How the fuck do I stop overtaking people all the time?

I can't stand having people in front of me going even 1 km/h under the speed limit. It bothers the living shit out of me. Highway or not, I just cannot get into the mentality of slowing down. I want to drive 5-10 km over the speed limit. How the frick do I stop this? How do I stop overtaking people all the god damn time?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Buy a slow car that can't overtake easily or a large vehicle that is difficult to pass with.

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

listen to calmer music and set cruise control, remember that you slowing down makes other people seethe and it's not your problem.

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Just use your adaptive cruise control bro.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>adaptive cruise control

I drive an early 2000s BMW estate do you really think I have that zoomer

Buy a slow car that can't overtake easily or a large vehicle that is difficult to pass with.

not an option

listen to calmer music and set cruise control, remember that you slowing down makes other people seethe and it's not your problem.

I could get into that kind of mindset yes but setting cruise control isnt fun when people constantly slow down

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>I drive an early 2000s BMW
        Oh wow do you dress in rags too? Have some self respect and get a better car.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Name a single better car than a 2000s bmw.

>adaptive cruise control

I drive an early 2000s BMW estate do you really think I have that zoomer

[...]
          not an option

[...]
          I could get into that kind of mindset yes but setting cruise control isnt fun when people constantly slow down

It's the car, some cars just make you want to push the pedal. Try a Mercedes, I'm perfectly content with just cruising in my old square boy.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Name a single better car than a 2000s bmw
            Literally any modern car.
            A modern hyundai or kia is better than that junk.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Ah so you're a homosexual. Explains everything. And there's nothing wrong with dressing in rags

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I own both 2000 330Ci cabrio and 2021 Hyundai i20, and honestly, Hyundai is a garbage. Stop deluding yourselves, asiaticshills.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I have a mk II Jetta that gets better fuel economy than most hybrids of its size.

Cope

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I have a mk II Jetta that gets better fuel economy than most hybrids of its size.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Name a single better car than a 2000s bmw.
            impossible, also nice repeating numbers

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Buy a tune and lower the power levels on your car, put it in a sort of concierge mode so that you have less power available.
        t. BMW owner with a tune that lets me lower the power by 50%

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Curious, why do you do that? Engine longevity? Guest drivers? Just to make it a suitable speed for pushing it on the road?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I can change the tune on the fly with my cruise control, I only crank the power up when I know I'm going to do some spirited driving because I don't need the power when I'm commuting to work. I lack self control so the car prevents me from wasting gas and ripping it.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>2000s BMW estate
        >BMW driver
        Figures. Hope you crash and burn one dqy

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

just fricking do it moron

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

turn 18

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I'm 28

Why do you think this is a bad thing? Is it impacting your life or health?

Fuel consumption, I lost my license once for speeding already after overtaking and also it's just generally unnecessary. I know I dont arrive much earlier.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>Fuel consumption,
        hypermiling will make you focus on fuel effciency instead of focusing on being behind people

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Wrong. Cause the person in front of you will speed up and slow down for no reason all the time and piss you off by making you use your brakes

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Why don't you just leave earlier and drive slower. Then everyone has to overtake you.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

That's the thing I leave early or on time, I just can't resist overtaking people that are driving at a speed I don't like. I never come late to anything, and I never start driving late. I just can't stand people driving the speed limit.

>Name a single better car than a 2000s bmw
          Literally any modern car.
          A modern hyundai or kia is better than that junk.

you sound like a homo

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

just drive on the left lane then

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>That's the thing I leave early or on time, I just can't resist overtaking people that are driving at a speed I don't like. I never come late to anything, and I never start driving late. I just can't stand people driving the speed limit.
            Just leave earlier then, and go slower. Maybe stop somewhere, like a pond and skip stones or feed the ducks.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

maybe try living in a non-shithole, europoor

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

stop being fat, mutt

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Why do you think this is a bad thing? Is it impacting your life or health?

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Don't stop. People that are slow and inattentive are more dangerous than someone going a bit over the limit and are focused. Just don't get mad and do something moronic.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

leave a big gap between you and the next car so youre not staring at their ass the whole time.

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Get into a car crash

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

5-10 over is fine. If you really want to slow down increase your following distance so it doesn't feel like you're so close that you need to pass.
    If you own a BMW or a Ram, nothing can fix you.

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

just buy a comfy car and play some good tunes. also observe truckers - especially at night - most them Black folk are going just slow enough to overtake the minimal number of people. they are on the clock and do it - wtf is wrong with you?

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

You have a nice day.

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>work vehicle is a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    >GPS monitored, sends an alert to my boss if I go more than 11 over the speed limit and yes, he actively checks them and reprimands us if we do
    >driving on the PA turnpike
    >want to set cruise control to 70 and forget it, just space out as I drive from Harrisburg to Pittsburgh
    >butthole 18-wheelers either go 60-65 or 75-80, literally no in between
    >go to pass one going 60, one going 80 comes flying up my ass
    I hate trucks so much. My only solace is knowing that literally every other construction worker I've ever talked to hates them too.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>Drive from CT to NM
      >37 straight hours of truckers passing each other with a difference in speed of 1mph
      It was like I was stuck in a never ending hell
      Truckers should be forbidden from entering the left lane ever for any reason I don't care

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>work vehicle is a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
        >GPS monitored, sends an alert to my boss if I go more than 11 over the speed limit and yes, he actively checks them and reprimands us if we do
        >driving on the PA turnpike
        >want to set cruise control to 70 and forget it, just space out as I drive from Harrisburg to Pittsburgh
        >butthole 18-wheelers either go 60-65 or 75-80, literally no in between
        >go to pass one going 60, one going 80 comes flying up my ass
        I hate trucks so much. My only solace is knowing that literally every other construction worker I've ever talked to hates them too.

but bro the quota bro gotta get this 12 hour trip done in 10 hours or else we don't get the bonus pay
        think of the bonus pay

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I actually had that same thought, if a cop sees a truck in the passing lane they should pull them over.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

This would cause a line of trucks all going at the speed of the slowest truck on the road (55-65mph). Effectively turning interstates into two lane roads. I have never had an issue waiting on trucks to pass, you probably just have the patience of a toddler.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>Be me
        >Be inTiny shitbox
        >Behind another car behind 18 wheel troony
        >troony can't decide what lane it wants to be in
        >Moves over and car starts to pass
        >troony signals immediately after and blocks car
        >We both brake hard
        >Takes 3 miles to pass the car it didn't want to sit behind
        >Get up to 3 lanes troony still in left and coming to a bridge
        >Downshift and zoom up in open lanes
        >Cut troony off and slow down to 55
        >Going up bridge troony finally moves all the way over in the lane it belongs
        >Watch it fade away in the distance as I return to 65

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

it helps to think about how little time you're actually saving.
    On an average drive, you MIGHT be saving like 1 minute.

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

don't stop

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Have an accident and seriously injure someone. Should do the trick.

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Do what I do and simply never look at your speedometer

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Realize that that your behavior in the vehicle you're driving is how you overcompensate for being a small dicked, low test weak male and if you actually correct your innate inferiority there will be no need to use machines to feel like you're "overtaking" anything.

In short, get your T levels checked. Chads aren't beholden to these kinds of impulses.

19. 2 years ago
    phone/mobile data thread

dont think there is a cure for being a moronic homosexual

20. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

im 23 and have been driving for 6+ years. i only recently learned that overtakes are actually frowned upon. i always drive safely and have never been in an accident, but i drive similarly to OP. i stick to the leftmost possible lane but i will frequently overtake people through ordinary traffic because i can perceive which lanes will free up space and which are prone to people randomly slowing down to turn into a lot. i always indicate and never floor it past people. i don't think i will change my overtaking habits. i will continue overtaking slow drivers whenever i feel like it simply because driving is more fun knowing i saved 40 seconds on my commute to work by overtaking some boomer and weaving in and out of optimal lanes. i have never been offended my someone overtaking me, therefore nobody should ever be offended by overtakes.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>i only recently learned that overtakes are actually frowned upon.
      lolwut

21. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

wrapping yourself around a tree might be a solution to this problem

22. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>I want to drive 5-10 km over the speed limit. How the frick do I stop this?
    When I get frustrated with someone in front of me driving slower than I want to drive, I try to imagine that the speed limit is lower than it actually is.

Realistically, I'm ALWAYS driving slower than I want to drive, due to the speed limit. Even if I want to drive 60, if the speed limit says 35 I don't get angry about it. It's always an arbitrary number that's lower than I want to drive. I take it as just a fact of life, and I don't get angry that there's a speed limit lower than what I want to drive.

So when someone is driving slowly in front of me, I just apply that same mentality. They're going 45 in a 50 zone? I just take a deep breath, look away from my speedometer, and pretend whatever speed we're going happens to be the speed limit (or happens to be the speed I'd be going if the speed limit were x).

23. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Why does it bother you? You want to go faster than them, there's space in the passing lane. You get to go faster, they get to not be tailgated. Win win.

24. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

as a german with a lot of speed-limitless highways near: just overtake them, there is no reason to follow some sunday driver like a duck

25. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I have the exact same problem. Its because you are focusing on driving. That may sound stupid, but its actually the reason. When you are paying attention
    >stuff seems to move past really slow
    >you are already aware of all the hazards and other cars around you so theres nothing to catch your attention
    >you are aware of what speed you are doing
    >you are aware when cars ahead are speeding up and slowing down
    >you are aware that your time is being wasted if you are driving slower than you need to or if you arent enjoying the drive
    >you are aware you are wasting fuel if you are being forced to constantly accelerate by other cars constantly slowing
    >you are aware you are wasting fricking brake pads when the car in front overbrakes for a downhill when it should just engine brake

It all starts to make more sense when I write all that shit out because when you see it that way, you realise: nobody else is fricking doing all that shit. Most people on the road are
    >looking out the window
    >listening to podcasts
    >texting or scrolling facebook
    >yarning to a passenger
    >daydreaming
    >blasting some hella sick beats
    Or some other numbskull activity. Driving is a non interesting mandatory chore, and they dedicate 5% of their brain power to subconsciously observe the car in-front and maintain their 1 second following distance with the go pedal, maybe occasionally raising to 7% brain capacity when they see brake lights and need to mash the stop pedal, likewise if that number on their dash goes above 65mph or whatever other number makes their car spontaneously explode depending on location.

You are a DADA poster, a literal car enthusiast autist stuck driving in a sea of non player characters. They actively ruin your driving experience, whether you are trying to go fast or cruise. Its easy to just go faster and faster and start to bully your way past them as your distain increases, I used to do the same. But I came up with some solutions. Cont

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I used to drive my v8 lexus like a maniac, 100mph diagonally between lanes, cutting off the passing lane from the bus lane to get past that butthole in the prius doing 50, wishing death upon them all. I hated myself for being such an emotional reckless baby, always breaking the law and feeling bad about it but unable to stop, hitting the top speed limiter on the final straight, blasting through the red light into my neighbourhood so nobody would see my plate, flying down my street with my headlights off so nobody recognised my car, holding down the garage door button so I could time it perfectly and skid to a stop in the garage with the door already closing behind me, heart racing and waiting for police sirens that never came. I’ve fixed that problem with two driving experiences:

>towing a trailer
      >you are the obstacle
      >you are the npc
      >doing 50mph in the inside lane
      >cars have to go around you
      >downshifting into 4th and still struggling up hills (lol 2.8 diesel)
      >cars up your ass but lol tailgate a trailer good luck morons
      >be smug
      >be relaxed
      >drive ute as daily now
      >drive slow
      >intentionally drive slow
      >hypermile for fun
      >get stuck in traffic
      >remember frustration
      >but
      >have motorcycle
      >its lightning fast
      >faster than any car I’ve ever had
      >and I don’t even go that fast
      >because I don’t need to
      >I have absolutely no need and I feel no frustration
      >because npc cars are no longer my concern

If a car is going slow, I pass it. This isnt a balls to the wall, 3rd gear scream with tyres screeching, oncoming cars panicking, and grandma having a heart attack in the victim car. 6th gear, a squirt of throttle, place the wheels just inside the centre line, and pass. Just like that. And the butthole you just passed will fricking smile and wave. Because nobody gives a frick when a bike passes them. Bikes are allowed to do whatever they want

>heavy highway traffic
      >ride up the centre
      >construction
      >ride up the shoulder
      >city traffic
      >ride on the footpath!?

26. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Just don't be a fricking sperg and chill while driving. Smoke a blunt, idk.
    Statistically, overtaking and speeding does not have a significant impact on your actual travel time (something like 10 min over a 3 hour trip).

27. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I always drive 3 to 5 under the speed limit and let every "gotta go fast" moron like OP overtake me. They want to do dangerous maneuvers and eventually eat a faceful of truck - godspeed. The only problem is - they usually end up taking someone else with them.

28. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Doesnt sound like an issue to me. I just cruise in the left lane because i drive faster than everyone else. On the extremely rare occasion someone wants to go faster I get over. Definitely safer than driving behind some moronic roastie that will slam the brakes for no reason whatsoever. Or having morons try to pass me only to sit in my blindspot for 5 miles. Take the speeding pill, its comfy af, can easily see cops sitting in the median from miles away when you're in the left lane and just slow down to 70 then speed back up instantly. I dont speed to get where Im going faster just because it is more fun and safer than being next to morons who dont know how to drive.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Bingo. The speed limit is for cattle and the passing lane is the second test for humanity aside from the cart return

29. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

No harm in overtaking so long as it's performed safely.

30. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Get involved in a motorsport of any kind, because right now you're fapping in public like a lunatic rather than getting laid, and it shows.
    I have a comp car, and a street car that's very, very not street legal, but anytime i'm not in those, I drive like a preacher on sunday, because i've got nothing to prove to anybody, and i'm not all pent up with angst, and people who are driving 'quickly' who can't steer for shit are cringe af.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Seriously, this.

Knowing I didn't suck was a huge mood reliever. Let me relax as most drivers are just stupid, not malicious.
      Don't get me wrong, I still drive quickly, and enjoy spirited driving. But slaloming through traffic doesn't have the draw it used to.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Not OP but my biggest problem is that when I try to drive chill I get pulled out in front of causing me to brake hard or someone cuts my lane off because they need to turn but they could've just merged behind me or people going dangerously slow into highway onramps making it literally safer for me to stop and do a hard pull or cut across the line. Idk if it's because I'm in a small car and people try to take advantage of my space but it triggers me because if you want to drive dangerously around me it makes me want to put your stupid life at stake too

31. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Become a pothead.

32. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>car does a 40 in a 45
    >change lanes to pass
    >is a dumb visual driver, and instead of watching the speedometer, they watch if someone is passing
    >other car speeds up because the other driver is shit.
    >you are now racing a dumbass NPC.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Stop racing Nissans

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *