F-body Camaro's or Better

Post the best F-Body or Better Camaro you got. If it isn't running or Perfectly Modified or Stock, It won't hurt the Thread!

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I cant tell due to the lighting anon, is thst silver or pewter? Those 98-02s came in Pewter and it was a sick color with a really nice flake in it.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

This 99 F-Body is in Pewter Color!~

How much fun are these things? Still trying to find a first car and all I want is power and probably RWD + manual. I don't need storage or anything etc. Just 4 seats and 2 doors.

These Get the job done. Depending on a a commuter car or a Car for hobby enthusiasm0
      Hobby 10/10 Commuter V6/10

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Yeah man. Looks gold in some light, silver in other light. Cool color, man.

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

How much fun are these things? Still trying to find a first car and all I want is power and probably RWD + manual. I don't need storage or anything etc. Just 4 seats and 2 doors.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Amazing and stupid-easy to wrench on. Also parts are cheap since they share a ton of parts with basically all GM cars from 1995-2008. 6 speed manual for max enjoyment. Auto for max acceleration. Just get a 3200rpm stall torque converter, a hotter cam, intake, exhaust, some drag radials, and run 11s all day. They handle surprisingly well and even moreso with upgraded suspension. The only downside is the interior is garbage.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I have a ws6 with the t56 and can assure you that the auto (4l60e) does not accelerate faster nor shift faster. There is a reason no one wants the auto lol. The t56 also has internal over-travel stops, so pair that with a short throwshifter and you can make lighting fast gear changes. My MGW has about 2" of travel In all directions, so I can shift in a fraction of a second when I get on the pedal. Fun note: the 4th gen is basically just an updated third gen. They share the same chassis and a lot of parts. This is why they still used gen 1 airbags, ancient GM columns, older door handle, and still used two keys (ignition and doors).

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Fair enough. A buddy of mine like 7 years ago had an auto and put a high stall torque converter in is transmission and his 60’ times were monstrous coupled with some nitto drag radials for a RWD car.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Stall converters don't make a car faster, it just allows you to idle higher without the car stalling out. It is necessary for running a cam that requires high idle. So whatever cam he had made him quick, the stall is just a necessary change. Manuals don't have this issue since you can just disengage the clutch, can't disengage a torque converter.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You have to be 18 to post here. Torque Converters multiply torque and when properly built and matched to the engine, allow the car to leave in the powerband. Torque is what accelerates the car and higher stall speeds allow more leverage to the rear tires, accelerating the car quicker.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Bro wtf are you talking about? None of what you said about high stalls is true. It has nothing to do with idle speed or stalling the engine, its the rpm at which the torque converter "stall" is set for, everything under that slips during launch so you can start in the meat of the powerband.
            t. My current cammed car idles at 700 but has a high stall converter that stalls at 3000

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>camaro driver too stupid to use t. correctly
            Sounds about right

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Post body, no one cares what a weak homosexual posts

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

body, no one cares what a weak homosexual posts

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Meat me somewhere, twink b***h

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>ws6

choice. The only thing more recherche is the firebird “formula”..

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yeah no one bothered getting the formula back in the day, the trans am was nicer looking and barely more expensive. There are some guys out there who love that stealth look though. I got my ws6 about 8 years ago from the original owner, I only have 55k miles on it.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>55k miles
            >20 year old car

Take your tongue outta my ass. No way.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

There's a 60k miles 07 Milan on Craigslist for $7200. There's shit out there man, some people really kept shit hidden in a garage. There are Camaros like this out there but like $20+ easy.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yep bought it with 30k back in 2014. Original owner was wheelchair bound and couldn't drive stick anymore so his wife would just take it on weekly drives around their retirement community to keep it fresh. It's a time capsule for sure, bone stock. I drove it my final year of HS and a little in college before getting my truck. After that it just became a casual weekend cruiser. Still looks fairly new, interior is especially mint.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

dont be worried to drive the shit out of one of these then engine swap it and keep rolling. Put subframe connectors in so it doesnt get too sloppy

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I remembered everyone having the formula's! If you didn't bring a formula to the takeover then you couldn't race..

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Awesome! Thanks for sharing about your gearbox's upgrades and modifications, I will take all those things into consideration during my project build.

Fair enough. A buddy of mine like 7 years ago had an auto and put a high stall torque converter in is transmission and his 60’ times were monstrous coupled with some nitto drag radials for a RWD car.

I would've chipped an auto F-body back in the day too and assumed that it gave me a Higher Acceleration.

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/north-royalton-camaro-z28/7486478114.html

What do? Worth? I was told the engine is weaker than the 98-02 ones and less mpg.

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I have 2 f body's. One on the left I got for 5k. It's a 99 auto ls1 with 135k miles.the paint is rough plus no ac. I'll be selling it. I bought the car on the right 3 days ago. It's a manual 1998 with 85k miles and bone stock for $14k. The manual is a night and day difference in performance and feel.

Now I have to make the decision if I'll molest the 98 and do exhaust and a cam. What would you anons do?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

If you're gonna put a cam in it you're gonna want to do a higher flow fuel pump and bigger injectors.
      Might as well get the heads ported, better springs, lifters, better oil pump and do the timing chain at the same time.
      Then prepare to put a 9" in the rear end and shocks/springs/subframe connectors.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

hello fellow white trash
    don't have any good pics of it on my phone unfortunately, just this one from when some b***h parked too close to me

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

that b***h has better spacial awareness than you lmao, they are parked perfectly at the edge of their space, you are parked like mids trash

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

4th gen f-bodies are great. From stock the only thing you NEED to do is change shocks and springs.

There's a direct bolt on, upgrade, or reproduction available for just about every single part on the car.

When buying one you just wanna make sure the coolant hasn't been neglected, especially in the earlier 3.8s when dexcool was new. And check under the carpet for rust from window or ttop leaks.

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I used to have an irrational hate for the fourth gens, stemming from Gran Turismo, now I want one but Im in Aus

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I love my LS, nothing else comes close to the fun per dollar

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Based Mopar gay

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

What? GM isnt mopar. Fricking summerposters, man

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *