Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

my polling place is a gymnasium in a local elementary school

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

for me it's some friendly rich frick who happen to happen to have large front yard

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

same

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mine is the playground in a kindergarden

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The nearest school, 5 minutes walk from home.

Mine is the playground in a kindergarden

same

Usually ours are school halls, community centres, libraries and similar.

This car was used because in one place in Cambridge to poll team were locked out of the library meant to be used for the first hour. The polls MUST open at 7am so using a car as a backup is a recommended emergency solution.

There are also weirder ones in rural areas, like a caravan, a pub, or in one place someone's living room.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Here the military and the electoral service take control of the school the day prior to the elections, so that can't happen.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

At least you have a back up, here in some places random people show up and burn the polling station and ballots for whatever reason

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

my polling station is the local town hall

And those areas dont get a re-vote? Sounds like cartel action for some politician if so

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>get a re-vote?
            That reminds me of the last general elections that the red senate of Berlin absolutely bungled. I mean everybody is required to register where they live, so there's actual databases of voters. Yet thousands of people couldn't vote in Berlin. It took the courts more than two years to order a re-election, and even that didn't go without serious mistakes.
            I'm just glad that I don't live in that shithole Berlin.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>required to register where they live, so there's actual databases of voters.

here youre automatically registered to vote via your registration in whatever municipality you live by age 16

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Same here, but voting starts at 18. Your obliged to register yourself at your place of residence whenever you move, so that the government knows where you live. Those databases are used for the voting registers and for the mandatory radio and TV fee. They also used to be used for the draft / mustering for mandatory military service. Right now military service is voluntary, but politicians plan to bring back the general draft ever since Russia invaded Ukraine and threatened the whole of Europe.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>obliged to register yourself at your place of residence whenever you move

yeah same, although we do have mandatory military service, which was never abandoned

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

same

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mine is a Salvation Army.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The nearest school, 5 minutes walk from home.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

wait, i can go and fricking vote today right

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you're in England or Wales, yes there's something local to vote for today. Nothing for Scots or Norn Iron.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

brb off to write Black person on my ballot

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The deed is done

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

LOL.
    My polling station is the lunch hall of a local school that's about a 10-minute walk away from my home. It serves three voting districts, each of which has some 7,000 - 8,000 voters. The last elections started late because the voting comittee hadn't delivered the ballot boxes at 8.00 in the morning yet. Next elections are going to be the EU general elections in June.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

im murrican but follow briish politics cause im bored easily and i like to follow another countrys politics were it has no consequence on me.

so tories are going to be wiped out today huh?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They might hold onto a couple of mayors who have strong personal votes - Andy Street in the west midlands has been effectively campaigning as an independent and not using the party name on leaflets etc.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *