manlet

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Lots of tinfoil to "gain" inferior visibility and less head room

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because I've never cared for the look.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If I am going go full moron with ruining the car I will chop off the whole roof and not give a shit about what anyone thinks about it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

100% this
      was actually going to do this to the shitbox I just sold but had no real way of protecting it from the elements. Also bring back 4-door convertibles for fricks sake

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The factory did it for me already
    >t. camaro owner

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this. coping car owners will literally mutilate their vehicle to make it look more like a camaro

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>chopping off the top
    Yawn. What I want to know is whether chopping out the MIDDLE of a car is possible.

[...]

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yes, it's called sectioned.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It looks better with sedans though

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Looks like a kids shoe.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Oh good, posting this useless thread again, I see. Maybe take the time to change the fricking pic?

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I actually own a 48 chebby, a cheap one in kinda crusty state.
    I can't even begin to describe the levels of comfy of driving it.
    Frame flex was a bit scary at first, you can feel the whole car bend on speed bumps, but I got used to it.
    It's slow, rolls in corners, feels like driving a couch. The visibility out of the car is unparalleled by anything modern.
    Sorry about the lack of bread, I have no pics of it on this here computer.
    >16mpg highway, maybe 150-180rwhp with the cammed and ported 250ci I6

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

lol, I can remember this car from last weeks thread.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Raindrop, droptop

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What top?

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Now I wonder what a chopped top DG civic would look like

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Illegal in my country

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This just seems like a moronic pointless thing Mexicans would do, like lowering a truck until it drags on the ground. Why are they so obsessed with weird proportions?

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

It's ok, man. You can use the Black personword freely here.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What are the options if you aren't under 5'4”

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The Bonneville cars are radical.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Found this one but I guess it's cheating.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
  26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You haven't. That's for generations not long for this earth. If you want to one day, collect vehicles with titles and transfer the titles to your name (idiots proudly fail that step then lose them) and get a hard copy backup in case DMV purge them or lose them. Then one day you might have something ancient enough to build because it predates emissions regs.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

And I thought stance was stupid.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

hmm

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mine.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *