Remembering the Swedish motorcycle legend: Ghost Rider

In the heart of 2000s Sweden, an amateur direct to DVD filmmaker legend was born: Ghost Rider. Sitting on his camera-mounted Suzuki motorcycles, he pushed the limits of speed and stuntmanship on public roads, all while managing to evade police cars and helicopters hot in pursuit -- every single time.

Ghost Rider's videos tantalized worldwide audiences with death-defying feats for more than a decade. His independently produced DVD films spawned an entire genre of illegal daredevilry, while his audacious maneuvers and high-speed chases with law enforcement racked up millions of views.

One of Ghost Rider's defining characteristics was his ability to adapt and innovate, utilizing a variety of vehicles including the Suzuki GSX-R1000 and Suzuki Hayabusa, each meticulously tuned and modified to suit his adrenaline-fueled escapades. From Stockholm to Uppsala, he shattered records with timed runs, navigating heavy traffic at mind-boggling speeds that left authorities in disbelief.

In Ghost Rider Goes Crazy in Europe, Ghost Rider took his antics across borders, leaving a trail of awe and disbelief in his wake. From the streets of Paris to the winding roads of the Netherlands, he blazed a path of unparalleled audacity, paying homage to legends of the past while etching his name into the annals of daredevil history.

Speculation around Ghost Rider's real identity runs rampant. Some have pointed to Swedish ex-racer and mechanic Patrik Fürstenhoff as a possible candidate, citing his record-breaking feats and uncanny resemblance. Though the mystery of his identity may never be fully unraveled, the legend of Ghost Rider will forever burn bright in the annals of daredevil lore.

And now, it seems, he is back.

Fan theories around Ghost Rider are many, but most fun of all to discuss is this one: just how the hell did Ghostrider never get caught?

Well? What do you think?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>skilled rider
    >planned route
    >police with very limited access to helicopter
    >bike that was faster than anything elseon the road, by leagues and leagues
    >would have friends waiting with cars & trailers at different spots where he could pull in, quickly get the bike into the trailer, and thus "disappear"

They also had access to police scanners, as at that point there werent encrypted networks in use

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>skilled rider
      >planned route
      >would have friends waiting with cars & trailers at different spots where he could pull in, quickly get the bike into the trailer, and thus "disappear"
      this makes things literally impossible for the cops
      all you need is a simple covered trailer, or even a van and so long as you can outrun the initial contact (which is obviously easy for a skilled rider and a known route) you are 100% uncatchable
      the only dice roll you are taking is mechanical failure of your bike or some random person getting in the way in a moronic fasion

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>all you need is a simple covered trailer, or even a van
        False. Locating a car's position is 10 times easier than a bike.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

huh?
          the implication is you outrun the police, and put the bike inside of the van/trailer

now they don't know where the bike is and the trailer/van has no connection to the bike

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Ah, right, my bad.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Dude he had two helicopters and a couple motorcycle police on his tail in one of the videos
      He also got away in cars

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes, in one of the videos - thus "limited"

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>He also got away in cars
        This was always the impressive thing to me, anyone can get away from cops on a literbike or a hayabusa, running from the cops successfully on 4 wheels is a lot harder (until hellcats hit the market). Granted the Swedish cops were driving bullshit volvos

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

I heard at that time that the law made it necessary to catch the driver directly, otherwise someone else might have been driving and this was used of course.
    but as far as Ive understood, a lot of ghost drivers have died.
    if my memory does not deceive me 7 or so.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I think the multiple Ghost Riders is a fan theory; I'm pretty sure it's one guy and he's either an engineer or test rider or something for an actual motorcycle company (or former/retired he's gotta be getting up there in years)

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

probably. I never heard anyone give a clear answer.
        but with the way you drive, it would be no wonder.
        expertise is no substitute for luck.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

>expertise is no substitute for luck.
          That's pretty hard to argue against...

>skilled rider
          >planned route
          this makes things literally impossible for the cops
          all you need is a simple covered trailer, or even a van and so long as you can outrun the initial contact (which is obviously easy for a skilled rider and a known route) you are 100% uncatchable
          the only dice roll you are taking is mechanical failure of your bike or some random person getting in the way in a moronic fasion

I remember seeing him pass a cop in at least one of his videos and the cop doesn't even bother turning on his lights, you could practically hear the cop say "Frick that" in whatever Europlace he rides in

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Im not a biker myself, I pretty suck with an engine on two tires.
            some biker should answer that after seeing all the tapes.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I think the multiple Ghost Riders is a fan theory; I'm pretty sure it's one guy and he's either an engineer or test rider or something for an actual motorcycle company (or former/retired he's gotta be getting up there in years)

Its well known that it was just the one guy, and its not like its a secret who it is either; Patrik von Fürstenhodff

Copycats? Sure, but the one in the actual videos is the same guy

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

thx

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>Patrik von Fürstenhodff
        >Just looks like a normal guy with glasses.
        It's always the Half Life Freeman looking guys.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

saw a group photo of some US special forces guys once. unlike what Hollywood portrays them as, they looked just like a bunch of highly armed nerds in fatigues. if they walked past you down the street you'd never know. the 80s style prescription glasses really sold the look too.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>come back to WoW cause my friends come back every couple of years.
            >join new guild
            >guild leader lives in my state
            >guild leader is ex green beret
            >meet him in real life.

dude is like 5'5
            cool dude but god damn was it shocking to see such a short guy with a wild past like that

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

every time

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

NOBODY KNOWS WHO THE ELUSIVE GHOST RIDER TRULY IS

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

42.6 miles in 15 minutes.

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>500hp on a bike

thats just insane, the amount of skill you need as well is equally insane

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

No way in hell a bike can have 500hp.

>t. never seen a farmers track

I have no idea what you meant by your post anon

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>he doesn’t know about Boss Hoss Motorcycles

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>No way in hell a bike can have 500hp
        CBR1000RR has a factory option for 214hp.
        Hp is derived from revs.
        A gasoline engine doesn't make max HP at 1k rpm's. The higher you rev, the more hp you generate.
        Mod a V8 to develop 20 more horsepower at 2k and it can scale that to 60 more hp at 6k.
        So mods to bike engines have a greater payout because they can rev so high and multiply those gains.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm pretty sure his were all fairly unmodded bikes

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Wikipedia says turbo hayabusa with almost 500hp but who knows how accurate that is.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Huh, I guess my memory is fuzzy
            Maybe you could get that with a Busa with race gas; leads credence to the story that he's an NG
            Most boosted Busas I think tap out around 300-350 but it sounds like he's got some kind of Viking hate magic by his side

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

reading up on this guy they meticulously planned everything, I wouldn't put it past them to run some crazy setup that is only expected to last a few hundred miles.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Dude that's bullshit.
            And he didn't have a Hayabusa.
            He had a Gen 5 GSXR 1000, turbo'd with all carbon fiber fairings.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>Each movie has a scene where Ghost Rider rides a highly tuned, turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa. The Hayabusa in Ghost Rider: The Final Ride was tuned to 417 bhp (311 kW), and the one used for the later movies was at 499 bhp (372 kW).[1][3] Although Ghost Rider's primary vehicle is a motorcycle, he uses a wide variety of other vehicles in the movies including different types of cars, bicycles, minibikes and even a snowmobile on public streets.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

?si=g_-H3TPuxjmQBug9

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

i'd believe it. almost unlimited funds, not unthinkable at all.

he also raffled it off i believe?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

In one of his videos (can't remember) the lady narrating gave the specs to his bike.
            It was around 230bhp.
            500hp not even MotogGP gets. They're at 300bhp.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

duh

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Not 500hp. Not even close.

Going to watch all his movies in a row now that I'm off from work. Thanks OP.

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

We had a guy run multiple times in my town and he only lasted like 2 weeks before they tracked him to his house and made the bust there. They'll ID the bike and rider and adapt, or at least they should if they're a skilled department. They'll have the helicopter out before they even light him up, or have undercovers follow him home. You don't have to catch them riding, they'll use other factors like build, clothes, being the only one home when the warrant is served after being seen getting off the bike and going inside, etc. Bro got multiple felonies and good prison time trying to save a couple hundred bucks worth of tickets.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

NEVER run in your own backyard.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>t. never seen a farmers track

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I've thought about those chinese fairing sets, only a couple hundred and they'd let you quickly change your bike's look and look more legit than just a single color rattlecan job. Pull your bike into your apartment too .

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I heard about a guy who had a Daytona 756 (can't remember if it was that or a street triple, but it was a triumph) and uploaded a video of himself speeding.
      He got caught because there was only one of those models registered in his area, so it was trivial to prove it was him.
      Can't find the news article now.

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

by evading the police

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

skill x talent x experience x practice

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

europe was still a civilised place back then so the police weren't equipped for that sort of tomfoolery

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Closest thing in the modern day is someone with a black debadged Hellcat fricking around

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I wonder what that black charger guy does for his work

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Black charger fricking around...
        >cocaine and weed my homie

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

might even just be for lulz. look up godfrey qualls. he and his car is the reason for sodge doing a 2023 black ghost edition of the challenger

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

dodge*

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Isn't he still making new videos?

?si=J_1MhMB_8gL4hD5-

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Dude is 54 years old apparently.
      Just about to post the channel there's a go-kart that's probably the scariest thing I've even seen filmed on a public road

?si=7mMV7JE_6UOYIuWe
      Full speed through downtown traffic.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Didn't really like his go-kart video he nearly hit a pedestrian.

11. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

NO BRO HE WAS A GLOWBlack person!
    IN FACT
    ANYONE WHO IS ACTIVELY AGAINST THE STATE AND MAKES ROASTIES SEETHE IS DEFINITELY A GLOWBlack person

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Hope you're being sarcastic m8

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *