Gotta give props to Toyota for selling the same truck since 1995.

Gotta give props to Toyota for selling the same truck since 1995.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Gotta give props to subaru for selling the engine for 33 years

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

correct except it's not a truck
    it's a suburbanite lifestyle infotainment antiutility vehicle with room for your soon-to-be-ex-wife's black son

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Probably
      But like, still. They've been selling the same truck for years with minor changes to the interior, exterior, and different engines. Same with the Nissan Z. Underneath, it's functionally identical to the 350/370.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

not really, the new Z shares only like 20% of parts with the 350z

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>it's not a REAL TRUCK it's an infotainment vehicle!
      The taco has pathetic "infotainment" since it's so old. It's reliable and the best midsize truck. Meanwhile other trucks have gigantic fricking tablets, and exploding GM drive trains but you're fine with this for some reason

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>best midsize
        Nah mate, that would be the Frontier.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

they;re pretty close but the Frontier's newer drivetrain isn't as proven yet

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

they;re pretty close but the Frontier's newer drivetrain isn't as proven yet

and also you can't get a long bed on the Pro4x

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Any bed that's under 6" is pretty useless, might as well drive a frickin' Maloo.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>smaller than a six inch bed
            bruh you driving hot wheels?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Nissan wins again. They need to make a Frontier Warrior like how they made a Navara Warrior that's only available to the Aussies and other countries. It would wipe the floor with the Tacoma TuRD Pro.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

that's not a four door. you can get a foor door + long bed TRD offroad, you cannot get the same in the Nissan

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>$60k for a TuRD Pro
            You'll gladly pay that much for one too.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>lying on the internet
            It's $40k for a TRD Offroad with four doors + long bed. Why are you arguing about things you don't know about

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>reading comprehension lackthereof, the post
            TRD Pro, not TRD Off-Road. It's also not $40k, you're forgetting the fees that the dealer tacks on. You're not getting that particular trim for $40k.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>TRD Pro
            Why are you bringing up the Pro? It's irrelevant, the Offroad is the Pro4X equivalent.

>You're not getting that particular trim for $40k.
            My friend just bought that configuration for $40,500 out the door; many dealers sell at MSRP. Again, why are you arguing about things you don't know about?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I hate homosexuals like you that "need 4 doors" and ruined truck design for all of us, hope you and your wife's kids that you need 4 doors for die in a fire

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Your post would only make sense if you could get a longer bed by giving up doors. But you can't, so if you don't get 4 doors you are losing storage space for no reason.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>four door morons ruined truck design
            >hurrr durrrr that's not true, see you can't get a decent truck now, durrrrr
            all so tiresome

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That's not even a Pro4X in your picture, it doesn't have the correct wheels. You can't get a long bed Pro4X. Surprised no one called you out sooner for lying

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Nah mate, that would be the Frontier.
          >but muh tow hooks
          Lol no.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>It's reliable and the best midsize truck.
        Except it's not. The reliability reputation came from the 90s when Toyota really was hitting it out of the park. I ride in new Toyotas and it's like a BMW with all the Christmas tree warning lights. The new Taco has the same awkward seating position it's has had forever, and if you have a task for it, chances are a Colorado, Frontier or Ranger can do it better, faster, with more emmpeegees.

The only reason to buy a Taco is you might find somebody dumber than you to give you the same as you paid for it a year later.

It's a miserable POS.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Does the Tundra have more comfortable seats?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

i cant comment on the new models, but the last gen i drove, the seat bottom was too short for my legs, but it was a lower trim, maybe they have a thigh extender on the upper trims or maybe they fixed it in the new model

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

300k on my 2nd gen, 50k on my 3rd

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

It's 299K

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>a Colorado is better
          The GM 8-speed is one of the worst transmissions ever made and has had multiple class action lawsuits. Are you insane?

The Tacoma is still extremely reliable, outside of bad years in 2016 and 2017. Your complaints are the seating position and "too many lights", which has nothing to do with reliability

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>a Colorado is better
          The GM 8-speed is one of the worst transmissions ever made and has had multiple class action lawsuits. Are you insane?

The Tacoma is still extremely reliable, outside of bad years in 2016 and 2017. Your complaints are the seating position and "too many lights", which has nothing to do with reliability

>unironically recommending a colorado or a ranger over a taco
          only on DA do you see shit this funny

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

DA is the lowest IQ board on this entire site, that's why it's the most fun to post in

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

DA is the lowest IQ board on this entire site, that's why it's the most fun to post in

Guys, the new Tacoma is fricking hot garbage. There's videos on YouTube right now where a brand new TRD Pro Tacoma overheated and stalled trying to climb up a fricking incline that wasn't too steep. Somehow, a fricking Ford Ranger and Jeep Gladiator were both able to do such a thing without breaking a sweat. I can go further, there's a video from the people on the land down under comparing the "unkillable" Hilux with a Navara and Ranger on offroad tests and the Hilux scored miserably. Then there's the moose test... Don't even get me started with that. Toyota is not Toyota anymore.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>guys don't buy a reliable 3rd gen tacoma
            >buy a turbocharged ranger instead, the guys on youtube said so
            lmfao

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Turbocharged trucks are better at higher altitudes.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>guys don't buy an American-made truck with an engine based on tech that's been common for 40 years and has proven over almost a decade to be extremely reliable and easy to tune
            >Buy a Mexican-made truck wearing the badge of a Japanese company that's become so inept that they have to get Subaru and BMW to build their sports cars for them, with an shit engine that has a horrible reliability record AND has the worst performance in its class

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

The new Tacomas are made in Mexico and i have heard quite a few complaints about them. My first gen has 300+k on it and it sucks i will never buy another new one off a Toyota lot.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

I believe him yo. I don’t know why but I do.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

I’m saging the thread as punishment for this post

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>and if you have a task for it, chances are a Colorado, Frontier or Ranger can do it better, faster, with more emmpeegees
          Ladies and gentlemen, your average assblasted Ranger owner

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>your average assblasted Ranger owner
            explain Ranger owners

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

i found the poorest person in this thread

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Triggered all the buttblasted Toyota shills
          Based

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Okay, let's see you replace the head unit on that by prying of one trim piece and unbolting two brackets.

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I wish they sold old trucks alongside new models in the US like they do in other third world countries

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

It would be a lot better if it actually was the same truck from 1995. Current gen is a mess even if it looks good on paper.

Yes please. I want a small simple truck, not the luxobarge family everything they've become, and not someone's 20 year old problem of rust and neglect.

>lying on the internet
      It's $40k for a TRD Offroad with four doors + long bed. Why are you arguing about things you don't know about

That anon is a gay but Pro4x is the TRD Pro equivalent, which also lost the standard bed access cab after the generation update.
      SV is probably closer to the TRD Off-Road, but it likely doesn't come with lockers and who knows what mystery differentials are on the new Frontier.

[...]
      Guys, the new Tacoma is fricking hot garbage. There's videos on YouTube right now where a brand new TRD Pro Tacoma overheated and stalled trying to climb up a fricking incline that wasn't too steep. Somehow, a fricking Ford Ranger and Jeep Gladiator were both able to do such a thing without breaking a sweat. I can go further, there's a video from the people on the land down under comparing the "unkillable" Hilux with a Navara and Ranger on offroad tests and the Hilux scored miserably. Then there's the moose test... Don't even get me started with that. Toyota is not Toyota anymore.

Current Tacoma has a lot of overlooked problems despite garnering a lot of notoriety for offroading. Somehow. I think the video you're referring to is specifically the owner was low on oil and the oil sump has issues at extreme angles since it's a fricking sedan engine. But the low oil is actually very typical Toyota owner behavior. That's where the "reliability" has come from, where owners manage to neglect the vehicle so hard that they never notice all the shit going wrong until they decide it's time for it to be someone else's problem. And they get to charge a premium for it somehow too.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>SV is probably closer to the TRD Off-Road, but it likely doesn't come with lockers
        That's completely wrong, the TRDOR and the Pro4X are direct competitors and cost almost the exact same. The SV lacks the offroad features found on the Pro4X / TRDOR: locking rear diff, skid plates, Bilsteins, etc etc etc

You can just go to youtube and there are endless TRDOR vs. Pro4X videos. They are direct competitors.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

This. I have a a 2021 TRDOR, brother has a 2022 Pro 4x. Almost similar except mine is a 6 speed while his is goymatic.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Ram classic

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, but the SR5s from back then looks better than what's shown in your pic.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Not a fan of Nissans, I do bodywork on many Nissans and I'm not a big fan of the build quality and the parts availability/quality. Same for Toyotas, Ford and Hondas.

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Gotta hand it to GM

They've been making subpar crap for 113 years

They even got an Obama bailout after going bankrupt (for making shitty cars), but Obama was like HELLLLLL NAH

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Why fix what is not broken?

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>it's okay when GM sells a truck from the oil crisis in the '90s but not when Japan does it

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

correct, because GM is worse quality

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

If only the other brands had done the same

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Give it to me straight DA, is a brand new Hilux any good?
    I really want one before my cucked to shit country bans new fossile fuel vehicles sales within half a decade.

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Can't fix what isn't broken

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

it just works

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *