Why is tire rotation a thing?

Why is tire rotation a thing?

I prefer to just let the front ones wear out completely then replace them, that way I only have to buy 2 tires at a time instead of 4 at a time

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Oh, ok. You're trolling. 8/8 got a reply out of me last thread and this one.

Any VA/NC anons want a om606 turbo?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

what?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

gibs me dat
      i don't know what i will do with it but gibs

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

give it a bigger turbo, send the fuel pump to binland then add a small supercharger

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Nobody twincharges these, at least not that I have heard. You are right about fitting a dieselmeken pump though.

I'm about to go back to school so I won't have any income so I can't afford to fix the Radiator on this old piece of s***.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's "a thing" because generally it's better for consistent grip to have 4 near identical tires of the same make and model, the same age, and roughly the same amount of wear.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This generally important for AWD vehicles to make sure that AWD system does lasts longer.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it's only a thing for RWD tho
    always get good grip at the front with fresh tires and worn at the back for fun corners

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

my truck is rwd and still wears front tires about 50% faster than rears.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Get an alignment you dumbfrick

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

they wear evenly, alignment is fine

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Fix the brakes then

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why would brakes have anything to do with it? I think you just drive like a b***h and try to drag race at every stoplight

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

wrenclet detected

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It'll cost more to replace 2 at a time than 4 at a time.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Not to mention labor fees.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>he believes the ads

lmao no such thing as a free tire

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

my tire shop does buy one get three for free
      they call me three for free

• 2 months ago
      TooZ

>tyre
      >labor
      labour.
      FIFY.
      bong.
      P.S. Preferred tire replacement in pairs. front/back.
      Tire Rotation driver side / passenger side.
      Reason: Sides of the road will wear moreso due to increased debris.
      /end transmission

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>not changing your own tires

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>wasting thousands of dollars on a balancing machine

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>It will literally cost the same.
    You sound like someone who hasn't owned a vehicle for very long.

Most places offer a discount on the 4th tire and may not offer a warranty if you don't do them all at once. Also, inflation rates pretty much guarantees that you'll be paying more for each new pair of tires if you're just doing two at a time.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Make the front tire bicycle tire
    you only spend 2x13dollar every time tire changes, you are welcome.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I rotate my tires every time I drive. Not sure what the problem is.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you have an AWD system it will work slightly less efficiently if your tires are different sizes. Also every time I go into Discount Tire they have different brands of the cheapest tire which is all I get, so I'd end up with different tires. If you don't have AWD or don't care, you don't need to rotate tires. Pretty much just a meme on 2wd so mechanics can make money charging you to do it.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

spread the wear over more tyres. if you have a full size spare you can go even longer.
    the shop i go to, whenever they have a buy 3 get 1 free, i ask them if there's any deal for 5, they give me 50% off the 5th. they're cool

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I drive to people's neighborhoods at night and randomly rotate their tires exactly one rotation so this can never happen. You can't be sure. There are millions of us. You aren't saving money.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My FWD economybox goes just like this. Front tires are bad? Buy new front tires. Now the rear tires are bad? Put the front tires to rear and buy new front tires.
    Odd wear? Just buy used good tire and get aligment from somewhere if they have a discount offer.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>tfw staggered so idgaf

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Staggered directional

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pretty sure they're rotating by themselves while you drive.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I don't rotate tires
    >I prefer to just let the front ones wear out then replace them
    >I buy 2 tires at a time instead of 4 at a time

You can do a small change, thus keeping your usual buying method. So, to avoid tire rubber getting old on the rear tires, when the fronts wear out, move the rear tires to the front and put the new tires in the rear. Because your rears only have a little wear, you end up with mostly new tires in the front. It costs you no extra money if the tire shop gives free tire rotations. My dealership claims it matches other shops selling price, but it charges $34 for tire rotation, so no thanx. And the dealership also charges high hidden fees such as moving the TPMS to the new tires and resetting the car's pressure monitoring system. The tire shop does the rotation and TPMS service for free for each tire you buy from them. They're not like lawyers who itemize ever task they do and then charge you for it. I swear, dealerships would charge you for the labor spent for each breath and eye blink their employees make while servicing your car if they could get away with it. And of course they would add the shop equipment rental fee for the gear used to monitor those eye blinks and breathing.

As for rotations in general, if you know the approximate wear rate of your rear tires, you can choose to make just one rotation in the life of the tires. Thus, when the fronts wear down to a certain point, rotate the relatively new rears to the front. Now, when the front tires wear down to where you want to replace them, the total wear of the rears will be approximately the same as those on the front. That is, the amount of tread remaining on the rears is about the same as the front. If you aren't able to predict the wear rate of the rears, then you have to do frequent rotations, but if you are aware, then you only need it once. WHY do this? You reduce spending with buy 3, get one free deals. Or buy 3, get 4th for 50% off.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *