>y-you cant buy that, its a heckin depreciating asset!!1

>y-you can’t buy that, it’s a heckin depreciating asset!!1
If you consider cars to be assets, you don’t belong on this board.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

But they are assets anon. You must have failed accounting in college.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>don't work on your own car you're losing money
      >sure it only costs you $50 to fix it yourself vs paying $500 at a shop but you could have made a gorilian dollars in the same amount of time
      >you just don't value you're own time
      >have you ever read how to win friends and influence people?
      Actual shit I hear from fresh business graduates.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

he wasn't wrong

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>don't have money to pay mechanic
          >have enough to fix it myself
          >lmao you're losing money by not spending money you don't even have

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah but I'm salary. Working more at work doesn't mean I get more money.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

boss makes a dollar while imake a dime which is why i poop on company time

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

LOL
          Yeah do you think the directors making 300k at your company work 40 hours?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

agreed

bout' to pop my own asset in your ass

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It’s a useful liability.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

make me leave lol

I don't even bother selling cars after they break, I hate you needy poorgays wasting my time asking what's 'wrong wit it', if it still has cats, if ill sell it for less, I don't give a frick, a couple grand isn't worth the hassle. That's all any of you are, needy poorgays bench racing, asking 'what's wrong with my neglected Nissan Altima', talking about the latest clickbait car video, muh EV, muh trugg, time wasting garbage

You will never cad your own cylinder heads, you will never lost foam cast them in your garage, you will never get your custom frame dipped. you will never even use a lathe. You will, at maximum, fight over your grandpa's shit and larp as an enthusiast because you know the track time of a C8 and GTR. You won't even assemble a kit car, only complain they don't make outdated 40 year old shit en masse anymore. Trolling all of your stupid asses is a favor to the world.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

All of those things you listed would be called "wasted money" by the depreciating asset people, are you sure you read the OP right?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yup! It's an asset, but so is opportunity cost and, in general, time. I don't have a hoard of shit laying around because it could be useful one day, or they made 2301 of them, or it was my daddy's. I have nothing for the sole reason of having it. I didn't keep my first casting because it was my first casting, I melted the fricking b***h and tried again. That is the purpose of assets, to serve a purpose, even in this triviality hobby of intellectual stimulation and entertainment. Worthless things are worthless, treat them as such and you will be a wealthy man.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>a couple
      You mean dozens? Beacuse that's what new cars depreciate.

But they are assets anon. You must have failed accounting in college.

I'd argue they are liabilities instead of assets

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't buy new cars. In fact I rarely buy cars because it's getting pretty difficult. I've been doing more of my own work simply because whenever a shop touches it they frick it up. I really can't wait until this whole dysfunctional country burns down. I've bought liabilities in the past and it's well worth scrapping them even if you have $10,000 in it. Don't fall for the sunk cost fallacy, get something else that's not a piece of shit and as long as it gets 20ish mpg in the us it doesn't matter. Wealthy people drive pretty ordinary shit.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This is correct. I'd also say that everyone who treats housing as an investment, rather than simply a home, deserves a bullet to the head.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just don't finance it bruz

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>wake up
    >look outside
    >"damn, i got a car. i can go anywhere I want"
    >gets appreciated
    checkmate shekelgays

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>gets appreciated
      in more ways than one too. every noe and then i still get randoms complimenting or asking about the car and i ride the high for hours

6. 3 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

a bmw is almost entirely a depreciating asset before it is a car.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I didn't say not to buy depreciating assets

[...]

I said saving up to buy depreciating assets means you're not earning enough.
    Jerk.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I classify all my vehicles are liabilities because they'll probably get me killed.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I consider vehicles a consumable item. I just hope that when I'm done consuming it, there's enough left to apply to the next consumable item.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My 2023 Taco today is literally the exact price I paid for it back in 2023.

It has been an excellent asset.
    What are you going to do about it, OP?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

buying a Toyota is cheating

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I buy cars and keep them for life. They are not assets because I will never sell them. If I get cancer, I'd rather give them to some kid I know like that scene in Gran Torino.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>on the condition that you don't choptop the roof like one of those beaners, don't paint idiotic flames on it like some white trash hillbilly, and don't put a big gay spoiler on the rear end like all the other zipperhead's cars.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Considering how the economy is right now I'd much rather have a depreciating asset than fake currency.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *