Why is Vtech fun?

I just got Vtech not iVtech in my new car. There's a noticable difference. In iVtech it was pretty terrifying as it was such a fake blast. In Vtech it's like a waterfall that just pours forth and you're rocketing at a speed you normally can't.

Are other VVTI systems straight up fun like Vtech? Why is Hunder's so famous?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Nissan had an identical system in the sr16ve and sr20ve.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

what cars do those come in?
      Sentras?
      It's either an i4 or v8 , Probably small cap i4 because the cams are puny.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I just googled the engine in their image name. It's Japan-only.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>is an SR20 an i4 or a v8?
        ....are you lost?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Man, you know that doesn't automatically mean anything. That's not how car companies always do it. I don't know shit about Nissan.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I don't know shit
            And, you're too fricking stupid to pop open a wikipedia page about car models

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

An anon going full obsessive sperg about the engine on here is thousands of times better than reading it on a list.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Jesus christ dude, there's no reason to shit on that guy. I don't know most Euro or US engine names, maybe they didn't realize the filename was the engine code, it's fine, let them learn.
            Go smoke more weed and jerk off or something.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/3sHxUjM.jpg

An anon going full obsessive sperg about the engine on here is thousands of times better than reading it on a list.

this all started because someone said
            >a nissan sentra has a v8
            >and I dont know
            You're on a CAR ENTHUSIASTS FORUM.
            You're among CAR ENTHUSIASTS.

We will rip you to shreds for not knowing what engines are in which cars.
            Only a moronic bus riding Black person thinks a NISSAN FRICKING SENTRA has a V8 ENGINE.

Jump off the nearest bridge.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I guarantee you couldn't name the engine in a 98 Cutlass off the top of your head. Neither can I, it isn't that important.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

98 cutlass was a ghost of what a cutlass used to be and used the same engine as the buick century and chevy malibu
            I know because I owned both a same era malibu, century, and my sister owned a 90s cutlass

Bro I can eyeball nearly every car on trhe road around and know how fast they are. I am a car ENTHUSIAST.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cool story bro. And actually the malibu and cutlass of that gen (N?) were the same car. I know this because my gf 15 years ago drove one and I had to drive that POS around Michigan all the time. Still no idea what the engine is called, and it doesn't matter.
            You know what, I guarantee you've never seen a car IRL with the cams in

https://i.imgur.com/0A4yyn0.jpg

Nissan had an identical system in the sr16ve and sr20ve.

unless you see Primeras, Bluebirds, or Wingroads puttering around. Yes, I've known what an SR20 is for 20+ years, but I really don't think that makes me any "more of an enthusiast."

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you're a car enthusiast, you know what an SR20 is, unless you're some 80 year old muscle car boomer.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because it's literally just a better camshaft on demand, that's it, it isn't special and it isn't 'like boost' or anything else, it just makes an econobox an econobox that has slightly better powerband when engaged. Real chads just have an aggressive camshaft that performs good all around.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have a vtech engine and have no idea how to know it's engaged

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It performs with OP's pick. That thing fills with oil, it pushes SP's over to the middle lobe and instantly you get more air.

Honda has maybe a dozen versions of variable valve timing called VTAK. But only one (arguably 2) are the real VTAK with the 5500 cam lobe kick.

What the frick engines are those in and what cars?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>What the frick engines are those in and what cars?
          The original performance VTEC was in many Honda higher trim cars from 89 until the S2000. The performance i-VTEC was in the RSX/Integra Type-S and the 06-11 Civic Si.
          Any other "VTEC" system isn't about performance and doesn't work or feel the same.
          t. First car was a base RSX, and its "VTEC" was just to close 4 of the valves under 2200 rpm and open the full 16 afterwards. A joke basically.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>its "VTEC" was just to close 4 of the valves under 2200 rpm
            Kek you're an idiot, you have never touched a wrench or even some pliers in your life. You should stick to discussing infotainment systems and LED lighting.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Is this homie talking about the sohc 6s? They had variable cylinder management in the v6s. That was my reason to only buy honda i4s forever. The i4s never came with vcm to my knowledge. Shits trouble on any engine brand.
            Captcha XG00K

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Kek you're an idiot, you have never touched a wrench or even some pliers in your life. You should stick to discussing infotainment systems and LED lighting.
            Look up the K20a3, kid.
            https://www.hondata.com/tech-rsx-vtec-vtc
            >Under 2200 rpm, this engine is a effectively a 12 valve engine, and over 2200 rpm it is a 16 valve. There is no VTEC mechanism on the K20A3 exhaust valves.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

since you deleted your last post over a minor formatting error, this is for you

[...]
            >t. moron with a moronic link

Both cam lobes are operating on both rockers which are opening both valves all of the time. When VTEC kicks in it will lock both rockers together so that both valves are opened by the more aggressive cam lobe.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, it engages to a higher-lift from minimal lift at 2200. But it isn't 'real' vtec, which is which is why I brought it up.

Actually on closer inspection the second "cam lobe" appears to actually just be a blank base circle, even though it has a roller on it and everything it appears like it does indeed do nothing.
            A truly stupid system, I apologise.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>A truly stupid system, I apologise.
            It's cool dawg. Honda should have called it something else.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Very general and numbers are being pulled out my ass but here's a qrd on Hondas "3stage vtec system"
        >Below 2.5-3k rpm shuts off one of the intake valves or partly opens. Optimised for low end torque
        >Between 3-5k rpm all intake valves open, engine can take advantage of better airflow for this area of the powerband
        >After 5k-redline is "real vtec" or "variable valve LIFT". A pin is hydraulically actuated and locks into cam lobe for the second profile. On other words it "switches to a big" cam.

Almost every company has there own version of vvt or cam phasing in their own nomenclature, but very few offered the performance oriented variable valve lift.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Real chads just have an aggressive camshaft that performs good all around.
      kek you're an idiot, you have no tools either.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The full garage of them begs to differ, so does the 3 built NA v8s and the turbo 5 cylinder. My daily makes 440/560 to the tire.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Honda has maybe a dozen versions of variable valve timing called VTAK. But only one (arguably 2) are the real VTAK with the 5500 cam lobe kick.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

iVtech is terrifying? Yeah I know what you mean. In the new turbos they bring in the Vtec when the torque is at its highest too so the power bands both shoot up in sync when the turbo just about to fully spool.

It's a fricking shame it's almost all auto troonys

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cho Seung-Hui had the greatest vtech of all time

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Was DAurguy a honda driver?

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>tfw vtec
    >tfw actually 3 valves per cylinder when I'm cruisin
    Feels economical man

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My Barras have it its just more extreme variable cam
    Back in the 90s sure now its commonplace since mid 00s

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>In Vtech it's like a waterfall that just pours forth and you're rocketing at a speed you normally can't
    no
    vtech KICKS in, clearly you don't know what you're talking about or your shits broken

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

vtec makes you work for the power, which is fun

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My element isn't even drivable below 3k. It need to be in vtech to move itself.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I know that feel, my Accord with the Element motor is the slowest damn thing below 3000 RPM if the A/C compressor is clicked on, otherwise it zips around fine with windows down, but once you load it down, you can actually feel it switching over to 16 valve operation and coming alive at about 2400 rpm.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>switching over to 16 valve operation
    Hondagays can truely be some of the dumbest Black folk in the ocean with no idea whats underneath. I4s don't have variable cylinder management.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Switching from 8v to 16v actually is how the VFR800 VTEC system works, never bothered to learn about the car systems.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It literally shuts off half the intake valves, tho

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Vtec is vvl
    They add a version of ti vct to it. Ti VCT or vvt as poorBlack folk call it does more work.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>t. moron with a moronic link

Both cam lobes are operating on both rockers which are opening both valves all of the time. When VTEC kicks in it will lock both rockers together so that both valves are opened by the more aggressive cam lobe.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, it engages to a higher-lift from minimal lift at 2200. But it isn't 'real' vtec, which is which is why I brought it up.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I consider VTEC a compromise to normies driving. Why not just have the aggressive cam all the time?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Aggressive camshafts aren't good for low RPMs anon, sure a Honda in high lift VTEC mode, or a huge lope cam V8 screams at high rpm, but they run horrible at low rpms, terrible torque and fuel economy, because you need more fuel when an engine is getting a shit ton of air, that's why Honda and all these companies restrict the intake at low rpms, it's not to frick with us, it's so the car runs right.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because you have no tools, you're not a car guy. You're a homosexual larper.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *