Carrera GT debacle

How should Porsche deal with this car that keeps killing it's driver when you step away from the gas?
It's kind of shitty for these companies that build these cars with very expensive bleeding edge components and manufacturing and then lose money because nobody buys them because it is 15 years too early for Boomers to use them as a money making strategy. Imagine being Porsche giving a MSRP of 448k to the Carrera GT and then 20 years later the same car comes for some servicing but now the car is worth 1.8 million dollars. Just giving some context for you to take into consideration before coming up with a solution to the Carrera GT problem.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

speak english

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Here comes the grammar Nazi. What's wrong with my English?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

None of it makes sense, what's the point you're trying to make?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Where doesn't make sense?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're all over the place in your post, what are you trying to get at in your message?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You are asking me to re-write my post as if I didn't do just that. Where is the problem? What is the sentence that is badly worded?

What the frick are you asking?

> this car that keeps killing it's driver when you step away from the gas?

Theres like one fatal accident with this car

> and then lose money because nobody buys them

What the frick are you on about, the CGT is highly sought after

>what the frick are you asking
            >proceeds to answer
            It seems you understood me just fine but in any case, where is the offending sentence?

sorry but if Doug demuro can daily this car, it isn't dangerous
            shitty tires were the reason these crashes happen

>daily
            Carrera GT is not meant to be a grocery shopping car to be driven at under 60mph. It is meant to be a track weapon driven at the limit of physics.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>. It is meant to be a track weapon driven at the limit of physics.
            are you 12 or something ?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why is it street legal then?

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What the frick are you asking?

> this car that keeps killing it's driver when you step away from the gas?

Theres like one fatal accident with this car

> and then lose money because nobody buys them

What the frick are you on about, the CGT is highly sought after

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

sorry but if Doug demuro can daily this car, it isn't dangerous
    shitty tires were the reason these crashes happen

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I translated this post:
    >How should Porsche deal with the fact that after building a cutting edge car and having to sell them for a loss because nobody wants them at launch, they suddenly shoot up in value that far exceeds their initial MSRP once old people have locked them in their sheds for 20 years?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I still dont understand why this is a problem

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>i dont understand why a car killing it's driver is a problem
        t.porsche lawyer

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I move to dismiss, the plaintiff can barely speak english and clearly escaped a mental institution

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dismissal accepted, OP is moronic

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't either. Every halo car is a calculated loss. And every meme classic becomes unreasonably expensive and over hyped after 15 years, not that anybody buys for those prices anyway. Look at the original NSX for example

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's been out of production for 20 years now, it's no longer Porsche's problem

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

so because it's been 20 years it suddenly not Porsche problem?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yes? What do you want them to do? It's not like they could make a refresh/update with revised suspension as if the car was still in production

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Volkswagen doesn't do recalls chud

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why is it when europeans build shitty handling cars its "bad ass" but when americans do it its just not being able to turn?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

On Porsche's defense, they built Carrera GT at the specifications of their customers. Americans just build trash cars.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

so their customers wanted a trash car?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Well no. They wanted a "badass car" as you put it. No safety = bad ass. Boomer mentality. The problem is they sell these death machines to unsuspecting people.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

shit handling is a form of no safety, and trash vehicle design.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>shit handling is a form of no safety

Lol at bus rider takes: The Carrera GT has "shit handling"

Thanks for the worthless imput

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the carrera GT has attributes associated with shit handling american cars
            >but its not shit handling because... Porsche did it on purpose?
            this goes back to my original question.

also i have a car, so stop deflecting.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the carrera GT has attributes associated with shit handling american cars

Literally no one not moronic has ever thought or said this

morons are confusing hard to drive with bad handling

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

but shit handling vehicles are inherently hard to drive. as the other anon said...
            >it just loses grip
            what kind of piece of shit does this? this isn't excusable on a mustang so why a """state of the art""" supah caru.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>>it just loses grip
            >what kind of piece of shit does this?

This is what I'm talking about. Bus riders utterly mystified by a high hp car losing grip in its drive wheels. Like handling fundamentals are a mystery to them they misread as something else.

It happens in LITERALLY every performance car you can think of

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

so the problem with the Carrera GT is downforce? Could Porsche fix the car going haywire with more downforce? Did you just solved the Carrera Gt problem?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's transmission and downforce. You can't fix it without a bunch of ugly wings and to drive it faster than it can normally go in turns. It's not designed to race.

You need to go so very fast for a behemoth like that to get downforce, and it would never get there before it falls off the road.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>losing grip and crashing is just handling fundamental bro!
            can you remember how many times lewis hamilton's F1 car just lost grip and he did an epic drift around Spa? how many nascar style pileups does F1 have from cars just losing grip?

why are these handling characteristics that have been so long associated with trash vehicle design on muscle cars suddenly a feature?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>why are these handling characteristics that have been so long associated with trash vehicle design on muscle cars suddenly a feature?

Your stupidity is beyond comprehension.

You might as well be asking why the car goes into a wall when you steer it into the wall if its a good car

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

your steering false equivalency implies that this shit handling is the driver's fault. if its "just losing grip" then its clearly the car's problem. not all powerful cars make you feel "scared" to be in them. just the highly unstable shitboxes, do.

pic related. a well engineered powerful vehicle from Japan.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>implies that this shit handling is the driver's fault.
            >pic related. a well engineered powerful vehicle from Japan.

Nürburgring lap times:
            Porsche Carrera GT 7:28.71

Honda NSX (Mk II) 7:36.00

The 20 year old "bad handling" (lol) prime supercar from Porsche outhandles your "good handling" example

I don't know how much more I can high light how you literally don't know shit about cars or car handling. You are incredibly stupid.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>it may handle like shit and crash but it has fast lap times
            does this mean muscle cars actually handle better than things like Lotus? cause it has faster lap times.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'd like to see a second lap and it's numbers on these two lmao

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

On that track yeah, numbers don't lie

What doe that have to do with morons confusing a good handling car being pushed past the limit with being inherently bad handling?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

don't you think a """state of the art""" super car should have a higher limit than "just lose grip"?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How about a track with more turns?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Tell the coping Carrera GT gay that.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A Carrera GT MSRP was 448k in 2004, that is 740k today according to US inflation calculators and we know the official 65% inflation number by the US government is half of what we see out irl.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The NSX is made in the US, just like the Type R is made in UK. Japan makes jack.

>implies that this shit handling is the driver's fault.
            >pic related. a well engineered powerful vehicle from Japan.

Nürburgring lap times:
            Porsche Carrera GT 7:28.71

Honda NSX (Mk II) 7:36.00

The 20 year old "bad handling" (lol) prime supercar from Porsche outhandles your "good handling" example

I don't know how much more I can high light how you literally don't know shit about cars or car handling. You are incredibly stupid.

That's because it's better at straights, just like the NSX I and the Tesstarossa.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The NSX is made in the US
            designed by japs. its a weeb mobile through and through.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

and it flopped so hard.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's transmission and downforce. You can't fix it without a bunch of ugly wings and to drive it faster than it can normally go in turns. It's not designed to race.

You need to go so very fast for a behemoth like that to get downforce, and it would never get there before it falls off the road.

don't you think a """state of the art""" super car should have a higher limit than "just lose grip"?

>jannies deleting images
            ???

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The car just loses grip when you step off the gas like the og Porsche 911 Turbo but this time Porsche was asked to built the car this way. The problem is people are selling Carrera GT's to people who don't know any better. Look at these seasoned Nurburgring amateur driver scared shitless after being in a Carrera GT with new tires from two weeks ago. He says he doesn't want to do it again as in he doesn't want to be in a Carrera GT ever again.

?si=Z8xaV0zvXb2QS8ZQ&t=603

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The car just loses grip
            mustangs do this too. and people say its because they don't handle well. if your car is so unstable that it scares you its probably not a very good handling vehicle.

but again, this is somehow laudable because the car is expensive and european and has a spoopy lore around it.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Older Mustangs with open differentials that don't have traction control do. Newer Mustangs have LSDs and traction control.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why do Porsche still makes these cars use 20 year old compound technology? A newer compound could potentially fix the car.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>why does a 20 year old car use 20 year old technology
            hmm, beats me

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I always thought it was a bit funny when motoring journalists had to drive behind a pace car on a wide track when they got to “test drive” it in 2003 and they weren’t allowed to floor it. But Porsche knew what they had built.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And it begs the question: Why not test drive and buy the pace car then instead if Porsche already knew that’s what a random petrolhead actually could handle on a track?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Americans just build trash cars.
        And your country doesn't make cars at all, Muhammad. Simping for European cars won't make you any less brown and nor will it make Europeans detest you any less.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bruised ego? I didn't say anything nobody has ever said. It is a well known fact Americans build trash cars.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

but why do we glorified european manufacturers when they do it?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They were asked to build it that way. Americans just build bad cars.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>europe was asked to built trash cars

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Americans build trash c-ACKK

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

always warms my heart when people post my old meme image.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>skill issue
    moron

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Porsche shills out in full force ITT kek

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this, holy shit. if this thing had a chrysler badge they wouldn't shit the frick up about how it can turn.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>shilling for a 7 figure car that won't even bring profit to the manufacturer
      >on DA at that

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You better believe we are working as hard as possible to ensure DA still likes a limited-run supercar that we produced 20 years ago

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>limited-run supercar that we produced 20 years ago
        You aren't boomer multi-millionaires. Porsche never intended you shills to own them and yet here you are still simping for them. They'd kick your smelly poorgay ass out of the dealership the moment they caught sight of one of your kind in their showroom. Make no mistake, you aren't their target clientele. They'd sooner torch a Porsche than have to experience embarrassment from the public seeing one of you subhumans in their car degrading their precious brand image.

Yurocucks loooove doing this. You watch F1 religiously yet will never drive one. Americhads watch stock car racing and can afford to buy and do drive those cars.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I have no fricking clue what you’re trying to get at

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Good post, but this
          >Americhads watch stock car racing and can afford to buy and do drive those cars.
          is mostly wrong, they are "stock" only in the name which is misleading.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If EVs are so good why they have to be government mandated?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

VAG and by proxy Porsche is government mandated by the german government. its no wonder the Carrera GT handles so shitty. it might as well be built by the UAW.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Never heard of any Ford GT losing grip and crashing

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>car that keeps killing it's driver when you step away from the gas
    That's a feature, not a bug. Vehicles with knife edge handling require the utmost respect or the ride will teach you what respect means. Any amount of focus taken away from the driving experience itself, will kill you and that's in itself is what a true track weapon was before the days of electronic driving safeties. Not everyone could handle the level of responsibility and maturity it requires to pilot a freakin race car on the street and to be fair, I think computerized driving aids to reduce the skill ceiling allowing normies to drive a race car on public roads is wrong. It's becoming too easy for normies to buy 2+ ton cars that can 0-60 in 2-3 seconds, it's absurd.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

BREAKING NEWS
    If you exceed the limit of traction in a car and don’t know what you’re doing you can crash and die.
    In other news, eating 2,000 calories with no exercise makes you gain weight, wild!

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

do you think chefs cry that the food that was sold for cheap gets more attention than they thought?
    no, they just move on to the next dish

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *