would volvo be a sufficient shit box?

would volvo be a sufficient shit box? looking at a S40 with 200k, just want something that would easy to work on like a toyo/honda and relatively reliable

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The starters in the engine block, wtf???

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Northstar. UZs are like that too.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bentley puts the starter inside the transmission bellhousing. To replace the starter you have to remove the transmission

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I've replaced one of those before. There's actually a little cover you can remove to get to it without dropping the whole transmission.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks, anon

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They rarely fail when they are protected from the elements.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's so bullshit

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anything european ain't easy to work on

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Anything modern ain't easy to work on
      Fixt.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>S40
    >reliable
    you do know its a mitsu right?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Only the early ones, a mitsu with a renault engine. Latter ones were full swedish and even more of a fricking hassle to work on.
      You thought BMWs or Mercedes were difficult to work on and unreliable plastic crap? You've seen nothing yet.
      You think owning an i5 car is fun? DUDE LISTEN TO MY HALF OF V10 SOUNDS JUST LIKE A V10 TRUST ME BRO WAIT NVM THAT'S JUST RODKNOCK.
      You thought the i5 was stuffed in deep? Transverse 5 cylinder is tight, but wait till you see the absolute shitfest that is the 6 cylinder in the S80.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>tfw bought D5 XC70
        never fricking again am i gonna buy newer than 1990 volvo if i ever get a head trauma so bad that i buy one
        when in doubt, buy jap. works for everything from food to nukes

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

hm its cheap enough, might just buy it and sell it if a repair comes up that i cant fix myself

wow, i just checked and apparently volvo dont hold their value too good. im honestly shocked

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>just want something that would easy to work on like a toyo/honda and relatively reliable

Then get a fricking Toyota/Honda?

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>easy to work on
    >relatively reliable
    >2000s volvo with 200k miles
    no

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just did one of these, first one ever. it's not even that bad nothing was frustrating about the job. it obviously took a bit longer than a normal one I think it paid 2 hours but I don't see why everyone b***hes about em.in some ways it might be kinda handy if the starter goes out and you don't have a lift.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you want a Volvo that's easy to work on you need to get an older one with a redblock. The pre-chink whiteblocks can still rack up the miles, but they're definitely not easy to work on.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Mechanics hate engineers
    Wait till the engineers and their butt buddies show up and start blaming bean counters

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm this guy

I just did one of these, first one ever. it's not even that bad nothing was frustrating about the job. it obviously took a bit longer than a normal one I think it paid 2 hours but I don't see why everyone b***hes about em.in some ways it might be kinda handy if the starter goes out and you don't have a lift.

if you wanna know why mechanics hate engineers check this shit out
      https://www.tohighlander.com/transfer_case_oil_seal_4wd_-655.html
      I think it paid like 15 hours. there's a seal between the transfer case and axle bearing that goes bad, and leaks either gear oil or trans fluid out a weep hole on the right side. all because engineers decided for reasons unknown that that bearing should be lubed by trans fluid pumped from the transmission all the way over the transfer case instead of just letting it be lubed by the gear oil in the transfer case.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

looking to buy a volvo? not sure about your purchase? consult the rules of buying a volvo
    rule 1: if the engine is not longitudinal, do not buy it
    you can buy the volvo if it checks out all the rules

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Watching that guy that tears down busted engines.
    Imagine the water pump being turned by the timing chain. Horrifying.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

oh no I have to remove some things that are easy to reach

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *