Dashcams

whats a good dashcam against vandalism on parked vehicles?
also general dashcam thread

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I honestly don't get why non-tesla premium cars don't have integrated dash cams. Most new cars come with bunch of cameras for surround view already, just get them to constantly record like dash cams...?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Probably power, the Tesla camera thing can eat into your battery over time since it's always recording and analyzing.

I guess maybe a simpler solution that uses the standard shock sensors and the car just saves the video and doesn't process it?

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'll personally never use a dash cam because the police can confiscate it and use the footage against you in traffic court.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>moron doesn't understand the 5th amendment

sigh

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no u. You can read about it. Police do it all the time.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

and its inadmissible in court, kiddo

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>In some cases, police officers may need to obtain a search warrant before accessing dash cam footage. This is particularly true if the footage contains evidence of a crime or if the footage was recorded in a private location, such as a garage or driveway. However, there are some exceptions to the warrant requirement, such as if the officer has probable cause to believe that the footage contains evidence of a crime and waiting for a warrant would jeopardize the investigation.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

a traffic citation isn't a crime unless you commit vehicular homicide or manslaughter

regardless, if you think you're at fault literally just stomp on the microSD and toss it in the bushes

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a traffic citation isn't a crime unless you commit vehicular homicide or manslaughter
            Reckless driving can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony. You can be charged with reckless driving for doing 15 over the speed limit or driving 100 mph. Ditching the SD card is tampering with evidence, which is an additional crime.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Ditching the SD card is tampering with evidence, which is an additional crime
            Can they charge you for having a camera with no SD card?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Can they charge you for having a camera with no SD card?
            No, but a camera without an sd card would alert them to a deliberate concealment and would fall under probable cause to search you and your car.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>smash SD card
            >throw in bushes

even if they find the pieces, they won't be able to reconstruct the data to prove it was yours

stop being excessively paranoid

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's tampering with evidence.
            You'll be even more fricked.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Man up and eat the fricking thing.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

An officer can seize a dashcam as evidence of a crime, not a civil traffic violation. Only certain things can be seized for that like a license plate. If you were DUI or speeding so fast it becomes a criminal offense, then it can be seized. A warrant still must be written to search the contents, but it will be approved, obviously it's admissible in court unless you motion to have it suppressed with good reason.

Best thing is to just say "oh that wasn't recording, it's been broken for a while." That makes seizure and getting a search warrant approved a but iffy. You can bring up that you said that in court and say you were unaware it was even recording, and that the officer didn't include exculpitory evidence in his search warrant request because almost guaranteed he'll not think to write in that you told him it wasn't recording. The evidence may be thrown out under such circumstances.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I wish i were thia young and naive again

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

they sell dashcams with no screen or memory card but instead stream the footage to a secure server. although you'll need to install a mobile hotspot for those

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wouldn't the dashcam exonerate you though?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Wouldn't the dashcam exonerate you though?
        You're confused.

I'll personally never use a dash cam because the police can confiscate it and use the footage against you in traffic court.

is a shit driver who breaks the law regularly. That's why he knows it won't exonerate him

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It would.
        That anon probably speeds and drives recklessly a lot.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>muh police might seize it
      moron. turn it off when you're doing stupid shit. holy frick how are you this stupid? I always turn my dashcam off before I race or decide to do 10 sideways laps around a roundabout.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Exactly. Like how cops turn off their dash and body cams before they do something illegal and just make up some bullshit reason for why they turned them off.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You usually just forget to turn it on or the cord connection gets fricked, it's cheap chinkshit. morons seem to be under the impression that they're on for a full 10-12 hour shift recording in HD and requiring the department to maintain petabytes of footage each day for each officer.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Just remove it off the window if you get into an accident and shove it under the seat, are you fricking moronic?

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are there any good high quality ones out there? Don't really have a limited budget, and can buy something a bit costly. Seems most of them just share a few different image sensors, all being garbage.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ive been researching for just a few days and from my understanding 70mai cams are some of the best for the money.

From what ive seen the recommendations are pretty different in US than in EU too. Americans tend to recommend BlackVue / Thinkware while europeans recommend asian brands.
      Nowadays camera lens quality isnt all that expensive, but more quality also requires more storage space, more processing power on the dashcam's chip, more power consumption...

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you want to save thousands to tens of thousands in insurance/theft/etc, get a system that will do just that.

Dash cam with internet, cloud service, battery system, etc. Ideally a Tesla would do that.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This guy reviews a bunch of dashcams.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This guy does great radar detector reviews too. I've used his settings for my R8

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

He does post good radar detector content, pretty sure I based my r4 settings off his websiteb recommendations

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *