i really struggle to understand why japan's car culture is so strong. it really should be about the same as some place like germany or the US

i really struggle to understand why japan's car culture is so strong
it really should be about the same as some place like germany or the US

in japan:
>filling up at a petrol station is the exact same as in the US where an attendant fills up for you
>have to pass a strict inspection on your car every 2 years to keep it road legal
>taxed up the ass for displacement and size
>mandatory speed restrictors on cars
>traffic jams wherever you look
>robbery-tier toll roads

so why do people in japan like cars so much?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Because they just do, you homosexual. Now go b***h and moan your way back to r/frickcars and dilate with your other homosexual reddit frickbuddies.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

it looks like you don't know the answer either

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

It's called having a hobby or and interest in things you like. It doesn't have to be explained. Sorry you're too autistic to fathom this.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

so why doesn't germany's car culture look like japan's?
          germany is all just Black person-specced VWs and the occasional old M3 or 911

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

because germoids are brainwashed ZOGGED slave race scum and Black folk

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

americans must be the same as well, then

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>americans are slaves and Black folk
            yeah there's no argument here king

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>that one supra owner

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

can anyone spot the oldest car in this photo?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

The two Impalas

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Jeeps

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

My guess is the red Buick

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

The echo across the street.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I'm such a car autist that I can name every make and model of each car, truck and suv in this one photo.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>can name product lines with millions in sales
            yeah

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Its because usually the Black person specced cars are the ones at car meets.

Proper enthusiasts simply enjoy their cars.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Proper enthusiasts simply enjoy their cars.
            You mean appliances.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>You mean appliances.
            It's not an appliance but a toy if you only use it for fun.

That said, German car culture can be awesome if you go to race tracks and not rando VW meets. Go where people drive, not where they park.

Drove a supreme twisty road through Schwarzwald this friday, got overtaken by a bunch of hooning Porsches.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Germans are low-culture scum and always have been, look at their history.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

because ricing cars in Germany is way harder than in Japan

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>filling up at a petrol station is the exact same as in the US where an attendant fills up for you
    Don't have that in my state
    >have to pass a strict inspection on your car every 2 years to keep it road legal
    Not that either lol car's too old

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

You forgot the part where car enthusiasts is like .1% of the Japanese population. The rest has boring npc cars, often even kei cars, or no car at all.

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Some spend all their money on naked plastic figures. Some on cars.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>so why do people in japan like cars so much?

they have soul. The Japanese appreciate high quality goods. Whether it's nice tea, a well crafted piece of sushi, an electronic device that works properly and lasts a long time, or even engines and vehicles. They appreciate quality and performance in all areas, it goes back to Zen philosophy

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I finally broke down and decided to get a car because my kid is getting too big to haul around on a bicycle and because I'm tired of having to go across town at weird hours every time I plan a trip with friends because the only person with a car lives in bumfrick nowhere. Other than those 2 things I'm perfectly happy to just use a train or a bicycle.

t. lived and worked in Japan for over a decade

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Trying to understand the why behind any aspect of Japanese culture as a white is a pointless struggle. Their base autism is just very elevated, they think and experience the world differently from the rest of us.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

China does not have these problems and are not as materialistic over cars.

Why does Japan get all of this good press and praise from DA?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>japan’s culture is strong
      >China does not have these problems
      Problems?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>are not as materialistic over cars.

I smell bullshit.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Does China even have a car scene

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>China does not have these problems and are not as materialistic over cars.
      Bruh. China is the most materialistic nation/culture on the planet. If you think American consumerism/materialism/gold-digging is bad, then China has that x10.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

has to be bait. why else does bmw have xbox hueg sniffers

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

schizo thread

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Most gas station in Japan are self serve.
    Inspections and tax costs are overblown though they are obviously higher than in America.
    Traffic sucks but if you get out of the cities the roads are amazing.
    Cars aren't mandatory for life so a higher percentage of drivers are enthusiasts.

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>traffic jams wherever you look
    >robbery-tier toll roads
    Man it must suck living in a blue state. Zero of these apply to most of the US.

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Because the roads are far more driveable for one. I could ask the same about the US and it's highways that turn into parking lots every day.

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Culture is made by people. A homogenous society ends up with superior culture because the people can relate and enjoy sharing experiences. Hence why so many whites hate Black folk, etc.
    Japan also has crazy population density so the 3 out of 100 people who like cars have more friends because there are so many people.

Also the Japanese have very regimented and strict lives so the car is where they can let their individuality out.

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

you didn't even scratch the worst part
    >japanese cops have it out for anyone driving a car somewhat resembling a sporty car and fine the shit out of you with, be it actual violations or shit pulled out of their ass when meanwhile family waggons go 20 kmh over the speedlimit without anyone stopping them

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>worst
      You mean best.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

It's like a slightly Toned down version of Ausfailia

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

its only two states that do that though

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *