Why is Subaru so expensive? A nicely appointed Impreza with 150 hp is the same as a higher trim Camry.

Why is Subaru so expensive? A nicely appointed Impreza with 150 hp is the same as a higher trim Camry. A decent Crosstrek is the same as higher trim AWD Rava.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

isn't a manual base impreza cheaper than any toyota? what a stupid comparison.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The cheapest Impreza MSRP is $900 more than the cheapest Corolla.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Impreza is AWD

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The nicest trim of Impreza + moonroof is $31k meanwhile nicest trim of Corolla which already comes with moonroof is $28k and comes with 10 more hp.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Does the crapola have AWD?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Moonroofs or whatever the frick they're called are memes and make the car heavier. Eat shit and die.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Which you don't need when you're putting down 150hp

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Bench racers dont need any IRL cars

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The base Impreza has awd
        I don't think you can even get a Corolla with awd except the gr

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Fake AWD anyway

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Any subaru w an auto trans is also fake, which is a shame because their mechanical viscous awd is fricking fantastic in rain and snow but I guess mpg or whatever takes priority

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Corolla is in AWD
          Source: Toyota.com

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The comparable Civic EX trim is also $28k and has a 180 hp turbo engine. Is AWD that big a deal for economy hatch/sedans that people pay a big premium for Subaru that's worse in every other respects? I'm not judging you if you like Subies. I just wanna know why people pay the Subaru tax.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Gee anon idk

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

As a former Alaskan who lived there for 14 years, studded tires in FWD car were actually the best things to drive around in during winter. I remember an anon, some Washington gay, saying this months ago and anons ripped him apart. I should've defended him, because he was right.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I grew up in AK, studs make a world of difference, but I always had AWD/4wd SUVs that were body on frame growing up, I literally never had a single issue learning to drive in the winter except for the occaisional panic stop (car i learned in didnt have ABS). FWD is a lot better than people give it credit, but AWD is pretty handy

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Another AK anon here. If you live in Anchorage or Matsu area, any drivetrain configuration is fine presuming you throw winter tires on it. I learned to drive in an 84 RX7 in the dead of winter and daily drove a 78 C10 for years with no issues. Subaru get hyped up here because of the granola/hippie homosexual demographic. I had a 92 loyale for a few years that recently burnt to the ground and bought a Corolla to replace it. Studs on the Toyota and I'm getting around just as well as the 4x4 subie.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>studded tires in FWD car were actually the best things to drive around in during winter.
          >yes I'd like the best traction possible including studs
          >ok now only do it on half my drive wheels
          Sometimes I worry about this place. I daily drive FWD on all seasons and don't give a frick that it's not ideal because I've never gotten stuck because I'm not a moron and sliding is fun. Seriously you guys are fricking autistic about AWD and how it doesn't work or whatever, just accept that it's superior and if you don't need it that's fine, don't pretend it is a hinderance when you're just coping with your jealousy.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

100% of power going to the wheels with the most weight on top of them vs 50%. I don't think he was right saying it's the best but it's not bad either.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Pretty much the AWD.also being able to swap most parts with other years and models.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My mom doesn't want a turbo or a sunroof she wants an NA/CVT 2.5L +AWD cause she lives on a snowy mountain and doesn't want extra maintenance

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

AWD and ground clearance are nice

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You might not think much of Subaru, but out of all manufacturers they have not compromised their drivetrain vision. The result is a rock solid real AWD system in every car. The newer engines are reliable, too. All available with no frills. They are a model car company. A smaller, more focused operation. They are offering truly unique cars in today's market, against the corporate bloat and monotony.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If it wasn't for their gimmicky engines, I'd buy one.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

They're really not gimmicky, they have their pros and cons. They don't tolerate power well without serious engine buildup and even then, they won't match up to a one piece iron block. Otherwise they are a cool sweet spot. It can't be a gimmick if Subaru has made it work since the inception of their car operation. I'm interested to see what the new WRX can do with a tune. If it can run 300whp stock it will absolutely bury the GR Corolla. It's becoming more clear that the GR Corolla is a FWD car pretending. If a base WRX with some bolt ons can match the GR Corolla in performance there will never be a reason to get one. More importantly, a WRX will show up to work unlike the unobtainable GR Corolla and overpriced Type R.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I think the CVT is the bigger concern honestly. The sub-$20K MT Impreza last year was an amazing deal

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

nta, but yeah. I kinda want a crosstrek. But I kinda don't want the cvt to fail on me out-of-warranty.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you want your Subaru to last, just maintenance it ahead of schedule.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Is AWD that big a deal for economy hatch/sedans that people pay a big premium for Subaru that's worse in every other respects?
      For some people it's a big deal, yes. Not most people, hence why Toyota clobbers Subaru in sales (appropriately). But for people in snowy and especially snowy and hilly areas AWD is very desired. Waiting in line to turn left across a busy road at a stop sign while facing uphill and with thick ice at the line is not an uncommon occurrence for some regions. People who don't live there don't get it. However the availability of ultra cheap CUV's with AWD greatly undercuts Subaru's appeal. The Crosstrek is smaller than most CUV's and that's the most common reason I've heard given for choosing it over one. Otherwise 9/10 people get an CR-V, Rav4, or CX-5/30. BMW X3 if they're a little bougie.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Is AWD that big a deal for economy hatch/sedans that people pay a big premium for Subaru that's worse in every other respects?
      Yes. You options are
      >be late for work and dig your car out
      >just go for it

?si=vKXCcNjJ25WaifdA

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Gotta love the over use of the hideous plastic cladding that turns white, fades and looks like absolute shit in a few years. Literally dollar store tier.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

incel brand from an incel country

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

All of them are AWD

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

So is every other hatchback/""""""crossover"""" out there. When equipped with the same tires no normal person would ever notice the difference between Subaru's AWD and every other slip and grip system out there. They're just as bad as Volvo when it comes to resting on their outdated laurels.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hear subies have garbage-tier cvt.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Their CVT is awesome. You floor it and it hangs around 5800 RPM till you're up to speed and then it practically idles between hills.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They appeal to hipsters, not really meant to appeal to someone who actually looks at specs. If you look at the specs you instantly realize it's a shitty car, you realize this even more when you drive it. But they count on selling them to people dumb enough to buy things that just look cool.

Definitely get a Rav4 or Mazda CX over their hunks of shit. Even a Corolla Cross shits on the Crossturd.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A lot of the Subaru customers are old women. They bought a Subaru back in the 90s/00s and they got through whatever snow and rain really easily, rescued the kids after they put their 2wd shitbox in the ditches and subaru puts new electronics and touchscreens and grandma doesnt want 400 hp turbo's, she cant drive a truck without backing into things, so they just get a new Subaru. same as old one but with lane assist, CVT and car play. not rusted out and leaking 4 spd slushbox like the old one.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Huh, funny that you mention it the only person I know with a Subaru is my 70+ year old neighbor. I'm actually pretty sure he's dead, his Crosstrek hasn't moved and he hasn't left his house in weeks. Free slowbaru I guess.

Lots of people had them where it snowed though, it was one of the most common cars when I lived in the mountains. My Rav4 awd never gave me any hiccups though so I don't see a need to cuck for a slower vehicle just for a slightly "better" awd system. I don't think it's even that much better. There's seems to basically just drive around in 4H all the time which isn't help the fuel efficiency.

8. 2 months ago
    sage

who TF compares a sedan to a wagon? they are for different things altogether.

don't like subarus don't buy one. don't like toyotas don't buy them. WTF

there are two types of subaru customers. The ones that go off road and rally enthusiast ... and lesbians wanting practical station wagons/suvs...well a third and fourth old folks, and parents getting kids safety features...

toyota has a greater diversity of markets. Like trucks.. their version of a crosstrek is a 4 runner...

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

was considering a crosstrek but optioned one out with bare minimum stuff and it became ~$29k+

cross shopped a base mazda cx-5 for $30k...nicer interior, quicker, no CVT and still AWD

I still like the subaru but it's a hard sell

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Mazda 3 and CX-5 are imo the best value vehicles in their class. You did good.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Subaru has better aftermarket and long term support

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Mazdas are *way* more reliable than Subarus. You need more long term support when your transmission fails after 60k and you blow a head gasket at 80k.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

My step dad was an alcoholic, mother is a woman, and I sometimes borrowed her Subaru. Went to 240K miles on the original 4 speed automatic and it only needed one headgasket set around 180k miles. Other than that, it was driven hard. I always took dirt roads at high speed drifting and occasionally catching air, mother drove it with halfway flat tires, and my stepdad was drunk half of the time, and he liked to tow shit. He also thought that you had to start in 2nd gear going up hill or towing so he lugged the shit out of it. the car lived outside and had to start and drive in -20 weather, blizzards, mud, and heat. Ive had cheap old subarus that take 5x the abuse and hold up as well as other shitboxes too.

Im not saying that Subarus are better than other cars, but their quality is on par with Z71 Tahoes while being fuel efficient and small. Benchracers and flat landers dont understand how people actually use them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Mazda 3 and CX-5 are imo the best value vehicles in their class. You did good.

Wow so you bought soulless 4pot perro caca congratulations you dumb homosexuals.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Subaru has an outdoor/adventure niche that they've marketed to for decades. People buy them and will even pay a premium because they fancy they might, one day, go on a gravel road. Then they get driven to Walmart every day for the life of the car. They all have AWD and a lift, it caters to a different clientele than a fricking Camry, it's a terrible comparison.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Good luck getting a Toyota at MSRP within the next year though.
    Subaru is cheaper at real world prices.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

weird how they just decide consumers dont want something when theres clearly a market for it

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ITT: seething MazdaBlack person shill squad that appears whenever Subaru is mentioned
    We get it, your feminine Karenblob is superior. Very cool

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The nu-3 is the ugliest fricking vehicle on the market today.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Does a single "MazdaBlack person" ride around in a CVT?

lol
      lmao

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

150hp + cvt is very slow to accelerate on the highway onramp.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *