>browsing craigslist. >see a genuinely perfect listing. >seller is a retard and is asking way less than he should

>browsing craigslist
>see a genuinely perfect listing
>seller is a moron and is asking way less than he should
>no cash
>it's sunday so I can't go get any
is there a worse feeling?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>no cash
    >it's sunday so I can't go get any
    Is it an american thing?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

most americans banks are closed on sundays and don't keep much more than ~$1000 in their ATMs

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ATMs have limits.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

most ATM withdrawals are typically limited to $500 to $1000 per day. the israelites don't want you making any sort of a bank run.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

ATMs have limits.

Yeah, if theres cash in the house we Americans compulsively going to spend it on something like brunch, dog clothing, or tip someone with it. ATMs in the US generally have a daily withdraw limit of like $1000 and banks are always closed on weekends.

OP can always try to zelle, paypal, or other digital transaction, but if you're dealing with some ancient boomer or someone that just doesn't want to download all that crap and tie their bank accounts to random apps because some sperg can't give a handshake agreement of buying the car tomorrow when the banks are open.

As an American.
        Surely something is wrong here. 1 ATM will have a cap somewhere a lil past 500$, but just go to a different atm? Do your banks not allow this?
        That's how I do it. I will note, I do have to temporarily my withdrawal limit on the card I'm using. However, that's more of a 'safety' feature. I would permanently raise my limit but I see no real benefit there.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, if theres cash in the house we Americans compulsively going to spend it on something like brunch, dog clothing, or tip someone with it. ATMs in the US generally have a daily withdraw limit of like $1000 and banks are always closed on weekends.

OP can always try to zelle, paypal, or other digital transaction, but if you're dealing with some ancient boomer or someone that just doesn't want to download all that crap and tie their bank accounts to random apps because some sperg can't give a handshake agreement of buying the car tomorrow when the banks are open.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>but if you're dealing with some ancient boomer
        it's this one
        1999 100K miles dodge dakota "sport" with a 5-speed spotless in an out being sold by a grandpa whose wife convinced him to buy a new car because he has a hard time with the clutch
        wants 2k for it
        >no I can't do none them phone apps I want cash I don't trust those things call me tomorrow if I still got it you can have it you seem like a good kid (I'm 30)

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Go look at it in person, be friendly and explain the exact situation to him of you actually want the car, you have to wait for the bank to open tomorrow to get the cash, and set an exact time to meet him tomorrow, shake his hand, look him in the eye and make friends with him. As long as he trusts that you'll be by tomorrow at x:00 time he'll basically hold it for you.

The only times I've heard of that shit not working is when a scumbag selling wants $2000 TODAY as opposed to tomorrow but most people are true to their word and will hold it for 24 hours as long as you show up in person and express it. Texting and emailing "I'll get it some time tomorrow when I can get a ride and a trailer and the bank and after work and blah blah blah

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>most people are true to their word and will hold it for 24 hours as long as you show up in person and express it.

No, since most people are flakes who only *think* they're reliable when in reality they're only reliable with regard to their argument-of-the-moment, you're going to find that the first one with the cash takes it.

Unless you put a good chunk of cash in his hand as a deposit there's not many people who will give up the guaranteed full stack of bills in exchange for, "I promise I'll be here tomorrow." Since more likely than not tomorrow will come and they'll be faced with a, "I changed my mind" from someone who reliably follows their self-centered meandering path.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>No, since most people are flakes
            Honest people believe others are honest all of the time because they themselves are honest. Lying cheating bastards of people assume everyone else is also a lying cheating bastard too. Change your mindset.

Trust but verify. If OP does a handshake agreement and says he'll be back at 1pm tomorrow with the cash, its not unreasonable to have good faith someone will show up at 1pm. if 1:15pm rolls around and there isn't a "sorry I'm late, traffic is dicks" text or call, I'm contacting the next seller. If the first buyer shows up at 4pm angry, thats on them for being inconsiderate of my time.

I just sold a motorcycle and the dude explained his ATM would only let him take out $1000 and he wanted to do a reserve payment. I told him I'd rather he just show up the following day with a trailer and the full amount to which he agreed. I gave him my word I wasn't going to sell it from under him before then. Its a simple trust and good faith thing. Nothing more.
            >I changed my mind
            That can happen even with a cash deposit. good luck trying to get $1000 from someone who changed their mind. Police can show up and the seller can just shrug and say they've never met you before.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

sounds like you just hang around shitty people and/or are a shitty person

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

We're in a diverse area. There are a lot of losers who will completely say stuff and ghost, or they get mad when the car is broken as advertised. I had my Mech special on graigslist and at least 3 people glanced over "ENGINE LEAKS AND OVERHEATS CAN ONLY DRIVE ON THE TRAILER. NEEDS NEW ENGINE" and the poorgays were trying to figure out the bus schedule, can you meet me over in sodo? asking how it drives etc.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>"S...surely the seller is going to wait as long as I -- the super-special Main Character of Reality -- need to take in order to put the car I'm lusting for into my hands. He would *never* do the UNTHINKABLE and sell it to a second person who also thinks he's the main character of reality and is lusting after the same car but who actually showed up with his asking price in hand! Didn't I just say that *I* am the main character of reality, and so everyone else must wait on me?"

I once had a seller wait 2 month before I bought it because I needed to figure out the paperwork (the car hadn't been registered in like 20 years).

Granted, the car had been on FBM for around 4 months already and didn't look like it was getting any traction anyway

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

most states have rules that you cannot buy a car on sunday
      dmv is closed so you cant register it
      most insurance offices are closed so you canot insure it
      so unless you trailer it home, you legally cannot buy a car on sunday
      .t bought a car at 1am at sunday night and had the po-po waste 2 hours of my time after pulling me over with no plates, title, or insurance

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Here in washing machine, you can buy blank trip permits, and fill them out and stick them to whatever shitbox you pick up. Also dealerships fill out the temporary registration, and you can get insurance policies that cover you as a driver in any car

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

what part of sunday are you not comprehending?

you can legally drive for _ days in most states with just the bill of sale

bill of sale is meaningless.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>bill of sale is meaningless.
            Its not totally useless; a cop will probably just let you go if you actually did just buy the car and you're driving it home. There was a career felon on a bodycam channel I watch that had been pulled over like 8 times over 2 years and he just told the cops he just got the car and was in the registration, inspection, and transferring the car in his name. They never wrote him a ticket until like the 8th time because all the cops that showed up recognized him and the car from pulling him over so many times.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the cop wasted 2 hours of my time just holding my and asking stupid questions 10 minutes apart while his radio blew up about some nig nog in a police chase.
            unless you notarize the bill of sale, it means nothing. anyone can fake it and claim they just bought the car.
            you cant drive a car without plates even if its to the dmv, or straight to your own garage.
            in the end i got off without issues. just a long as night

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How much melanin was in your car, was the car a pile of shit, and again, most cops will just let you go if you have insurance and a valid license unless he's got other clues you're breaking the law.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>he's got other clues you're breaking the law.
            You mean like an unregistered vehicle?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i am white and car was a beater but a rare beater.
            this is why i allowed the cop to do whatever. i had no reason to ask if i was being detained, or claim the 4th. i had insurance for my other vehicles, and a license. he just wanted to waste my time.
            this wasnt the first time i bought a car without registering it and drove it home. last time it was the sherif and he didnt care and let me go

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>car was a beater but a rare beater.
            they know felons don't maintain their cars. You were driving a messy hoopty and he was expecting drugs hoping you'd get nervous or combative to lead to an arrest.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

thats the vibe i got.
            the guy i bought the car from was 100% a felon.
            car was stock, without any bent panels.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Those old blue laws are so that you can browse a dealership lot without getting hassled by salesmen

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you can legally drive for _ days in most states with just the bill of sale

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>actually believing that psycho cops even care about the Law.
          You could be holding the actual LAW in your hand, and they would still argue with you.
          >sign the Citation here..

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

signing the citation isn't an admission of guilt
            are you black by chance? it's always the Black folk getting shot or catching felony charges over signing the citation

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

yes, banks only open 9-5 m-f and you have to call during buisness hours to increase your withdrawal limit at an atm

I have been hung up on 5 minutes to 5 and i was fricking stuck at a gas station needing to reset my pin

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the richest developing nation

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You may be able to get them to take it in an Amazon eGift card.

Take out as much as you can in cash (ATM + Walmart cash -- can do $300 in 3 $100 increments at Walmart), then show them that you have the rest of the money in your account and offer to put the remainder on your debit card through Amazon.

Though note that there are usually limits on daily transactions for debit. Mine's $2000.

But "$2000 now, here's proof that I have the rest, and I'll come back tomorrow with the rest in cash" is might be enough for them to say you've bought the car and can take it, just come back tomorrow with the rest to get the bill of sale.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If someone shows up trying to buy a car with amazon gift cards I'm calling the police.
      >Though note that there are usually limits on daily transactions for debit.
      Especially if their credit card has a sub-$2000 limit. See pic.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

eGift cards are sent to their email and they apply it to their account.
        So you show them you're buying it with your debit card from your account and sending it off to them. Then they receive it and apply it to their account.
        You're not just showing up with cards in your hand.

I've bought things that way before when I didn't have the cash on me.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I'm not even a boomer but if some bean pole teenager low balled me on a shitbox then said "yo can I send you e-giftcards through amazon" I'd kick their ass lol

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Gift cards aren't cash and as far as I know can't be converted into cash. What if you don't want to give the 2 grand to Jeff Bezos?

i'm pretty sure you can raise the limit by yourself through home baking

Yeah, here every respectable bank has the option in their app (that requires biometrics or a password to log into).
          Also a $1000 limit sounds very strange, especially for the US.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Bitch, it's an option, not a sure thing.
            Nobody's gonna take Zelle/Paypal, but an Amazon eGift card is a charge to your debit sent right to them.

Pull up your bank info showing the funds, show them your card, and with an $800 wad of cash and them knowing it's a Sunday, they might take it. Since who the frick would try to steal a 25 year old beater by handing over $800 in cash? He goes to the cops, gets his car back, and keeps your $800.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>bro just use amazon egiftcards bro it's not that hard I buy weed with them all the time bro it's easy

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why the frick are you suggesting this gift card shit when Zelle literally uses the ACH network for instant deposits and withdrawals? Do you know what ACH is?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nobody uses Zelle. Everybody has an Amazon account.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You're so stupid you should have your drivers license revoked.
          >sir, I'm buying the e-gift cards on my cell phone
          >then I'll send you e-gift cards to your email
          >its as good as cash! You buy garbage from amazon all the time!
          >surely you'll take this same as cash for the sale of a fricking car!
          What kind of ghetto zoomer transaction proposal is this? If you showed up trying to buy a shitbox from me using e-gift cards I'm calling the police.
          >Gee, I sure hope the moron that emailed me these giftcard numbers doesn't just spend it all before I do! Jamal sure seemed nice, I'm sure he won't just steal my car and spend all that money on amazon from a stolen debit card!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You don't know what a gift card is. That's fine. You're just moronic.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm not on the level of buying or selling CARS for gift cards, Ja'mar'kus.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>do you accept amazon gift card whyteboi?
          only Black folk or crackheads do that shit, dude, how are you going to act like that's a normal way to pay for a car at all?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Doesn't matter what's normal if it works to prevent this

Welp, it's sold boys. Learn from my mistake and always keep a "if there's a great craigslist post" emergency fund under your mattress.

it's an old meme listing
            https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/hou/6565526716.html

The guy who bought it on a Sunday probably offered an Amazon eGift card.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The guy who bought it on a Sunday probably offered an Amazon eGift card.
            The guy probably either had the cash or wired the money or paid a smaller reserve amount to come back the next day and pay in full.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just go to an ATM or something lol

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

go to amscot or another payday lender. you'll have to pay a ~$50 fee, but if you repay the loan the next day you won't get raked over the coals with their ~200% interest

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>go online
    >raise atm limit to $5,000
    >withdraw 10x
    >offer boomer $5,000 cash

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Thats not how it works, zoomzoom. You can't just demand a bank change ATM policy for you.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

...just wire the money?

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>2024
    >can't write a check
    >NGMI

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>making a wire transfer means you don't have a bank account

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what it means is that you've obviously done business with people so few times that you don't have any understanding of how 99% of selling, especially old fricks, will see the hassle of doing a wire (there's no fricking way they have their bank info memorized) and the wait time and think "yeah sure I'll do a wire"
      everyone wants cash it's not that deep
      this fantasy land of "uh, well how about this? uh okay, can we do this? hey man, what if we did it this way?" only exists in the mind of inexperienced teenage morons

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

In my country wire transfers have largely replaced cash and you're expected to use your bank's app/website

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

only under-30s are comfortable with digital payments in the US
          you can't even convince a boomer to take a handwritten check these days

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Cant convince me to take a check or crypto or whatever. If you want my shitbox, bring me a little stack of money

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Can't you just take out $1,000 five times from the ATM?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My bank, like every other quality bank, will cut you off at $1000. Some won't even let you go over $500. It's to protect you in case someone manages to steal your information and debit card.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i'm pretty sure you can raise the limit by yourself through home baking

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

no lol why do underages keep replying to this thread
          those types of policies are mandatory for all clients

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

They literally dont stock $10k in every ATM, so they only dispense a few hundred dollars to each customer. If they had $100k then nigs would smash and grab the ATM

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Is it cause the israelites are scared of people having untraceable funds at home? Frick I hate israeli ((bankers)) so much, 1000$ isn’t even that much today with inflation, groceries alone for a family of four have doubled, and gas is nearly a 130.9/L here.

Most guns are a few thousand fricking dollars wtf

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>It's to protect you in case someone manages to steal your information and debit card.
          Can you even read? It's identity theft coverage.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Shouldn't you be able to call them and tell them that you're the person that owns the account?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Only if you do that 1x/day over the course of a week

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just checked a couple of US banks
    you can't change daily/weekly/monthly withdraw&spending limits by yourself
    you either call the customer service(?) or you go to the bank

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

and guess what frickin day it is

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

man I knew the busrider/underage issue was bad but I didn't know it was this bad lol

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>considering I've literally bought a car from a guy who had someone that promised to be back the same day, you can't expect shit lol
    What the frick did you just say? You bought a car from a guy that promised to come back to sell you the car? huh?

>2024
    >can't write a check
    >NGMI

>accepting a check from a complete stranger handing over a title and a car for a few thousand hoping it clears the bank
    You guys really are gullible aren't you?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

He said another guy was there to buy it but wanted to wait a couple hours to get a PPI from his mechanic friend. Meanwhile he showed up, dropped the cash, and drove off with it.

If you were first to call, you set up a little rapport over the phone, and you're on the way, a seller might make buyer #2 hold off until you at least get there and have the chance to buy it since it's a bit impolite to bait you on a trip and then sell it out from under you. But if you were there, had the chance, and you decide to leave for whatever reason -- even if it's just to go down to the bank and get the cash -- don't be surprised if the seller doesn't take the cash from buyer 2. He was prepared. You were not.
      You don't get to call "first dibs.". It's the first who puts cash in hand who gets it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You're an idiot.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>"S...surely the seller is going to wait as long as I -- the super-special Main Character of Reality -- need to take in order to put the car I'm lusting for into my hands. He would *never* do the UNTHINKABLE and sell it to a second person who also thinks he's the main character of reality and is lusting after the same car but who actually showed up with his asking price in hand! Didn't I just say that *I* am the main character of reality, and so everyone else must wait on me?"

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yeah just stutter out some weird autistic shit to the seller on a sunday afternoon instead of giving him confidence you'll be by tomorrow at 9am to come get it. Surely they'll accept electronic gift cards instead of cash, that'll make him confident in selling to you!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>doesn't even try to pay for it
            >"I wonder why it's gone?"

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

"I dunno man, I'll have to get my mechanic friend to check it out" is not the same as "I'll bring the money tomorrow if you hold it for me"
        >You don't get to call "first dibs.".
        You can ask the seller to hold it for you. Obviously the seller can say no.
        You sound like a dumb zoomer who has never had an in-person human interaction and only knows how shit works from watching tiktok.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bitch, I buy and sell off CL all the time.

"I...I'll be back tomorrow! I promise!" means, "Something will come up tomorrow, I can promise you that."
          There is no promise I'm getting my asking price like the next guy showing up with my asking price and putting it in my fricking hand.
          You snooze, you lose.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Bitch, I buy and sell off CL all the time.
            pokemon cards, gym weights, and free pallets aren't the same as cars. You're a doofus.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I concede. You are 100% correct. All steals on the internet will be held as long as you need to come up with the money because It's Just The Right Thing To Do.

13. 3 weeks ago
    p

BRB, on my way to buy it from out under homosexual OP

• 3 weeks ago
      :p

Everyone can tell you’re not me. Try a lil bit harder (put ur butt into it)

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why don't you just write him a check

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>fine af

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Welp, it's sold boys. Learn from my mistake and always keep a "if there's a great craigslist post" emergency fund under your mattress.

it's an old meme listing
      https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/hou/6565526716.html

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I can usually get $1000 from the ATM. If the car is more expensive than that it isnt such a deal it cant wait till noon tomorrow.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If only there was some sort of financial instrument that could substitute for a big-ass wad of cash...

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I got the look once from giving others check.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

as a delivery guy, a lot of store workers couldn't understand how to write a check, so they would hand me the checkbook to fill out the check to my company and it would bounce half of the time, cause Indians don't keep money in accounts. I would never accept a check from anyone other than my Dad, and he would never buy a used car.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Checks are the number one source of financial fraud.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>25 year old automatic.

If you insist, anon

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Time for me to go get some cash.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>need cash
    >go to bank of mommy or daddy since they work cash jobs
    >can get up to 3k same day with only 3.0% APR

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Be me,
      >go to bank of dad.
      >Make case for needing money
      >It isnt a loan, he just gives me money
      >Also he doesn't drive, so he just offered me several thousand to get a decent car

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Y u no have a cash stash for that sort of thing? Shit doesn't shine thru ur wallet and you can hide it at home easily enough.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

inflation

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ask him to hold on to it til tomorrow, go to a walmart or two and buy a pack of gum and get $100 cash back a couple of times. $200-300 down to hold it for a day, most people will take that.

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't think I've used cash for anything in like 8 years and I live in a third world country

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>The seller says it's perfect and has an eloquent writing style so it must be perfect!
    You deserve whatever is coming to you

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its a boomer. just write them a check

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *