is it bad to put ac cranked to the max? it pisses me off when i get my car back from dealer, turn it on and ac is blowing max. is it no problem?

is it bad to put ac cranked to the max? it pisses me off when i get my car back from dealer, turn it on and ac is blowing max. is it no problem?

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

yeap the fan will dislodge and cut your legs off

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>when i get my car back from dealer
    kys wrenchlet

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Idk man they have better tools and a lift unlike my driveway. I do most things on my own but I'm not fricking with my brakes or suspension DIY style. I don't mind paying for the peace of mind having people that know how to do it do it

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>Idk man they have better tools and a lift unlike my driveway.
        Then stop buying harbor freight trash and get a lift, you can pick up a used one for less than $2k.
        >I do most things on my own but I'm not fricking with my brakes or suspension DIY style. I don't mind paying for the peace of mind having people that know how to do it do it
        Just admit that you're a lazy limp wrist homosexual. Brakes and suspension aren't even hard.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Anon, from one moron to another suspension and especially brakes are dead fricking easy to do. Get a floor jack and some stands and spend an afternoon with a youtube diy on your phone.
        You'll be fine.
        Barring that, just take the fricking thing to an indy shop in the area that specializes on their make. Labor will be cheaper than the dealer, and believe me nine times out of ten the work done there is better too.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Yeah that's what I was doing. I took my car to a Benz only indie shop until that guy got divorced, closed the shop and moved out of state.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>I do most things on my own
        >but I'm not fricking with my brakes or suspension
        ok so you dont work on your own shit
        theres nothing wrong with that but just admit it straight up. any moron can change spark plugs and air filters

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Can you read my son? I didn't say I never worked on my car at all, I only said I don't do major work on it. Changing filters, adding/swapping fluids, spark plugs, bulbs, wiper blades etc etc I DIY those. I also put a new bumper beam and grille on a car I used to have because the seller drove it into a parking lot pole at 3mph and bent the metal beam under the bumper cover so I had to remove all that and put the fresh beam and the cover back on along with the new grille since the original was cracked.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Changing filters, adding/swapping fluids, spark plugs, bulbs, wiper blades etc etc I DIY those
            >any of that stuff
            >DIY
            anon be honest, do you even own jack stands? There's nothing wrong with not being able to do actual work on your car, but don't shit up this board by lying about it.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

coil spring compressor tools cost like $60, the rest of the suspension can be done with hand tools

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>having people that know how to do it do it
        they know how to do it, but they are so alienated by changing brake pads on shitboxes that they will do a shit job anyways.

I never had a good interaction with a mechanic, they always seem to frickup something.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>they always seem to frickup something.
          any examples?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

That's what tipped you off about this post that he was a wrenchlet? Pot kettle black. gay

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

does being a whiny dick make you feel better about yourself or what?

kys homosexuals

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

suck a wiener homo

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

only if it's a troony wiener

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Lol wrenchlet mad that he's being called out. Least op is trying to learn you still don't know what should have tipped you off he's a wrenchlet. Protip, there's only one thing in ops post that actually proves he's a wrenchlet. Plenty of my mechanic coworkers have brand new cars and take it to the dealer for warranty purposes and the like.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

does being a whiny dick make you feel better about yourself or what?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Not him, but I used to be a full-time mechanic and I still take my shit to the dealer when it's new enough to still be under warranty, just so I have that paper trail and they can't frick me if my car needs warranty work. I don't know how they do it, buying in bulk I guess, but their oil changes cost basically the same as buying oil and a filter anyway, and it saves me the trouble of having to get rid of the old oil.

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

They're wasting your valuable freon

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

The vehicles air condition system is in a closed loop you would not have to refill the freon in the system unless you had some sort of leak. if your air conditioning is blowing warm or hot then you either have a broken air condenser or are leaking freon from some piping or tubing

Running the air conditioner does take up a bit of power and you do increase your fuel usage by a very small amount but if you have your windows down the drag your vehicle incurs usually offsets the amount of gas that you typically spend

In short, it's fine to blast the air conditioner, it doesn't affect anything and it is not a finite consumable.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Wait, so if I want to save gas I should wind down the windows while the AC is turned on? I don't get that

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I mistyped, you spend more gas with the windows down as that increases drag

Essentially if your windows are up while the AC is on, you spend roughly the same amount of gas.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Yeah it's fine. If it was harmful to your car would it even have that setting?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

You can constantly redline your engine but it's not good for it

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

In a car straight from the factory its also not generally bad for it. It's limited for a reason

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

the ac is either on or off, you only control the vents/blower motor speed.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

You also control the duty cycle and possible cut it off due to triggering a pressure valve or icing something over if shit's all fricked.

But yeah.

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Based gta sa pedestrian

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Are you one of those morons who never uses full throttle because you're afraid the engine will blow up?

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

NOOOOOOOOSSSSS

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

SHUT UP

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It should be fine as long as you got a working AC.

Dealers usually do this when they washed something inside the car. When you blow AC at max you make the air very dry so things tend the dry up faster.

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Why have I seen this exact thread word for word before?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Because some anons literally remake threads while some anons like

>Idk man they have better tools and a lift unlike my driveway.
      Then stop buying harbor freight trash and get a lift, you can pick up a used one for less than $2k.
      >I do most things on my own but I'm not fricking with my brakes or suspension DIY style. I don't mind paying for the peace of mind having people that know how to do it do it
      Just admit that you're a lazy limp wrist homosexual. Brakes and suspension aren't even hard.

are so fricking autistic that they spam these threads because they get butt hurt about the fact that some people don't work on their cars.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

OH NO NO NO LITTLE WRENCHLET BOY GOT HIS FEEFEES HURT SO NOW HE'S THROWING BASELESS INSULTS

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

How stepped on IRL do you have to be to flame anonymous strangers on a Laotian numismatic bulletin board though?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Ah yes.... the internet - where no one flames anyone ever unless they've got some sort of antisocial disorder or something...

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

They're just reeeee'ing since everyone else doesn't have to rebuild the motor in their $600 Craigslist Civic every other week to drive at all like they do. Maybe I'm just not a broke hillbilly that doesn't let my cars go to shit. I have 280K miles on my main car and 165K miles on my 2nd car WTF do they know about maintenance? Maybe they wouldn't have to work on their cars all the time if they knew what they were doing

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I've been told that it's good for the a/c to run it from time to time even if you don't habitually use it

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Setting the temp to low or max doesn't significantly change the load on the compressor. The compressor usually works within a small range of duty cycle frequencies at all temp ranges: the temperature you set inside the car is *mostly* determined by where the air is coming from (hot air into AC system, or ambient air into AC system) and not so much by how hard the AC compressor is working. A bit yes, but not a lot.

Setting the fan to min or max won't affect the cycles of the compressor either, it's just a fan that moves air regardless of temperature.

Worrying about the shop running your AC at max is like worrying that they'll wear your tires because of how aggressively they drive between the service bay and the dealership parking lot. I mean yes, objectively they will cause some wear that wouldn't be caused if they were more careful, but it's negligible.

They can (and do) do much worse things with your car which you don't even notice, so just let it go.

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I dunno about the AC, but I do use my position to drop red pills on customers. I'm a valet, so I move cars around the lot at the dealer.
    So we had this guy in service getting his car fixed, needed about a thousand dollars worth of work to pass inspection (lol, take better care of your car, moron!) and I turned on his radio, and the first station he has saved is (YUCK) the local NPR affiliate. Seriously? Anyone who listens to that vomit deserves everything that happens to them. So I changed that saved station to the local heavy rock, hard right radio station.
    Maybe I saved his soul. Hopefully he listens and gets his head straight, but if nothing else, at least I pissed off some leftie, LOL.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *