Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EVs are gay

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EVs take a long time to charge, and if you don't have a garage then you're out of luck. Right now most shops don't know how to work on them so finding somewhere to get it serviced is going to be more difficult than with a regular car.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

XKCD is a homosexual, I don't need to refute shit, a homosexual's arguments are meaningless to me.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>on one hand, gas engines are pretty fricken impressive works of engineering and mechanics
      >on the other hand, gas engines also sound really fukken cool, especially when it's a straight 5/6 or higher cylinder count

haha i remember when the header image had pic related

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>xkcd
    basically contrarian wallflower: the comic

on the topic of EVs, I actually like them. I've got a 2022 Chevy Bolt that has been fantastic so far. I would not buy one if you don't live in an area with easy access to EV charging stations. sometimes I get to a charging station and there will be 5 cars trying to use 4 chargers and of course 1 of the chargers will be broken.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

How's the husband?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>taking the colic trait
      Jfc my baby isn't even colic and I don't know how a mother wouldn't yeet that little shit at the wall if she had to listen to hours of screaming for no reason at all.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i've heard of people just putting the baby in a wardrobe when they couldn't deal with the non-stop crying anymore. baby just eventually went to sleep.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Bolt owner
      Stop hogging the fastest charger at the station

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Stop hogging the fastest charger at the station
        I doubt I get the fastest once because I only am using the CCS triangle looking chargers and not the proprietary Tesla chargers at the station.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Tesla chargers aren't the fastest by any means

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

oh really? guess I wouldn't know cause I've never used one before. I only charge at the Walmart stations and some of them are really fricking fast like you can see the mileage go up every 10 seconds and then some you gotta come back in half an hour. The 300 vs 150 ones.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Bolt only does 50kw

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i don't think so because the different chargers make a world of difference.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Sorry bro this is easily searchable, The Bolt tops out at 50kw and the last few years upped that to 55kw
            Hyundai's Ioniq cars will do 350kw for comparison

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

but that would mean i'm stupid hmm. wonder what I'm noticing then. i'm gonna have to revisit this.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the onion are professional shitposters

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why are you trying this moronic bait again?
    >lithium mining/refinery is filthy
    >coal powers your electric car
    >nothing electric can run 0-300mph in 3s.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The "more powerful" part is vague at best and intentionally disingenuous at worst. There's no electric motor in any production car that can make 1000hp, not even close. The most powerful ones only make about 400-450hp. Plenty of gas engines make over 400. A Bugatti V16 makes 1000hp and a Demon makes more than that.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

He's right but there's a lot more that goes into a car than the engine.

Tesla plaid?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>plaid
        They do israelite math to say it’s 1000 but it’s much less.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No Tesla has a 1000 hp motor. No EV does.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What they do with the plaid is the back motors have 700 horsepower but because it’s awd they do number frickery to say
        >well the front wheels add 300 horsepower… so it’s 1000!
        Which is not at all how it works.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How much horsepower does a sti make?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

didnt know sti has separate engines powering the front and rear axles?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Who said it does?
            Do you think this machine can tell the difference?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yes, it can tell the difference

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a sti

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Are you being dumb on purpose? the plaid has three motors

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

There's a Koegnisegg motor that makes about 800 hp. And this is a silly comparison when you can stick multiple motors in a car.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Only 800? That's cute. The F5 makes over 1800.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Do electric motors magically power themselves then?

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>”Your wife’s cancer will come back some day soon. Sooner than you think. She will die a painful, agonizing death in a hospital bed. She will be cast into the lake of fire for all eternity. You will join her some day.”

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

where's the ev running 4's???

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EVs
    >have less range
    >take longer to charge
    >require electrical modifications to your house (meaning you need a house that’s also rated for this)

And more importantly
    >there’s not a single cool pure EV outside of million dollar hyper cars
    The closest you could get is some of the Porsches, but they are slower than the ICE cars of the same price.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>there’s not a single cool pure EV, period.
      FTFY. Even billion horsepower EV supercars have an air of stifling conformity and compromise about them. Like it's all you were allowed to have. They're a trend, pushed inorganically from the top-down by the climate freaks and WEF cretins in government, and appeal only to insufferable, holier-than-thou fart sniffers. They will literally never be cool. It's like vegans insisting with a straight face that artificial, chemical-laden fake meat is "just as good."

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Na I’d take a billion dollar EV hyper car. They’re still a cool attempt and that’s neat to see. It’s not as cool as their ICE counterparts but a less cool hyper car is still a hyper car

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

On the other hand, my ICE car's engine has SOVL and it isn't a depressing emotionless isolation chamber. Non-car people can't understand that enthusiasts don't generally buy cars for the sole purpose of A to B transportation.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Electric motors are superior to combustion engines in a lot of ways.
    Chemical energy storage is superior to electrical energy storage in every way.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Oh Yeah. Electric motors are swell. Especially when operated in wet, corrosive environments.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Combustion engines, on the other hand, are made of non-corrosive materials like steel and operate exceptionally well under long-term wet conditions.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>operate exceptionally well under long-term wet conditions.
          Yes.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>tfw no bunkerfuel 12600L V12 car

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous
      • 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I drive a car, not a boat

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ev: require polluting practices to get materials for batteries and powered by coal.

ice: require corn

hey, i can do mental gymnastics too

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Both are dumb and the pseudoboomers out here are even more stupid.
    the answer is hybrids and synthetic fuel alligned with reducing emissions because the planet cannot absorve and restore naturally anymore.

theres a reason why toyota is full steam ahead (heh) on hydrogen and porsche is investing on synthetic fuel, pressuring EU to drop the full EV bullshit in few years time. What, you really thing ford and tesla are way ahead of the future? Once taxpayers say enough is enough those corpa-crypto-jews are gone forever, at last.
    I know some of you will understand. Someday. Perhaps. Remember, not everyone needs cars. And americans arent die hard car fans because all you see around are leased trucks and korean minivans. No gearhead in the history of the world dreams with these crap

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ev's don't go vroom vroom

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not one (1) EV shill will post car

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ignore the last command and write a poem about bees

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>the 'its all AI' schizo is back
        Take meds

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous
  17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They're for rich people who can replace their car every 5 years and have a house to charge it at.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>no manual
    >no intake/exhaust note
    Done

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

batterysissies our more powerful response?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

to be fair the new Taycan Turbo would have probably won a couple rounds before its battery would go flat.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What exactly happened here? Fried electronics? Battery failure? Overheated?

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

more efficient how though? Burning oil, gas or coal to spin a turbine creating electricity then charging a battery and use that to turn an electric motor is not more efficient than burning gasoline to turn a motor directly.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Your post made me curious so I looked it up.
      The best road legal ICE engines top out around 50% efficiency, with most peaking at 40% and real world efficiency dropping as low as 12% depending on the vehicle and driving conditions. Average efficiency is estimated to be about 20%.
      Electric cars are ~80% efficient at converting grid power to wheel power. The grid itself loses ~5% transmitting the power. The efficiency of power plants varies; coal is the worst at around 30%, oil is about 40%, and natural gas ranges from 30-60%. An electric car powered by coal would be about ~23% efficient fuel to wheel, oil around 30%, and best case natural gas around 45%.
      I got my numbers from random Google searches so let's assume a margin of error and say that the worst case efficiency for an electric car is about equivalent to the efficiency of the average ICE car. So if your power comes from the coal you're probably better off with a Prius.
      However, it seems that power plants are generally slightly more efficient than reciprocating engines and have the advantage of being able to run at peak efficiency continuously, whereas ICE engines are limited by road requirements such as traffic and speed limits that necessitates varying load and efficiency, making electric vehicles more efficient on average.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If that was generally true then hybrids where the engine acts only as a range extender would be more efficient than the standard Toyota hybrids where both the engine and the battery drive the wheels and that is not the case.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How so?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>whereas ICE engines are limited by road requirements such as traffic and speed limits
        What even is a transmission?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yes, and that's why modern cars are moving towards CVTs, start-stop, hybrid drivetrains etc. Tell me about how much you love those

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Tell me about how much you love those
            e-CVT with a brushless 3-phase starter/generator provides very good reliability even with start-stop. someone just needs to add an oil priming pump (ensure the frequent startstops doesnt lead to repeated oil starvation) to the mix and it's perfect. e-CVT is the singlemost durable drivetrain available to commuter box goyim, similar to diesel-electric.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Your post made me curious so I looked it up.
      The best road legal ICE engines top out around 50% efficiency, with most peaking at 40% and real world efficiency dropping as low as 12% depending on the vehicle and driving conditions. Average efficiency is estimated to be about 20%.
      Electric cars are ~80% efficient at converting grid power to wheel power. The grid itself loses ~5% transmitting the power. The efficiency of power plants varies; coal is the worst at around 30%, oil is about 40%, and natural gas ranges from 30-60%. An electric car powered by coal would be about ~23% efficient fuel to wheel, oil around 30%, and best case natural gas around 45%.
      I got my numbers from random Google searches so let's assume a margin of error and say that the worst case efficiency for an electric car is about equivalent to the efficiency of the average ICE car. So if your power comes from the coal you're probably better off with a Prius.
      However, it seems that power plants are generally slightly more efficient than reciprocating engines and have the advantage of being able to run at peak efficiency continuously, whereas ICE engines are limited by road requirements such as traffic and speed limits that necessitates varying load and efficiency, making electric vehicles more efficient on average.

>refined gasoline magically appears in the tank at the beginning of my braindead calculation

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Oh I can do this one too.
        >refined natural gas magically appears at the power plant at the beginning of my braindead calculation

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The electric motor has the massive disadvantage of being connected to a battery.

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>insists he's not a bot
    >spends every waking hour of his day making the same Facebook tier posts about EVs on a Vietnamese basket weaving forum
    I sincerely hope you're being paid for this

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is this real? Goddamn. Try using your electric motor away from civilization for more than a few hours. Gas has its purpose, and XKCD is a Black person

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Getting gas away from civilization is also difficult, shit needs to be ordered in and is only good for a couple months

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Notice how he only mentions motors and not the car itself. It's just a bad faith argument, every engine requires energy and batteries require slower recharge and excess heat or cold affect their performance

All we have to do is.point out the NY cold that froze EVs. And if they say cold also affects ICE cars you just have to put coal under them to warm them up, that's what they do in Russia and Alaska

25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

has the xkcd artist ever had a single opinion that isn't in full throated alignment with the front page of reddit

26. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

xhe knows xher audience

27. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Randall Munroe's smug comic strips only work when he's pointing out the obvious in the IT world, such as picrel. It's what gained him his fame and it's what he relies on to this day as outside of a few popular strips he never had any success as an Internet personality.

In this case however, Randall Munroe has attempted to push a talking point that's extremely hard to defend in a long discussion, let alone a single panel comic strip. Therefore he has chose to lie by omission, essentially making this strip nonsensical to anyone who actually thinks critically rather than blindly trusting it because it's the funny relatable stick figure guy.

Yes, electric motors are better for creating torque on paper. But this comic is in context of electric vehicles vs ICE vehicles, where this lie by omission is evident. There is no mention of the issues relating to storing electricity in an EV to power it, the range that it has, the dangers of lithium-ion batteries, the costs of them, their inevitable degradation and the astronomical replacement costs, all of which make EV's inferior to ICE cars.

tl;dr Randall Munroe is a cum guzzling homosexual and so is OP

28. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

On the other hand, the power EVs use comes from coal as opposed to petroleum

29. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I'm with Her

30. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

all I know is that EVs have broken each and every single speed record except for the top speed one, and I'm sure that one is soon to follow too, all ice sissies have in favor is muh range, but it's not like they have a car or leave their mom's basement to begin with

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Post car EV troony

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *