Yesterday I put 900 lbs of tiles in the bed of my 2013 F150 limited that I have had since new and I am afraid I got too close to the 1/2 ton mark.

Yesterday I put 900 lbs of tiles in the bed of my 2013 F150 limited that I have had since new and I am afraid I got too close to the 1/2 ton mark. I could feel that the truck was sagging and weighed down. Normally I hear people say that they put 2000 lbs even 3000 lbs in their truck and they don't feel a thing. I assumed I would have been fine because those guys are always talking about doing that in half tons but I guess those were lies as it was obvious to me that I had a lot of wait in mine.

I have a yard project coming up and I would be carrying mulch, plants and flagstone and even the promotional photo in pic rel doesn't show the guy carrying all that much especially for the size of the bed.

Am I going to kill my F-150 doing this? It seems like I am going to need a 1 ton if I can going to tackle this task.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

did you expect there to be absolutely no difference in feel with half a ton in the back? are you fricking stupid?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You're overthinking it. Putting literally any weight in your bed can make it sag. You're well within what the truck can handle.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

they're leafs in the rear of course they'll sag
    now if a coil was back there you'd have some problems
    you can get aftermarket air bags for the rear suspension if the sagging is really bothering you
    but the leafs should return to normal height after a few weeks of no payloading
    or just rent a uhaul pickup and dont give a frick

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Don’t risk it bro. You need at least a F-350 to haul supplies for diy gardening projects.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I could effortpost a decent reply to this but you sound stupid so I'm not going to

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I got too close to the 1/2 ton mark
    your truck can carry 3000 pounds in the back by the way. "half ton" is a carryover term from 50 years ago.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Exactly. Most "half ton" trucks these days actually have a payload rating of at least 1500 pounds.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

900 lbs should be fine. As said, 1/2 ton is a moniker that is outdated but still used.

On the inside of your driver's side door frame, there should be a sticker/tag that tells you the weight capacity of your truck. You should not exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GWVR). It will also list Curb Weight and a Max Payload. The max payload should be about the curb weight minus the GWVR. This is what you can put in the bed plus your weight and still be considered "safe."

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>900lbs
    >400kg
    That should be absolutely fricking nothing for an amerigan trugg

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Some of them have 1350lbs payloads. Ameroids will say that it is based on 70 mph speeds but they don't realize that if you drop 1600 lbs in that same SUV with a bed they are sitting on the bump stops. They literally have no idea what a pickup feels like with more than 300 lbs of kayaking gear in it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

werks on my machine™

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Bitches about carrying 400kg in a work truck
    b***h i’ve carried more than that in my 2012 range rover sport l320 and that’s a luxury suv. Didn’t even give it a second thought. The air suspension is fine and nothing happened to this day. Stop being a little b***h and use it for what it’s made. Or go buy a tesla model 3 and a dilator.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hilux regularly takes a ton of gravel. It shouldn't be an issue

>American truck
    Frames warped and it wrote an automated email to Ford saying you aren't complying with their use policy

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Frames warped
      It's not Japanese

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've put (18) 50 pound bags of feed in a 2004 camry, although I usually only get 8-10.
    I have multiple trucks but see no need to waste gas on a drive into town for such a small load.
    Stop being a dumbass.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Similar. Not often, but I regularly haul 1000lbs of deer corn in my F150. I haul yards of mulch for me and the truckless neighbors every spring to redo our landscaping. I load the bed with my 600lb 4-wheeler plus corn, water, coolers, etc and me and a few buds. Your truck is fine anon. Like a woman making the house, it's doing what it's meant to do.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Truckgay when he hauls something other than kids, golden retrievers and groceries
    >IS MUH TRUCK ABOUT TO SNAP

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>dad uses his truck for the first time
    youll be fine. i work in the building materials area at lowes and load 3200+ pounds of concrete into half tons daily, and the same mexicans just come back for more the next day with no issue

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

that's embarrassing. i put 600lbs of tiles and thinset in the trunk of my lowered audi a4 and didn't even hit the bumpstops.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I did that one and broke a leaf. Didn't know until the broken one swong out of the stack and started grooving a tire. I put 1,100 square feet of vinyl plank flooring in 2004 F150 crew cab with a payload of less than 2,000 lbs.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I loved watching people overload their trucks when I worked at Home Depot

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I just don't get it, trailer rentals are laughably cheap

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Fricking kek.

>dropping a 1,000 lbs stone in a 1/4 ton truck

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Base model ranger had a 1,300 lbs payload. I doubt that this stone is 1,000 lbs. It's probably far, far more than that.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Driver says "it's rated for 500 pounds", bucket loader guy says "the rock is probably 1700 lbs"

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Didn't watch but a half yard of wet aggregate can weigh 1400 to 1500 lbs, just for reference.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The driver is confirmed for moron, and there's no way the payload is as low as 500 lbs.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Of course he's moronic, he's asking them to drop a 2 ton boulder into the bed of his 20 year old midsize. Even a moern 1 ton rated for more than that would have a shit time when you drop a fricking boulder in the bed

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah that stone would have also fricked an F350 dually. Not as bad as that but you don't want to be dropping 2 tons from any height.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah man thats too much for the truck. Its a pos. You should upgrade to a minivan if you want to haul 2k pounds of shit at once. I used to deliver up to 2500 pound loads with a caravan. You can definitely feel the load but just floor it

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Arent american trucks specced for carrying a full sized american family?
    4 x 350lbs = 1400lbs plus 300lbs of food for one day, so they should atleast be able to carry 2000lbs.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a black belt in cutting corners so I haul stuff with a half ton. If you're going to be an HTT (half ton tard) you need airbags and/ or a weight distributing hitch to look like you know what you're doing.
    I have an HD truck with a v8 but the f150 blows it away in every category.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>1/2 ton mark.
    Why dont you buy a REAL truck?
    The Maverick has a 1500 lb payload capacity lmao

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Lol what a homosexual. It's a truck you aren't going to hurt it. I've had 5600lbs in the back of my 3/4 ton 80s chev and drove it home 65 miles without a care in the world. You didn't hurt your trucks bussy, try using it like a truck once in a while.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I run a commercial supply company and we load up f150's everyday. It's all about weight distribution. Just because it's a half tone doesn't mean you can drop in a ton of weight right on top of the axle and call it good. The load should be spread out over the entire bed and you'll put a lot less load of leafs. You also need to think about center of gravity. I have people ask my guys to drop fully wrapped, 7ft tall pallets in the bed of their f150 and think they're just going to be able to strap it down and drive off. They don't realize how they have dangerously risen the center of gravity on the truck.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Putting anything behind the rear axle takes load off the front axle. Depending on load you may want to drop most of it ahead of the rear axle.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *