I'd like to buy an impractical 90s coupe, which should I get?

I'd like to buy an impractical 90s coupe, which should I get?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

90s poopra is peak impractical from both a financial and driving standpoint

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pillarless coupes with V12s > all
    If it has to be a manual I'd therefore look at an 8 series, and I'd definitely look at a Viper if you're just looking for a raw 'driver's car'

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Then you should get the Ferrari or drop a V12 in the Esprit

• 3 weeks ago
      p

The atrocities of 90’s wheelgap

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

there's practically zero gap

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The atrocities of 90’s wheelgap

is that thing fricking stock?

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

c5 vette

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

these aren't impractical. they're about as forgiving as a sports car can get. forgiving clutch, as much trunk space as a sports car can have, the very common and un-exotic LS engine architecture that have parts everywhere, very mundane styling that does not draw unwanted attention.

these are what you buy when you want a sports car without the bullshit of a sports car.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>as much trunk space as a sports car can have
        I KNOW you did not just say the vette has a trunk lmao. Vettes are practical strictly from a mechanical standpoint in the same way an nsx is. They just don't break, and if they do, you can fix it for less than a new set of tires. But compared to other coupes? You have no trunk and no interior. Every other car has the extra benefit of a back seat and the ability to recline your driver seat. A vette is a fixed position unless you're too short to reach the pedals. Also having a transaxle and pretty cramped engine compartment and the engine up against the firewall is not the greatest layout to work on. The vette is the ultimate compromise for performance and simplicity. Not performance vs practicality

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bruh, that's plenty of space for a grocery run, or a road trip where you pack luggage for you and another person with a few extra bags probably. If you want an impractical trunk, look at the miata

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that trunk will barely fit a luggage. its not deep enough. A miata trunk carries way more than that. A corvette trunk is almost as bad as a frunk on an mr2 or porsche

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I was not able to fit a pretty standard luggage into a Fiata
            The opening was too small, the trunk was to shallow

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That's a lot of space for a convertible.
          t.convertible owner

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you want the least practical go for the Porsche

It's the most practical of them

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

depends on what you wan from your car
    your list gives the feeling that you'd rather be cruising than anything else so i'll knock the viper out, otherwise you would have just chosen that without considering the rest
    NSX is massively overpriced for what you get, although my dream car i would never consider it anymore
    Esprit is nice but i feel like you'll have issues long term with parts with how freaking rare the car is nowadays
    The ferrari i won't pretend to know well enough to give an opinion

For me this would be between the 8 series and the 911. The 911 is nice and the last air cooled but there's a reason they're also so cheap in terms of air cooled porches. The 8 series are still cheap-ish, and to me are the best deal here with cool factor included.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Viper and 911 are the only ones reliable enough to be able to enjoy

8 series are piles of garbage though.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

an extremely unique and very cool pile of german garbage to be fair

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

True. There was one down the road from old apt thats never moved. I'd still look at it every time I passed by though.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>but there's a reason they're also so cheap in terms of air cooled porches.
      993s are the most expensive ones other than original RSRs

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Are they? I imagine the turbo and such models but whenever i see a carrera 993 on BAT or CL its always lower in price than other air cooled models

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pick your stereotype:
    8 Series: hairy, middle-aged brown person
    456: poverty spec poseur
    993: boring, conformist dentist
    NSX: weeaboo ricer
    Viper: Yank from Alabama
    Esprit: Bond wannabe

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I won't pick any of them if that's what I'd be

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

993 is the obvious choice. I'd personally have a V8 Esprit, it's the best looking by far

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lotus. Anything less would be uncivilized.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

show bank account or frick off

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

snek
    lotus
    horse
    nsx
    porsche

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No offence but who's picking the BMW over anything else there? Awful engine, fat, looks worse than the E24 before it

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why not an R35 GTR? Why do I never see these being discussed on DA?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

DA is gay but not that gay

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>R35 is gay
        I'm listening

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

read the op again
      also because the price goes up every fricking model year so it's forever out of the budget of most people here, and barely anyone has 70-100k in their bank account to bust on one of these used
      plus they're old as frick and largely the same since they released, everything worth talking about was talked about a decade ago

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>read the op again
        >90s coupe
        R34 is just as impractical and will be road legal for import in 2024 in the USA. Will probably appreciate in price too.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I live in yurop

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

oh mate I'll ave the bobbies com' in an nab ya for staying up past yer bedtime ya filthy wanker m8

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It has been discussed to death
      remember it's almost 20 years old

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Corvette ZR1

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

1999 Honda Accord Coupe V6. Swap in a manny troony and add 2 big turbos and it's as good as gold.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Viper. It's the only one that's unique out of the bunch. You can buy modern versions of any of these cars that will be better but you can only buy a Viper if you want a Viper.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You can still buy a better version of the viper. Its called the zr1. Cheaper to own, faster, cheaper and easier to make power, more parts availability, pulls harder on the skidpad, all with better mpg.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mr. 2

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

a70 supra

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I'd like to buy an impractical 90s coupe

JAAAAAG

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They're all fricking autos every single one. Breaks my heart because jags look sexy

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You're mom's a sexy autistic too

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Manual swap it.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

They're all fricking autos every single one. Breaks my heart because jags look sexy

Nah some of them were 5 speed manuals, I'd like to swap one into mine one day but they are still pretty hsrd to come by

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the povertymaker

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My mom had a BMW so I'm getting the manual 12 cylinder abomination that was shat out of Satan.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Always thought the C208 CLK with the full AMG option looked cool

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why not go full moron
    https://tvrgarage.com/tvr-for-sale/1997-tvr-cerbera-2/

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I saw an esprit turbo for like $30k somewhere in california. I think that makes it the cheapest on your list o_o

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Buy a clapped out Esprit and then drop an Aston Martin V12 in it. You then get the best looking car, best sounding car, and one you built yourself

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Porsche 944

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just buy a 997 Turbo

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Ultima

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *