Why there is a cult following the LS430 with people cumming, shitting and pissing themselves every time they talk about this car?

Why there is a cult following the LS430 with people cumming, shitting and pissing themselves every time they talk about this car? is it really that fricking good?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes. It is the perfect luxury car and perhaps the best car ever made.
    t. owner of a 2005 LS 430 in CL trim

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It was dream car in highschool and i finally got one after years of searching for a clean example

Hows that 6speed holding up?

https://i.imgur.com/CW5PMIk.png

Happens whenever some homosexual car vidtuber decides to make a video about "THIS CAR YOU TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT AND WHY YOU NEED TO BUY ONE YESTERDAY" and then they magically disappear on the used market and/or a 5k meme tax

>tfw I'll never be able to track downa cobalt ss with less than 100k for sub 5k

Any generation of the ls is overpriced with the lexus tax. The 430 was no exception.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Its holding up great. Only 60k miles though. The last one was able to get past 400k.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

How do u change out the transmission oil in the facelift? Did u ever change it in the old one?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/pXPfA36.jpg

[...]
        [...]
        [...]
        [...]
        I have a 2004 RX 330 90k miles. No rust. Great condition. How do i make it last forever? Only problem is headlight fogging and something is wrong with the air intake bc the engine feels a little bit choked. Going to clean it and run fuel cleaner soon when i get some time. Thanks Lexus bros i love my car

ugly

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Post car homosexual

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

seethe

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cope harder homosexual post that shitbox

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Toyota/Lexus is a meme at this point.
      The try hard contender, you will never be a Mercedes.
      You will never break the hierarchy
      Always been a mix of imitation Mercedes, ugly or mommy car.
      Preferred choice of females everywhere. Perfect for the gaylord that wants the German car experience but too scared or sensible to actually do it. Plays it safe like a fricking gaylord. Sorry seconds to the true leaders BMW then Mercedes. Fricking Lexus, a Camry with a body kit. These days they are plagued by electrical/infortainment issues, like Audi.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Nah. Lexus back in the 90s and 00s were the GOAT of the executive sedan market. GS and LS both spanked the frick out any MB that tried to compete, and the only thing BMW put out that was interesting was the high performance M series sedans.

You only buy an 7-Series/S-Class because you can't afford to buy a Bentley/Rolls, but you are too pretentious to be seen in a 5 series or E-class.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Lexus is nowhere near BMW or the legacy.
          Example, 2013 650i 445hp V-8. Just one of many non-M cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It doesn't need to be anywhere near BMW performance wise. Different focus. Lexus's main appeal is that it will continue to run well past 200k miles with just basic maintenance. Your bimmer will not make it to 2030 without you having spent a small fortune maintaining it. As far a legacy, there is a reason why that bimmer likely is 1/4 the price it sold for new. Plenty of 10 year old AMG sedans selling for cheap as well.

Besides, we are talking about different eras of car. My focus is on the 90s and 2000s Lexus sedans. The same ones that forced the Germans to step up their efforts and actually compete.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That post reads really weird, like it's a bot

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Because you're not surrounded by intellectuals.
            You live in a circle where you would be shamed for showing signs of intelligence. Bots just happen to have images on stand-by and knows car specs by year? And that bot lives on DA?
            /sarcbot off

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

ESL

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Lexus back in the 90s and 00s were the GOAT of the executive sedan market.

They sold some luxury sedans to Americans too poor for a Mercedes, thats literally the whole Lexus lore. Notice nobody cares about them outside of America, even the Japanese.
          https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2006-nov-15-fi-lexus15-story.html

Now if Lexus was conquering global markets like the S-Class, then we can say they really made it better but all we got are fancy toyotas

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nobody cares because for most of the world they are just Toyota. Lexus is the upscale RWD options from JDM toyotas.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Lexus is the upscale RWD options from JDM toyotas.
            >upscale

The L does look fancier than the weird Toyota logo

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Everything inside the car is significantly more upscale than the Toyota equivalent. Lexus is a luxury-import brand, so imagine the top trim of a regular Toyota with extras

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>sedans to Americans too poor for a Mercedes
            Those cars of too expensive to maintain. Europeans don't drive. Americans drive a lot. They actually understood what Americans needed. Not some overengineered piece of shit that needs constant maintenance if you drive as much as us. Also, we had factories opened here to make them domestically.

Give us a car that fricking works. They did, so that's why they're popular.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just weeblet things

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nah this is a step above. Sent everyone back to the drawing board.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a nice car, very reliable, albeit with expensive parts.

It has one issue though, the LS400 is better

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

LS400 is okay, but the 430 is inherently superior to it. More power, better MPG, more room.

its the cope generation
      LS400 or LS460 are better

>LS460
      Not nearly as reliable. Front suspension destroys itself over time.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>LS460
        >Not nearly as reliable. Front suspension destroys itself over time.

Really? What happens to it. I thought the early 460s (2006-2012) might be the way to go since they've got a timing chain instead of belts and more horsepower; but they don't yet have the giant weird grill that Lexus has had for the past decade.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

They are known for eating front suspension components. I'm not sure about the post-2013 ones, but I still wouldn't trust modern Lexus to maintain quality control like the old school ones. Remember, sales numbers dropped after 2009 and never recovered.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheCarCareNut
          This guy is a Lexus guru and pretty much explains the common issues in each generation.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>They are known for eating front suspension components.
            They're just heavy. Diesel pickup trucks suffer from the same issue with steering and suspension because the engine is so fricking heavy. Ask a 3/4 diesel owner and they know someone who paid out the ass to rebuild the front end.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

LS400 is okay, but the 430 is inherently superior to it. More power, better MPG, more room.
      [...]
      >LS460
      Not nearly as reliable. Front suspension destroys itself over time.

https://i.imgur.com/CW5PMIk.png

Happens whenever some homosexual car vidtuber decides to make a video about "THIS CAR YOU TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT AND WHY YOU NEED TO BUY ONE YESTERDAY" and then they magically disappear on the used market and/or a 5k meme tax

>unibody
      Handles far better than a car its size should thanks to that.
      >interference engine
      Timing belt + water pump every 90k miles. My last 430 made it to 425,500 miles before the transmission finally failed. Junked it and bought another.
      >no air suspension
      Expensive to fix and no difference in quality between air and decent coilovers in most conditions.

The LS430 is highly regarded because its one of the few luxobarges that can be dailied without worrying about some catastrophic problem leaving you stranded. Literally everything European from its era couldn't compete, and almost no modern car can compete on price to quality ratio. You can pickup a very nice example for $20k and have a car that btfos every sedan under $60k in quality and reliability.

https://i.imgur.com/yrk1CnG.jpg

It was dream car in highschool and i finally got one after years of searching for a clean example

Hows that 6speed holding up?
      [...]
      Any generation of the ls is overpriced with the lexus tax. The 430 was no exception.

I have a 2004 RX 330 90k miles. No rust. Great condition. How do i make it last forever? Only problem is headlight fogging and something is wrong with the air intake bc the engine feels a little bit choked. Going to clean it and run fuel cleaner soon when i get some time. Thanks Lexus bros i love my car

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

How's the gas mileage on them? I'm strongly considering one or even an RX330, they're cheaper than Rav 4s and CRVs in my area.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Like 16mpg-22. But it’s an awesome car and super comfortable

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

How's the gas mileage on them? I'm strongly considering one or even an RX330, they're cheaper than Rav 4s and CRVs in my area.

I loved my 05 rx330 but it was totaled recently.
        Tested a 2010 RX350 and boy is it horrible.
        I don't know WHAT they were smoking when they designed the interior.
        That center console is an abomination, why are the 12 volt and usbs inside it and why do I have to use a flashlight to find them after digging out all the shallow trays and bucket? It's cavernous in there but has a narrow opening like my wife.
        I miss my star trek door center console doors.
        I miss that little pop out cup holder by the steering wheel.
        At least it doesn't have an ipad like the V8 GX I tried with HVAC controls buried in menus.
        Also the steering wheel is horribly uncomfortable and the handling is worse.
        Do later years get any better?
        Am I fricked?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I really want an UCF21

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

UCF21 was peak LS imo, you had the 290HP but still 1UZ but also got the 5 speed. I can say it's the comfiest car I've ever owned.

430 looks bloated

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

its the cope generation
    LS400 or LS460 are better

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You say that but I’d still keep my 430 over either gen

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the 430 is peak lexus. best build/materials. perfect amount of tech to still feel modern enough.

460 is the worst LS. least reliable and the interior melts. 13+ are ok though.

How do u change out the transmission oil in the facelift? Did u ever change it in the old one?

drain pan (remove if replace filter), measure what comes out. fill back through fill hole with same amount. pull trans cooler line to collect old fluid. get in and turn on car, manually shift through gears to circulate fluid. measure what came out and refill. repeat until fluid runs clean. to verify level get trans up to certain temp (think 215 degrees) and pull fill plug. if overfilled it'll pour out, let drain until trickle. if underfilled fill until trickle. not that much more involved than the dipstick models.

https://i.imgur.com/pXPfA36.jpg

[...]
      [...]
      [...]
      [...]

replace fluids (coolant/trans/power steering/brake/diff) due to age. you're due for a timing belt, go ahead and replace the accessory tensioner/pulleys w/ belt and the crankshaft seal while you're in there. won't have to touch the front of the engine until the next timing belt service. probably do spark plugs if they're original. aside from that do air filters yearly and oil changes every 5k.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>LS460
      extremely ugly

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

no that happens because of poor "people"/carbro cavemen buying them and driving them into the ground/ruining them with SIKK MODZ/letting insurance total them over fixable accidents because theyre underinsured/only have liability

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

homie this guy is driving a fricking 600.000 miles Lexus and it looks like it's brand new, don't talk shit when you know nothing bus rider.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>unibody
    >interference engine
    >no air suspension
    i don't get it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>unibody
      Handles far better than a car its size should thanks to that.
      >interference engine
      Timing belt + water pump every 90k miles. My last 430 made it to 425,500 miles before the transmission finally failed. Junked it and bought another.
      >no air suspension
      Expensive to fix and no difference in quality between air and decent coilovers in most conditions.

The LS430 is highly regarded because its one of the few luxobarges that can be dailied without worrying about some catastrophic problem leaving you stranded. Literally everything European from its era couldn't compete, and almost no modern car can compete on price to quality ratio. You can pickup a very nice example for $20k and have a car that btfos every sedan under $60k in quality and reliability.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Its reliable
    >Its luxury
    >It looks good
    With other cars, you get 1 or 2 out of those 3, at most. With a 90's/2000's Lexus, you got all 3.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

weebs on gibs
    simple as

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They took the S-class, and made it actually feasible for the average person to own

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not quite. The LS was still pretty expensive to buy new. What they really did was the made it cheap enough that the average person could afford to maintain it outside the initial warranty period.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's what I said.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because it was the earliest car to build social media hype aside from supercars

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It’s literally just a slower, boring, but easier to own merc. Toyota copied German homework but got a B- turning in the same paper.

But that’s about the only negative. A good car but unoriginal and uninspired.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They got an A+ for understanding what cars Americans need. German autism couldn't figure it out.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>is it really that fricking good?
    For what it is, yes. They're very quiet, it leaves you feeling better after the trip, and they're very amenable to aftermarket modification, so if you want to upgrade the audio system to a more modern unit and add more sound insulation, the Lexus handles all of that in stride.

Their repair costs are high so that must be accounted for, but if you're a croozer, it's probably one of the best ways to enter the segment aside from the Avalon.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

to the North Americans here,
    where would I need to look (or who would I need to contact) if I was in search of a 2005 or 2006 MY that has been maintained well?
    I'd prefer the highest trim level possible including the radar guided cruise control thing. Also preferably un-modded.
    Not looking for a bargain.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Crigslist or fb marketplace. Search for and verify it was actually a one family car. Expect to pay well over 10k tho. I found and bought a 02 ls430 with 87k miles off a Honduran man but it still ended up being clean. Make sure they have records of major maintenance milestones like the timing belt change.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

ty, anon

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Np anon. These cars are praised to be reliable and they are but they're also quickly entering into the classic car era. It will be easier on your wallet to daily than a similar gen benz s430 or 740i but dont expect it to perform like a Camry and drive it day in and day out without some issues. That was my mistake. Take care of yours once you find it

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Lexus cars are works of beauty

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *