Why were car interiors from 2005-2010 such dogshit? >acres of gray plastic

Why were car interiors from 2005-2010 such dogshit?
>acres of gray plastic
>interrupted only by silver PAINTED plastic

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

can't think of a more unmistakeable mark of the proverbial beast than plastic that's been painted silver, not even chromed plastic

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Counterpoint: piano black plastic

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/P6SiB92.jpg

here's your """""luxury car""""" interior bro

these are aesthetic, organized, perfectly functional interiors. hate by seething by zoomers who have a meltdown if they go more than three minutes without staring at an ipad.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It looks like a fisher price toy and you are mindbroken to think it's acceptable.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because of israelites
    Total israelite death

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

here's your """""luxury car""""" interior bro

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nice buttons and knobs. That level of practicality is almost a luxury these days.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

who says a3 is a luxury car

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>NOOO MY $15K SHITBOX FROM 2007 DOESNT HAVE MAHOGANY WOOD TRIM AND SHEEPSKIN CARPET????

>audi
      >luxury car
      lol. it's just higher trim bimmers, literally. its like getting mad that lincolns look like shit. post car.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>audi
        >luxury car
        I'm not calling Audis luxury cars, I'm making fun of those who do. Also they're VWs which is somehow worse than being BMWs

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>it's just higher trim bimmers,
        worse, volkswagens

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>it's just higher trim bimmers
        Why the frick are you even on this board?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Don't EVER compare a homosexual vw to a BMW.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>it's just higher trim bimmers
          Why the frick are you even on this board?

>it's just higher trim bimmers,
          worse, volkswagens

>audi
          >luxury car
          I'm not calling Audis luxury cars, I'm making fun of those who do. Also they're VWs which is somehow worse than being BMWs

made the muslim community upset by comparing generic german grocerygetter to a different generic german grocerygetter.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>has no clue what the frick he's talking about
            >"mug mudslimes"
            Moot should have nuked /misc/ before he fricked off, I swear that board attracts the dumbest motherfrickers to this site

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm so very sorry for confusing your precious BMW with the awful! ugly! horrible! vw. I'm such an idiot for not recognizing how completely different they are.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

utter garbage. the "designers" should be drawn and quartered

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

if only for being German

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wait, it gets worse. Some VWs have capacitive touch "buttons" on the wheel.
            Some reviewers managed to turn on the cruise control in dense traffic while getting used to the things.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

this is why I'll never own a post 2010 car
            i will never use the touchscreens
            i will never have a car that nannies lane changes
            i will never have a car that shifts its own transmission
            i will never live in a pod
            i will never eat the bugs

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

also that new vw logo is an abomination

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

When you turn the wheel there's a good chance you'll end up hitting the heated steering wheel "button", which brings up a climate control menu on the main screen that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HEATED STEERING WHEEL, and requires 3 more taps of the "button" to cycle through the different steering wheel heater settings, and then you need to close the menu on the main screen to get back whatever you had on there initially.
            It's baffling just how bad the user interface design is.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

vws are GAY as FRICK

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you removed the badges and asked me which one was supposed to be a luxury car and which one was supposed to be "the people's car", I wouldn't know. They look on par with each other.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

BMW is somewhat based, they make RWD sport sedans on double bones (although they do employ rental-tier leasebait practices like plastic engine parts and auto only models)
            meanwhile vws are GAY as FRICK, no exceptions

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>vws are GAY as FRICK
            "Based," to use the parlance of our times. I just keep comin up with the hits, bb

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Modern Lincolns are great, most people just ignore them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

VAGshit have good interiors. Notice how much better it looks than the french turd

https://i.imgur.com/5NpmAI3.jpg

Why were car interiors from 2005-2010 such dogshit?
      >acres of gray plastic
      >interrupted only by silver PAINTED plastic

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Aside the logo, that steering wheel and airbag is identical to my skoda.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Aside the logo, that whole car is identical to your skoda.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

VAGshit have good interiors. Notice how much better it looks than the french turd [...]

Audis from that era were pretty comfy. Possibly even reliable, if you got a manual with one of the better TDIs.
      I know someone who has one of those, and he only has to pull fuses sometimes to get the trailer electric socket working. Pretty good by Audi standards. The ones made after that have so much electronic crap that something's always fricked.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's an Audi A3. Nowhere near luxury. I liked it. It felt minimalist. It's a nice alternative to cars where the dashboard swoops onwards towards the passengers taking up needless volume

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>volkswagen
      >luxury

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Seems your only experience with cars from that era is shitboxes

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I mean it looks less shit but it still looks shit tbh

VAGshit have good interiors. Notice how much better it looks than the french turd [...]

jej please be joking they look the same

Counterpoint: piano black plastic

At least that looks nice for the first 12 milliseconds after cleaning

[...]
      these are aesthetic, organized, perfectly functional interiors. hate by seething by zoomers who have a meltdown if they go more than three minutes without staring at an ipad.

picrel is my interior stfu

Now it's acres of gray and piano black gloss plastic interrupted only by huge fricking screens

Still less empty and monotonous than late 00s.

[...]
      [...]
      [...]
      made the muslim community upset by comparing generic german grocerygetter to a different generic german grocerygetter.

they're both dogshit but Audi is just a cut above (or I suppose below)

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>poorgay with a shotbox
        Pottery

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yeah but I opted for a good looking shitbox

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Looks like shit, homosexual

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

compared to OP?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Poast photo from current year

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Fortunately whoever bought my shitbox paid extra for the option that replaces the sad silver plastic trip with fake carbon fiber to break up the black plastic.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Now it's acres of gray and piano black gloss plastic interrupted only by huge fricking screens

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why would someone who doesn't know anything about cars post on the board for automotive enthusiasts? Is he really that addicted to (you)s?

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

better than piano black

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Meanwhile my 2012 interior is actually quite nice except for window switches breaking have had zero issues

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

breaking as in not working or snapping off? because ive had a similar problem and fixed it by just opening the switch up and cleaning out the corrosion.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>breaking as in not working or snapping off? because ive had a similar problem and fixed it by just opening the switch up and cleaning out the corrosion.
        Genuine and aftermarket both shithouse fg infamously bad for it

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

what it looked like before I cleaned it. black shit everywhere. no idea what its from. i assume some sort of oxide layer

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>uses some econocar Nissan as an example
    Sounds like a poor issue. This era was the best for German luxury cars I think - iPad screens weren't in yet, touchscreens weren't used since ze Germans knew it was distracting, and they hadn't downgraded their interiors with creaky plastic and gloss black trim just yet. Hell, you could even get a few models without a mandatory screen at all still, and in the case of a few BMW and Audis they were even retractable.
    Japanese luxury stuff from this era wasn't that terrible either, it was a based in-between era where you could have DVD navigation yet still have a cassette deck in a Lexus, for instance.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My old E90 has this exact same interior, literally perfect. Out of all the many cars I’ve had over the years that interior was my favorite.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Are you implying that 90s interiors were better?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

90's american cars had horrific interiors, fisher price like buttons and knobs.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because everyone had gotten sick of the little tykes technicolor melted plastic of the 90s, so designers tried to make it look more sedate.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Garbage opinion

90s to 2010 has best most comfy interiors. Everything thereafter is soulless.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>implying its better now

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *