Why'd they do it bros? Why'd they kill it?

Why'd they do it bros? Why'd they kill it?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Obsolete.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

t. American who can't drive stick

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>america america america

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pretending to like it was always a cope.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Most people just need a car for A to B, shopping or picking up the kids. They don't need a fun vehicle, they don't need a fun time driving, they need an efficient appliance. Thankfully we are here on a automotive enthusiast board by choice so obviously we love the manual...right bros? we enjoy the drive! not the A to B daily slop

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

automatic transmissions are less likely to keep being reliable if something goes awry. if you can’t drive a manual without wearing out the clutch every 10k miles then that’s on you. not the transmission.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

My manual is more in the shop that it's in the road man, shit just keeps breaking down after 15 or so years on the road. Good thing is you can leave it in neutral and push when it does shit itself.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

my automatic is more fun than a manual, faster and uses less fuel

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>they don't need a fun time driving
      I don't think driving manual is fun, quite the opposite, I think it's a chore.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It really depends on the roads you drive, I live in a place where you won't be able to drive in a straight line for more than 30 seconds at a time and I have a great time, but when I was living down in the bigger city with nothing but long straight roads and traffic lights I despised driving altogether

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yea you probably drive mostly for work and sit in traffic all day. Shame.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>we love the manual...right bros

bet your sweet little pink ass we do !
      Speaking of manual, I feel a small delay between when I give gas and when the car accelerate.
      This is due to what?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

what car is it?
        it could be caused by electronic throttle.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I believe that and when you take the foot out of the gas pedal and it doesn't immediately drops the revs are due to emissions

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Most people just need a car for A to B, shopping or picking up the kids. They don't need a fun vehicle, they don't need a fun time driving, they need an efficient appliance.
      Anyone who says this has not driven on old Euro roads. You want fine control. Automatic has only ever made sense for Americans.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

automatic transmissions pick gears better and faster than you ever will

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

no they don't, they are laggy and terrible at picking gears on non-flat roads

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

that's what paddles are for dummy

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Those are laggy crap unless you are driving a ferrari or something

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

tell me youre poor without telling me youre poor

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

that's what paddles are for dummy

Even richgay autos can't tell whether the momentum you already have is enough to get you through a short uphill and will downshift and rev like a spastic.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

show me a single auto that stalls going up hills

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If a manual starts stalling you can downshift, if an auto doesn't need to downshift and it does it's annoying and wastes fuel

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

automatics have better real world fuel efficiency

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

no they don't lmao, they are always slower and thirstier

and there it is, concrete proof that you are poor

modern automatics are faster and more economical in the real world, your dads auto from 1995 that you grew up with is irrelevant

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

no they aren't, you need a top-notch auto to match a normie manual in responsiveness, you can release the clutch as fast as you want

>i like to annoy other motorists by not keeping a consistent speed

why are manualgays like this

when i don't want to annoy them i have the option, when there aren't other motorists around i have the option

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

modern automatics shift faster than manuals

automatic cars have better real world 0-60 than their manual versions

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No auto has a better 0-60, there is always less loss of torque in the mechanical connection than through the fluid pressure.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>No auto has a better 0-60
            lol

this has to be american pretending to be a moronic yuro right, no one actually thinks this when its proven wrong with 5 seconds of googling

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

due to modern emission standards car manufacturers have to gear manual transmissions so their cars can pass
            automatics have the comfort of having 15 different gears so emissions aren't a problem and most manufacturers just cheat on those emissions tests due to how specific they are

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

no they don't lmao, they are always slower and thirstier

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>computers play chess faster so chess players are morons!!!!

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cars with autos are more expensive and cost more to fix and service too. So pretty much the same reason as always - money.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It gets slightly less fuel economy than a CVT/automatic, and it's harder to get the auto emergency braking that is now practically mandated on new cars to work with it. But, some companies have found a way and it's not dead yet; grab one while you can.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>got a 2021 Corolla hatchback with a manual
      >want to get a 2024 XSE
      >no longer has a manual option

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Toyota said they sold less than 1 percent with the manual option but I'm sure it was a pain in the ass to find one with their dealership structure

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Should I just keep my current Corolla? I have about 6k in equity right now. The only thing that makes me want to upgrade is I got a base model. I want an XSE to have some of the nicer premium actrouments. I'd have to cope and accept that I'll have an automatic now.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I would keep the manual one personally. There’s plenty of time in the future for automatic cars with slightly nicer interiors

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Exactly, I've had autos since 2021 and am desperate to get back into a manuél. Plenty time for autos when I'm an old c**t

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you make that trade, you will regret it forever. There will be newer, "nicer", automatic Civics made until the end of time.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If your current car is also an E210 then upgrading to a used manual E210 is not a great use of money, considering Corolla is due for a new generation in a couple years. Maybe if you find a 2022 low mileage manual one for cheap?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

is a GR completely out of the question, even with trade-in? if you care enough about having a stick it's the best possible corolla we're probably ever going to get

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

for 41k I think I'd rather have a v8 mustang

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The huge difference is the Toyota doesn't depreciate like a rock.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

GRs value will hold steady for years. Also it's AWD and not an American turd. Toyota cars are built to last.

>car as an investment cuckholds

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not even as an investment, just that you could probably sell it for the same price you bought it for.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

And you'd be stuck driving a 3 banger Toyota cuckbox for those 3 years

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>durrrr v8 good
            Do you people ever get tired of having nothing compelling or new to say?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

More like non-cucked cars are good, not some fricking weedwacker engine shoved in an economy car

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Buzz words buzz words buzz words, if you don't enjoy cars why are you even here? Cars are enjoyable to drive if you allow them to be, stop treating them like your favorite sports team you low IQ frick

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I enjoy cars that are good, not econoboxes LARPing as sportscars
            Where's your GR Corolla then?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Explain in great detail why it's an econobox larping as a sportscar. Hardmode: Don't use meme words.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Literally in the name
            >Corolla
            You still haven't posted yours. Surely you bought one because it's so cheap and great, right?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That makes no sense, why are you trying to push console war homosexualry in here?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why do you I need to own? Do I need to own every car I appreciate? I enjoy the mustang too and I'm sure you have no problem with that even though I don't own one

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Your opinions are infuriating
            >anything but a v8
            >"not some fricking weedwacker engine"
            you can get a good engine platform from everyone but the koreans nowadays that isn't a v8. v8s get dogshit mileage and are heavier for literally no reason other than simplicity of manufacture. better performing vehicles have other engine platforms or are at least not american type v8s.
            >"I enjoy cars that are good, not econoboxes LARPing as sportscars"
            >a fricking mustang
            3rd place of the big 3 modern muscle. shadowed by GM for aftermarket and performance and by Chrysler, for fricks sake, in value

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

When did I ever mention a V8?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>imblying
            V8 S550s still sell for ~$25k for the older models, 2018+ still go above $30k.
            If you bought a new 2018 mustang GT at MSRP, you could sell it for like $35k and have a loss of $2k (ignoring inflation)
            Unfortunately depreciation hasn't really effected any newer sports cars other than the gt86/brz.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Bro that Merc was $120,000 new, and it's up to a decade old. Compare that to the 2 gens ago mustang. Absolute dogshit car. Rusts like crazy. Worthelss.

Selling a 6 year old car isn't an issue for Kias, let alone Mustangs. Non-sequitur ass motherfricker

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh, and your prices are all fricked up. So everyone should ignore your poor ass uninformed chair shopper mcdonalds employee opinion

S550 as in 2015-2023 Mustang development name. 2015-2017s are less desireable because gen 2 coyote while 2018s+ have the gen 3 coyote and improved mt82.
            Should've been obviously when I implied buying a new one in 2018 wouldve been $37k
            My fault for assuming that you had the reading comprehension to realise that S550 was referring to the at hand discussion of the mustang, rather than a mercedes that no one has mentioned prior, you fricking moron.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why the frick wouldn't a V8 be IMPLIED when talking about a S550 mustang moron. You are the one with fricked up reading comprehension. That instantly points my brain to the Merc. Because everyone knows a S550 mustang is a v8. Frick else would it be?

I'd call it gas lighting but it's more like holding a lighter to a squeakly little fart

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You do know the S550 mustang has a V6 and a i4 turbo, right? Those obviously have a way harsher depreciation curve than the V8 models, why would I not specify the V8?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Bro nobody talking about v6s or i4's from american manufacturers.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh, and your prices are all fricked up. So everyone should ignore your poor ass uninformed chair shopper mcdonalds employee opinion

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

GRs value will hold steady for years. Also it's AWD and not an American turd. Toyota cars are built to last.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

good AWD systems are incredibly underrated.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Should I just keep my current Corolla? I have about 6k in equity right now. The only thing that makes me want to upgrade is I got a base model. I want an XSE to have some of the nicer premium actrouments. I'd have to cope and accept that I'll have an automatic now.

You're going to jump into the same car. There is literally zero difference from 2021 to 2024 except they axed the manual and updated the instrument cluster. The upgrade from SE to XSE is leather, wireless charging pad, and bigger wheels. Maybe a sound system if that. Otherwise it's literally the same vehicle.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>It gets slightly less fuel economy than a CVT/automatic
      Literally only because manufacturers give nice tall gearing to the automatic and short gearing to the stick. Of course the car revving at 2000 rpm is gonna get better mpg at 80 than the one revving at 3500 all else being equal besides the gearbox.

But yeah also fudging fuel economy tests too. My golf mk7 would shift into 4th by 20 mph, lotta gm cars with 1->4 lockouts to also fudge the test

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah I test drove a Mirage with the 5 speed manual, the top gear wasn't nearly tall enough and driving on the highway the engine sounded like a blender

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

thats bc people cant drive and dont know how to be fuel efficient in a manual.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

?? idk but i bought a 2023 off the lot last year with a manual. is it killed?!?!

Real talk though, i just drove from chicago to sw michigan in heavy traffic and that shit was not terribly enjoyable. if i could afford to have both a manuel, and a tesla (just for that commute) i'd do it.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

now you have 9speed automatic gearboxes so they became more efficient than manual so to meet new emmision standards it's easier to remove manual from offer

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

warranty purposes, people cant shift.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Over the pond breaking your clutch or gearbox just isn't covered under warranty

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Skill issue.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>You can buy a caddy in 2024 with a manual
    neat

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'd assume pretty much everyone that actively posts here can drive a manual, Burger or not. This is for enthusiasts and any American here is likely an enthusiast that knows how.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>I'd assume pretty much everyone that actively posts here can drive
      bold and untrue claim

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I learned to drive on a manual and my first 2 cars were manual shitboxes, but I'd rather kms than get another manual car as a daily driver.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Too mechanically simple for modern consumers.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

lazy americans

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Slow and inconvenient. Only around because of novelty.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Manuals are always at least a second faster with better fuel economy and less toxic brake wear, are you trying to kill the environment or something?

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

traffic
    auto shifts faster
    not a lot of "enthusiasts" willing to actually buy a new car with a manual

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The public don't buy them. That has no effect on you. Buy a car with a manual and keep the fricking car for life. Not hard. Why do you care about new sales? (You really just want to complain.)

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You're too smart to buy a new car, remember? They're all overpriced moronic normie bait.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The masses ruin everything per usual due to their lack of taste

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You homosexuals refused to buy anything new with a manual

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not our faults brain dead npcs who put themselves into debt with a car loan outnumber smarter people

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

So smart that you got the kinds of cars that you wanted permanently killed

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Mass market and normies kill anything good for people with actual taste, has nothing to do with that smaller group of people. That is always the trend no matter what market, hobby, and so on.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

clutch pedal manuals are:
    >ugly (third pedal and boot)
    >slow (uncontestable fact)
    >gay (only popular among boomers and miata owners)
    given these facts, it's only natural that they've been phased out

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Truth is, mostly emissions and sound regulations, automatics can pass those easier than manuals since they can be programmed to have earlier shifts and stay in lower RPMs during tests, manuals cannot use this shortcut, so the manuals that aren't dead have weird gear ratios for that reason. Manuals do have a demand, maybe bigger than what manufacturers estimate since dealers are a cancer who kill any interesting car who comes to the lot, but not enough to justify the developing and homologation costs for most cars
    Manuals won't die, they're the car enthusiast option, they'll just be relegated to supercars directed to billionaires who will keep them at a giant storage unit and leave it there until they get enough money from speculation

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>sound regulations

• 2 months ago
      Gears

this
      But there's more, especially with RDE regulation in EU6 you can program an automatic to not do stuff that would make you fail the test, but on a manual the driver can rev the piss out of the engine whenever he wants. And if he wants to make you fail that is a powerful tool. Can't have that.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The most frustrating part to me is that irl you can keep the revs down more easily in the manual, and every manual car I've had gets substantially better fuel economy than sucker when I drive it unless it's track day or I'm towing or something.
        Why do they only have complete buffoons driving for these tests?

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Frick the mustang, we ball

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Amerifats, Chinks and Black folk can't operate it.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

petrol auto or diesel manual

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what if we had non synchro manual gears on cars would it be more efficient

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No, just a pain in the ass. No synchros means you either have to get really good at rev matching and double clutching, or you're slamshifting everything.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

yeah nothing gatekeeps normies like git gud

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Sure, it also means the already small potential customer base for manuals will get much, MUCH smaller.
          Feel free to drop a straight cut dogbox in your daily, there are plenty of aftermarket race car options. There's a good chance you'll want your basic b***h synchromesh box back within a week.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

what else can you do to ludditemaxx your car experience

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Carby for fueling (or the black art that is MFI if you're truly mad), magneto or dizzy for ignition, crank start for the memes

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I just bought my first manual today. (GR86) please pray for my clutch through this learning process.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

manualgays have nothing but nostalgia and delusions to support their desire for such an outdated transmission, as evidenced by half the posts in this thread
    fortunately carmakers largely don't want to support their mental illness and cater to the people with properly functioning brains instead

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you mean underfunctioning, if you don't exercise it wastes away and then you need crutches, how can you deny the science?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i'd say that you were baited but i (and the entire non-moronic car community) stand by everything i just said

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>driver: i will trade some speed on the uphill and gain it back on the downhill without touching the gears for fuel and comfort
          >auto: NOOOOOOO STOP THINKING AHEAD!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>i like to annoy other motorists by not keeping a consistent speed

why are manualgays like this

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

amercans are too fat
    sadly its a big market
    women wants it easy and are moronic
    the average sport buyer of 30 yr ago are now too old for manual

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

American'ts spent the better part of the past century being too dumb to learn manual, so they stuck to slow as shit ancient auto gearboxes for so long that the trickle down effect affected every euro and asia consumer base as well.
    Now we're stuck in a world of coping brainlets scared of a third pedal while their car is set to ACC so they can browse le ddit all day long

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Automatichads we can't stop winning

32. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>oof ouch my leg hurts from riding the clutch so much in traffic
    People buy cars for transportation not fun, anon. And carmakers only make what sells.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *