Anonymous

Imagine this coming at you.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

not very quickly i presume?
      dude looks like he moves glacially

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, wait until you own one for a while, have to work on it yourself, have to pay someone to work on it, and you notice all the bullshit shortcuts taken on something that's supposed to be heavy duty. I have a 5.9 4 door long bed dually. Out of all the vehicles I own, this one is the necessity and pisses me off the most.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Should have gotten the V10.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Maybe. When this thing isn't being a pain in my ass it gets 21-24 mpg with motorcycles in the bed. 16-18 with the bikes and towing the RV. My gas truck gets half that, and I can't tow the bikes and the RV. It's either or with terrible fuel mileage.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

how tf are you getting 21-24 with a 5.9 i'm getting 12-13

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

It's only 2wd, and a 24v. Stock tires, with 2.5 inch leveling kit. I also live in the country, so there's no traffic or stop lights/signs. I also usually let the truck drag me up to speed rather than getting on it. I can go down to 15-16 in the city if I have to spend any significant amount of time there. I run my exhaust brake all the time as well. It keeps me from using the brakes.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

do you have a manual or an automatic? & i thought the 5.9 didn't have exhaust brakes

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Auto. I just rebuilt the trans as well. It's harder getting to 24 on my new build, but I can do 21-22 all day long. I'm not sure if this came with the exhaust brake, since I bought it used, but I have a pacbrake on it. Pretty sure when you got towing packages back then they used 3rd party parts like brake controllers and such, whereas now everything would be dodge. I can easily get 60-70k out of pads because I run it all day. Cruise control also fricks your miles because it's stupid. Catch your speed on the downhill so you can maintain throttle uphill rather than getting on it more.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>bought a 2010 F250
      >turns out it has arguably the worst diesel engine in the history of Ford trucks
      >suddenly starts having problems while towing upstate one day where it constantly stalls

Frick Ford. I should have listened to the boomers and bought a Chevy.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>turns out it has arguably the worst diesel engine in the history of Ford trucks
        lol it's not even arguable. It is by far the worst. It's arguably the worst diesel motor in the history of diesel motors.
        >Frick Ford. I should have listened to the boomers and bought a Chevy.
        You could have just asked Ford mechanics and they would have told you not to buy the 6.4

I only know one guy with a good 6.4, and I'm convinced it's because he lives in a land of perpetual winter and his motor will never get hot enough to crack. The best truck would be Ford cab/electronics, dodge motor, and Chevy trans. I still have no idea why those 3 haven't come together to give the people what they want.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Can confirm. Uncle has same truck like Anon's. It's been given him a headache that he dailies his son's old truck while he's in the military.
          He uses it on some occasions and it still works as he recently took it on a long road trip, but most of the time it's parked in his barn.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>It's arguably the worst diesel motor in the history of diesel motors.
          Allow me to present the 2.5 VM Motori engine as found in many Euro cars during the 1980s and 90s (including the export model XJ Cherokee)
          >Marine diesel adapted for road use
          >4 individual cylinder heads
          >Heads head gaskets as it was designed to have much, much more cooling that is available in a road car
          >Uses more oil than diesel
          >Gets no better fuel economy than the 4.0 in a Jeep or the 3.5 V8 in a Range Rover
          >Almost universally despised by anyone that's ever had one
          At least it's an old school mechanical diesel so when it breaks it's easier to pull everything out and drop in a halfway decent motor, like an Isuzu 2.8

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Don't forget the Oldsmobile diesel engines which were built with some gasoline engine designs for tooling compatibility. Between that and a few other flaws, plus shitty diesel fuel at the time, they pretty much killed the idea of domestic commuter diesels in the US.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>6.4
          theres your problem

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

They're supposed to be heavy duty, but the basic bones of a truck need to be cheap so the base models will sell. It's frustrating.

how tf are you getting 21-24 with a 5.9 i'm getting 12-13

Something is wrong with your truck if you're getting 13 mpg unloaded with a 5.9 Cummins. My 12 valve 4x4 5sp typically gets 20-22.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>Something is wrong with your truck if you're getting 13 mpg unloaded with a 5.9 Cummins. My 12 valve 4x4 5sp typically gets 20-22.
        Damn dude, that's the highest I've heard from a 12v guy. But I agree he's gotta be doing something wrong, or just living in a city. My shit drops way low in cities with low speed limits and lots of stops.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

> something wrong, or just living in a city.
          >or

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

My 6.7 5 ton box truck gets 10-12mpg city only driving it with no regard for fuel economy. I bet he's running heavy ass tires and rims.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

They're supposed to be heavy duty, but the basic bones of a truck need to be cheap so the base models will sell. It's frustrating.

[...]
            Something is wrong with your truck if you're getting 13 mpg unloaded with a 5.9 Cummins. My 12 valve 4x4 5sp typically gets 20-22.

for reference I have the 34re 4 speed automatic * a solid steel flat bed with 4 built in boxes

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yeah. I notice a dip just going to a/t's that are the same size. When I go back to road tires it's all good.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

It's a bone stock 91.5, no big injectors or big tires or anything, so it should be almost as good as they get. My speedometer does seem to read about 10% faster compared to GPS, so maybe 18-20 would be more accurate. City driving does drop it pretty quick, but I don't do much of that.

>buying any Dodge diesel truck made after 1998.5
          >buying any Ford diesel truck made after 1994
          >buying any GM diesel
          BIG yikes

3rd gen Rams were alright up until 04.5, whenever they added the emissions junk. You'd definitely want to have the manual transmission, but that's a pretty universal rule for Chryslers.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>5.9
      theres your problem

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

diesel is a scam and whoever buys it deserves all the misery that comes their way

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>buying any Dodge diesel truck made after 1998.5
    >buying any Ford diesel truck made after 1994
    >buying any GM diesel
    BIG yikes

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>buying any GM diesel
      6.5TD is the best bang for your buck diesel. Cheap, reliable, decent mpg's and pre-emissions + it's generally paired with the 4L80e which is also a damn good troony.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

The 6.5 is junk. There is a reason you rarely see them on the road anymore.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Except I see them all the time(and not just the one I daily) and the engine is still being produced and used in marine applications to this day.
          So yeah, tell me what's wrong with it and I'll tell you why you're wrong

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I heard they get decent mpgs, does yours?
            I have a 6.6 duramax and besides it overheating easily it does alright. The Allison transmission is really nice.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

15 to 18 mpg which I do consider to be decent enough for a vehicle of this size and age

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Except I see them all the time
            No you dont. What you see is 350 trucks with 6.5 front bumpers because they are the most common part in every junkyard.

If it was worth a damn GM wouldve used them for longer than a measly 8 years lmao.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Nah bro. I forgot to mention I'm europoor. Here both the 6.2 and 6.5td are still common. Shit like 3rd gen Wagon caprices with 6.2 detroits are a thing here. Should bought that, instead of the olds 307 gasser piece of crap

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You should be rangebanned.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

They were phased out because IDI diesels just don't have the power/torque potential of direct injected diesels Once high pressure injection systems because feasible that was the end of them. The same thing happened to the 6.9/7.3L IDI diesels that Ford used.

Of course it didn't help that the 6.5's had some manufacturing issues and the pump-mounted driver problem, but the 6.2's were solid engines that delivered good fuel economy and kept on trucking. That engine family was used in the HMMWVs until they ended those so that should tell you something about their reliability.

Except I see them all the time(and not just the one I daily) and the engine is still being produced and used in marine applications to this day.
            So yeah, tell me what's wrong with it and I'll tell you why you're wrong

This is also true, they are still used in marine applications because they're simple workhorse engines.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

OP farted in a gimp suit.

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

this dude looks like my moms boyfriend

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *