How can I become a better driver?

I'm a young guy who is driving for about a year now and I love it but there is room for improvement. How do you get better at driving? I drive for about a hour daily with my brothers car (E class). Its not my car so I cant really go on a circuit with it. Im saving up money to buy a kawasaki ninja 400 and a volkswagen.
Until I have my own vehicles, how do I get better at driving?
Is Karting solid? Any tips? Im planning to start working on the motors to get a better understanding but that's for summer.
Thank you for your time

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 6 months ago
    Anonymous

Depends on what you mean by "better". Most of your driving is on public roads, which in my opinion is largely a game of anticipation. You should always be considering what other drivers might be about to do, because they always act drunk and stupid.

• 6 months ago
      Anonymous

This. Get defensive driving down and you will drastically reduce the odds of being involved in accidents. The instinct should be whenever you see another car being squirrelly or a situation that might be trouble, you get away from it. Change lanes away, slow down to give them space to be batshit, be predictable yourself. Racing karts will improve your handling, braking, and cornering, which is also very useful in subtle ways doing commuter city driving.
      t.drive for work and crossed the million mile mark recently

• 6 months ago
        Anonymous

Man I also thought of starting karting but its do damn expensive! They ask 30euros for 20mins.

2. 6 months ago
    TooZ

Use you turn indicator.
    Do not tailgate ( 2 second rule)
    Avoid excessive speeding.
    Do mot pass on the right.

• 6 months ago
      Anonymous

I already do all of this.

>to buy a kawasaki ninja 400
      Do yourself a favor and buy a real bike, especially not a fricking kawasaki. You'll be a laughing stock especially with that new 400 4 pot they made with no power or torque. ninja 400 will get smoked by grandmas oddyssey and you'll get raped, heed my warning and buy a real supersport

this. don't buy a 400 anon, we have enough homosexuals on them

Im only 21, I can only drive motors with license A2. Kawasaki ninja 400 is the fastest motor I can buy

>ninja 400 and volkswagen
      its over bro just have a nice day now

Volkswagen is the cheapest car I can get with a ton of options to modify it. Hondas /mozdas or even cars like bmw or audi are expensive

• 6 months ago
        Anonymous

Based. You'll love the bike man. I've had mine for a couple years now, gonna get a zx4r next year probably. Done everything on this bike from offroading to long highway trips and it's never complained. Real easy to work on too, if you're a speed freak it'll never suffice but imo 4sec 0-60 120mph top speed is nothing to get bored of and you get to bang through gears and learn the nuances of motorcycling. great fuel economy and tire wear (got 5200 miles on stock shitter tires) Torque's never been an issue, never understood that.. easier than a car. Good luck

• 6 months ago
          Anonymous

forgot image lol

• 6 months ago
            Anonymous

It looks really good man did you buy the normal one which model?
            Is it worth getting the performance or sport model or should I just go for standard model?
            Is it possible to work on the motor to make it faster like how you modify a car?

• 6 months ago
            Anonymous

What do you mean by normal or performance models? In the USA theres only one model, with or without ABS (i have ABS) so you'll have to clarify. Working on the motor on motorcycles usually is really really expensive and time consuming and I would advise against it due to the massive drop in reliability. For the ninja 400 specifically the best way to increase power would be intake velocity stacks, a full exhaust system, and an ECU flash. That's pretty expensive and I'd only do it if you're keeping the bike forever, but the ECU flash would make it run smoother and give you a little more refined throttle feeling all around

• 6 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh cool I didnt know that. Thank you,here you have three different choices. You can get a tankpad,akropovic exhaust, buddy seat cover and a extra large windshield for about 800euros extra. (They are all with abs).Allright I thought you had options to modify it for cheap.

• 6 months ago
            Anonymous

You should buy all of those aftermarket other than the rear seat cowl (buy that in your color if you want, Im getting one soon). I have luimoto tank pads cause i think theyre cool, there are a lot of nice clear onces like stompgrip.

Don't worry about exhausts until you pay off the bike (although that specific akrapovic + the headers they sell to remove the catalytic sound the best on the n400 to me, others are farty but its preference as is all else)

Windscreen is up to you, I'm 185cm so it doesn't change anything for me. windscreens matter more on full supersports meant for you to tuck under so if you want a tinted one go get an aftermarket or stick with the stock one, the kawasaki tall windscreen is fine if you're short and like the stock design but want it a little bigger, but if you're tall like me and like how clear looks you might as well stick with stock.

• 6 months ago
            Anonymous

Can someone still sit with you on a buddyseat cover or is this not possible?
            Btw thank you so much for all the info.
            Did you buy it used btw? Here if you want to buy an used n400 its about 5,5k euros with a lot of mileage + old model like 2018/19 while a new one is 7k.

• 6 months ago
            Anonymous

Of course bro any time. I bought mine brand new. the buddy seat cover will replace the rear seat so no one can sit with you. Aftermarket ones attach just like the stock seat but have weird colors sometimes, the ones from kawasaki require you to remove and install a bracket every time you want to swtich which is a bit of a pain

• 6 months ago
            Anonymous

Ah thanks nevermind then.
            Did you buy anything extra for your ninja?
            Something that you thought could be better?

• 6 months ago
            Anonymous

Late response sorry. Get a radiator guard to protect from rocks, frame sliders to protect from drops. I haven't really upgraded anything other than eventually wanting to do an exhaust/flash/intake stuff for fun. I've changed brake pads to more aggressive ones and im about to install heated grips and a quickshifter. Other than that I can't really think of much.. its a good bike.

3. 6 months ago
    Anonymous

>to buy a kawasaki ninja 400
    Do yourself a favor and buy a real bike, especially not a fricking kawasaki. You'll be a laughing stock especially with that new 400 4 pot they made with no power or torque. ninja 400 will get smoked by grandmas oddyssey and you'll get raped, heed my warning and buy a real supersport

• 6 months ago
      Anonymous

this. don't buy a 400 anon, we have enough homosexuals on them

• 6 months ago
      Panda5

The Ninja 400 does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds for $5,200.

• 6 months ago
        Anonymous

Slow as frick, a 600 does it in 3.2 Get a used one for cheaper than 5200 (restrict it for your gay2 license) or a used naked 900 thats even faster

• 6 months ago
          Anonymous

Is it not better to first learn how to ride motor good and then when im 24 to buy a supersport

4. 6 months ago
    Anonymous

>ninja 400 and volkswagen
    its over bro just have a nice day now

• 6 months ago
      Anonymous

If u have better alternatives with a low budget please tell me

5. 6 months ago
    Anonymous

adding to defensive driving, also watch dashcam clips/compilations. learn how and why the crashes and hits in them occurred.

6. 6 months ago
    Anonymous

Twist of the Wrist. Vol two is better than one. There is also a good book about snow driving but can’t remember.

7. 6 months ago
    Anonymous

autox, karting, simracing are all good and cheap

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Practice regularly in different conditions (day/night, rain/snow).

Focus on proper hand positioning (9 and 3 o'clock on the wheel).

Keep a safe following distance (at least 3 seconds).

Use mirrors and check blind spots before changing lanes.

Avoid distractions (phone, loud music) while driving.

Learn to anticipate and react to potential hazards (what he said above about watching crash compilations).

Regularly check tire pressure and tread depth for optimal grip.

Adjust your seat, mirrors, and steering wheel for comfort and control.

Use turn signals early and consistently to communicate intentions.

Practice parallel parking and other maneuvering skills frequently.

Stay vigilant for pedestrians, cyclists, and other vulnerable road users, even if cyclists deserve to not exist.

Understand and obey right-of-way rules at intersections and crosswalks.

Take breaks on long drives to combat fatigue and maintain focus.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *