Why is?

Why is DA such die hard fanboys for stock cars?
And I don't mean stock cars like the NASCAR "stock cars". I mean cars that are stock. Like you would think a bunch of self proclaimed "automotive enthusiasts" would be all about modifying their cars but if do so much as touch a bolt for any reason other than to replace it with an OEM replacement part then suddenly every aspect of your life is called into question from your skin color to your sexual preferences. You're inexplicably made to feel like an outsider here if you dared to mod your car in any way.

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Most car companies have hundreds, if not thousands, of designers, engineers, and focus testers whose sole purpose is to design a car that people want to buy. As a result, there's about a 99 percent chance that whatever shitty mod you want to do was brought up in the design process and subsequently proven to be unpopular.
    The only real exception to this rule would be performance mods, but even then you often have to sacrifice some major selling points of the stock car in order to make significant gains

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Most car companies have hundreds, if not thousands, of designers, engineers, and focus testers whose sole purpose is to design a car that people want to buy.
      There's also hundreds if not thousands of financial analysts and accountants whose sole purpose is to make the car as profitable as possible while also adhering to the 18 million various rules laws and regulations that they need to to sell it. The suspension has to be shit for nvh. The exhaust has to be shit for emissions. The engine has to be shit for efficiency. They need to make a boring safe car that Stacy can drive comfortably to Starbucks without upsetting her HOA. Once you buy the car, you're no longer bound by those regulations anymore. You can get stiffer lower suspension for handling. You can tune it to make more power. Get a high flow exhaust for better sound. Get wider wheels with better tires. But noooo. Pencil neck bean counters in an office full of diversity hires know better than you do. Why even think or be an individual when you can just let smart man in office tell you everything that's best for you.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If you want to mod a car because YOU PERSONALLY think it looks better that way, then go ahead - you own it, so you can enjoy it as you wish. Just don't expect much praise from the average passerby, or even the average automotive enthusiast.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>cares about what other people think

Because resale value is lowered and some modified cars just makes enthusiasts look stupid
          A civic making 153 hp doesn’t need a 4 inch exhaust for example

>cares about resale value

Yes these are truly the opinions of honest to god enthusiasts. "No I won't modify my car because what if a pedestrian doesn't think it looks cool or what if I can't sell it for as much"
          Doing something you want to do because you want to do it and it just makes you happier? lmoa no way frick that.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

My car looks the way I want it to look
            IDGAF if ricers think it looks boring
            IDGAF if stockgays think it's ruined
            And I certainly don't look for validation by making shitty threads on DA
            If you can understand that mindset, then cool. If you can't, then you never should have modded your car to begin with.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

vroom

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because resale value is lowered and some modified cars just makes enthusiasts look stupid
    A civic making 153 hp doesn’t need a 4 inch exhaust for example

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

stock outside
    mods inside

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

does a quality paint job count as a mod?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

maybe. flip a coin and decide

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>muh stance
    Shame you havet died yet

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>stockgays this this is "stance"

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>nitto

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I don't get it

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

you would if you had ever tried decent tires

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

whiny c**t

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Better than being a jealous poorgay with a shitty boring car

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

stock cars are good because theyre a clean base from which to build, you know everything is in the right place and you can follow basic instructions and bolt things on instead of dealing with someones Black person rigged bullshit

somewhere along the way bring a trailer fricked with peoples minds and they started thinking bone stock examples of cars that have a reputation for what they can do modified are actually good. theyre following a heuristic that makes sense but for all the wrong reasons because they can't into critical thinking. most car guys slot in between morons and midwits, thats just the nature of a lower middle class to middle class aspirational hobby

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

thats not true. sounds like someone called your car riced up. post your automatic 2009 scion tC

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>be me
    >buy a V6 Challenger because it's a decent car but also because DA hates them
    >literally post less than 5 times pretending to be a zoomer or black or something for keks
    >direct hit on battleship reddit
    >newbie anons take it too seriously and actually waste their time trying to bully me off the board
    >they make hilarious insane rambling schizoposts and repost my pictures but fail to do anything other than make threads for me to blog in
    >every now and then I catch some seething anon making an autistic comment about "chally wally guy"
    >the latest thing is crying about how I and some guy who wrote the sonic the hedgehog comic books have the same car

Quite frankly OP all you can do is laugh at em. They're so sad and pathetic they will come up with literally any excuse to be mad. Wrenchlet cope is real.

homies will really say shit like
    >a shorter diff ratio doesn't decrease your 0-60
    >how do you know that larger manifold makes more power did you dyno it?
    and the biggest cope
    >buy a dragy
    yeah tell the fricking cops where all the street races are with a GPS tracker just so you can autistically benchrace your friends fricking moron

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *