>you're isekai'd back to medieval times

>you're isekai'd back to medieval times
>the king orders you to build him a car using your knowledge of automobiles or he will execute you
>if you succeed you become a noble with many buxom maidens
>you can hire anyone you want blacksmiths wheelwrights chemists etc
what do?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>>the king orders you to build him a car using your knowledge of automobiles or he will execute you
    id just invent LED lighting strips and have the fricking ricer enthralled for years. dude would probably put them all over his horse.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You're a fricking homosexual and isekai is dumb. Making an engine is impossible before the advent of precision machining, which requires measuring tools and units, etc.

Ptit pd.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>>he can't re-create enough "precision machining" to make a steam engine

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Then you just need to invent precision engineering. Metrology and the act of developing a set of reference surfaces and measurements from nothing is a fascinating subject and one I recommend everyone spends some time learning about. The biggest problem is likely going to be getting your iron chemistry consistent.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>advent of precision machining
        You can sand cast one-offs and polish fit by hand with random dimensions with 12th century technology and create a functioning engine.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

nah. i could easily create an electric motor and a power source. that leads the way to lathes, mills, presses, etc. if i can communicate my ideas well enough to a team of the king's brightest men, i'd be mass producing honda civics within a decade.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

just make sure they're rwd. tell them fwd is ok but the devil will try any which way he can to attempt to sell fwd cars as 'sporty'

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>i could easily create an electric motor
          Ya sure.
          Where did you get the magnets strong enough to make it propel more than a barbie car?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

We were making magnets in the 12th century. It was poorly understood but we knew how to make fairly strong iron magnets

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Make a flintstones style chariat with other men being the manpower to get him around.
    Once that's built then think about some other way to do it

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just make him a fancier wagon with more metal lmao how is this stupid ancient motherfricker gonna know what a "car" even is

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Ye Olde Privy Wagon

5. 2 months ago
    s10fag

the metalurgy to even make boilers that werent ticking time bombs will not exist until the 1870s

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think I could bodge something together with a steam engine, brakes, steering, etc; but I'd be fricked when it came to designing a transmission.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Just make it without one like a lawnmower or prop plane, I don't think it matters how fast it can go as long as it's similar to a horse

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It'd be pretty simple to make something that works. It'd be expensive and the metallurgy wouldn't be good enough to last but making a set of magnetos and spark plugs with pistons would be fairly easy but the machining to make the engine would be very difficult. It'd have to be splash oiled because the machining necessary for modern pressure oiling would be near impossible to make happen. It'd probably have to run off alcohol as fuel oils probably wouldn't be combustible enough and won't atomize without fuel injection

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>invent the lathe
    >invent the horizontal mill
    >hire some shipwrights and metal workers
    >???
    >metallic cartridge
    >repeating firearms
    >???
    >steam engine
    >???
    >internal combustion engine
    >???
    >steam turbine blueprints
    >die of something that only happens in primitive shitholes and America.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

dumb frick how u gonna teach the morons
      you need a printing press

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

no. I'm going to deliberately spread dogma and superstition to prevent the creation and distribution of mass produced works. words shall flow only from the tongues of men and the tips of quills.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It would probably be easier and safer to make a hot gas engine (stirling or erickson cycle) rather than try to make a steam engine.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

idk get executed I guess

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I would make him a bicycle

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

how the frick am i going to get petrol though. guess it'll have to be methanol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Wood gas?

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>ITT: people think they can single-handedly jump metallurgy, machining, casting, stamping, and metrology ahead by 400 years
    It would be kinda shit, but with some chemistry and geological knowledge, the materials and precursor production for lead acid batteries, and ferrite magnets for electric motors was mostly known towards the end of the medieval period.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Time travel isn't isekai, normalgay.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>be me, average dude
    >work as an engineer, always fascinated by machines and technology
    >one day get warped back in time
    >wake up in the middle ages, surrounded by peasants and knights
    >king hears of my arrival and summons me to his court
    >"you there, stranger, i command thee to invent a chariot that moves without horses"
    >i try to explain concepts like combustion engines and internal combustion, but theyre too advanced for these medieval folk
    >king threatens to throw me in the dungeon if i fail to deliver
    >start sketching out designs, trying to simplify the idea of a vehicle
    >scavenge for materials and start placing together a rudimentary prototype
    >finally put something together and present it to the king
    >just a wooden frame with wheels and a crude engine but it works
    >the king is ecstatic, declares me a genius, and unsheathes his sword in order to knight me
    >"i dub thee... what did you say your name was again?"
    >"henry ford"
    >"now let me tell you about the israelites"

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nice post anon, good to see we're not completely surrounded by brain dead tards

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

unless you are able to smelt iron then the best you will be able to come up with is a pedal powered wagon/bike

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

phase 1:
    >Gather some chemists and head over to the foundry
    > Combine coal and iron to make steel, pour into sand casts, dip it in zinc and coat in bees wax
    >Cast tubes, springs, wheels, nuts, bolts, pulleys, cranks, pedals and seat frames with the above process.
    > Go find strongest slaves and train them
    > Car is 4wd. Each wheel is driven by a slave pedaling and driving a 3 speed pulley/rope drive system.
    > This allows us to skip the step of designing a steering system or brakes, cause you just whip the slaves on the outside of the corner to pedal faster, whip the inner slaves to pedal backwards, and jam sticks in the spokes as an e-brake
    >Get super stronk from whipping slaves
    >King is happy to be driving the slave wagon, and commissions the building of more of them.
    > Enslave millions to provide driving enjoyment for our people

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *