I'm 30 years old and have just started learning to drive. How embarrassing am I?

I'm 30 years old and have just started learning to drive.
How embarrassing am I?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You think there's something special about 16?

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The fact that you give any weight to homosexuals like us on an anonymous imageboard is the most embarrassing thing about you. Stop defining your self-worth on the opinions of total strangers.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's nothing embarrassing about learning something new. Keep going, anon. I'm cheering for you.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Eh I'm 28 and have my driver test tomorrow. Better late than never. And honestly I was a shithead in my teens-early 20s, would probably had totaled a car while high.
    Anyway, what car will you buy?
    I'm a french poorgay and those are my options:
    >Peugeot 207
    >Clio 3
    >Toyota Yaris
    maybe Twingo but they are strangely pricey nowaday.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm 32, didn't get my licence until eve of turning 32. My dad tells me I drive like I have done so for many years, but there are still some things I had to relearn (which has been a natural process whenever I've driven various cars) because my standards were slipping and I realised bad habits need to be stamped out asap (not checking blind spots before manoeuvre and giving way to my right in left-hand traffic are the main ones.)
    Stats show there's a correlation between test pass rates dropping with age, like even within the 20s age group.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Everyone starts when they do. The only embarrassing option is to never have started cause you didn't want to 'by the guy that started late'.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm 6'4" and I just finished jerking off to a Sarah n Tuned video

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm 29 and Europoor, gonna pay of some debt before I get my license. Literally can't afford to do both. But I know plenty of people my age and older with no license, so it's cool life isn't a race.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I learned to drive half a year ago at 28. A relative of mine just got his at 30 a month ago. My coworkers daughter recently learned at the usual age and just got into a wreck (she's fine luckily). It's all whatever. I'm glad for the new hobby and freedom. Good luck, go the speed limit, and leave room for breaking.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

got my drivers license when i was 29

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

who cares

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

if youre a third worlder or live in a gay city, its not too embarrassing

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

if european
    understandable
    if american
    cringe

but better late than never

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>got my license at 17
    >drove my dad's car a couple times
    >went to uni a few months later
    >haven't driven in the 7 years since
    Going to buy a car this year. How fricked am I? Is it really muscle memory, or will I have forgotten everything? Mainly worried about launching.

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not as embarrassing as someone too afraid to try
    Not as fat at those frickers who drove at 16 and now can't go anywhere or get anything done without their car crutch
    Pretty brave, bro.

Just remember to stay calm, don't go when it doubt, and keep right expect to pass
    We're behind you

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I'm working on learning things
    It's a lot better than people your age still relying on Momma and Poppa to drive them around.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Breh I got 12+ years of driving on you lel. Especially those critical teenage years when you soak everything up and it becomes second nature. If you started at 16, by 30 you have those 10k virtuoso hours and that driversense ultra instinct of predicting how people are going to act based on their car/driving style, speeding past everyone gracefully, being comfortable enough to push the car to the limit. That level of driving confidence can't be faked, it makes women feel safe. You started too late, by the time you get this experience your brain will be aged, not as quick to intuit, maybe during your 40s you can feel it but 50s and up your vision is going bad, your brain is actually getting soft not meme soft, so yeah the window of feeling like a chad is smaller.
    This is why pilots should also start in their teens and 20s. Pilots in their 30s and up it gets rough.
    Not to dump on you OP thats the truth

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>How embarrassing am I?
    I shifted careers three times and I haven't even hit 30. Learning to drive is way less embarrassing than that.

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I got my license at 18, didn't drive at all during college since I lived near campus, and drove on the freeway a few weeks after graduation at the tender age of 23. You're OK

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

sorry but you will never drive as good as someone who started at like 13 but still go for it and make the best you can

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If a driving instructor asks why you left it so long just saying that you spent the last 15 years in jail for a double homicide.

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The embarrassing part is that you think it's embarrassing and needed to make a thread about it instead of just shutting up and driving.

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Don't worry OP. I got my license just before I turned 28 and it feels good.

After I wasted my chances to take the course in my late teens because of crippling depression so I started to convince myself that I actually don't a car as live in a city with good public transport, even getting into 'cars bad' rhetoric for some time.
    Luckily I feel better now, so I was able to face the fact that I was bullshitting myself just because of being afraid to start the course long after all my peers.
    I don't even drive very often but the very ability to get wherever you need is life changing.

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>these are the car enthusiasts you share a board with

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You can like and be enthusiastic about something without directly participating in it, do you think military hardware enthusiasts have attack helicopters sitting in their backyards?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I learned how to drive stick at 32 and mastered it at 35.

You could nurture younger generations or tell them to frick off and kill the scene, your choice.

25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nothing wrong with that anon. You're learning at least

26. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you're in the US, your only socially acceptable excuse is that you were born and raised in NYC and you need a license to load up the U-haul and GTFO, before it burns to the ground.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *