Euro reality

Hi fellow DA

What daily driver in europe youd recommend? Owned and driven mainly german cars, so no idea what to expect from french/korean/japanese/brit cars and if theyre worth buying.

Need
>comfy suspension
>reliable
>cheap to buy and own
>automatic
>gasoline
>prefferably C-segment size

No Audi/VW, BMW, MB or anything related to that. If the make/model is really noticeably reliable, i can pay a little more for upkeep.

Opinions on pic related?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy an EV. Gas prices in Europe is wilder than ever and it's literally why everyone starts to think EVs are making more sense. Buy one with 800 volt charger, presumably Hyundai Ioniq or Tesla Model Y. Euroshits are not recommended since they are all chink ev with different make ups.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ev is not a viable solution yet, unless youre wealthy as heck and can afford having 5 different cars, so you can pick an EV for sunday evening shopping. and also majority of ev cars are way newer than those i mentioned in original pic.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>ev is not a viable solution yet, unless youre wealthy as heck

So, after ICE ban in 2027 half of Europe will be riding Chinese electric scooters meanwhile in Afghanistan and Nigeria, dudes will ride 2JZ toyotas, lmao

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

no ones gonna ban ICE after 2027, its being postponed as the time goes on. and first to be banned are most likely diesels, then gasoline and even then there will be hybrids available. plus plenty of used cars, so we have atleast 50 years of ICE in spare.

>ev is not a viable solution yet, unless youre wealthy as heck and can afford having 5 different cars
          You can buy used, second hand EVs at a cheap. Just look for some old EVs that were previously owned by companies or decomissioned.

anon, theres a reason theyre so cheap. by the time i get on my hands it will be done well over 300k kms and will need a battery replacement. you think that stuff is cheap? look at toyota prius batttery cells replacement, shit costs a fortune and here we talk full on electric vehicle. prius may drive on ICE engine, if raw ev vehicle gets batteries toasted - youre done, its over. i want a daily commuter, not some exclusive snowflake vehicle which is basically useless if you get 0% charge and will get you stranded somewhere. dont have required infrastructure for ev anyway.

>opel/vauxhall
          i've seen 2 stoke motorcycles consume less oil
          >no vw
          get a skoda octavia/superb, frickers are bombproof.

>opel/vauxhall
          theyre that bad? kinda liking how astra looks on outside. pretty german layout as well.

>get a skoda octavia/superb, frickers are bombproof.
          not a TSI. by the way - they rust a lot. want to get away from VAG

Diesel E-class

>diesel old e-class
          bro, you for real? even generic stuff that needs replacement costs a ton. and diesel on top of that.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>want to get away from VAG
            homosexual

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nope, basic E-class is cheap to keep on road just get some pro spec one like some old taxi. Drive comfort is on another level compared to some vag or asiatic crap

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>like some old taxi
            The only thing that guarantees is it'll be driven into the ground already

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

5 year old used taxi mercedes with 400k km is better car than new kia

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

anon, i need petrol. not diesel. stop suggesting mercedes

>by the time i get on my hands it will be done well over 300k kms and will need a battery replacement.
            These batteries are built to last, and many of the times, even for cars that have mileage of tens of thousands of km, they still retain SoH of 95~100%.

no infrastructure for ev

alr there is similar system in a basic engine astra too tho
            maybe you could find ls430 before they get 'classic' status

i would get a lexus, only downside is theyre all huge displacement, not for my pocket.

anons, any more suggestions?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>i would get a lexus, only downside is theyre all huge displacement, not for my pocket.
            You can get the small lexus IS with a small 2.5 liter engine.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

but it's insanely heavy for a tiny car. bmw mercedes are the car to buy in europe unless your budget is 1k in which case french cars are more reliable.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

2.5l is still kinda big. the issue with lexus is theyre basically a worse version of bmw, while being msot of the time more expensive. inline 6 bmws are way much better than v6 lexuses. economy,power,parts availability, smoothness, weight. lexus v6 is slow, gas guzzling. no point.

>budget 1k
            its more than 1k, but im not trying to cash out on shitbox, hence why im asking which one of these are considered comfortable and dependable. yet no real answers yet. i do understand its an enthusiast board, but come on.

Nah, since you’re looking at cars so old that even a “reliable” car such as Avensis will still be a gamble at this age.
            An Avensis might ironically even be a bigger gamble than an Astra or a C4 since the shittiest Astras and C4s are already metal cubes, survival of the fittest, while many rusty Avensis are still trying to be sold by their owners since even the rustiest ones at least still start, but that car still won’t get you anywhere if the parking brake is stuck from corrosion.

i was wondering. do toyotas still rust as much? dont remember them being that rusty, by thew way, its no longer 80s or 90s anyway, they surely figured out anti-corrosion right? i try to avoid hondas and mazdas because those rust faster than they age. but toyotas seem to be fine.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>its more than 1k, but im not trying to cash out on shitbox, hence why im asking which one of these are considered comfortable and dependable. yet no real answers yet.
            You did get your answer:
            BMW>Mercedes if you can afford it
            French brands if you can't
            Lexus somewhere in the middle

>the issue with lexus is theyre basically a worse version of bmw, while being msot of the time more expensive. inline 6 bmws are way much better than v6 lexuses. economy,power,parts availability, smoothness, weight. lexus v6 is slow, gas guzzling. no point.
            Exactly. If you know this much, what are you even asking for?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

anon, are you serious? im not asking for a suggestion from lexus. as i mentioned before, i need something that matches criteria pointed out in original post. why do you bring up such vehicles like lexus/bmw/mb when i said upfront im not interested in them. the big german three is generally reliable when bought with diesels. i dont want a diesel. i need a cheap maintenance and reliability. NONE of those german premium and luxury cars match those things. lexus doesnt make sense even more than german premiums.

>French brands if you can't
            are french cars more comfortable than koreans/japanese?

i daily drive old bmws for like 10y, never pay much for maintenanc, they seem cheap. Regular i6 petrol tho, diesel are junk
            >parts for old pontaic
            Vro rockauto i order parts and get them in a week or faster. Parts for many older PSA or Renualt just doesn't exist. good luck geting parts for citroen suspesion

if its a basic citroen suspension, why would be there trouble? besides, citroen/peugeot share same parts. its the local manufacturer and i live in europe.

>comfy suspension
            >reliable
            >cheap to buy and own
            >automatic
            >gasoline
            Something American. A number of models were adapted or even built in Europe.
            Do you really need a c-uckbox?

>Something American
            ok, will monitor for anything american, probably out of luck
            >Do you really need a c-uckbox?
            yes. because i want parking to be easy and i dont need huge car anyway

>why opel is shit
            Science is yet to find the answer to this mystery

no arguments, empty words. theres like shit ton of opels exported to central asia from europe. maybe they know something else - we dont.

>theyre all huge displacement
            3.5L is not huge, and that's like the largest they had as a hybrid if we exclude the LS

3.5l for europe is massive. thas like an average of 15l/100km fuel consumption in city. lets not forget that they are still slow even at that displacement. also parts are scarce

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>3.5l for europe is massive. thas like an average of 15l/100km fuel consumption in city
            Did you miss the words "hybrid" and "the largerst"? My RX weighs about 2.2 ton and consumes about 9 liters per 100 km with 3.5 L engine both city and highway (130 km/h or below, above it gets slightly higher)
            >they are still slow even at that displacement
            7 something seconds to 100, I don't think that's bad for an old heavy cuckover, especially combined with instant torque and no pauses for the gear changes. Cars like the GS with roughly the same powerplant are even faster, but I needed the trunk and foldable seats.
            >also parts are scarce
            Are you kidding? These are Toyotas that were (and still are) sold in Europe officially, we even got European versions of them sometimes mechanically different from the *merican. For example, mine has more capable brakes, thicker rotors and vented in the rear.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I DD a 2013 insignia hatchback for 2 years now, I never had trouble burning oil or any running gear/engine issues
            I only had the boot lid button fail which is a defective part on all opels from that era, rustproofing is also non-existent, but this is an opel after all
            I specifically looked for a gasoline engine insignia, I never heard good things about diesels

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

why is that fricking sedan called a hatchback?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

do you prefer liftback?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I was just nitpicking lol I guess I'm ok with both but I imagine hatchbacks to be more compact like a Golf (not the frickhuge new one) or an Astra but I'm probably a dummy

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

hatchback is a more official/documental term. liftback is a just a marketing name. though in cases of cars that look like sedan and have hatch - calling them lfitback would be more logical, as they not exactly hatchback. on the other hand - it also comes to styling. so how much hump on back is considered liftback or a hatchback?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nah, since you’re looking at cars so old that even a “reliable” car such as Avensis will still be a gamble at this age.
            An Avensis might ironically even be a bigger gamble than an Astra or a C4 since the shittiest Astras and C4s are already metal cubes, survival of the fittest, while many rusty Avensis are still trying to be sold by their owners since even the rustiest ones at least still start, but that car still won’t get you anywhere if the parking brake is stuck from corrosion.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>theyre all huge displacement
            3.5L is not huge, and that's like the largest they had as a hybrid if we exclude the LS

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>by the time i get on my hands it will be done well over 300k kms and will need a battery replacement.
            These batteries are built to last, and many of the times, even for cars that have mileage of tens of thousands of km, they still retain SoH of 95~100%.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>ev is not a viable solution yet, unless youre wealthy as heck and can afford having 5 different cars
        You can buy used, second hand EVs at a cheap. Just look for some old EVs that were previously owned by companies or decomissioned.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

holy ev shill kys

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/EG65LLZ.jpeg

Hi fellow DA

What daily driver in europe youd recommend? Owned and driven mainly german cars, so no idea what to expect from french/korean/japanese/brit cars and if theyre worth buying.

Need
        >comfy suspension
        >reliable
        >cheap to buy and own
        >automatic
        >gasoline

No Audi/VW, BMW, MB or anything related to that. If the make/model is really noticeably reliable, i can pay a little more for upkeep.

Opinions on pic related?

n52 e90, non xdrive
        or maybe m47/m57 if u a shitter
        buy a cheap one, fix it up, enjoy it, frick those fr*nch cars

idk wtf DA did with half of my reply

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bro wants to own and drive a cheap reliable car.

>"Hey have you heard about Teslas? Teslas are really cool I really like them because it's electric. Did you hear what I said? ELECTRIC. It runs on a battery! Isn't that wild! Petrol is bad for you either way and hurts the planet. I'd much rather spend most of my money on an electrical car! Have I told you how cheap it is to "fuel up"? haha get it?

Heh anyways, the fuel is in this instance actually electricity. And it costs you barely nothing. Some people complain about the life length of the batteries but so far mine has been great. I've only lost 30% capacity over the last 5 years, but I can just replace the batteries later on! It won't cost more than 15k dollars. Wowsers! "

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

agreed, heavy depreciation on EVs currently make them an utter bargain

ev is not a viable solution yet, unless youre wealthy as heck and can afford having 5 different cars, so you can pick an EV for sunday evening shopping. and also majority of ev cars are way newer than those i mentioned in original pic.

I am certainly not rich with 5 cars and am on my 4th electrified car (PHEV, EV, EV, PHEV, the latter two I still have) and absolutely love them, their levels of refinement are something that no ICE car could ever hope to achieve.

Diesel E-class

If you are a big fan of rust.....

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>opel/vauxhall
    i've seen 2 stoke motorcycles consume less oil
    >no vw
    get a skoda octavia/superb, frickers are bombproof.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Diesel E-class

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Then why did you post a fricking 508? Do you like hoisting your own petard?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i said prefferably. sometimes a bigger car costs less that its smaller counterpart while giving much more options/comfort/bang for the buck. i dont see many peugeots 508 around, some say theyre really comfortable, curious if its true.

>want to get away from VAG
      homosexual

i want something cheaper.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>i want something cheaper.
        There's some fricking high quality vag that isn't high maintenance, if you prefer the company of men that's on you.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What daily driver in europe youd recommend?
    whichever used toyota or lexus hybrid best suits your budget and needs.
    >c segment
    corolla(optionally the station wagon version)/camry/ES

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Citröen with hydractive suspension

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

there are gigantic differences in suspension, brakes, road noise between lets say bmw e90 and astra from your picrel despite almost no difference in price for used car
    reason being bmw still had nerdy motorsport oriented engineers loving their job back in these years while rest of those soulles shitboxes are designed by corporate drones

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

wait till you get a chance to repair vanos system. or get parts stolen from your bmw, can already see the joy of owning one. not to mention everything falling apart, besides maybe 3.0d engine, which im not interested in anyway

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

alr there is similar system in a basic engine astra too tho
        maybe you could find ls430 before they get 'classic' status

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy whatever you want. NO DIRECT INJECTION unless diesel. no dpf gay shit. no piss adblue garbage.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Peugeot 406 sedan, 3.0 V6.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>off by one
      >mfw

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

explain?

https://i.imgur.com/uUGB6J7.jpeg

peugeot 306 is reliable and relatively comfy car from my experience
        don't know how the autotragics work but my brother drives my fathers old 306 with 350tkm atleast on the dash

the one in your pic is way too old, you gotta understand. old car cant be reliable. its in service mode continuously

Where in europe are you? Because that will affect the price range.

its not about price range. also the availability of cars in given country/region. i need something that has features mentioned in original post. i have heard that citroen hydropneumatic suspension is very comfortable, but how about citroen with basic suspenion? is it still comfortable?

https://i.imgur.com/oM44UGV.png

>Opinions on pic related?
        junk
        Only good Europe cars in 30y come from VAG, BMW or MB. Rest is junk.
        I rather buy '02 pontiac grand am like pic rel, at least that GM junk will be cheap to run and reliable unlike france or italian crap.
        Allsow never buy japanese car made especially for EU market...and never ever buy japanese car made in other countries then Japan and USA.
        German cars are popular in europe for a reson.

>Only good Europe cars in 30y come from VAG, BMW or MB. Rest is junk.
        only if you DIY or pay huge prices for said maintenance. sure, i can also buy clapped out rolls royce and pay thousands of euros every week and have "muh european heritage and quality".
        > '02 pontiac grand am
        good luck finding parts
        > GM junk will be cheap to run and reliable unlike france or italian crap.
        GM is Opel, why opel is shit?
        >German cars are popular in europe for a reson.
        yes, because its a local manufacturer. as i said, i have nothing against german cars, i just dont wat to spend extra money for their maintanance.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>the one in your pic is way too old, you gotta understand. old car cant be reliable. its in service mode continuously
          from my experience older cars are actually more reliable than modern cars
          i drove a volvo 240 that was over 30 years old and it never had any problems

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ask me how i know that old cars are unreliable 🙂 stuffs constantly needs excessive attention

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

volvo 960

truthnuke
            actually op is a moron and deserves no serious answers

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i daily drive old bmws for like 10y, never pay much for maintenanc, they seem cheap. Regular i6 petrol tho, diesel are junk
          >parts for old pontaic
          Vro rockauto i order parts and get them in a week or faster. Parts for many older PSA or Renualt just doesn't exist. Good luck geting parts for citroen suspesion

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>diesel are junk
            why lie to the guy lol, every M57 in europe has cleared 600k on the original engine and trans.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>why opel is shit
          Science is yet to find the answer to this mystery

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

peugeot 306 is reliable and relatively comfy car from my experience
    don't know how the autotragics work but my brother drives my fathers old 306 with 350tkm atleast on the dash

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Where in europe are you? Because that will affect the price range.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Opinions on pic related?
    junk
    Only good Europe cars in 30y come from VAG, BMW or MB. Rest is junk.
    I rather buy '02 pontiac grand am like pic rel, at least that GM junk will be cheap to run and reliable unlike france or italian crap.
    Allsow never buy japanese car made especially for EU market...and never ever buy japanese car made in other countries then Japan and USA.
    German cars are popular in europe for a reson.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mondeo is the answer

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

arent those powershift automatics utter shit?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>arent those powershift automatics utter shit?
        The European Powershifts used in Fords and Volvos don't suffer the same sort of issues that happen in US Fords.

It can also be had with a 6 speed Aisin TF-80 auto on the Volvo T5 engined Mondeo

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

mondeo is rare breed honestly. and huge car as well. but ill keep in mind. focus seems like a better choice honestly.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Fords age exceptionally poorly

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>comfy suspension
    >reliable
    >cheap to buy and own
    >automatic
    >gasoline
    Something American. A number of models were adapted or even built in Europe.
    Do you really need a c-uckbox?

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get a toyota yaris with manual or hybrid and be happy with it.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

see, kinda tired of manuals, want something comfy. no hybrids too

https://i.imgur.com/ZtJnvpT.jpeg

>Citroen Jumpy :DDDDDDD

kinda looks nice, too big for me

volvo 960

truthnuke
      actually op is a moron and deserves no serious answers

>volvo 960
      bro just wants me to buy a project car
      >truthnuke
      yes, if you buy museum condition old car with 0 miles for 100k euros the car will be flawless

>comfy suspension
      >reliable
      >cheap to buy and own
      >automatic
      >gasoline
      CT200h

nice will look at it, trying to avoid hybrids tho

>3.5l for europe is massive. thas like an average of 15l/100km fuel consumption in city
      Did you miss the words "hybrid" and "the largerst"? My RX weighs about 2.2 ton and consumes about 9 liters per 100 km with 3.5 L engine both city and highway (130 km/h or below, above it gets slightly higher)
      >they are still slow even at that displacement
      7 something seconds to 100, I don't think that's bad for an old heavy cuckover, especially combined with instant torque and no pauses for the gear changes. Cars like the GS with roughly the same powerplant are even faster, but I needed the trunk and foldable seats.
      >also parts are scarce
      Are you kidding? These are Toyotas that were (and still are) sold in Europe officially, we even got European versions of them sometimes mechanically different from the *merican. For example, mine has more capable brakes, thicker rotors and vented in the rear.

>hybrid
      too complex, i have peeked under the hood of a hybrid. shits looks like spiders nest
      >7 something seconds to 100,
      well yes, youre right, hybrids are quick compared to conventional ICE
      >Are you kidding?
      oh brakes and suspension components are definitely not what scares me. try body panels or interior parts. you either end up with bad/broken one or pay OEM prices, which are astronomically high for toyota, let alone lexus.
      and some parts like broken/malfunctioning headlight is basically a 100% no pass on inspection

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>too complex
        For what? You're obviously a wrenchlet since you unironically wrote
        >i have peeked under the hood of a hybrid. shits looks like spiders nest
        and Priuses that have been around for almost three decades and are as close to a low running costs high mileage capable car as you can probably get. Europe gets almost exclusively hybrid models for more than a decade (because stricter emissions), so a lot of shops know how to deal with them.
        >oh brakes and suspension components are definitely not what scares me.
        It's what you're going to replace more frequently because those are maintenance items.
        >try body panels or interior parts
        Replaced the windshield through the Lexus dealership a couple of years ago with no fuss, saw a number of cars like mine at the breaker's yard (idk how you call these places in your country). Maybe your country is different, but it's worth checking. I believe the only body part that's hard to find cheap for a car like mine is the panoramic roof (moonroof), but I bought one with the sunroof instead because of that. If you aren't going to drive like a moron, you won't be paying for the external body parts that aren't wear items anyway, the insurance company will.
        >or pay OEM prices, which are astronomically high for toyota, let alone lexus.
        Not exactly, the windshield was in the ballpark for the HUD-compatible OEM windshields for other brands.
        >some parts like broken/malfunctioning headlight is basically a 100% no pass on inspection
        Other costly body parts like LED headlights were the same last time I checked. And that's for their top of the line cuckover of the time. Cars, especially branded Toyota, tend to be cheaper. I rented a hybrid Auris Wagon around 2016, found it very nice for the money. Actually, that car was the main reason I bought a hybrid for myself.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>wrenchlet
          anon,have you read the original post? does a car being cheap to own and reliable sounds to you like im a mechanic? i dont have place nor the motivation to fix that shit. if youre DIY mechanic , then good for you, might as well buy mercedes s-class and have a good one.

>a lot of shops know how to deal with them.
          agree, but that comes at a price. if i have the choice to buy non-hybrid VS hybrid, then i just get non-hybrid. why do i have to put myself at risk when something gonna eventually fail and then spend cash on fixing that stuff? in basic NA ICE gasoline, theres little to no going wrong. basic maintenance.

>It's what you're going to replace more frequently because those are maintenance items.
          yes, theres plenty of that stuff to obtain. no worries.

>windshield through the Lexus dealership
          name the price. probably costs more than my whole car.

> If you aren't going to drive like a moron
          bro, some druggie or alcoholic will pass by your car in bad mood, smashes the car and youre done. no ones gonna find him, no ones gonna pay you either. you just dont conside all the risks. you just buy because you want. see, thats moneyt issue. if i were rich as heck, i wouldnt be sitting here on this board asking what used car to buy

>Not exactly, the windshield was in the ballpark for the HUD-compatible OEM windshields for other brands.
          listen, i know what i talk about. open up your local shop for parts. search for brand new xenon headlight for your lexus and attach pic with shown price. we'll discuss

you have never owned a good car and never will
          wrenchlet pussy

are youj trying to get an achievemtn on DA board for most shitposts? i dont understand what are you trying to say? get a life

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>does a car being cheap to own and reliable sounds to you like im a mechanic?
            Why not? I meant that your assessment of the engine compartment is a bit silly and the apparent (or real) complexity should not matter for you if the car is reliable enough.
            >in basic NA ICE gasoline, theres little to no going wrong.
            In relatively modern vehicles a lot can go wrong, and some small and obscure part can cost a lot. You'll never know until you do some research about typical problems.
            >name the price. probably costs more than my whole car.
            About €1k, but that's only because of the HUD option I wanted my car to have. Without it I would have gone with Chinese aftermarket glass (about 150 €), had great success with them in my truck.
            >some druggie or alcoholic will pass by your car in bad mood, smashes the car and youre done
            If you worry about that either buy a full cover insurance plan or count the money you saved by not buying it for years, compare it with potential repair costs and stop worrying, as I did on my third or fourth year of car ownership. Consider paid organized parking if it's cheaper. Pay more attention where you leave your car. I mean I'm from Eastern Europe and I somehow was able to evade this fate for more than a decade.
            >you just dont conside all the risks. you just buy because you want.
            Nope, I probably do, and I definitely do a lot of research before buying. I'm not trying to suggest buying the same car I bought, only sharing my experience with hybrids from Toyota, because I consider them less troublesome and pretty cheap regarding the running costs, especially compared to Germans, and well-suited to European roads and fuel prices.
            >search for brand new xenon headlight for your lexus and attach pic with shown price
            Mine doesn't have xenon headlights. And again, I'm not telling you to buy the same car I have with the options I have. Go look how much a Prius or Auris or CT200h headlight costs, these are the hybrids mentioned by me or the others.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you have never owned a good car and never will
        wrenchlet pussy

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>oh brakes and suspension components are definitely not what scares m
        helped to get brake discs/pads for a 2000's corolla of a friend few years back, was more expensive than on a e-class that I also did at the time. and I just helped to get rear springs for my brothers lexus: no aftermarket parts available in europe, stealership wanted spacerocket money, had to order from fricking dubai do get a ok-ish price which is like 2x compared to euro cars..
        have to be a masochist to buy a used toyota/lexus in europe.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Citroen Jumpy :DDDDDDD

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>comfy suspension
    >reliable
    >cheap to buy and own
    >automatic
    >gasoline
    CT200h

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The C5/508 are a solid choice as long as you avoid the 1.6 THP engine.

Source: I used to own one, driven it to 280K. Aside from the THP engine being a b***h it never had any issues. 2.0 is your best bet for petrol. 2.2 for the diesel which is bulletproof.

P.S, the 508 and C5 are pretty much the same car

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>P.S, the 508 and C5 are pretty much the same car
      No they're not, hydropneumatic suspension is a thing on the C5 and can be a b***h

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Audi A3 is undisputed king of european compact cars. The fact that these 1st generation ones still drive frequently literally everywhere from Spain to Latvia says a lot about the quality.
    2nd generation is even better. 3rd generation starts to be troublesome.
    Can use cheap parts shared with most of Audi and VW or Skoda cars, dirt cheap to maitain, and in fun top model with Quattro options if powerful enough.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

And really doesn't matter if you get old early 2000s ones or later models.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/y8HAUGa.jpeg

And really doesn't matter if you get old early 2000s ones or later models.

Those are pretty solid. My dad has been driving a 2nd gen A3 (manual, I think with the 1.9 TDI) for almost 20 years now. The local Audi service center barely needs to do anything to the thing.
      No engine, transmission or major electrical problems. The tow bar's electrics sometimes need to have their fuse pulled for a moment to get trailer turn signals working.
      A couple centimeters of the front left spring snapped off in an overbuilt speed bump once. Didn't break anything else.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah. I have 1.9 TDI as well, 130 horsed version, 1st generation. There's so much torque that thing can tow a boat. Seriously. 350 Nm if I remember right. In a fricking compact. 4x4 drive helps too. And they never break down. Even if something is damaged, you can still drive to a nearest service.
        The car is ugly as every german turd but it's just damn good and mogs every other european compact ever.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Audi A3 is undisputed king of european compact cars
      Absolutely.
      >3rd generation starts to be troublesome
      I have to disagree I drive a 3rd gen that was used in my family's driving school. So it definitely wasn't handled with a lot of care. No technical issues at all. The interior quality is way better than what you would get in a VW or something comparable. 1,8l diesel is extremely economic.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

nice joke anon. come back and tell your experience after owning TSI engine with multitronic troony

[...]
      Those are pretty solid. My dad has been driving a 2nd gen A3 (manual, I think with the 1.9 TDI) for almost 20 years now. The local Audi service center barely needs to do anything to the thing.
      No engine, transmission or major electrical problems. The tow bar's electrics sometimes need to have their fuse pulled for a moment to get trailer turn signals working.
      A couple centimeters of the front left spring snapped off in an overbuilt speed bump once. Didn't break anything else.

>manual
      >TDI
      thats the catch, im not looking for diesel manual

suggesting audi a3/s3 is like cheating
      obviously it shits on everything else but cmon be more creative

s3 is really good honestly. as euro car. but the fact that you can get 2.0TFSI A3 with quattro or not, makes S3 absolutely useless and overpriced junk. you literally have to spend double or triple money of A3 for S3 and you barely get anything. heck a portion of them are 2 doors, when regular A3 2.0L can be bought 4 doors.

>does a car being cheap to own and reliable sounds to you like im a mechanic?
      Why not? I meant that your assessment of the engine compartment is a bit silly and the apparent (or real) complexity should not matter for you if the car is reliable enough.
      >in basic NA ICE gasoline, theres little to no going wrong.
      In relatively modern vehicles a lot can go wrong, and some small and obscure part can cost a lot. You'll never know until you do some research about typical problems.
      >name the price. probably costs more than my whole car.
      About €1k, but that's only because of the HUD option I wanted my car to have. Without it I would have gone with Chinese aftermarket glass (about 150 €), had great success with them in my truck.
      >some druggie or alcoholic will pass by your car in bad mood, smashes the car and youre done
      If you worry about that either buy a full cover insurance plan or count the money you saved by not buying it for years, compare it with potential repair costs and stop worrying, as I did on my third or fourth year of car ownership. Consider paid organized parking if it's cheaper. Pay more attention where you leave your car. I mean I'm from Eastern Europe and I somehow was able to evade this fate for more than a decade.
      >you just dont conside all the risks. you just buy because you want.
      Nope, I probably do, and I definitely do a lot of research before buying. I'm not trying to suggest buying the same car I bought, only sharing my experience with hybrids from Toyota, because I consider them less troublesome and pretty cheap regarding the running costs, especially compared to Germans, and well-suited to European roads and fuel prices.
      >search for brand new xenon headlight for your lexus and attach pic with shown price
      Mine doesn't have xenon headlights. And again, I'm not telling you to buy the same car I have with the options I have. Go look how much a Prius or Auris or CT200h headlight costs, these are the hybrids mentioned by me or the others.

>Why not?
      anon i can change bulbs, cabin filters and all that stuff. what im not doing is dropping the troony and rebuilding it or changing worn brakes, because i have experienced of that bullshit enough. all fricking rusted to shit breaks apart.
      >In relatively modern vehicles a lot can go wrong
      listen, im trying to minimize here risks. even a horse sometimes gets sick
      >About €1k
      thanks for mentioning, im done here with you. im not spending more than 200euros for a piece of glass.
      >buy a full cover insurance plan
      your thoughts are clever and reasonable, but you dont get the point. why pay more than you can afford and then but some full coverage, when you can buy cheap and save twice?

>oh brakes and suspension components are definitely not what scares m
      helped to get brake discs/pads for a 2000's corolla of a friend few years back, was more expensive than on a e-class that I also did at the time. and I just helped to get rear springs for my brothers lexus: no aftermarket parts available in europe, stealership wanted spacerocket money, had to order from fricking dubai do get a ok-ish price which is like 2x compared to euro cars..
      have to be a masochist to buy a used toyota/lexus in europe.

when did this occur? i mean its a 2000s corolla, age near classic status.

https://i.imgur.com/2vxvHuA.png

I DD a 2013 insignia hatchback for 2 years now, I never had trouble burning oil or any running gear/engine issues
      I only had the boot lid button fail which is a defective part on all opels from that era, rustproofing is also non-existent, but this is an opel after all
      I specifically looked for a gasoline engine insignia, I never heard good things about diesels

thanks anon. what engine? 2.0 or 2.8?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>what engine? 2.0 or 2.8?
        1.6 turbo, wanted to get the 1.8 or 2.0 NA, but couldn't find one that wasn't driven to the ground
        Turbo kicks in at 2.2k revs, the car is surprisingly nimble

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

its FWD right? why did you buy insingia in the first place?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Was the best value for money for a D segment car in a 100km radius, bought it to ferry my extended family around

How's the fuel consumption? 2.0T Ecotec was an unpleasant surprise for me in this regard

Highway consumption is spectacular, I can do ~1000km in one 70l tank, 600 for city driving

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>~1000km in one 70l tank
            Isn't 7 liters / 100 km pretty mediocre these days?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

im not the owner of insignia, but gotta agree, 7l is nothing spectacular for highway. i blame probably size and weight. then again, this isnt 2024 car. made in like early 2010s which isnt todays "standarts" of fuel economy

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

im not the owner of insignia, but gotta agree, 7l is nothing spectacular for highway. i blame probably size and weight. then again, this isnt 2024 car. made in like early 2010s which isnt todays "standarts" of fuel economy

My 5 cyl s60 from 2001 uses less fuel than that if I want to.

It's tuned and I'm always driving pedal to the metal and I'm getting the same mileage as you do.

Once managed to get it down to 0.6l per 10km but I drove like a gay

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>diesel
            lol
            lmao even

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Who got a diesel? You?

s60 is petrol.

If it was diesel i'd be getting 0.4 average

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

go back homosexual
            and take your shitty units with you

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's the same fricking units you fricking idiot lmao

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>It's the same fricking units

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Youre fricking moronic and you voluntarily bought an opel in modern times.

Opel sold its soul long ago and buying an opel today is one of the most idiotic things you can do. Hope your headgasket is leaking and that your EGR-valve gets clogged

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what are you talking about moron?
            and no, 0.4 l/10km is not the same as 0.4 l/100km, its a different unit, but I dont think you will get it, as you clearly have room temperature IQ

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How fricking dumb are you. It's the same unit but instead of per 100km its per 10km. ANd thats why I made sure to point out I was talking about 10km/l and not 100km/10l

It's the same fricking measuring system just smaller numbers or are you too stupid to comprehend this shit

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yes its the same measuring system
            no its not the same unit

you think you are smart but you cant differentiate between those two basic things
            oh and we were talking about liters per X kilometer, why are you switching it around all of a sudden? guess its just low IQ things and I wouldnt get it
            go back homosexual, stop embarrasing yourself

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Black person really throwing semantics.

A liter is a measuring unit for a specific measuring system. Going from 7l to 0,7l doesn't mean you changed the measuring unit. It's still measured in units of liters you fricking bulgarian moron.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

fine, I will explain it to you so you could hopefully understand it
            the unit isnt liter
            its liter per 100km
            so no, 7 l/100km is not the same as 0.7 l/100km
            its not the same unit

thank you for making me laugh at your stupidity, stop replying, you embarrased yourself enough

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How hard are you tweaking right now? DId you take your meds?

No one has ever said 0.7l/100km is the same. Only you.

I simplified and turned 7l/100km into 0.7l/10km and you are unable to grasp this concept. You are unable to even grasp the relevance of this which is why you are freaking out about it. You are literally unable to perceive the relevance of 0.7l/10km when you wrote 7l/100km.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>No one has ever said 0.7l/100km is the same. Only you.

>It's the same fricking units you fricking idiot lmao

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

omg no way I was right.

I never said 0.7l/100km was the same as 7l/100km

And I said that liters is liters! Thank you kind stranger! Reddit gold to you!

>You're the one who for some reason interpreted 0.7l/10km as 0.7l/100 and I was calling YOU a fricking moron for it
            show me where I did that

oh wait you cant, you are just losing the argument and you figured thats the way to make me look like I did, I guess?
            man you are funny

Ok who was the moron who first replied to me, was it you?

Because that moron thought when I wrote 0.7/l that I was referring to a diesel engine using 0.7/l per 100km.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

NTA, but try to answer the following question:
            Are meter and decimeter the same unit or not?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Is this whole argument a cultural thing?

Is the norm in central eu to say "5 liters per 100km"

Where I am at, if you talk mileage. It's always: "It uses 0,5 liters per 10km"

We don't say: "it uses 5 deciliters per 10km"

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Is this whole argument a cultural thing?
            Idk, I think you guys just needed a reason to vent, I'm a passerby.
            >Is the norm in central eu to say "5 liters per 100km"
            Yes.
            >Where I am at, if you talk mileage. It's always: "It uses 0,5 liters per 10km"
            Never been to such a place. What country is that?
            >We don't say: "it uses 5 deciliters per 10km"
            Try answering my question first.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes it's different of course but who the frick ever uses deciliters and mileage in the same context? To me this is really foreign and I suspect what these guys freaked out on is that I still perceived 0,5l as liters since this is what I'm accustomed to.

I've heard from foreigners in my country that our language(culture) is moronic compared to other parts of europe.

Had many of these debates surrounding stupid shit.

Such as ocean/sea definition. What is an ocean, and what is a sea. You have the north sea, and the pacific ocean. But in my culture/way of thinking these are the same. We only have one word for ocean.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Yes it's different of course
            Glad you understand that. Now look at yours:
            >liters per 100 km
            >liters per 10 km
            are the units and they are ten times different, same as meter and decimeter.
            >I still perceived 0,5l as liters since this is what I'm accustomed to.
            Liter is the unit of volume, not consumption. Volume per distance is consumption, and I believe the thing you can't grasp is called a compound unit of measure.
            >I've heard from foreigners in my country that our language(culture) is moronic compared to other parts of europe.
            Never said anything about the moronation, I'm genuinely interested which country is that. I mean, we have Bongs around, they use the Imperial system and MPGs, but the gallon is different from what Burgers use. Your division by ten is child's play compared to that.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not him but i think km/L is used in spain and portugal
            Why they do it idk

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thanks. km/liter is like MPG but metric. Dunno about the reason, maybe it's easier to multiply than to divide for some.

Yes it's different of course but who the frick ever uses deciliters and mileage in the same context? To me this is really foreign and I suspect what these guys freaked out on is that I still perceived 0,5l as liters since this is what I'm accustomed to.

I've heard from foreigners in my country that our language(culture) is moronic compared to other parts of europe.

Had many of these debates surrounding stupid shit.

Such as ocean/sea definition. What is an ocean, and what is a sea. You have the north sea, and the pacific ocean. But in my culture/way of thinking these are the same. We only have one word for ocean.

>What is an ocean, and what is a sea.
            >But in my culture/way of thinking these are the same.
            I'm trying to guess now. Finnish?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And to further prove my point of how stupid you are.

You thought I was writing 0.7l per 100km, and you thought I meant a fricking diesel?

Jesus fricking christ show me a diesel with that mileage

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

holy frick you couldnt even wait for me to reply to again show how stupid you are
            I thought it was the same unit why are you now saying 0.7l/100km as to fit your narrative?
            And stop making shit up "you thought", lmao you really are low IQ

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Black person show me where I originally wrote 0.7/l per 100km. You're the one who for some reason interpreted 0.7l/10km as 0.7l/100 and I was calling YOU a fricking moron for it

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You're the one who for some reason interpreted 0.7l/10km as 0.7l/100 and I was calling YOU a fricking moron for it
            show me where I did that

oh wait you cant, you are just losing the argument and you figured thats the way to make me look like I did, I guess?
            man you are funny

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>70l tank, 600 for city driving
            So 11.6 l/100km city? Pretty much the same I get from the 2.0T, but isn't it a bit high for such a light small car with I4?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How's the fuel consumption? 2.0T Ecotec was an unpleasant surprise for me in this regard

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>what im not doing is dropping the troony and rebuilding it
        I mean even for a professional mechanic there's no reason to not want a cheap and reliable car.
        >thanks for mentioning, im done here with you. im not spending more than 200euros for a piece of glass.
        Can you read? Cheaper option was 150, I wrote that in the following sentence.
        >why pay more than you can afford and then but some full coverage, when you can buy cheap and save twice?
        I wrote that you can save money by not buying it in the next sentence. At this point I'm starting to realize why exactly you want a solution you perceive as simple. Have a good day, I hope you'll find the car that satisfies your needs.

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

suggesting audi a3/s3 is like cheating
    obviously it shits on everything else but cmon be more creative

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I was hit by a Toyota Avensis and survived with just a fractured ankle so I can commend its pedestrian safety

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>automatic
    >no vw
    im gonna keep walking

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why Europe doesn't incentivize ethanol instead of being cucked by chinesium evs?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Idk, I thought they like being cucked
      Or rather their politicians like being paid by various 3rd parties while their citizens electing these politicians are okay with such cuckery.
      Take a look at their energy policies like investing into renewables and relying on hydrocarbon imports while abandoning the nuclear power (except Frogs)

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Take a look at their energy policies like investing into renewables and relying on hydrocarbon imports while abandoning the nuclear power (except Frogs)
        Nice made up statistics, only germany. Many european countries are building new nuclear plants with french tech, finland just finished new one and is planning to build more. Germany will eventually learn too, but im not sure even if people realize that germany has huge deposits of black coal in their soil for next century so let them use it. Also EU is about to became energy independent by next decade.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, out of how many countries only a dozen has them and out of that dozen only France has enough of them to matter. That's basically what I meant.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Also speaking of made up stuff, take a look at your own pic:
          >G*rms have a pic with 9 reactors
          >(while having zero operational in reality)
          >Frogs have 58
          >these 9 and 58 are almost the same size
          I hereby proclaim you a homosexual and a possible EV shill

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>french tech, finland just finished new one and is planning to build more.
          Slight correction: Finland will NEVER buy french again.
          The frog reactor was over a decade behind schedule and went so far over budget that it became one of the most expensive buildings on planet earth. And it's not even a whole nuclear power plant--just one reactor unit.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It sort of is incentivized, at least in my corner of Yurop. E85 costs maybe 2/3 the price of bottom tier gasoline (approximately US "premium"). Few cars are certified to run on it, though, and flexfuel mods may require costly re-approval inspections in some countries.
      I don't think there's enough farmland to grow enough corn or whatever anyways. The varying but small amount of ethanol in 95E10 is mostly made from biowaste around here.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sugarcane produces a lot more ethanol than beets or corn. You would be at the hands of brazil and the us instead of the middle east and china.

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I really broke you didnt I?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Final test:

0,7l/10km

7l/100km

What is the difference.

No google

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Final test:
        >0,7l/10km
        >7l/100km
        >What is the difference.
        >No google

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bro can't even fricking answer lmao

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Is this whole argument a cultural thing?

Is the norm in central eu to say "5 liters per 100km"

Where I am at, if you talk mileage. It's always: "It uses 0,5 liters per 10km"

We don't say: "it uses 5 deciliters per 10km"

25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Used lexus if they're in europe as much as they are here in Amerifat. Especially a used LS350, killer car on toyota-reliable bags. Look up the most relaible year through different sites, and then pull the trigger.

Otherwise, I'm sorry but I don't live in the EU.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not OP, but Lexus is a pretty rare brand around here, and tends to cost more than many new cars even when well used.
      They're pretty much all hybrids too, and the OP wanted a cheap gasoline car.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lexuses arent that common, and 3.5l is too huge displacement.

agreed, heavy depreciation on EVs currently make them an utter bargain
      [...]
      I am certainly not rich with 5 cars and am on my 4th electrified car (PHEV, EV, EV, PHEV, the latter two I still have) and absolutely love them, their levels of refinement are something that no ICE car could ever hope to achieve.
      [...]
      If you are a big fan of rust.....

dont care about your ev enthusiasm

Fords age exceptionally poorly

actually that mondeo looks fresh, obviously a bit old

Need
      >comfy suspension
      >reliable
      >cheap to buy and own
      >automatic
      >gasoline

You need a Toyota Auris / Avensis / Corolla, made right here in the UK, that fits your bill

thinking the same

See [...]
      OP thinks Toyota’s spare parts are too expensive and dislike VAG.
      My bet is that he’s going to end up in a C4 or an Astra and Kia Ceed is my dark horse.

toyotas parts are not rare, atleast auris/corolla. plenty of these cars on the roads. lexus on the other hand is way more rare.

26. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Need
    >comfy suspension
    >reliable
    >cheap to buy and own
    >automatic
    >gasoline

You need a Toyota Auris / Avensis / Corolla, made right here in the UK, that fits your bill

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

See

see, kinda tired of manuals, want something comfy. no hybrids too

[...]
      kinda looks nice, too big for me

[...]
      >volvo 960
      bro just wants me to buy a project car
      >truthnuke
      yes, if you buy museum condition old car with 0 miles for 100k euros the car will be flawless

[...]
      nice will look at it, trying to avoid hybrids tho

[...]
      >hybrid
      too complex, i have peeked under the hood of a hybrid. shits looks like spiders nest
      >7 something seconds to 100,
      well yes, youre right, hybrids are quick compared to conventional ICE
      >Are you kidding?
      oh brakes and suspension components are definitely not what scares me. try body panels or interior parts. you either end up with bad/broken one or pay OEM prices, which are astronomically high for toyota, let alone lexus.
      and some parts like broken/malfunctioning headlight is basically a 100% no pass on inspection

OP thinks Toyota’s spare parts are too expensive and dislike VAG.
      My bet is that he’s going to end up in a C4 or an Astra and Kia Ceed is my dark horse.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *