about to buy a 93+ jsx, what would be a better route?

about to buy a 93+ jsx, what would be a better route? a AJ16 and do the xjr swap or build the stock AJ16 with SC pistons and put single turbo on? or get the AJ12 6.0 and do a EFI swap with a MS3? if all else fails the aj12 comes with with a 4l80e and i can swap pretty much anything into it.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Having owned an 88 I'd advise getting one new enough to have Ford electrics not Lucas electrics.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

yea the aj16 is coil on plug and I have a MS3 just sitting here from a LS swap i did a while back that i sold the engine in. would be an extremely ez swap, but i have seen people with face life aj16 with coil on plug swap and Gm throttle bodies make like 310bhp, pretty crazy. super hyped about picking one up.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

chad car. if you can afford to gut this shitbox and fix all of the British Leylend moronation, you will frick like a sailor. I'd have one of these next to a DeTomaso Pantera in my dream garage.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I rode with a guy that swapped in a 350 with heads cam and 4bc, they come stock with a th400 then 4l80e. He has lowered the car on 18/9-10. And had a nice exhaust. I would rather work with the stright 6 aj16 just because it would almost be plug and play for a mega squirt. The t5 or t56 both bolt on ezpz. Idk why people aren't jumping on these cars, they are an amazing platform considering all v8s make the car mid front rwd. This suspensions is 10/10, and you have the option for both inboard and outboard calipers. This is honestly the better miata for people that have heterosexual sex and over 5'7".

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think they started coming with better heads in '92 or '93, so the turbo should work well. One major thing to do is junk the goddamn fuel injection lines and replace. They've probably BEEN replaced already, but it's not worth the risk. A lot of those things went up in flames, when the shitty FI fuel manifolds dryrotted and dumped high pressure gas all over the exhaust.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, I lost one to fire.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

damn, thanks for the advice. im going to go look at a 94 aj6 4.0 today. if it works out im going to look for a t56 and a gt35. i dont expect the car to be running untill summer 2025 tbh, but i may drive it this summer and start in the fall. I found a few good wiring diagrams for the MS conversion and i did confirm that ford coil on plugs are drop in. im going to do full resto mod if i can, when i take out the trannny im going to also drop the engine and tuck all the lines, and repaint.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Then why not wait and look for a supercharged car? They not exactly rare.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The aj6 heads flow better than the aj16, and will also accept the aj16 super charted pistons. I could pick up a aj16 very easy but the 6 will make better power and are just as abundant. The main advantage to the aj16 would be aftermarket but considering the aj6 will take ford coils it just makes sense. In the US, aj16 and 6.0 v12s are expensive compared to the 4.0 aj6. These cars also have a common GM spindle and bolt pattern. In the long run I will probably just LQ/LS swap considering tko5/6 and 4l80e are drop in. If in the long run I put in a lt1/4l80e it would prob be best. I like jag engines but the cost to make any jag engine as powerful as an LS would be like a 3 to 1 cost ratio. I could grab a ls2 and harness with a 4l80e for like 3k and a 200$ harness and it would bolt up with no issues.

Have you considered buying a car that isn't a colossal headache?

It's just a car. The onlything wrong with any aj40 platform is the Lucas injection system, just convert it to megasquirt and it's the same as every other car ever.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Have you considered buying a car that isn't a colossal headache?

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>OP is a stancegay

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Funny how the lamas tws xjs is lower than what op posted.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>love jags for decades
        >get turned off by the muh unreliable electrics meme
        >could have bought a v12 roadster for like 1k dollarydoos a decade and a half ago because nobody wanted them
        >now their like 150k
        never listen to normies bros
        thank frick i ignored them about skylines and barras and falcons their all great, commodores where total shit post cuckdowns at least in aus

<3 jags only i6 the poms made i actually like

sounds like a bizzaro barra sadly overpriced shitheaps here with zero spares lol

guessing seppos and europoos have also seen them shoot up in value thanks to homosexual youtubers

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yea I was going to jump on one a few years ago before covid, but they are around 3k in my area now. I honestly had no idea how capable they were until a month or so ago. Even if I just use it as a platform, it can do everything from grassroots to drifting, hell they still use a 7.0 tws in 2024 for hillclimb.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

sadly back when i was into jags aftermarket wasnt really a thing for them would have loved a v12tt if it was possible back then, oh well ill have to make do with the i6t

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://youtu.be/WPFdpIv9WXU
            quad turbo v12 jag
            frick
            find it funny as hell old jag ford 4ltrs and v12 v10 truck motors absolutely stomp everything lol no wonder we dont get v12's and i6's from anglos anymore (besides the hurricane and x58) their too based

I just found this via boomer on a forum.
            https://mobeck.com/jaguar-v12-efi-kit/
            The whole kit for 5.3 v12 is like 400 shipped and it removes all Vacuum lines and keeps distributor tap, so there is literally nothing to change almost.even IACV is fixed with it, making the only thing wrong with running the v12 fixed. They also have the adapter plate foe the tko600 for 300 used. So all in all I could picked up a 81-88 v12 and swap to EFI and 6 speed.
            >tko600 -1500
            >ecu/efi 400
            >clutch 600
            >adapter 350 shipped
            >pedal/this n that 500
            So around 3200 I can 6 speed swap a 5.3 v12 and get rid of every issue they had. I'm going to email them and see if I can use the same kit for i6.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Kek nvm my phone came up with Iceland kon and not Norway. The kit is 3500 usd and 4k for the coil pack one. So the swap would be around 6k. I could make the harness myself with my MS 3 and the rest of the kit for like 1000.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

quad turbo v12 jag
    frick
    find it funny as hell old jag ford 4ltrs and v12 v10 truck motors absolutely stomp everything lol no wonder we dont get v12's and i6's from anglos anymore (besides the hurricane and x58) their too based

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *