1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

If you're lucky.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

This. Worked with a guy who lost a leg and it's pretty sad

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Can second a good friend also lost a leg. To be fair he fell asleep while riding the bike. Don't ask me I don't know how he does it either. Rides a harley now, just with a plastic leg

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Can second a good friend also lost a leg. To be fair he fell asleep while riding the bike. Don't ask me I don't know how he does it either. Rides a harley now, just with a plastic leg

I also know of a guy who lost a leg on a motorcycle. One of the Vertical Mischief guys lost part of his leg riding home from work when he was hit by a car going the wrong way down the road in his lane, on a blind corner.
        >https://madison.com/news/leg-partly-gone-he-rides-on-stunt-motorcycle-rider-hasn/article_30c39f1a-c3a4-571b-9413-6f5d85ae9fcb.html

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

My uncle lost his leg on a bike in his 20s. It didn't slow him down. Made it to the paralympics twice

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

no, you live forever

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

depends on if you ride one or not

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Only if you are a moron

Every single crash story I hear is “I was casually strolling at 150 km/h in a suburb when out of nowhere a fricking fiat rushed into the intersection at 10km/h and he gave me no time to react!”

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

This.

And on top of it, they can't turn at speeds higher than 10 mph because they only ever drove it up and down grid streets and never bothered to learn about or understand counter-steering and therefore can't figure out how to lean the bike when it comes time to maneuver.

99% of motorcycle accidents I have seen footage of are morons riding way above their skill level or good sense for the situation or uncoordinated dorks that were the kind of person that if you threw a basketball to them and told them to catch it they would slap themselves in the face trying.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>never bothered to learn about or understand counter-steering
        Under what scenario do you need to consciously countersteer? Do you mean counterlean?

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Under what scenario do you need to consciously countersteer?
          Uh anytime you want to fricking turn the bike at speeds above 10mph.
          >counterlean
          Has jack shit to do with counter steering other than it being a position you can take when the bike leans over in the middle of counter steering.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

It's literally impossible to turn a bike without countersteering (I guess swerving is technically an exception) even on a bicycle. As soon as you could ride a bike without training wheels, you were countersteering.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

pls countersteer shizo we don't need anymore of this. Let's just agree to agree with you and be done.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I'm not counter steering when I turn from a stop.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Because you just lean the bike that direction while you're stationary. Countersteering is what initiates the lean, if you're stationary you can just lean it without countersteering.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Anon, my brother in Christ. How the frick do you lean at a stop to make a turn. You will fall over. You have to physically turn the front wheel in the direction you wish to travel to initiate the turn. You're not reading or thinking.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Steering at low speeds doesn't push you sideways hard enough and I bet you're leaning the bike anyway unconsciously, hell, when you turn your head one way, you're leaning without even realising, there are a lot of things we do that we don't intellectually process but instead "feel", those are actually just counter-measures hardcoded into us by certain feel-bad moments like those split second panics that we fix by doing everything at our disposal in the moment and unconsciously learning the one that worked at fixing the panic.
            Steering a bike any direction will lean the bike and therefore you the opposite direction, simple physics, therefore we unconsciously learned that we need to do a split second steering in the other direction so we have the necessary lean angle in the correct direction and then the bike will automatically steer the other (now correct) way whether you want it or not.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>those are actually just counter-measures hardcoded into us by certain feel-bad moments
            huh I wonder if that's the same thing that causes PTSD

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I can't claim to know but it does sound pretty logical.
            >hear sound of gunfire
            >duck immediately
            >friend doesn't and his brains splatter the ground before you
            >now the solution you used that your friend didn't made you learn that it's a good tool to fix that panic moment but also that if you don't do it, you die a horrible death, all reinforced by whatever emotional link there was between you and him and all started from a single gunshot so anything similar triggers fight or flight with negative emotional background

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>>hear sound of gunfire
            >>duck immediately
            doesn't and his brains splatter the ground before you
            Except when you hear the gunshot the bullet has already hit you (or not) if it was aimed in your direction.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I can't claim to know but it does sound pretty logical.
            >hear sound of gunfire
            >duck immediately
            >friend doesn't and his brains splatter the ground before you
            >now the solution you used that your friend didn't made you learn that it's a good tool to fix that panic moment but also that if you don't do it, you die a horrible death, all reinforced by whatever emotional link there was between you and him and all started from a single gunshot so anything similar triggers fight or flight with negative emotional background

DA - Psych/o/logy

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Anytime you turn at more than 8mph? It’s literally the first thing they taught us at my riding school, you push the bar toward the direction you want to go.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Under what scenario do you need to consciously countersteer?
            Uh anytime you want to fricking turn the bike at speeds above 10mph.
            >counterlean
            Has jack shit to do with counter steering other than it being a position you can take when the bike leans over in the middle of counter steering.

"Counter steering" is literally what you do subconsciously the moment you sit on a 2 wheel and want to turn. There's nothing to be taught here. It's literally instinct.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Sometimes. Other times it’s some woman texting runs your ass over.

Don’t drive above your skill level, assume other drivers are all morons.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

on youtube, I saw basically the same thing.
      It was a compilation of
      >bikers having to deal with buttholes!

>be biker
      >200mph
      >country road
      >4 kilometers away
      >some anon pulls into his driveway
      >WTF HOLY SHIT I'M GONNNA HIIIIIIIT
      >narrowly avoids the scurge of death
      >go back
      >FRICK YOU DRIVER YOU DIDNT SEE ME FROM 4KILOMETERS AWAY ON A BIKE YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO DRIVING SCHOOL FRICK YOUUUU IM BARELY ALIVE I - I - IHATEEEE CARgayS!!!

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

No, but you need to be dominant, willing to put the hours in, and brave enough to break the law to escape harm (all other road users)
    Don't be afraid to throw in the towel, life goes on for longer than you think.
    t. On two wheels for 20yrs, multiple countries.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

The weirdest rule about motorcycles is that it’s often safer to go fast than slowly

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Great post and very underrated advice. If you aren't willing to break the law, do not ride a motorcycle as you will die

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Only in euroland would they consider avoiding an accident breaking the law lmfao

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I think you might be missing the point, and I didn't mention any countries. By breaking the law, I mean this:

[...]
        Breakdown in communication here, relax boys. Ideally you need to be moving slightly faster than everyone else. You're not looking for a race, so if another road user gets that idea just give him a thumbs up and let him pass you.
        Same goes for frickheads that pull out on you, or anyone remotely aggressive. Don't bother blowing your horn or revbombing, cuz you'll just ignite the situation, they won't learn anyway. Just focus on evading danger and enjoy the thrill!

And for what it's worth, terms like "euroland" make me think you're from North America. If that were my home, I would not be proudly jeering at any other countries, I would be burying my face in my hands worried for my child's return from school. Will she be raped or beaten by resented childen, will she be shot, or run over by a crackhead, or a moron in car so heavy it couldn't be bump-started. How would I pay for medical care if she did? I hope they don't indoctrinate her about transvestism and mutilate her mind and body. I hope the food I'm feeding her won't make me obese like I am.
        For as long as I have drawn breath, your country has been a fricking disgrace to great Anglo-Saxon heritage.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>I would be burying my face in my hands worried for my child's return from school. Will she be raped or beaten by resented childen, will she be shot, or run over by a crackhead, or a moron in car so heavy it couldn't be bump-started. How would I pay for medical care if she did? I hope they don't indoctrinate her about transvestism and mutilate her mind and body. I hope the food I'm feeding her won't make me obese like I am.
          >For as long as I have drawn breath, your country has been a fricking disgrace to great Anglo-Saxon heritage.
          rent free

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>rent free
            >It was all a smug ruse heh, we don't really have the problems heh

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>america has to be as bad as I heard it is IT JUST HAS TO BE
            indoctrination, complete.

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Am I gonna die on a motorcycle
    Not likely. Death usually happens after a high speed dismount.

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

200%. They're gonna bring you back so you can die again. Guaranteed.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I think I've seen like 1 accident video that was not the rider's fault. Some drunk woman ahead of him suddenly decided to take drive off the side of the road and swerve around to make a u-turn in the middle of a 2 lane road. It was so erratic, fast, and unpredictable that I absolutely don't blame the dude for not being to react in time. That's it out of shit loads of youtube crash videos.

As far as dying, most motorcycle deaths involve riding intoxicated, not having an endorsement/license, and not wearing a helmet, or some combination of these. A dude in the town I live in recently died right out infront of the Hardly Ableson dealership his wife worked at. A car turned out in front of him, but the whole thing would have been a low speed collision and very much nonfatal. So I started looking for him on Facebook. Lo and fricking behold, he rode a Hardly and all his pictures of him and his wife were wearing sunglasses, Sons of Cringe larp vests, and bandanas. moron cracked his head on the pavement without a helmet and died.

tl;dr
    Don't drink, get an endorsement, wear gear, and don't blast through traffic at a higher rate of speed than the other vehicles and you'll be fine.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I worked at a bike dealership for almost 3 years, we sold everything from Harley's to dirt bikes, super bikes and jet skis. The Harley boomers were always the most embarrassing customers. I actually grew to despise and laugh at them with all the other staffers, so that story really gave me a hearty kek. morons buy an open face $50 lid, and that's if they buy any lid at all. Then they wear it with no other gear but normal blue jeans and a dumb jacket or vest with all their larp patches on it. Always good news to hear another one bit the dust.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

weekend wobblers are real

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Yes and they account for the overwhelming majority of HD's customers.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>and don't blast through traffic at a higher rate of speed than the other vehicles and you'll be fine.
      Thats dumb advice.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

No it's not. You don't need to blast the frick past people on city streets. That's how Karen misjudges your speed because it's a 35 and you're doing 50. She then turns out infront of you. Slightly faster than other cars =/= blast past them.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

No it's not. You don't need to blast the frick past people on city streets. That's how Karen misjudges your speed because it's a 35 and you're doing 50. She then turns out infront of you. Slightly faster than other cars =/= blast past them.

Breakdown in communication here, relax boys. Ideally you need to be moving slightly faster than everyone else. You're not looking for a race, so if another road user gets that idea just give him a thumbs up and let him pass you.
        Same goes for frickheads that pull out on you, or anyone remotely aggressive. Don't bother blowing your horn or revbombing, cuz you'll just ignite the situation, they won't learn anyway. Just focus on evading danger and enjoy the thrill!

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>cycling
      it's clear you don't live near poor rednecks. they make life altering decisions just by pulling into mcdonalds.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I know two people personally who were killed at the fault of a car. One died because the car didn't see them and ran them over. The other person died because the car swerved left before turning right on an exit lane.

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

You're gonna die anyway, so buy a motorcycle. Just wear the gear, don't be a moron and your survival odds improve exponentially.

That said, if you aren't already an experienced driver, don't bother.

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

30x more likely per mile than in a car

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I've know several people who were injured or died, and know several people who knew people that were injured or died. I'm 35 and on this board so not a socialite by any means either. Knew one guy who side and his gf on the back lost her legs. I used to ride a little bit but glad I stopped.

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Don't be moronic, or unlucky.

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Wear your gear and you will probably live as long as you don't get ran over by cars as you fall down.

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

No, you're going to live forever until you die.

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Am I gonna die on a motorcycle
    The vast majority of severe motorcycle accident victims do NOT die, but they can become maimed enough to need reconstructive bone surgery and pins to rebuild an arm or leg.

Remember that it's very easy for an inattentive car driver simply to hit you on the side and that can crush your leg. If they don't have insurance, they will hit and run you. At this time, you need to remember what kind of medical insurance you have. For example, many of those purchased gold or silver medical packages have fine print terms in the complete policy (which I bet you never read) since most buyers simply look at 80% fee coverage or 70% fee coverage. Unless you contact the insurer for riders, exceptions exist for dangerous activities such as sky diving, motorcycle riding, hang gliding, and sport motorcycle riding.

Video has no audio, but the motorcyclist was in great pain from the crushed leg.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

well, this is obviously terrible, but the cyclist did not do anything to avoid. Of course the car driver is in the wrong here, I am not denying that. But the cyclist did not steer away or brake or anything even when seeing the incoming car. If he was in a car he would have still gotten fricked up but not as bad for sure.

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I've seen more people become paralyzed by bikes then straight out die.
    Wear your gear, be dominant, pay attention to your surroundings. good luck

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>Wear your gear

Don't wear the gear it will only give you a false sense of security!
      You can get gibbed at just about any speed anyway so you might as well bareback that b***h to continuously remind yourself of your perilous situation.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

With gear, you won't get road rash, but you will still bruise, sprain, and break.

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

No

You are going to have a nice day in front of a crowd after a friend or family member tells you for the 50000th time that biking is dangerous and you are going to die

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Apparently Elon Musk almost died while driving a motorcycle, which is why Tesla is never going to make one. So yeah, you gonna die

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Elon Musk is a moron

19. 2 years ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Why do people post videos of morons being morons as if it's any case against motorcycles themselves for people who aren't morons?

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

If they can ban guns because some moron was a moron then maybe we can get motorcycles banned on the same grounds.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Recommended mods for my motorcycle massacre brehs?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>idiots in cars
      >bike doing double the speed limit on a busy street

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

He wasn't even doing double cagey

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>double cagey
          have a nice day you frickin squid.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Struck a nerve cagey?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>idiots in cars
      This is such excellent and hilarious bait.
      Should post this watermark on all biker webms.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>idiots in cars
      >bike doing double the speed limit on a busy street

Nah, that's just the name of a popular youtube channel that posts car crash compilations.

20. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Please stay safe buds

21. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

yes. i personally knew two people that died on bikes. one fell 40ft off an overpass and the other got run over by a tractor trailer

22. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

yes. motorcycles are for racing and for poor people from europe and asia and the third world because they cant afford cars. buy a car instead

23. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I haven’t yet and I’m not a particularly good rider. Only time I almost crash was in the city at like 15mph because I downshifted one gear too low and the back end slid out a little bit. You just need to look at the corner exit and you’ll be fine. I’m assuming the people dying on bikes ride at unreasonable speeds on powerful bikes.

24. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I handle heavy injury claims and most of the worst stuff you see is with motorcyclists. I would never ride one in public. They issue drivers licenses to absolutely fricking morons and you are relying on their skill level. Even in a car you’re in danger.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

What country? Tell me about your job experience, please?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

US, west coast. Most accidents involving motorcycles have insane bills and injuries because it doesn’t matter if you have full gear on, a big impact is going to wreck you. You could be doing everything right, and a person will not see you in their blind spot and merge over. Even someone running a red light etc will have major consequences.

It’s high risk high reward. I’m sure riding a bike feels amazing.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

[...]
        Meant to reply to this post

Thanks.
        I'm from UK, but have been living in Aus for the last 17 years. What I'm about to say is about generalities.
        We've got our fair share of morons on the road in both countries, Australians are particularly aggressive but in UK they tend to be pretty sharp.
        Looking at all the dashcam footage, and with exception to Eastern Europe and Russia, your accidents are fricking horrendous. The biggest thing I've noticed is that people just all seem to be zombies until an accident is inches from them. No one seems to look before entering traffic, and people seem to just nonchalantly gas it in terrible places - way too much confidence in everyone else around them. There's just ZERO situational awareness.
        I'm assuming those reading this and posting here that have an interest in cars and bikes are fed up with it!

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>works at insurance company

You obviously have to tell people not to get hurt otherwise you guys have to pay shittons of money out amirite? Frickoff

25. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Hopefully, people need organs.

26. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It's worth it. However there is nothing wrong with being a dirt only/track rider. Or quitting when you have a family since you want to reduce your chance of death.

I have only had a couple close calls. Most were people merging into me or poking out of parking lots into the lane.

27. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

death is the best outcome you should aim for. quad or paraplegic, acute brain injuries, loss of limbs, permanent nervous system or organ damage. motorcycles have got it all. but they're fricking awesome.

28. 2 years ago
    Hotwing

It’s worth the risk if you really enjoy it.

29. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It’s worth it for the pussy

But you need a literbike for that, not some 250cc cuckcycle

• 2 years ago
      Hotwing

Harleys are great for that too. The most tail I ever got because of a bike was a 07 GSXR-750. Something about the gixxers lol

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Do zoomer girls like them too?

• 2 years ago
          Hotwing

Of course they do. The cool ones at least. Their dads all rode Harley’s lol. Anyway, you shouldn’t be getting a motorcycle just to get some ass. If you aren’t getting ass to begin with a motorcycle might not make a difference (but it probably will).

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

That’s only true if you’re attractive (in which case you don’t need a motorcycle for pussy). I’m hideous and as a result never had a woman into me despite having had a ton of bikes.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Just wear the helmet

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

It’s illegal to have an helmet with an opaque/shaded visor in my shithole, and my face is not the only thing that’s ugly

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

What c**tree?

30. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

no
    most motorcycle-related deaths occur when you are thrown off the motorcycle

31. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Probably, but you'd had fun dying

32. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

If I get my way you will

33. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

There's not a single day where I don't get in a near death situation because of car drivers.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I am a cyclist, I have been riding a bike to work for a year now and only had two close calls, both my fault
      My coworker cycles too and “gets almost killed by car nazis and karen b***hes” every other day. Went cycling with him once, and he never slowed down in intersections, ran in front of cars turning right (“I have right of way!!!”), ran red lights, and started yelling at a car “blocking his road” literally went up to his window and knocked on it yelling at the guy how he is an butthole and the bicycle lane belongs to cyclists (he was leaving a gas station but was waiting for other cars to pass, he was inconvenienced for about ten seconds)

Maybe the problem is you

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>Maybe the problem is you
        Not trying to be a DA c**t, but really, maybe he's just more cognisant of the constant mortal risk he's putting on the table than you are?

34. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Not worth it. You are basically sitting on a ticking time bomb. It is only a matter of time before some moron fricks up and puts you in a situation you have no chance of reacting fast enough to. Then you will live the rest of your life permanently maimed. They are cool, but head down a very, very dark road

They remind me a lot of wingsuiting or K2 summiting

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

13 cars out of every 100,000 are involved in a fatal accident, but motorcycles have a fatality rate of 72 per 100,000.

Not that big of a difference

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

You missed the point. Modern motorcycle protection is pretty good. The problem isn't just dying, it's ending up in a position where you wish you were. See

If you're lucky.

Don't end up losing so many opportunities in your life when there are other things to do that give the same amount of freedom

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

If I cannot ride a motorbike at 160km/h I’d rather die

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Same. And ive had someone from oncoming traffic shoot out right into me. Go real slow when traffic is nearby, open up after distancing yourself from the morons.

35. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

99.999% of the time dying on a motorcycle is your fault. Ride like you're a pedestrian. Defense. Stay the hell away from dangerous pinch zones. What's going on behind you is just as important as in front.

36. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Yes.

37. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I mean technically you'd die by hitting a tree or something.
    I don't think you'll still be sitting on the motorcycle at that point.

38. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I got really really close to getting myself killed in cars. No accidents but I get irritated easily

I’d already be dead if I was riding a motorbike

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *