CR-Z

I've gotten weirdly fascinated by this little smiling pillbug thing now that I'm living in a city where gas is expensive and parking is tight. Any real point in looking for low mileage on something like this since the battery will have aged anyway? For what it's worth, I'm up in leafland and I hear the older non-lithium batteries handle the cold better.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Problem with the CRZ is that you either get the CVT for better MPG or you pay extra to get the manual for worse mpg

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Was looking at the manual even though I have way less experience driving stick, figured it would be the better choice. How low MPG are we talking?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not terribly low, but if you're not gonna go for maximum MPG just go for an SI or something

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

just donr drive like a dick and the difference shouldnt be much at all. autos usually prioritize mileage

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Look for an EP3 SiR if you can.
    CR-Z is really cool but rare and while I still see them on the road along with the insight you might as well get something that came with a K20 stock and get access to a healthy supply of motor related OEM parts and aftermarket tuning options should still be small and efficient enough while actually having the option to redline it dump fuel and hoon it hard if you need to pass someone on a highway easily.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's gay just buy an Si if you want a modern Honda or a fit if you're a troony

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>20 years difference and still somehow slower than CR-X

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>somehow slower
      >Curb weight: 760-860 kg (1,676-1,896 lb)
      Real mystery, nobody ever figured it out.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EPA rated mileage for these can be way off depending on how you drive. My 2012 CR-Z the manual and I average 40+ highway if there's not a lot of traffic; I've seen 50+ mpg with cruise control set at 55 mph over long distances.
    As for battery ageing, you'll have to check when you look at it. Do a 0-60 pull and see whether the charge gauge is flat or not.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why don't more of these and fits exist in the era of EPA emissions?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The average new car buyer is 45 and they love crossovers. If they want MPGs, a hybrid CR-V or RAV4 is much more attractive than a tiny CR-Z.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The average new car buyer would be younger if they were cheaper.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Analytics/money people have correctly predicted that boomers and gen x had the peak of purchasing power quite possible forever in history, companies en masse are shifting to lower volume, higher profit per unit models. I do not ever see this trend reversing.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wanted one of these till I saw the interior. And that was coming from a 22 year old car. Hard pass.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What was your issue with the interior? I remember it looking really cool.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It looks like it gets fricked by Chevy Silverados

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

2021 Siverado top speed: 114
      2011 CR-Z Top Speed: 122
      Once the honda is done taking half a minute to accelerate the chebby is going to lag behind, and that's without anything resembling corners or turns existing which would make the truck a death trap at that speed.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I think he means in a collision.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Driving around trucks is just asking for that to happen regardless of brands involved.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

fricking LOVE my CR-Z. Bought it in California and drove it home all the way across the entire country to Florida. 6 speed manual and the hybrid system is goofy as hell and I love it.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mine started developing electrical gremlins around 100k. The door handles snap off around 60k usually, so try to find one that has already had them replaced. Lithium batteries have more range regardless, so cold only takes them down to roughly the same as the old nickel batteries.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Hotwing

>The CRX we should have gotten

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *