If I buy a sports car... are people going to randomly challenge me to races?

If I buy a sports car... are people going to randomly challenge me to races? To me, it sounds like turning on PVP mode and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>If I buy a sports car... are people going to randomly challenge me to races?
    This isn't The Fast and The Furious univrrse, anon.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes.

You either look like a cop or you drive something nobody wants to play with.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Remember before YouTube was around people would upload videos to a certain ftp of driving around in their ricers looking for other ricers to challenge to a race? Does anyone still have any of those vids saved?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

RIP streetfire.net

OP you sound like a soggy cold pussy.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>are people going to randomly challenge me to races?
    I've only ever had this once, and I was in a grey 4 door BMW

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you're in something high-end like a Vette, most people pussy out around you and give you space and respect. Sometimes sports car drivers will join each other in cutting up in traffic but spontaneous racing is hardly a thing.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this, I bought a really fast car and now everyone just pussies out. I'm about to de-badge it.

Last boomer I passed in a c8 wouldn't even look at me he was so ashamed.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Minorities typically do this. Do not act like a minority.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What this anon said.
      Beware...
      This has been your post from the White Man (TM)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>oh no you can't violate the HOA agreement, not on shabbat!!
      Hot rodding, stock cars, and practically every form of auto racing was invented by white guys including all the cool illegal stuff. Included within the faustian spirit that dwells within the sons of europe is the need for speed, mechanics engineering, freedom etc.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The fun car = minority argument has officially been killed

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's could not be more wrong. Nascar literally started from hillbillies trying to outrun the feds.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

White southerners trying to outrun the ~~*feds*~~ lick boot and be a commie in hell you homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Damn I forgot being white means no fun.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

back in my day your pvp was automatically flagged upon entering contested territory

7. 3 weeks ago
    Dakota

yes

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes

9. 3 weeks ago
    Dakota

mines not even a fast car but normies don't seem to know so they line their mustangs / challys up next to me at lights and start the song and dance lol it almost reminds me of how birds try to mate.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

not really, especially if you just drive a vanilla car. But if you put any visible mod on it then you're asking for it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

underglow in particular is generally a signal you will race

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

relatively accurate. I would also say, even without visual mods, if you've got an aftermarket header/cat/exhaust, and make it obvious in any way that you do, you will likely get challenged to race. also I'm fairly certain no one but boomers know what a courtesy rev is anymore and take it as a challenge

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i had a 6l 2500 silverado, and the exhaust was mostly missing so it was loud as frick. there was once someone tried racing me, some fancy new mercedes with an equally loud exhaust, he launched off the line but let me catch up and we both floored it from 80km/h. he smoked me obviously but it was still fun 🙂
    anyway- if someone wants to race you, just don't? if they try to chop you or give you three honks or whatever else people do to invite a race, eother shake your head or do your own thing. no one controls what your vehicle does except for you. buy yourself a nice car and enjoy it how you want to, op.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This whole post reads like weird ironic boomer posting but lacks any of the expected notes that would make it humorous. I can't tell if you're wildly unfunny and unfun or a master baiter.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

what about my post seems like bait?? i am moronic yes, but i'm just trying to tell op to buy the nice car he wants and to do what he wants with it. race in a slow car, don't race in a fast car, whatever, if it's your machine beat on it or baby it, it's your call at the end of the day, and some goober challenging you to a street race shouldn't affect what you do with your ride.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The most was my second car, a kid driving a 68 Mustang for 9 years. In my 20's all the others had Camaro/TransAm and Honda boys. I was the only kid at the car meets with a Classic. Had dual glass packs, loud as frick and set off car alarms. Every light, every day, everybody wanted to race. Some days I wasn't really in the mood, get's to where you simply stop racing every stupid Honda or WRX that thinks he has something. You really can't, if you hammer it every light it won't last long. After several repairs, this sets in. Best time of my life though, looking back. Great times, cruising Houston in large packs of GT Mustang's hunting ricer boys and crashing their meets and races. Not getting home till 3 or 4am. Racing all night, running from cops...

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

As this anon says I can confirm if you are a zoomer or millenial driving a golden age muscle/pony car it doesn't matter what's actually under the hood if you run glasspacks and headers because most guys in your age bracket will assume it's fast and try to race you. Even still I get guys my age in BRZ try to race me at stop lights even though my engine is due for a hot 400-500hp rebuild on my "new" project car and I'm going to be swapping the troony for a 4-speed unit and the old diff for an LSD instead of an open diff to really wake it up. Maybe then I could perform, but as it stands I can't. My other car has the power, but there have been ongoing brake issues I've been spread thin trying to diagnose. Maybe I should buy a Duster or Demon.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

people will drive more aggressively around you and try to pull at stoplights a lot
    I drive my weekend car pretty defensively in traffic and people still mad max around me like it's going to instigate me into participating in their nascar fantasy

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I am one such person. Challenging mentally-challenged ricers to race is a hobby. I always lose, thanks to my 100 wheel horsepower Honda Accord, but its first gear is so short I can always make a good 0-40 pull before eating shit in 2nd. Black person next to me more often than not goes fricking flying and gets caught by a cop. I love it. Frick you.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

depends heavily on what you are driving and what they are driving. if they are driving a mopar then the answer is yes, and you should just ignore them because no matter what they will say they win.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've had (sometimes rather cute) girls in fat sports SUVs try to race at 2am. I know they're hormonally fricked underagededs who just got their license but it's really amusing - them trying to race my beater in mommy's SUV. Actually got to talking to one who owned a clapped out miata, she's as autistic about her car as any other ricer. It's so funny.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>If I buy a sports car... are people going to randomly challenge me to races?
    I drive an old Prius and people still challenge me. The point is, it doesn't matter what kind of car you drive.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you have an exhaust people will try to race you. It also depends what car it is. Little ricelet stancelets try to drive faster around fast cars until the other car is incredibly faster.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *