Anyone got a Maverick?

Opinions? Wanna go exploring around the PNW in a small, maneuverable truck. Primarily looking at Tremor package for its off-road capability

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Maverick
    >Off.-road capability
    kek

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>for its off-road capability
      The maverick isn't a 4x4. Just as capable offroad as most crossovers.

Modern intelligent AWD systems are extremely capable off-road and that of the Maverick is especially good. You guys don't really know what you're talking about. Technology has advanced a long way since the last time you read up on this subject.

I would want to upgrade the suspension before taking the Maverick on washboard, and the stock ride height is pretty low, but I guarantee you that traction will NEVER be an issue.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>no low range
        >no lockers or mechanical LSD
        It's probably great on snowy or icy roads. But offroad? Let's not kid ourselves.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

This will eventually destroy your clutch packs. The AWD system in these is designed to get grandma up her snowy driveway, not for actual trail use. That's just being stupid and using the wrong tool for the job for no reason.

OK moron go get stuck, not my problem

This seems extremely abusive to the awd system and transmission. A transfer case and a locked rear diff would be a better system that is much easier on the rig.

Source: your ass. These are designed to go off-road and people do it. "Unibody" is the funniest cope of all.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ok moron go get stuck, not my problem

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>go get stuck
            This.
            The moron solicits for advice and then rejects it.
            Go for it dawg.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Taking advice from poorgay Black personmutts
            kek

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

advice from poorgay Black personmutts
            Can you read, homie?
            >Opinions?

https://i.imgur.com/YN594RN.jpeg

Opinions? Wanna go exploring around the PNW in a small, maneuverable truck. Primarily looking at Tremor package for its off-road capability

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>considers a Maverick
            >calls anyone a poorgay Black personmutt

top kek, your country is 56% white just as you are, amerimutt.

Your piece of shit Maverick will NEVER fit 40's

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>reee im poor
            kek

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Considers buying a FRICKING MAVERICK
            >calls anyone poor

buy an F250 Tremor you fricking poorgay

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>buy a piece of shit for poor moronic Black personmutts
            lol

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>sour grapes

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Unibody has nothing to do with it. It's a fricking Escape with the back missing. That sort of drivetrain is NOT designed for any serous "off-roading" despite what the sticker on the bed tells you.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This will eventually destroy your clutch packs. The AWD system in these is designed to get grandma up her snowy driveway, not for actual trail use. That's just being stupid and using the wrong tool for the job for no reason.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>wrong tool for the job for no reason.
          100%
          Added complexity = many additional Points of Failure
          Meanwhile, tried-and-true+ durable Technology was ditched
          Additional fricking "service intervals" baked into the fricking cake with "muh intelligent clutchpacks"

Garbage.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

OK moron go get stuck, not my problem

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This seems extremely abusive to the awd system and transmission. A transfer case and a locked rear diff would be a better system that is much easier on the rig.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Ditch lightsm bed rack, and a RTT all slapped onto a unibody.
        This guy is all show no go.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>the system uses brakes instead of the actual lockers
        NGMI and as another anon said, it's cuckover-tier capability, they do the same

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not true at all, it uses a novel system with 3 computer controlled clutches to distribute torque to the rear wheels. It can simulate a locked rear diff while still allowing the inner wheel to turn slower in a turn and being much more efficient than a differential. It doesn't use brakes on the wheels to distribute torque.

https://mavericktruckin.com/tech/fords-dana-twin-clutch-axle-awd-system/

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's only the Tremor and the one in the video doesn't look like one.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No it's on all AWD Mavericks, read the article

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nvm this is wrong

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i'm pro-maverick bro but this is fricking hilarious lmao

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well to be fair, the article itself was wrong, I didn't misread it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You have no idea how such systems work or you didn't watch the video. Probably both.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The maverick isn't a 4x4. Just as capable offroad as most crossovers.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Maverick
      >Off.-road capability
      kek

It says off-road right on the truck dumbfricks

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

"off road" means the parking lot at the dog park.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>parking lot
          still a road busrider

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

He's going around the PNW, it's not likely he's going anywhere worse than an average logging road

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just wait for the raptor

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

raptor looks sick inside, but that moronic FORD across the entire grill completely negates that

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If I ever (and I likely won't) get one of these modern trucks with the big name logo on the grill I WILL swap that shit out just so I don't have to see it.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>unironically lives in Pacific Northwest and writes pnw
    >wants to buy the gayest vehicle available
    Checks out

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't take a unibody beyond just some forest access roads.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

that still opens up a ton of roads, especially in cascadia

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It'll do just fine on a maintained service road. Maybe some logging roads but you'd want to be careful since some are not maintained and wash out. Before I got my truck I would take my legacy wagon on them and sometimes it would drag the belly on some of the washed out ones.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I thought about one and even test drove, but I realized that by the time I had one optioned up it was the same price as a lightly used Ranger XLT FX4 while being much less capable and not that much easier to drive or more economical, so I just went with the Ranger instead.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Primarily looking at Tremor package for its off-road capability
    DO you like to just Piss Away good money?
    >exploring around the PNW in a small, maneuverable truck.
    Get yourself a Nissan Patrol or Mitsubishi Montero for $10K
    >It says off-road right on the truck
    ROFL
    >It'll do just fine on a maintained service road.
    So will a Geo Metro FFS, and probably could lap the Ford

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Nissan Patrol or Mitsubishi Montero
      Yeah OP, just import this rare old vehicle that was never sold in the US and won’t have any parts available.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just get a ranger bro

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A Ranger is still pointless compared to a half ton.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

A half ton is pointless, just get a semi

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just buy a side by side or an ATV and put it on a trailer and tow it all with an old used body on frame pickup. Any of them are infinitely more capable than that urban cucktruck. You can fly over shit with a quad at 45 mph that would break that piece of shit at 5 mph.
    You can go down any fricked up random rocky and rutted road or trail you want, and turn around anywhere, without drama, without getting stuck. Things that would be an ordeal in that thing would be painless and fun. Scratch it up? Who cares? Big nasty steep hill? Go for it! A lot of them even come with a winch already installed.
    All of this is assuming you’re too much of a sissy for a dirtbike
    The northwest is a great place for off road adventures but a fricking Maverick is about the worst way to do it. You’re better off with a Subaru than that thing

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you're considering a Maverick Tremor why not a Bronco Sport Badlands? They're also very capable for what they are and you could sleep in it.

>You’re better off with a Subaru than that thing
      Lol, lmao even. You can't be serious.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why Badlands over Everglade, Wildtrak, or even Raptor?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Maverick can tow 4000, Bronco Sport tows 2000, AND costs more. Bronco looks a lot better, though. Love the style on 'em.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Maverick can tow 4000
          Not the Tremor, which only does 2k like the Bronco. One thing it does have going for it is price though, a Mav XLT Tremor is like $5k less than a Bronco Sport Badlands with the same drivetrain.

Why Badlands over Everglade, Wildtrak, or even Raptor?

Wrong Bronco, those are all trims for the "big" one.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this is my biggest complaint w the tremor. let it have the tow package as well

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

My bet is that there are actual technical reasons for it, probably that the trick clutch-based rear end can't handle the extra load but it could also be that the chassis can't handle the tongue weight with the lifted suspension.

IMO if you need both the off road capability and the ability to tow you're way better off just getting a Ranger. As I said earlier in the thread I seriously considered a Maverick when it came out and even went to test drive one, but the spec I would've wanted was almost 35k and I got a two year old Ranger for 31k instead, and got a vehicle with real 4WD and a locker, 7,500lb of tow capacity, a bigger bed, none of the fees or dealer frickery that come with new cars, and the worst of the depreciation curve already gone.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bronco Sport Freewheeling is S-tier

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>People cry about trucks being expensive
    >Cheap, no frills truck is released
    >NOOO NOT LIKE THAT
    Truck people are funny. Keep buying your big 100k truck with an economy interior and terrible gas mileage as you complain about gas prices every day.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Cheap, no frills truck is released
      The Maverick is none of these. By the time you spec it with AWD and the necessary features it's priced inline with a Ranger or a F-150. There's also the fuel economy. As soon as you add a "off road" package with AT's you're going to be doing the same as a V8 half ton.

A half ton is pointless, just get a semi

What a cope comparison. You can't take a semi through a drive-thru.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i would take a fully optioned maverick over a base model ranger any day. ranger raptor on the other hand is 50% more than a fully optioned maverick tremor.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You can't drive most lifted full size trucks in drive thrus either, it's getting to that point. Don't even fit in parking spots. Be a real man and just step up to a semi

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's not a real truck and you know it

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

neither is a kei but people fricking love it for what it does

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What?
          Are you moronic?

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>maneuverable
    get a ranger or a 4 runner

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Got a Maverick right when it came out, I loved it and would still have it but I needed something a little bit bigger to tow a tractor so I recently traded for an F-150 again almost strictly for heavier towing. It was a great vehicle though, super manueverable and still a little powerhouse

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Anyone got a Maverick?
    Me but not this homosexual pickup suv abomination but the original Maverick from times it was a cool baby muscle pony car.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think they serve a purpose and are more capable than people give them credit for but the Ranger is better in every way and costs about the same.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Fair take. I think also, the F-150 sells so much that there are just 100,000's of thousands of them every year. So if you look hard enough, you can usually find a decent deal on a used one. Just because there are so many. One of your neighbors is probably trying to sell one right now.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I hope so. Guy down the street from me has a F-150 with the hockey sticks on it. Always liked those.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The maverick hybrid seems to be the perfect truck if you don't pull anything. The I need 10 bags of cement over the weekend but I get 40mpg riding to work. That said the price keeps going up and you are better off getting a Tacoma. Though the Toyota prices are going up even faster.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i posted a thread last week about getting one, and i actually put my deposit down for the XLT AWD version yesterday. I think its a solid vehicle, i was pleasantly surprised with the interior and test drive and overall I think its good value.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>i actually put my deposit down for the XLT AWD version yesterday.
      Good.
      Now double that amount and keep it handy for when the POS breaks down every year or so.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yep ok sure thing bud.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can drive literally anywhere in the western half the contiguous United States in practically and functionally any road legal vehicle.
    I see 1970s and older deathtraps you wouldn't dream of daily driving out here you will be fine.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mostly. However, if you live somewhere that gets real snow I find that having AWD and a bit of ground clearance helps a lot.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Have you tried proper winter tires?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, of course. I thought that was assumed. You can put winter tires on anything and it helps a lot. BUT, when you're in the middle of a storm AWD and ground clearance help a lot. Doesn't have to be crazy, just more than a Civic or something. Not saying you can't drive a Civic in the snow, but it's not as smooth.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Civics are amazing in snow with good tires, unless if it's 2'+ of fresh powder snow drifting into dunes, they are light enough to cut through and stay on top of shit easily.
            You can't have fun drifting the empty parking lots with the subarus but they perform admirably and I deal with it just fine every year.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>somewhere that gets real snow
        I do, and I pass every single person with a full sized truck/SUV and chunky mud tires or studs doing a maximum of 45-50 in the winter on a FWD street car with studless winter tires.
        Same thing goes with gravel/dirt back roads. Subies and Trucks for days driving at 35 mph and I'm out there driving at highway speeds casually on the same studless toyo tires that only really give me shit performance on wet roads but it doesn't rain much here, just dry as frick or winter snow/ice.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Maverick is definitely an urban work truck. I wouldn't count on it off-road.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *