wrrrr

Why are average 70's/80's/90's american car interiors total shitshow? No wonder yuppies started to buy European exports in the eighties.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

sadly hardly any of those 80s euro shitboxes are even on the road anymore whilst 80s american cars like turd gens, g bodies, fox bodies, and panthers/b bodies are still a common sight in your local ghetto.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'd rock a purple Camaro.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

ID ROCK-Z

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

80s muscle cars
    >exterior and exhaust:
    Frick yeah
    >interior:
    Yuck!(meant to have cigarettes ashed into the carpets and dash
    >engines:

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

inb4 E30 M3 vs Turd gen 305 comparison pic.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

GM was definitely the worst for interiors falling apart well before their time. Growing up my senpai mostly had chevys which is probably why I haven’t owned one.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i dont know. my 90s ford interior rattles and squeaks much more than my 80s pontiac interior.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is correct. I have 4 1995 caprices. The interior falls apart in your hands. It sucks. Door panels, dash bezels, defroster vent.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why do you need 4 of them? I’d understand two sister models of the same platform like a capri and an impala or firebird and Camaro. But why 4? Parts cars or they all work?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I have 2 acres of land, I have 16 classics overall. My hands are def full, but I relocated from the Bronx to the countryside just to do this, so it works for me. 2 of them are police package models with the LT1, one of them worked for my hometown when I was a kid, the other worked for the town I now live in. The other 2 are retired New York City yellow cabs, one of them is a rust bucket parts car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>have 16 classics overall

I kneel.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They're shitshows in the 00s and 10s too lol.
    Only in the 20s did they improved.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i can assure you 80-2010s australian interiors are way worser

at least the i6s are reliable unlike the shit americ**t v8s

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

American V8s are one of the most reliable configurations/makes of engines in existence though.

There’s more original never rebuilt 80s tbi 350s at 1,000,000 miles than every European manufacturers million mile vehicle catalog combined. There’s even a guy who used to post here with a 800,000 mile LS3 vette. Americans honestly make the best and most reliable V8. The 5.7 from the tundra was literally engineered by GM and leased than eventually sold to Toyota.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>original never rebuilt 80s tbi 350s at 1,000,000 miles
        i sure do hope mine lasts that long too although its tpi

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>American V8s are one of the most reliable configurations/makes of engines in existence though.
        lol
        o
        l

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Coping does not change fact Bucko.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

barra > sbc
            dwi

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>The UR engine, originally used in the Lexus LS, was designed by GM for pickups
        Frick out of here

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It has nothing to do with the Lexus LS motor. The 5.7 was sold to Toyota during GMs bankruptcy, sorry weeb.

Don’t forget to cope and mald and Seeth.

The most reliable engine in any Japanese vehicle is American. GM at that LMFAO.

No serious America just makes the best V8s. Done it the longest and in the highest quantity. It’s no surprise Toyota got it from GM.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Look into this post
            >It's a literal who Facebook post
            Shut the hell up spreading this, just because Chevy had a dohc V8 in the 90s (designed by lotus) doesn't mean that any other engine is magically the same. Hell they even have completely different bore and stroke measurements. if it were true, then all other UR engines would have a considerable amount of carryover as well, which they sure as hell don't.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Literal cope. There’s documents from when GM sold the motor to Toyota you actual weeb moron lmfao.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Post them

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Who the frick cares when Yamaha also designed their shit for 4 bangers

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Get called wrong
            >Prove I'm right
            >Who cares
            High effort bait right there

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Unfortunately for your arrogant ass, I'm a C4 guy. The lt5 was co-developed with porsche, and was built by Mercury marine, not gm. And it's completely wrong to say there wasn't enthusiasm for the motor. It was literally only offered in the corvette, and to option that package it nearly doubled the price of the car, and the only exterior differences were some subtle body changes and a small badge on the bumper. So it wasn't worth getting for status, and while the performance was pretty good for the time it wasn't worth the cost. And again, it was only in the corvette, even though it realistically could have gone in any GM vehicle that had a V8 option.

America clearly does make the best V8 engines but you're arguing the point and the worst way possible. Be better.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The LT4 was also built by mercury, but it’s still a GM motor.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Mercury Marine, who is unrelated to Ford/Lincoln/Mercury. They were contracted to build the C4 ZR1's LT5 as GM didn't have a facility that could efficiently manufacture and assemble such a complicated all aluminum design engine at the low volume they were expecting to sell.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>The lt5 was co-developed with porsche
            >Toyota bought the patent for the LS from GM during GM's bankruptcy
            you Black folk are dropping some insane automotive lore bombs.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Toyota didn’t buy the patton for the LS, GM would never get rid of it. GM did ditch the 5.7 when they switched to aluminum LS2 which went to 6.0l, and the truck version was cast iron, with versions in 4.8L and the most common 5.3. GM didn’t need a “350” 5.7l anymore. Toyota was struggling in the us market with its small less than 5 liter truck V8. To be competitive they needed a larger V8 that could keep relatively competitive with the big 3 and Nissans 5.6l.

GM was bankrupt and had no plans to mass produce a DOHC 350, nor was there demand with the LS being so “DUDE, BRO, LS SWAP 1,000 HP!”
            The entire GM V8 line was using interchangeable parts, trucks, vets, Camaros, meme Trailblazers, ect. Having a 5.7L with a different architecture made absolutely no sense.

tldr: Toyota needed a bigger truck motor fast, GM needed cash fast, and already had a dedicated tooling and parts network for the LS/Vortec.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

While most of the parts and engine characteristics were the exact same in the LT5/i-force from the starter CCA to the firing order, Toyota did make changes to it to over the years. I’m sure they tweaked the stroke and heads to make it tourqier at the cost of HP and maybe improved the cooling system as they had to add towing capacity to stay relevant.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Are you the same moron in the Crosstour thread that thinks the ZDX is a straight rebadge of it? Two engines can share the same displacement and valvetrain style without being mechanically related in the slightest. They don't even have the same bore and stroke. Where are the cylinder liners in the 3UR?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Are you the same moron in the Crosstour thread

No. Don’t know what you’re talking about

>Two engines can share the same displacement and valvetrain style without being mechanically related in the slightest.

Can one manufacturer sell a patent to another, than the purchasing automaker uses the same architecture to build an engine the same displacement, same firing order, same dry weight, that also shares 90% of its parts internal and accessory, from the engine it purchased the rights to manufacture be mechanically related in the slightest?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Show where they share literally anything mechanically. Those blocks look completely different to me.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I can’t help the mechanically illiterate. You’re gonna be confused as to why GM and Toyota use different valve covers because you don’t understand the exterior has nothing to do with the internals.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I already posted the internals. They're completely different. Now post literally anything to back up your claims.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It’s obvious to anyone not a tard when you look at both engine blocks, I don’t know what to say to moronation and denial.

Lotus. Ford consulted Porsche for the Duratec V6.
            [...]
            Hard to post something that doesn't exist.
            [...]
            >no I won't post a shred of evidence of my claim
            Are you a literal moron?

You think Toyota wants everyone to know their best and most reliable engine isint theirs? I don’t expect you zoomers to remember news from 2008 when you were 6/7, but everyone that’s been around remembers the shit show that was the American auto industry in the rescission. The purchasing of engine architecture is not something Toyota will boast about, or even comment on. It hurts thier reputation with people like you.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I was 23 in 2008 moron.

>quora as a source
            >can't even read your own """"""source"""""" that calls out the moron for being moronic
            Frick off dipshit
            [...]
            >it's obvious
            How so? Name literally one design trait the blocks share besides having 8 holes for pistons and being made of metal.

>quora is where your rumor is from
            >replies in that show GM didn't sell it either
            >still hasn't provided a shred of evidence GM sold the 350 to Toyota

>Name literally one design trait the blocks share besides having 8 holes for pistons and being made of metal.

Total internal parts compatibility with the LT5.

Next cope please

>it's a copy!!@!
            >that's why URs don't share GMs 4.4" bore spacing!!@!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

GM never sold a “350” to Toyota they sold technical data and a DOHC V8 design to Toyota.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Post them

I can’t help the mechanically illiterate. You’re gonna be confused as to why GM and Toyota use different valve covers because you don’t understand the exterior has nothing to do with the internals.

Are you a literal moron?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Mine's different.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>quora as a source
            >can't even read your own """"""source"""""" that calls out the moron for being moronic
            Frick off dipshit

It’s obvious to anyone not a tard when you look at both engine blocks, I don’t know what to say to moronation and denial.
            [...]
            You think Toyota wants everyone to know their best and most reliable engine isint theirs? I don’t expect you zoomers to remember news from 2008 when you were 6/7, but everyone that’s been around remembers the shit show that was the American auto industry in the rescission. The purchasing of engine architecture is not something Toyota will boast about, or even comment on. It hurts thier reputation with people like you.

>it's obvious
            How so? Name literally one design trait the blocks share besides having 8 holes for pistons and being made of metal.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Name literally one design trait the blocks share besides having 8 holes for pistons and being made of metal.

Total internal parts compatibility with the LT5.

Next cope please

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The bore and stroke are different, thus the pistons cannot be compatible. So total parts compatibility is not possible. What parts do interchange? Please provide sources.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Total internal parts compatibility with the LT5.
            >111.76mm vs 105mm bore spacing
            >70mm crank bore vs 67mm crank bore
            >99x93 vs 94x102 bore/stroke
            So what you're saying is you don't have a single clue what you're talking about?

GM never sold a “350” to Toyota they sold technical data and a DOHC V8 design to Toyota.

You keep making things up without providing a shred of proof, why do morons do this?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>im out of cope and now have to make things up and purposely misconstrue numbers to fit my head canon

I like this episode lmfao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This is the craziest projection post I've seen yet. You're a literal schizo Anon.
            https://www.zr1netregistry.com/information/general/lt5enginespecs.aspx
            https://www.engine-specs.net/toyota/3ur-fe.html

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Get called wrong
            >Prove I'm right
            >Who cares
            High effort bait right there

https://i.imgur.com/oMGogLm.png

Mine's different.

[...]
            [...]
            Are you a literal moron?

I already posted the internals. They're completely different. Now post literally anything to back up your claims.

Toyotas weakest shill is still their most reliable soldier.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

My browser does that too. Only some of my posts get you’d when I’m mass replied to. Not sure why.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Mine doesn't
            Nice admittance of guilt btw

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Lotus. Ford consulted Porsche for the Duratec V6.
            My mistake, you're right.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No problem. I was just pointing out which U.S. manufacturer did contract Porsche for consultation in the early '90s.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Consider where these american cars were being built, and who was building them.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

70s interiors were generally fine for the time. 80s and up to almost 2010 were garbage. I still can't believe that Ford kept that same garbage interior in the Mustang from 1994 all the way til the end if the new edge generation in like 2008.

Ford trucks had shit interiors too. GM was cheap low quality materials everywhere. Plastic clips holding in plastic trim pieces, so if you try to remove them these days they break apart on removal these days.

Dodge was hard plastics everywhere. They didn't start moving away from that til like 2008 on the Chargers and Challengers.

Interiors were generally grim for sure.

The best 90s interior tho? The 1996-98 era Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis edition. Tan and....green leather seats with red piping. It looked beautiful to me.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>6L
    >125hp
    >smog n cams bro, smog n cams

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I love watching anime-Americans piss shit scream and cry

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the supra and bmw z3 use different engines because they’re not made by the same company and Toyota never buys/leases engines from other brands

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why would Toyota buy a patent for a ~1990 GM engine in 2008 when US patents at the time only provided 17 years of protection?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Buys V8 architecture in 2008 per

https://i.imgur.com/67fAJ6t.jpeg

It has nothing to do with the Lexus LS motor. The 5.7 was sold to Toyota during GMs bankruptcy, sorry weeb.

Don’t forget to cope and mald and Seeth.

The most reliable engine in any Japanese vehicle is American. GM at that LMFAO.

No serious America just makes the best V8s. Done it the longest and in the highest quantity. It’s no surprise Toyota got it from GM.
      >First usage of the UR engine was 2006
      I'm with you on this, it makes absolutely no sense. Even if they did why the hell would they reuse an existing engine family designation and have the 3UR not even remotely similar to the 1 and 2UR?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They never made a 5.7l until they got with GM

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

GM sold the LT5 as a crate engine long after it no longer went into production cars.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes, and? Glock still sells glocks but everyone and their dog sells glock clones because the patents ran out. Any patent protection that existed on the LT5 would have run out in 2007 at the latest, not that there were likely any patents covering it in the first place because it wasn't the world's first aluminum DOHC v8 or anything anyway.

This is moronic vatozone fuddlore based on the idea that every 5.7/350 is somehow the same thing and that only GM can design engines

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Even if protection ran out Toyota couldn’t make the same identical engine without buying the data and architecture from GM moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

But then why does the same identical toyota engine have a different bore, stroke, crank bore, cylinder spacing, and cylinder construction than the GM one?

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Your Mom’s interior is a shit show…

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

American interiors have been shit to modern day. This is modern day Chevy interior.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Same year Euro equivalent to Chevy, Opel/Vauxhall.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

At least the shitty looking one has climate control knobs.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

To give them credit, this is what next year's equinox looks like

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/b8oQvNe.jpeg

Same year Euro equivalent to Chevy, Opel/Vauxhall.

Euro:
      >moronicly shaped glossy panel
      >two gay displays in it
      >glossy buttons in the wheel (enjoy looking at the fingerprints in addition to glare)
      >gay transmission shifter
      >no climate knobs
      >all buttons look the same

Burger:
      >matte plastic (easy on your eyes)
      >one smaller display (less gay)
      >real gauges with real arrows
      >matte button panels with no gaps in between (easier to clean)
      >normal shifter
      >two climate knobs
      >buttons of different shape

I think its obvious which one is superior.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Kek, yeah the one that doesn't look like it came from 2008. Gloss interior parts and a "gay" shifter aren't reasons to shill fisher price interiors. Not to mention, the interface on the vauxhall is just more advanced altogether than the gm. There's a lot more freedom you have over settings and the interior seems much more ergonomic overall, with the vauxhall having its open and flat center console area and screens that face towards the driver with more clear and bigger displays

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Gloss interior parts and a "gay" shifter aren't reasons to shill fisher price interiors.
          It's you who's shilling. I provided reasoning behind both options, and your only "argument" is "looks so 2008 therefore bad".
          >the interface on the vauxhall is just more advanced
          Now you're just spewing incoherent garbage. What interface?
          >There's a lot more freedom you have over settings
          Really? I can't even change the settings without looking as I can with the encoders.
          >the interior seems much more ergonomic overall
          How so? As I pointed out above, it's less ergonomic and less practical. Have you ever driven a car? Do you own a car in the sense of using the same one for prolonged periods and taking care of it?
          >screens that face towards the driver with more clear and bigger displays
          Why would anyone want to willingly cripple themselves? Why would anyone want a screen instead of the normal gauges anyway? In addition to - yes, but HUDs exist and they do a better job in terms of ergonomics and driver awareness.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *