1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

automatics are for women

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Then call me a woman, cuz im not doing the manual slop

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

man automatics are so gay I swear to god.

Depends on the car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

fippy bippy

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because BMW manuals are rubbery as frick and the 5 series is too isolated, heavy, and has two too many doors for them in the first place

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

All great arguments to not get an M5. If I had that kind of money I'd buy a Blackwing.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

black or indigenous wing of color. very hip hop

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm more of a Latinxwing buyer

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

man automatics are so gay I swear to god.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

DCT
    >be bmw with a manual transmission
    >transmission is cold
    >crunch into 2nd from 1st because frick you
    >have unpredictable engagement thanks to a shitty dual mass flywheel and a self adjusting pressure plate
    >have to feather the frick out of nearly every gear just to shift smooth
    >finally get it smooth
    >trans decides frick you I'm changing the engagement point again
    >try to swap me over to a single mass flywheel?
    >make a frick ton of noise from gear lash so people think your car is coming apart
    >turn the a/c on
    >rattle even harder
    The 420g, gs6-37 and gs6-53 all suck fricking ass.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yeah i really hate 1-2 in my car as well

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Oh shut up live with an audi 01e for a little bit and youll think the bmw boxes are the best thing ever

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

automatics are for wage slaves that don't enjoy driving but must

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

if you need a manual to enjoy driving, your cars must really suck lol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

LOL right! these manualgays just don't understand. I just sit and push the acceleration pedal, how can it get any more engaging and better than that?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

slowgaylet cope

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yea I know, can't stand how these manualgays cope all the time. If they had a better car, they'd understand the engagement of pushing the acceleration pedal like me and you.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>he's clearly never driven a dct
            kek

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Those stupid manual gays don't know that clicking those pedals at the side of the steering wheel is just as fun an engaging!
            We totally don't look like idiotic larpers while driving our automatics in """manual mode"""

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Manual owners like to practice giving out handjobs while they're getting carpal tunnel from shifting their ancient tech like a Hebrew slave.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>auto for sale
    >no one wants it, owner lists it as manual to get clicks, sits for months with 0 interest
    >manual for sale
    >50% more expensive and is sold within 1 hour
    autogays explain

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

auto = trash. simple as

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Fox and grapes. There are people out there too stupid to figure out how a manual transmission works and thus hate it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>There are people out there too stupid to figure out how a manual transmission works and thus hate
      This isn't possible, literally anyone can learn it.
      Hell a lot of people who talk shit about it online know how to drive manual. It's just that their current car has an auto slushbox so they pretend that they prefer it.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

DCTs are cool but they don't really solve a problem that a more standard auto transmission hasn't already solved. The BMW ZF 6HP and 8HP are great examples of solid auto transmissions that not only shift nearly as fast as a DCT, but are also insanely more reliable. there is no shortage of modern sports cars/muscle cars etc that have good shifting 8+ speed transmissions that do the job as well, shifting as fast as the meme DCT.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Exactly. The one good thing about DCTs is that a well-tuned box can shift up crazy fast when you floor it. Maybe that acceleration and the noise it makes is worth all the downsides to some people.
      And I suppose they're quite efficient when cruising, though you don't really need an automatic for that.
      Most of them are going to be used in city traffic anyway, and I swear my manual shifting + clutching is less janky than what some DCTs do after a bit of wear and tear.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

it's one of those things that I can see why people like them for sure, but they are unjustifiable for even performance driving because manuals exist and good autos now are plentiful.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have a DCT and ZF 6HP car. The DCT feels way better to drive. The 6HP is clunky until it's warm, it creeps when you let off the brake, it upshifts when you hit redline in manual mode, plastic oil pan that gets replaced with the filter. DCT does and has none of that.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I mean you do you but I have owned a ZF6HP & 8HP with a trans tune and driven multiple dual-clutch cars, i don't think this "feeling" justifies DCTs for most people

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>ebonics
          Yeah, most people don't even change their transmission fluid though.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

yeah, that's especially why i will never buy a used car with a DCT, just asking for bullshit.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This is why I stay away from most used manual cars. Kids that drive enthusiast cars with manuals beat on them, and I don't know how infrequently they changed the oil with some garbage oil in the first place. Or worse they probably took it to some shitty oil change place. And you know they beat on it when it was cold because they think that oil is up to temp when the water temp gauge moves.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah but manual cars are WAY easier to identify problems with like what

This is another strike against autos. With a manual I can feel the status of every gear and synchro. I can check clutch slippage because it isn't designed to slip constantly. An automatic can have situations that cause intermittent failures that you may not be aware of because you didn't happen to get the failure during your test drive. A manual is comparably simple and provides feedback to the driver that would be lost to some motor or clutch in an auto.

said so I never really shy away from used manual cars. I would argue you can for sure tell a lot of automatics if there are problems. Just need to not be a wrenchlet and know the procedure for testing auto trans.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm talking about the condition of the engine though, not the transmission.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It is so much easier to tell the state of an engine than an automatic transmission.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nah

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

definitely not, there are tons of known tricks that can cover up major engine issues. hell even without all of those tricks sometimes the state of an engine will be hard to determine past checking on codes. you generally don't know what the moron before you have done that could have damaged wear parts in the motor.

Message me back when you can compression test an automatic transmission.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

definitely not, there are tons of known tricks that can cover up major engine issues. hell even without all of those tricks sometimes the state of an engine will be hard to determine past checking on codes. you generally don't know what the moron before you have done that could have damaged wear parts in the motor.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This is another strike against autos. With a manual I can feel the status of every gear and synchro. I can check clutch slippage because it isn't designed to slip constantly. An automatic can have situations that cause intermittent failures that you may not be aware of because you didn't happen to get the failure during your test drive. A manual is comparably simple and provides feedback to the driver that would be lost to some motor or clutch in an auto.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I can keep a manual transmission running for the life of the car and if anything breaks I can fix it in my garage. It's more engaging, makes every car feel more sporty, and knowing how to drive a manual allows me to drive a wider variety of cars.
    If I had to sit in traffic for hours a day, I would kill myself, but also I could see the value of an automatic. I live very rural and a drive to the gas station takes 15 minutes through forest roads. It's about 90 minutes "to town" with very few straight sections. Every time I drive, I enjoy the drive. Most times I drive, it is because it sounded like fun and so I took one of the cars for a spin. I haven't considered an automatic since learning to drive manual a decade ago.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Similar living arrangement here and 100% agree. However it’s disconcerting to know that within our lifetimes all of that rural hinterland will be replaced with subdivisions named after what was destroyed to build them, as well as 45mph “safety corridors”

Everything that is actually fun is on the chopping block, in lieu of mindless consumption.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

DCT is great until it fails

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There is no better encapsulation of "soul" than manual transmission.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Lots of cars had flappies and didn't have a DCT. What exactly is the need for DCT if you can do flappies with out?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

DCT is stupid fast at a cost of durability.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

So it's just for speed? I don't know much about it, but I know they always blew up in VAGs and asiaticshit.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the only people that think a manual is better than an automatic in the case where they perform the same are basedboys and teens with no license

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *