Convince me out of buying this truck

Convince me out of buying this truck

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I mean, if you're gonna be one of those guys you might as well get a toyota and be done with it

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Thinking about getting one, too. Been on my mind, no cap.

If you're going to buy new, why not get the new Tacoma? The resale value on them is out of this world, while you'll still be making payments on Colorado long after its residual value is literally scrap.

I would buy a taco right now, if it weren't
      for Toyota wait times + mark up.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I mean, if you're gonna be one of those guys you might as well get a Nissan and be done with it

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not Japanese.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Needs to be a dually.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

not lifted enough + no wheel poke. why would you think of buying this prius?

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you're going to buy new, why not get the new Tacoma? The resale value on them is out of this world, while you'll still be making payments on Colorado long after its residual value is literally scrap.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You think it's smart buying a first gen GM product? Especially when GM couldn't even figure out the right ATF fluid in the last generation? Good luck.

>buying first gen products
      Also have fun paying $70k for one.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Tacos are so price gouged from Tacoma/dealers that you'll be losing just as much. "just get a Tacoma" is why people are waiting two months for one that's at least $15k over priced.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You think it's smart buying a first gen GM product? Especially when GM couldn't even figure out the right ATF fluid in the last generation? Good luck.

>buying first gen products
        Also have fun paying $70k for one.

>people spending 70k on a truck with a 4 cylinder

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

spending 70k on a truck with a 4 cylinder
          are you talking about the toyota or the chebby?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Everyone. It's going to be the norm, sadly. Blame the EPA.
            >Frontier
            No.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>4 cylinder

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It looks like a last gen Tacoma.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the frick is this shit. Is it made in America or something?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ah shit it's over

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Please understand we can only afford to hire illegals since we are giving israelitekraine and israeliteisreal all our money

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I needed to buy right now it's probably the one I'd go with. If I could wait 6 months or so I'd get a Ranger Raptor instead though, it's basically the same price as a ZR2 optioned to have the same features (which is what you're gonna find on dealer lots) and at least it's a turbo V6 instead of a 4cyl and just seems like a more capable truck overall.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just wait for inventory on TRD Pros to keep piling up. Dealers will eventually start selling them at cost out of desperation.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I doubt that, the last gen was marked up right through the end of its run. I don't know why you'd buy the new Taco anyway, there's nothing left of the old reliable Toyota in it so it's just like any other 4cyl turbo midsize truck but overpriced. Also, if I had to buy a new Taco for some reason, I think I'd go with the Trailhunter over the Pro as well.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This. I'd only jump on a Taco if it was a reasonably priced V6, I'm not dishing out the jacked up price for a 4cuckinder no matter how 'turbo' it is.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Chevy is for homosexuals

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get the Frontier. The only V6 in its current class and probably more reliable than a Chevy.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Convince me out of buying this truck
    Can you afford it?

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

seethe
    American vehicles are trash built by Black folk.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Your third world nation doesn't even have a car industry lol

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm murrican though. I just understand the country has gone off a fricking cliff.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don’t understand the point of these gussed up quarter ton pickups, they can’t have the ass to carry anything substantial and you would probably be served better by some jeep for less money for off-roading. Or even modifying a half ton or bigger.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cause they sexy

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don't get the point of using a tiny and underpowered V6 or i4 platform as an off road base. As far as the pickup variants to they pretty much always have shitty ass tire clearance. It usually takes a suspension lift, body lift and cutting and fender flares to fit tiny 33's on these cuck trucks. By the time you add all that shit you're pretty much the size of a half ton. Oh and don't forget a re-gear because of the cuck drivetrain.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Off roaders need less power than any other car. You’re not hauling ass off road so even 200hp is plenty.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Off roaders need less power than any other car
          ahahahah what? Let me guess... You're going to use gearing to compensate for having no power? Okay. Have fun generating zero wheelspeed or momentum and having to winch up everything. Crawling is for babies.

>You’re not hauling ass off road so even 200hp is plenty.
          What about the 50+ miles of highway driving to the trailhead? What about the other 99% of the time when you have to daily drive it in the city? 200hp is not "plenty" when you have big tires.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that looks fun as hell but no stock truck is going to come close to trying this

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Give me a beater truck and I'll try it. Also lets be honest. Who's taking their factory $70k truck off road? That's also why these midsizes are pointless. At least an off road trim half ton still makes a really nice daily driver.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If the off road advantages of a vehicle that's 20" shorter, 4-8" narrower, has a 2' tighter turning circle, and is 1000lbs lighter aren't obvious to you then I'm really not sure what to say.

Also, I can't speak for other platforms but you don't need to do all that bullshit to get 33"s on a last-gen Ranger, with the right offsets and tires you can do it with as little as a 2" lift and at worst 3" lift plus aftermarket crash bars. It's probably easier on the new one and the current Colorado since they've both got factory trucks with 33"s too. As usual the Tacoma's probably what's giving people a bad impression (just like how everybody thinks midsize trucks are super cramped and underpowered because of them) since I know with those you have to start beating things with a sledgehammer.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How do people see over the hood? wtf, the windshield is so far back and slanted while the grill is fat like an American

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I can see out of mine just fine, have you tried not being a 5'3 manlet?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I can see out of mine just fine, have you tried not being a 5'3 manlet?
        same energy

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I never sat in one but just looking it makes me cringe. I have a Mercedes truck which has infinitely better visibility and isn’t bloated like that Amerifat truck

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>crew cab

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

more doors = more prostitutes
      less bed = more head

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Off-roading doesn't require that much power. The fact that anon has the gall to move the goalposts so fricking far that he results to posting a video with highly modified vehicles doing shit that 99% of people don't think of when they say off-roading is dumbfounding to me.

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Winnipeg
    Normally I'd ask, "What do you need a truck for," since leaf springs make for a fricking terrible ride, A/T tires make for some god-awful road noise, you can't see for shit out of them, they get terrible gas mileage, they have less usable room than a minivan, and people will pay a $20,000 premium for all this for some reason.
    But in Canada, eh, a bit of extra ground clearance for snow isn't bad. Though you'll probably be too dumb to put snow tires on it.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I NEED DIFFERENT TIRES FOR EVERY SEASON

Skill issue.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

why would you need snow tires on a 4x4 capable vehicle that already has AT tires

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>A/T tires make for some god-awful road noise
      fwiw some of the modern ones are pretty damn good about it. I've got Wildpeak AT3Ws on my truck and they perform really well, especially in the snow (almost as good on hard pack/ice as dedicated snows and better in soft/deep stuff), and still manage to be very quiet.

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why is it so ugly?

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Looks like it ate a brick

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>canada
    Shit is going to rot in 2 years

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I want a new Taco Off Road so bad but the price gouging in both the car and insurance would make me broke
    God I want a promotion

25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For the money you could put a down payment on a house. That's the only real reason anyone needs.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What if you own multiple houses already? At what point is paying that much money not a big deal?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>buying a house in this market
      lol ok

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Remember when people said the same thing 10 years ago? lol

Interest rates still are historically low

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Interest rates still are historically low
          so is your testosterone

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Interest rates still are historically low
          You're comparing it to when houses were a fraction of the price too. Sure 7% is better than 12%, until you realize the houses themselves cost twice as much.
          The truth is, with the combination of interest rates and prices in relationship to real income, housing has never been more unaffordable.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Canadian here, houses cost 4-5x as much as they did 20 years ago. My parents bought their house for about $200k and sold it last year for a million. Fricking boomers.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's fricking wild for sure, I'm in the LA area and my parents are getting ready to sell their house, they paid $400k in 1994 and their real estate agent just said today that we should list it for 2.2 mil and "see where the bids go from there."

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

housing prices are
            it's why im doom spending on a truck

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I agree that it is much more unaffordable, things may not eventually get better but who knows. Things could just continue on this shitty path for many years. Do you want to remain a landless peasant? That’s the problem with inflation in our monetary policy. Also zoning and immigration. When is the collapse of society going to happen? I think it is inevitable but may take a long time and be gradual.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Low interest makes people look for better ROI investments, such as real estate. Real estate isn't as attractive when interest rates are high enough they compete with it except you get liquidity unlike with property.

26. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Glass drivetrain
    >Terrible electronics
    >American made

There you go, but hey its your money. Go full moron if you must.

27. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ugly piece of shit

28. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why does that Tacoma have a Chevy badge

29. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Robloxtruck

30. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You'll regret not buying a Toyota 9 times out of 10. Sure, Toyota tax means you'll be paying more for what's probably less truck, but you'll own a fricking Toyota. Best resale value, best reliability, best build quality, and frankly it isn't even close.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>you'll own a fricking Toyota

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Toyota cultism is out of control
      people driving the trucks say the Toyota is stiff and slow compared to the others in its class but you homies will drop 20k extra for them blindly because of muh reliability
      I dont want to own the same vehicle for 20 years

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *