(YOU) have 35-40k to blow on a car.

If you had 10-15k more, this would be an easy 996 turbo. Alas, you do not, and so you must choose something else.

You are between an r32 gtr, an rx7 FD, and an e39 m5 and can't decide what you want.

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>r32 gtr, an rx7 FD
    tough choice.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

E39 M5 or E92 M3 is closer to $20-25k, so that's what I would do.

$35-40k can also get you a pre-owned M2 which would be my choice. I'd be fine with a DCT. I wouldn't be crazy buying a FD or GTR for that much, don't like wrenching the older I get and the spares for either are a lot of money

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>don't like wrenching the older I get
      buck broken

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Z3M

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

*Coupe

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

GTS-t Type-M
    RWD & LSD > AWD and power

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sigh, I remember when you could buy a clean one for only AUD$10k. I want to go back.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sigh, I remember when you could buy a clean one for only AUD$10k. I want to go back.

???
      Brehs, just get a Z32? on paper accomplishes the same thing as the GTS-t but without the need for turbos.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

VG30s are way more molested and a huge pain to work on

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A 944 S2 with a swapped LS2 engine

Better handling than anything you mentioned, and still retains 50/50 balance

500 HP on stock transaxle

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

There is no world in which you ls swap a 944 instead of just, you know, buying a c6 z06.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

C6 is pigwide.
        8 inches wider than a 944

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>There is no world in which you ls swap a 944 instead

It's called a world of refined taste

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

is that yours? very clean swap

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/sxlGt0b.jpg

A 944 S2 with a swapped LS2 engine

Better handling than anything you mentioned, and still retains 50/50 balance

500 HP on stock transaxle

944 bros, how do you deal with the transaxle? ? wouldn't a big 6L V8's torque explode the transaxle??

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

S550 premium performance package there is literally no reason to waste that much money on a slow old japcrap

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

intercooler ricer?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This but skip the premium package and add a supercharger

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

r32 is the best investment out of those

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

import a TVR

9. 2 months ago
    throw ricers off buildings

[...]

>redditgay
    Brother you need me to remind you again with the pics? How are those iats looking with your intercooled atmo engine kek?

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

all of those cars are gay id buy 20 chevy cavaliers of various age and trim level

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

5k civic + a few simple mods.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's amazing that these threads still get made.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

rx7 any day
    gtrs are overrated as frick

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I’d get a spirit-r in grey with that money. They’re just at the upper end of your budget and I don’t see their value ever really going down.
    I love R-32s as well, but it’s a lower class of vehicle IMO, and you’re getting gouged on r32’s these days. Also, skylines are pigfat heavy i6 muscle cars, and modern versions of those exist that are newer, faster, more comfy, etc. So you’re basically just paying for looks.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A JDM spirit R? Can they be had for this cheap?

Like the other poster mentioned, an M2 or even a m240/m235i would be a good pick over a gt-r. Same i6 goodness but new, comfy, and better build quality in most areas.
      I would absolutely buy a spirit-r if I had $50k to dump into one, but if you just want a fun car to daily, spend $20-25k on an import rx-7 and use the other $25k of your budget for an engine replacement and when the itch bites you to modify it ( coilivers, differential, clutch/brakes/etc and replace basically everything rubber on it. ) This would give you a great rx-7 that’ll drive better and be more reliable than most cars out there. You can always go for power after that, but they’re great fun with just an exhaust and a tune.
      I honestly prefer mine with an OEM muffler because it’s very civilized for daily driving and that only costs me like 20hp

I'm not planning on heavily modifying anything I get. I'd want something stock feeling. Mainly just reliability mods and replacing worn out parts. A JDM rx7 would put me well under budget, probably about 30k after import fees. Certainly tempting.

My old neighbor actually had an m2. Didn't realize they were so cheap now.

None of those overpriced snowmobiles. I'd buy a nice c5 Corvette for like 15k and invest the rest in mods and restoration and get a beast of a sportscar that's better in like every aspect

Alright Dale, lets get you back inside for some pudding and bingo.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

A JDM spirit-r has been sitting on goo net for awhile now for just under $54k. This would be driving a museum piece and it’d be the perfect rx-7 if you want to keep it stockk and low miles. If you want a daily driver, any model rx-7 in manual is fine. I basically just listed replacing worn parts. These are old cars, they’re all going to need work. I prefer to replace stuff before it breaks, and unfortunately now that means most everything.
        I’ve never had an issue with the “rat’s nest” or stock turbos btw, just replace the hoses with silicone early on.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Also, some of the best advice I got was to purchase one with the best interior possible. My first one was a mess but only took about $10k in mechanical repairs to get sorted out. It costs probably the same roughly for mechanical parts now (less maybe if you account for inflation and the weak yen), but interior parts from junkyard pulls were cheap and plentiful, so the interior would’ve only cost a few thousand maybe to completely replace everything. The situation feels totally different now, with used parts drying up and in worse condition, and new parts being non-existent. $300 trim pieces add up fast, and you’re thankful just to be able to find them usually.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>A JDM spirit-r has been sitting on goo net for awhile now for just under $54k.
          Oof yeah, definitely outside of my budget.
          I'm still not certain if I should import a jdm rx7 myself, or if I should just look for one that's already in the states. I know some people have gotten burned by shady importing companies.
          A US model rx7 is out of the question, just not worth paying for lhd.

Also, some of the best advice I got was to purchase one with the best interior possible. My first one was a mess but only took about $10k in mechanical repairs to get sorted out. It costs probably the same roughly for mechanical parts now (less maybe if you account for inflation and the weak yen), but interior parts from junkyard pulls were cheap and plentiful, so the interior would’ve only cost a few thousand maybe to completely replace everything. The situation feels totally different now, with used parts drying up and in worse condition, and new parts being non-existent. $300 trim pieces add up fast, and you’re thankful just to be able to find them usually.

Makes sense. That sort of thing is just getting harder and harder to find.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Like the other poster mentioned, an M2 or even a m240/m235i would be a good pick over a gt-r. Same i6 goodness but new, comfy, and better build quality in most areas.
    I would absolutely buy a spirit-r if I had $50k to dump into one, but if you just want a fun car to daily, spend $20-25k on an import rx-7 and use the other $25k of your budget for an engine replacement and when the itch bites you to modify it ( coilivers, differential, clutch/brakes/etc and replace basically everything rubber on it. ) This would give you a great rx-7 that’ll drive better and be more reliable than most cars out there. You can always go for power after that, but they’re great fun with just an exhaust and a tune.
    I honestly prefer mine with an OEM muffler because it’s very civilized for daily driving and that only costs me like 20hp

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

r32
    it just looks so cool, I am around so many diesel e39s they lost their charm, rx7 looks like a cheap light toy

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

None of those overpriced snowmobiles. I'd buy a nice c5 Corvette for like 15k and invest the rest in mods and restoration and get a beast of a sportscar that's better in like every aspect

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I take my 40k and buy the factory five cobra kitcar and a blueprinted 351 to slap in her.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

$70 for a used bicycle, $180 for a motorized bike kit, spend the rest of the $39,750 on scratch off lottery tickets holding up the line in the gas station

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

honda civic for 5k and buy 30k in mods

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Either an Elise or a DB9. I could probably afford the Elise upkeep though so leaning towards the Lotus
    >tfw you realize both choices are somehow British

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

C6 Z06

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

two e46 m3s
    one as a daily and one for track use

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

TVR Cerbera and kill myself driving it

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

S55 M2, then spend the rest on fitting a One-piece crankhub

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Skoda 110r with a Skoda Felicia 136M swap converted to carburetor, 6 speed sequential transmission and LSD and maybe supercharge it for shits and giggles.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Remove underseal sound deadening back seat and carpets and your power to weight goes up by 30%.
      There is a whole bunch of fun to be found there without an LS swap.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

H3T or Gladiator

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I get a $7k lincoln continental and spend the rest on hookers and shit

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

C5 z06 use the rest of the money on mods

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *