I just like it. I also would buy a new production S10 or old taco in a heart beat.

I just like it.
I also would buy a new production S10 or old taco in a heart beat. Darn I wish we got the Toyota hilux in the states.

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's nothing wrong with it. I don't know why truck gays get so insecure

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because it shoves their actual use case and needs in their face. 99% of full-sized truck owners would rarely utilize even a Maverick to its fullest potential. This enrages them as it causes them to experience introspection and doubt themselves for bankrupting themselves over having the male equivalent of a Stanley Tumbler.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Pretty much. Its a sedan with a truck bed and that's really what most of the people who buy giant extended cab trucks actually want if they're being honest.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i want a sedan that can pull my boat. i looked at SUVs but dont really save any money going that route, so pickup it is

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They are fine, not too offensive, however I would like a utilitarian small car without pretense. The Maverick is like the PT Cruiser, HHR, Scion, Soul in that way. Every manufacturer is corny as shit.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>good gas mileage
      >tows 4k with tow package
      >practical as frick
      >easy to park

Only downside is availability.

So what you're saying is... the Maverick insist upon itself? I can't disagree, though I do like them.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>good gas mileage
        The AWD model gets marginally better economy than a half ton truck.
        >tows 4k with tow package
        So 2k lbs realistic. That pretty much rules out all travel trailers and even pop-up tent trailers which makes this a pretty impractical family vehicle.
        >practical as frick
        When you can't sleep or frick in it? Ehhhhh.
        >easy to park
        Everything is easy to park these days. Even shitboxes have 5 exterior cameras.

What exactly is wrong with buying the bigger truck you "don't need" when it gives you a shitload more value than a Maverick?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

First of all, at least half pick ups have never towed anything. And at 4k towing, you can tow a small camper trailer, dirt bikes, jetski, atvs, or a small boat. You can have a lot of fun with that. If you have bigger stuff, I'm guessing you've got more money to throw around to buy a half ton.

>What exactly is wrong with buying the bigger truck you "don't need" when it gives you a shitload more value than a Maverick?
          Nothing is wrong with it, it's just a choice. A 'real' truck is probably going to cost twice as much as a Maverick. The Maverick will suit most people's needs just fine. I love trucks, but I also love not spending 80k on a vehicle.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Practicality is practicality whether you use it or not. If you knew anything about towing you would know that owing at the max tow is not smart even though the vehicle is built to do it. Headroom is good when it comes to towing. 4k max is 2k lbs realistic.

I don't know where you're getting your prices from but these things are definitely not cheap in the real world and most on the lots are priced at Ranger or F-150 levels because they're all loaded AWD XLT's or Lariats. I have only seen a single hybrid Maverick. Half tons are not that expensive and they half really stupid resale values while this will be worth frick-all 10 years from now.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>most on the lots are priced at Ranger or F-150 levels because they're all loaded AWD XLT's or Lariats

That's true for every car, though. If you compare top trim + all the options to any base model of something else it's not the same. I would ask my Ford dealer to make me a base Maverick with nothing but the tow package, if I was going to buy one.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Most dealers will frick you with a whole bunch of bullshit fees if you try to special order some stripper trim.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>4k max is 2k realistic
            Hilarious cope. 4k max is more like 6k realistic because they have to round down for nanny state mandated safety considerations. That's why all the tow ratings are like double in Europe.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>4k max is 2k realistic
            >Hilarious cope. 4k max is more like 6k realistic because they have to round down for nanny state mandated safety considerations. That's why all the tow ratings are like double in Europe.
            I think that's the difference between kg and lb

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's not. The tow ratings in North America and Europe are vastly different. Vehicles can tow a lot more in Europe when they run negative tongue weights and they're limited to 50mph.

Even in America you still never want to be towing at your max tow. Tow capabilities have got so out of hand these days that people forget how much weight 3000lbs on a trailer is and what it can do to a tow vehicle at high speeds. A small trailer like that will still jack knife the shit out of a 6k+lb 3/4 ton truck. So do you think it's smart towing that much with a little 4000lb "truck" even if it's rated for it?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>The AWD model gets marginally better economy than a half ton truck.
          idiot

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Based on data from 27 vehicles, 1,193 fuel-ups and 386,636 miles of driving, the 2022 Ford Maverick gets a combined Avg MPG of 24.84 with a 0.29 MPG margin of error.

>Based on data from 18 vehicles, 795 fuel-ups and 336,640 miles of driving, the 2022 Ford F-150 gets a combined Avg MPG of 18.31 with a 0.21 MPG margin of error.

Gee it's sure worth driving a cuck truck to save $500/yr in gas!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

still more fricking fuel efficient and cheaper, or get the fricking hybrid instead.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

33% more MPG is a substantial amount. It means with the same fuel you'd get from Miami to Atlanta in the F-150, you can get to Nashville in the Maverick. That's no joke.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And the hybrid gets ~35 mpg. It's a great option for people that don't need a real truck. Not everyone needs a half ton. If you don't really need one, Maverick is good. Just a decent SUV with a bed, not sure why anyone would be mad about it. I don't think anyone is pretending it's as capable as a half ton.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Just a decent SUV with a bed,
            I mean it costs as much as higher trims of cuckovers but has Corolla-interiors both in quality and size. Is it worth paying the premium for the LARP bed?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>$500/yr is not significant

Oh, right. I'm on DA where everyone pretends they make $250k/yr starting.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's almost like the smallest amount of currency you could have

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Assuming a vehicle lifespan of 300,000 miles, that's 4,300 gallons of gas difference between those two vehicles. With the current average price of gas that's nearly $16,000 savings over the life of the vehicle.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>assuming you're going to get a Ford to 300k miles

All our Transit Connects were uneconomical to keep on the roads after just 2 years and less than 50k miles. Yeah have fricking fun with any vehicle related to that, like the Maverick.

You're also ignoring the resale value of the half ton vs the unibody crossover with a bed.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I've had my Maverick for a year and last week the dealership called me up asking if I want to trade it in because they have so many people clamouring for used ones. I think I'll be fine on resale value.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Try that 10 years from now, moron.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'll most likely keep it for 20 years

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're fricking delusional lmao.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm the one who can have a new Maverick, and you're the one coping about not having it. Who's more likely to be delusional here?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'd say the one who thinks they're going to get 20 years out of a Ford car. Also you're the one driving the cope "truck".

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

If you have a need to tow huge shit then the maverick obviously wasn't made for you. This is what I'm talking about when I say truck gays are insecure. Most people will haul a refrigerator at most which this would be perfect at and it's priced reasonably.
          What makes you so insecure that you have to seethe at a small truck that isn't marketed for you?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>The AWD model gets marginally better economy than a half ton truck.
          Man I hadn't looked at this but the AWD is 24 combined and the tremor (AWD model with mud terrains) is 21. I'm getting 22mpg average mixed driving with my 4x4 5.0 coyote and off-road tires. Who tf is buying this thing for fuel economy? I mean I think they are cute and all and I'd consider a single or super cab variant if it ever existed just for convenience but damn that is way worse milage than I was expecting.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Gay and ugly

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Post car

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ok

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

White cars look so rental fleet-y it's gross

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Post car

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

im not him but he's right. ill take the bait. pic rel is a vid of my make/model/year/color

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i agree, and i take it a step further: white, black, & grey cars are for NPCs. fight me

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I’ve seen them on the road, and there’s something wrong with them. They’re like too narrow, if that makes sense.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i still can't believe chevy hasn't made a response to the maverick yet. they literally have the moat well known history with the utility vehicle in america. All ford is competing with is the hyundai which doesn't sell at all due to kia boys, and the rumored Toyota Stout which isn't out yet and only has a possible body reveal in the form of that EV truck concept

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>i still can't believe chevy hasn't made a response to the maverick yet
      They have the Montana in South America

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no wonder then. looks fugly and it wouldn't sell in the US. GM needs to audit and sack their designers

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I mean, it's just not as dishonest as the Maverick. It doesn't attempt to pass for a real truck and the roofline gives it away.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

GM trucks are all ugly as hell

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buying any truck that isn't a Yota
    Why would you even attempt to do such a thing?

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My biggest gripe with the Mav aside from F*rd is the relatively short bed and the fact that higher trims are already approaching brand new taco/Frontier/etc. territory. Either way when I found out Chevy still makes an S10 model (S10 Max or some shit) and just has it in Latin America and whatnot I was beyond pissed, so fricking tired of these dickletmobiles that cost an entire fricking mortgage being the only truggs around. And there’s only so much of the older stuff left, especially if you live somewhere like the rust belt. GM can suck my wiener for depriving us of kino actual midsize/small truggs.
    t. Mid 90’s S10 enjoyer

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Very gay

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't mind it but I will always find it hilarious that almost all of the Maverick's pre-release marketing focused on the fact that it had a starting MSRP of under $20k. When it was finally released the starting MSRP was $21k.

And now the starting MSRP is $24k.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's not hilarious that America's economy is headed down the toilet. Glad I sold my F-truck during covid.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Darn I wish we got the Toyota hilux in the states.
    What's wrong with the Tacoma?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

payload, cost

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've been looking at older trucks, because what I really want is a small truck, like an actually small truck. Have been looking at Subaru Bajas for a while, though. Might go for that, but that's not a real truck.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't like the 4 door, small bed trend. I like compact (not huge) trucks, but extended cab and 6'+ beds are a must.
    Skeptical of the FWD unibody based models, since BOF vehicles with longitudinal drivetrains are usually more durable over time and easier to work on

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

spotted a flaw

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the problem with the maverick is they have no intention of making enough of them. its bait to get you to come onto the lot and be upsold into an F-150 or crossover. its such a fricking dishonest and sleazy tactic, since this is a vehicle people actually want and be some miracle Ford went through the process of designing it to be mostly good.

but it is way too competitive, and shits all over the rest of the lineup of the very company that makes it. so they make a pittance of them knowing fell well the dealership scum will mark them up, and hope you just buy an F-150 after all.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Them not making alot has absolutely nothing with not being able to, it is because they produced too many f-150+ trucks and wasted billions on EVs that they have to cut production until those can be sold or scrapped

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If it ain't white it ain't right

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *