2006 to 2011 Honda Civic

Why are these cars suddenly disappearing?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Rubber rots and steel rusts. What else do you need to know?

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>why don't cars work forever

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I thought Hondas were supposed to last forever?

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

6 million accidents a year.
        276 million cars on the road
        So replacement rate just with accidents is every 46 years. So 11-16 years, you're looking at about a third off the road just due to accidents.

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

people like my coworker take an Si and don't care of it. Just forcing it into gear when the slave broke and limping it to the mechanic + driving with a busted ass trans mount and now it pops out of every gear except 2nd.
    Oh well.

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Most of these had shitty auto trannies among other issues. It's not worth putting a new $3k troony into a miled out Civic that's rotting away

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

The A/C system is the biggest fault, more so than the trannies.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Mine is shit. Glad I’m not alone.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

reaching that perfect age where they're cheap and not worth fixing to most owners when wrecked or broken

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Every gay who played Need For Speed ProStreet and Shift ruined these. They also were not well-built and had a multitude of problems.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

They are at 150 - 250k miles at this point and everything is starting to fall apart. The paint is shit and the clear coat peels off. Need repaint. Repainting what used to be a 3k car at pre-pandemic prices at 5k is shit. Maaco lasts 2 years.

I don't know about "multiple problems" other than the peeling clearcoat and then infamous 2nd gear issue. They also have no room in the bay.

The A/C system is the biggest fault, more so than the trannies.

Mine is shit. Glad I’m not alone.

What happens to the AC?

The worst thing about Honda civics are their owners.

/thread

This is true.

> Go to Passat/A4/S4 forum
      > Get detailed guide with all the needed parts, things to watch out for, etc

> Go to Civic forum
      > Bro my shit is slammmmmed, fr fr

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I am just going to get on a soapbox and rant while I am here. Since working on the brakes 2 weeks ago and realizing that one of the front calipers is probably going again (they go about every ~3 years in Rustistan), the hood holder plastic shattered. The part is like $12 or something, but that's more shit. Had to replace the window trim that keeps water out of the bottom of the window. $30-something each, to $100 with shipping and taxes.

The car is going to need:

> shocks
        > clutch
        > new exhaust
        > at least some suspension/bushing work
        > at least some engine work, but probably timing chain and tensioner

2nd gear is getting iffy when driving it hard, so ideally new transmission.

Basically I am triggered by people here who post that you can have a "fast" old car that you push without spending your entire weekends maintaining it.

Oh, and this kind of explains why no one keeps these things. The juice is not really worth the squeeze.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I am just going to get on a soapbox and rant while I am here. Since working on the brakes 2 weeks ago and realizing that one of the front calipers is probably going again (they go about every ~3 years in Rustistan), the hood holder plastic shattered. The part is like $12 or something, but that's more shit. Had to replace the window trim that keeps water out of the bottom of the window. $30-something each, to $100 with shipping and taxes.

> shocks
        > clutch
        > new exhaust

Basically I am triggered by people here who post that you can have a "fast" old car that you push without spending your entire weekends maintaining it.

Oh, and this kind of explains why no one keeps these things. The juice is not really worth the squeeze.

AND the fricking brakes still feel spongier than a new Prius.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

> shocks
        > clutch
        > new exhaust

[...]

AND the fricking brakes still feel spongier than a new Prius.

i bought my fa5 for $4,000 last year and since then ive done
        >bc racing coilovers
        >front lower control arms, rear traililng arm(?) bushings
        >all 4 sway bar links
        >all 4 rotors pads and calipers (powerstop track pads and rotors, oem calipers)
        >new tires
        >SS braided brake lines plus fluid flush
        >new clutch disk plus 9lb chromoly exedy flywheel
        >vtc gear
        >alternator/idlers and belt
        >starter
        >I/H/E plus flashpro
        >88 durometer hasport engine mounts
        >fuel rail and injectors
        >thick core aluminum radiator and upgraded fan shroud (mishimoto)
        and honestly its turned what was a complete shitbox into a full on daily/weekend circuit ripper, i wont pretend like thats not a lot of work but once it was done i was blown away at how great the car was and has been

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

How much did you spend restoring it?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Spent $7200 on mods and repairs, worth it imo

I think we talked in another thread. Awesome job imo. Did you do the clutch yourself? How was it?

Did the clutch in my apartment parking lot over a weekend, was a bit of a pain in the ass because i literally only have hand tools and a single jack to support things, had to man handle the trans out and in by hand

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

I think we talked in another thread. Awesome job imo. Did you do the clutch yourself? How was it?

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Hasn't happened to mine but the a/c clutch wears out I've been told. When it happens it'll slip so bad it glows red. Actually might be happening to mine now I think about it the a/c is weak sauce ill do the right thing and keep telling myself it just needs a charge though.
        I also don't have that clearcoat issue though I've seen others definitely do.
        The beauty molding I'll call em cause I don't know the proper name alongside the windshield rotted so I tore them off cause they made noise on the highway and my headliner is falling. I replaced the starter once. Other than that batteries brakes and I change the oil when the light comes on which turned out to be over a year and a half once due to getting a job around the block from home.
        Also a tree fell on it which I fixed and now a Nissan kicked its ass so I've gotta fix that body work and a taillight but that doesn't count imo

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>suddenly

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

The worst thing about Honda civics are their owners.

/thread

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>The worst thing about Honda civics are their owners.
      >posts a picture of a buick
      What did he mean by this?

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Every mom from 2016-2021 bought their moronic zoomer kids a 10 year old civic on their 16th birthday and they crashed it within a year.

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

morons don't know what they have so they trade them in for some nu-honda oil diluting earth dreams garbage and they get sent to Mexico where they'll keep running 30 more years.

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Honda is asiatic trash lol

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

10 years old?
    lol, no spare parts for that m8.
    trade it in tho and we'll fix it up & send it to some third world shithole like India
    or Australia.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>no spare parts for that
      >we'll fix it up
      Without spare parts?

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

The block cracks and leaks coolant.

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>2006 to 2011 Honda
    Replacing the unprotected catalytic converter costs more than the replacement value of the car. In states with enforced emissions laws, these cars get rare.

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

This was futuristic as frick when it first came out back in 2005. But with each new Honda generation, they are not like what they were in the 1990s. I would still rather have this generation over the 2016 to current, that has gaps bigger, panels more uneven than a 1980 Chevy Citation, more interior rattles than a Tata Nano, and an engine that dilutes gas and oil, which damages the shitty engine.
    https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/uneven-body-panels.3066/

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Mine has 330k miles. They're just getting old

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Early R18s blowing, clearcoat failing, they're shitboxes now. Good looking shitboxes, but shitboxes nonetheless.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Why can't stupid honda make paint jobs better than the dollar store for once?!

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Mitsubishi and Nissan have even worse paint quality.

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Blacks get them second hand and then wreck them

19. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

In euoroland these shits seem to be holding up better than the sedans for some reason.

20. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Obama wiped out the used car inventory with cash for clunkers. The used car market never recovered and Biden hasn't helped.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Consumers' fault for falling for an obvious scam.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Dude you have to protect normal people from israeli schemes. It may be obvious as the nose on their face to you and me, but they're too docile and trusting.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

I quit caring about protecting people from obvious scams, you can point out with obvious proof without a doubt it's a scam and they brush it off like you're the moronic one. Honestly, they get what they fricking deserve. They're part of the reason the system is the way it is.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

These were the cars people were buying with cash for clunkers rebates though

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

those were new then.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

To be fair, a lot of the cars traded in were by the idiots who owned the cars to begin with. They did not have to trade them in, they were idiots for trading in good cars for a new "better" shitbox.

21. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

How do busriders view honda?

22. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I love mine. They're probably getting crashed and the owners decide they're not worth the money to fix.

23. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I like to call these civics the silent generation
    1. they are the ugliest civics 2.everone drove them to the ground 3. they are just fricking gay

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>ugliest
      That's debatable

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>ep3
        >bad looking
        yeah it was fatter than the 90s civics but the modern blobified fake vented garbage looks infinitely worse than what 20 years ago looks like

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>fake vents
          that became an issue in the 2010s. Yeah I hate that too

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me over time. The FD2 looks decent imo, one example where the four door looks the best.
      Most importantly they were the last civics to have a real VTEC engine so the Si's and the type R's will always be desirable.

24. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

My buddy has a 2009
    330k km, hit a deer, lifted truck partially ran over it too

Still driving lol, all the clear coat is almost gone

25. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Sedan version is still everywhere

26. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I had an 06 EX for 4 years, put around 30k miles on it in that time. Only problems I ever had was the clear coat, the roof trim molding, and sometimes going into 3rd was pretty clunky. Great econobox, did exactly what it needed to.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I just remembered - I had a red 08 EX too. It was fricking great until a 50 year old fat woman rear-ended it. Got the Si right after. The problem was that at the time money was a serious issue and I got an amazing deal on the non-Si. It was in genuinely perfect condition. Not so much on the Si.

Spent $7200 on mods and repairs, worth it imo
      [...]
      Did the clutch in my apartment parking lot over a weekend, was a bit of a pain in the ass because i literally only have hand tools and a single jack to support things, had to man handle the trans out and in by hand

> 666
      > changes clutch in parking lot
      > in a weekend
      > with no tools

What a chad. The funny thing is that I actually believe you too.

27. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

15 years is pretty old and these are driven by some of the biggest morons on the roads.

28. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Would you get one of these or a 7th gen?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

8th gen is 21st century car while 7th gen uses the d-series and 4-speed autos from the 80s

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

And what does that mean for the end user? Newer isn't necessarily better.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

d17a2 is anemic but the manual trans feels good. I also have no clear coat issues at 251k miles.
      t. 7th gen owner

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

So slow car fast?

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

pretty much.

29. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Thanks for convincing me to never buy a civic in my life. This thread has enlightened me

30. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

holy frick the newer civics are ugly

31. 2 years ago
    Owner-Optimus Primefag

They are all at the stage in their life where people who don't take care of their cars buy them and run them into the ground, then use their tax return + scrap money to buy their next shitbox they will never change the oil in for 5 years until it dies too.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *