In five years tops you WILL drive an EV wether you like it or not

In five years tops you WILL drive an EV wether you like it or not

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This will only happen if EVs are getting given away or are being sold for ludicrously cheap
    Neither will happen

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>being this naive
      Brandon or whoever they replace him with will ban new sales and will shadow ban existing ones by inflating ownership fees with gas taxes, special insurance requirements, etc

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The answer to 2030 is 1975

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

And then maybe in another 100 years maybe finally most of the ICE cars will be off the road
        K-keep me posted

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Teskla thread
    >spontaneously catches fire
    >all occupants are burned to death

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why is it ever car fire I see on instragram is a rube goldberg machine?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

We've been having this same discussion for years.
        >Car fires are rare as shit
        >Car fires are usually from ignoring obvious issues, junk in the engine bay (birds nests, rat nests), or electrical issues from the previous owner splicing in 6 subwoofers with wire nuts then removing them without caring, for example.
        >(the big one) EV fires are horrific and cause a lot of collateral damage and probably an average American's year wages in gov't resources to put out.
        It's not a huge deal, but you've gotta admit EV fires are on another level.
        In 5 years I'll be driving a catless RWD ICE manual as always.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>car fires are rare

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Also let me know when an EV fire destroys a freeway and causes hundreds of millions in economic damage.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>comparing an oil tanker to a sedan
            EVs literally burnt down (so far): an airport, multiple cargo ships, apartment complexes (Norway, etc)

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's a gas tanker, which exist because of gas based transportation. All gas in your car was transported via tanker.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Also name a single cargo ship burned down by an EV.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cargo-ship-fire-netherlands-ev-electric-vehicle-battery-north-sea-freemantle-highway/

>in the audio of an emergency call released by Dutch broadcaster RTL, someone can be heard saying "the fire started in the battery of an electric car."

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The actual investigation found it wasn't.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yeah, the ~~*actual investigation*~~ lol
            you mean the coverup, untold amounts of hush money involved

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Are you trolling? You think some random dude on the scene knew exactly at the time the point of ignition for a bunch of unlabled containers, and the contents of every container, compared to expert investigators who spent weeks or months investigating the cause?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yeah, trust the ~~*experts*~~, man

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Fossil fuel connected media makes people irrationally believe EVs are a fire hazard.
            >When a fire happens people who consume that media immediately blame EVs.
            >Fossil fuel connected media reports most sensational version of story.

The fire was no where near where the EVs were.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Fossil fuels are the past, the present, and the future.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

CRTs were first commercially made in the 1930s.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

its basic risk assesment.
          you are far more likely to die in a car accident than and asteriod hitting earth, yet if an asteroid hits earth we will all die.
          do you go around worrying about asteroids? dont think so, but you probably like to be on the safe side while driving.
          kinda the same with ice vs ev fires. ice fires are my a solid magnitude more common but ev fires are harder to put out, if they happend.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

AI greentext

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>AI is watching you,
        >Better watch your step, smoothbrains

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Joke's on you and him, can't fall into the EV trap if I've switched away from cars entirely.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Five years you say?

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Diesel engines will never go away because evs can’t do what they do

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I feel like people were saying this five years ago

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Electric cars are for "men" who's favorite sex position is the camera man.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ok so what camera would you recommend?

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You'll have to pry my clutch pedal and shifter out of my cold, dead hand.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

implying his fat ketamine addicted ass will be alive in 5 years

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this image is such a perfect representation of america

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

frick wrong pic

10. 3 weeks ago
    Dakota

i will still drive my celica

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mmmhmmm, sure thing. Keep telling your friends on /n/ that.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ive thought about buying a proper solar panel system for my house, and then buying more panels and batteries to sustain an electric vehicle.
    but at the point the technology (and economy) is at right now, i doubt that will be affordable. hope that changes in the future.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The greatest day, which is not far off now, will be when gaschads finally say frick it and start publicly assaulting EVgays. Like just savagely beat them to death at a charging station and leave them slumped on the hood of their Teslas with half their jaw torn off from a hit by a 36" pipe wrench. I know low-T gays will think this is just DA posturing and edgeposting but it's honestly going to happen. The day will come when all of these hebrew tricks will finally exhaust the patience of the kind-souled among us, and they'll just revert to medieval levels of problem solving.

Batterygays you're on notice. I suggest moving to a place where your lazy homosexualry will be tolerated, like Spain.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

hothothothothot

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>In five years tops you WILL drive an EV wether you like it or not
    I'd be cool with that. My co-worker just got one and he lives near me. His 100mile/day commute costs him ~$2/day with the regen technology and mine costs me ~$15/day.

Its not gonna tow anything but that isnt what everyday driving is for 99% of people anyways.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>$15/day for 100 miles
      Stop using premium fuel then, I don't get anywhere close to that price for the same distance.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It runs like shit if I don't use mid-grade.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

If you want cheaper fuel, you need a car that is more efficient. Saying the EV is cheaper is just because your car is more expensive, so even some little shitbox like a Toyota Corolla will greatly reduce your fuel spend.

It's a shame the US doesn't have diesel. My country has a tonne of diesel cars and the economy/range is so good that it's the key threat to EV sales. I can easily manage about 600 miles or more with a diesel on just $50USD.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Keep dreaming bucko

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'll take the motorcycle pill before that ever happens, I only commute for 3 miles anyway.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nope

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I’ve actually thought of buying a depreciated compliance EV as a daily alongside some sort of fun and thirsty ICE vehicle, so I could see it.

If it’s going to be my only vehicle, I won’t be getting anything less ICE-y than an EREV, since dealing with range anxiety with a 5-figure appliance with zero workarounds is a complete nonstarter for me.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All i ask is for a pre-2015 AMG Mercedes.
    You can't get those electric.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Have fun as 30 year old diesels pass you while you wait an hour for your milk float to recharge at extortionate electricity rates

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *