is it ever worth owning more than 1 car?

is it ever worth owning more than 1 car? Ive heard a lot of people saying its important to have a beater as a second car but to me it just sounds moronic

>double maintenance
>double registration/taxes fees
>have to pay more insurance
>cars dont like sitting without being driven, so you are sometimes gonna have to drive the shitty beater even if there is nothing wrong with your nice DD

meanwhile, if you just have 1 car then you can spend all of your resources on buying a really nice car you really like and taking care of it and IF it ever breaks down then you can just catch an uber and it will be cheaper than all of the above shit for 2 cars

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

She is literally me

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

imagine an heroing for facing a fraction of my lonliness

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

women are weak as frick, if they lived even a week in the shoes of a DA incel they would instantly an hero. I hate women so much bros.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i just want to frick and go everywhere together with someone who has a c**t why is it so hard

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Exactly, chad or stacy would kill themselves if they had to spend just one week being me, man.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You and everyone OTB is a little baby compared to me
        >24m khv
        >never been to a party, date, club, anything other than hanging out around the block
        >last time I hanged out with someone was last summer
        >do literally nothing except going to work, then coming home and playing on the pc
        I have no life experiences other than work

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I was a KHV until 28, DESPITE GOING TO PARTIES, lol
          It wasn't until I got fit and on tinder that I changed that, only to get my dream girl from college, frick her twice and then get dumped by her BPD ass, fricked me up for a good year afterwards. Fricked some MILF to fill the void, then a childless cougar I've been with for over a year now. My relationship doesn't make long term sense but I'm too stupidly attracted to her to bail out (and would hate myself for hurting her). I was probably happier as a virgin, premarital sex is a mistake.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for the story, I don't want to change my ways, I want to die a virgin

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's the ultimate chadmove, TBQH

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Partying and clubbing isn't that fun anyway. At college, I naturally fell into a big group of friends after a while and we just did whatever we felt like, usually going to parks and just chilling

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>You and everyone OTB is a little baby compared to me
          Bro, I'm 39 and khhv who has never gone to a party/club/been on a date etc.
          I can't even remember the last time I hung out with someone -- I think the closest thing was attending a company happy hour at a shitty restaurant over five years ago (I remember that much because it was back when we had our old office).
          >Just work sleep and eat. Even spent entire weekends just lying in bed only to get up to piss.
          There are always bigger fish out there. I don't even think I'm top loser on this board. I'm sure there is some 50+ dude with similar experiences.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

She's the opposite of me.
      I thrived during lockdowns.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I thrived during lockdowns.
        You're not alone there. I remember a workplace morale meeting where they asked if everyone considered the lockdown a negative aspect of their life. I was the only one that stated a neutral, or even positive change due to lockdowns.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I thrived during lockdowns.
        You're not alone there. I remember a workplace morale meeting where they asked if everyone considered the lockdown a negative aspect of their life. I was the only one that stated a neutral, or even positive change due to lockdowns.

Based fellow schizoids

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>schizoids
          To be fair, I encountered Hemi-Sync out of boredom during lockdowns and if any of those out-of-body-experiences have any credence, I will never be left alone, similar to the NSA joke that they will never leave the public unmonitored for even a moment.

Now I wake up seeing ghostly grids and it's steadily turning into a realization that the timespace reality is a steadily degrading illusion was the waveform perception doesn't feel as concrete and certain as it used to. Weird audio tapes, that's for sure.

So, it's just a Monday.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Based psychonaut.
            There was a great YouTube channel Phase..something. I forget the name. But he was super down-to-earth about exploring out-of-body experiences / astral projection, and he talked about Monroe's hemisync and all that... but then his son died and it completely broke him. True shame; I really loved his videos.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Phase..something
            https://www.youtube.com/@PhaseEvolution/videos
            Holy frick... his last video was 6 years ago. I remember watching these when they came out and it felt like it was only ~3 years at most. COVID fricked everything up.
            Anyway, I highly recommend this guy's videos and would love to know more people who are like him. I hate the woowoo bullshit most people tend to tack on to things like this.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have 5 cars. It's guaranteed at least one will be running at any given time.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mental illness is genetic and she would have infected your children.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

maintenance
    yeah
    antique tags
    >>have to pay more insurance
    you already know i dont insure shit
    >cars dont like sitting without being driven, so you are sometimes gonna have to drive the shitty beater even if there is nothing wrong with your nice DD
    good times

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>antique tags
      This. Take the 20 year old pill.

>$1100 a year full coverage, guaranteed value of $10,000, $15,000, $12,000.
      >$30 a year taxes since max assessed value on each is $500.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I had 3 shitboxes at one point. Spent most of my spare time getting the next one running before the current driver broke down on me. I was never stranded because I always did the repairs before the issue got too bad but I got tired of being up to 11:00pm covered in oil just so I can reliably make it to work the next day.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes, yes, yeah, yep, shure, absolutely and 7 times yes again just in case you didnt get it the first time.
    >double maintendance
    the beater you dont give a shit about so you just drive it anyway. its the whole point, a car you dont care about so you can do maintendance and have periods of downtime on your good car.
    if you can afford some maintendance you can buy a slightly bigger car, truck or van that lets you haul shit around but its up to you.
    >cost
    how much is it really when you go for the lowest option? its 40€/month for me, well worth it.
    >sitting
    non issue, you end up not using up your good car since you will be driving the beater most of the time. trust me...
    and it makes it more fun every time you take out your good car.
    ideally you should have 3 cars, so wastly different you have one for everything life can throw at you and every time you go between them you get this nice
    >damn i forgot how cool this car was...
    feeling.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>catch an uber
    Uber won't take me to work at 6:00 am and even if they did it would cost $100 a day.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sure it is. It’s weird how zoomers have so much trouble comprehending the fact that not everyone has the same living arrangements or circumstances.
    I’m pretty rural and live on some acreage. Wife and I have our daily drivers, and then a beat to hell f150 with 337k miles for hauling lumber or other project materials, as well for hauling trash to the dump once a month or so.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'd say it's only worth it if you can get it for a tenth (maybe 20th) of the price of your main vehicle. If you have a 10k or less car you'd be better off putting that money into something with more reliability or mileage.

But if you had a 20k car, it's value is probably gonna go down fast, and having a 2k beater so you could repair the 20k car would do you a lot better than taking it to a shop and dumping money into it.
    A few months ago I had my pump replaced on my car (regular maintenance) for 1.8k (which if I did it myself it'd be less than $500), and they also kept the car longer than they said and they returned it without power steering so they could try to keep it even longer (I called them out on it and fixed it in their lot). Let's say you fall for the scam, you also have to pay for a rental vehicle -- that's an additional 300-500 dollars per week (for a cheap vehicle) -- plus whatever they try to scam you for, so you're probably paying 3k or more when you could've bought a car for 1.8k and fixed the other car yourself for 500 and a weekend.

It sort of depends on what you're capable of doing. The other option is to just buy and lease new cars so the warranty will cover everything (some places cover rentals), but then you're paying for more than what the car is worth anyways. Inevitably, vehicles are just an expense unless you make them do work for you.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nah i would rather have 2 cars that are cheap and are specialized like 1 car thats comfy, fuell efficant and has back seats and one car thats older and more spartan in features. You cant have both in one car and some do that but at a high premium like M or AMG

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's worth it especially if you have shitboxes that need repairs and shit. You're spreading out the wear and tear across 2 or more vehicles which means you're doing about the same amount of maintenance. Registration is like $80 for 2 years, pretty negligible. Insurance is pretty negligible too. You generally only have one vehicle as your primary vehicle. Adding on a second pleasure vehicle is only a few hundred a year. Unless you're some sultan hoarding cars it's pretty easy to give 2 or 3 vehicles enough drive time to not let them rot away.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes. One practical car for your daily needs, and one fun car for your weekend wants.
    If you can afford it obviously.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Owning two cars is like owning two women. Depending on your circumstances and capabilities, both will need attention to keep them around. If you are literally incapable of doing that, stick to just the one.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

3 cars is the minimum
    1 beater car for work and whatever shit you do to and from work
    1 light 4banger
    1 v8/v10/v12

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't know why homies don't just get one nice car instead of 3 shit ones.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Beaters are only worth it if you live in rust belt hell. Having a practical daily and a separate fun car is always a good idea if you can manage it though, especially if you want your fun car to be something that needs constant wrenching or you do high-risk stuff like trackdays or hardcore canyon running with it.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>double maintenance
    No. The mileage is dramatically less and the car is older so it's less featured and parts are more affordable.
    Those are based on age and/or vehicle value so it won't be double.
    >have to pay more insurance
    No that's value based and dependent upon your driving record, melanin, and credit.
    The entire point is to drive it a lot to keep miles off your good vehicle. It would BE your DD. That's what a beater is for.

Are you stupid or just pretending?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>having a nice car, but using a crappy one instead of enjoying your nice one
      Sounds dumb.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Preaching to the choir.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's the thing, you don't enjoy a car in bumper-to-bumper commute traffic.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Having a truck for dirty shitty property ownership bullshit, plus something else that doesn't get fricked up, is nice

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You're missing the whole point. This advice applies only if your first car is a project car or you're planning on modifying it to be less reliable.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>worth
    Define "worth".

For example, if you are obsessed with accumulating money and care for nothing more than dying with a large fiscal legacy, no, it probably isn't "worth" owning multiple cars in any case because it isn't absolutely necessary. If you like driving, yes it is probably "worth" it. For me, I have a family car that I use to commute and drive the kids around when necessary, haul parts and supplies, and it's inherently limited in its fun ability because it is necessarily fairly large. Because I like driving I also have two fun cars which are old and small and varying degrees of fast, and 5 motorcycles for different purposes. Financially maybe not the absolute best for my retirement and ultimate net worth but I'm not money obsessed a long as I can retire in my 60s and so far my 401k and savings say I'll be able to do that.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

she's so hot I'd frick her dead body if it was still warm

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

While I have a business that relies pretty heavily on moving shit I can honestly say having 7 trucks 2 cars and 2 bikes is pretty sane as shit gets tied up or breaks and backups are super handy. Hell sometimes I want more to just scatter around properties to make shit easier for movement if things are hooked and in use.

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes, two or more vehicles is optimal, especially if you live where it snows. This way you can drive your nicer car for fun during the nice weather and your crappier vehicle in the snow. Also you have a backup to do mods or maintenance to your other one. Personally I like the newer car/ older truck combo. Really this works best if you own a house and have parking.
    Maintenance is not really doubled since youre driving the same total amount, just one of the cars half the time. Similar with insurance, your yearly mileage is the same and your older vehicle should be liability only, not costing that much.
    I drive my truck in the summer regularly to pick up dirt/mulch, to HD, go dirt biking, etc so it stays pretty well maintained. I park my car over the winter for 6mo and put it on the trickle charger and it is G2G. Bought the truck for 10k 12 years ago and the car for 39k 6 years ago. 145/28k respectively.

>taking an uber
    ngmi

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Owning one vehicle gets boring as frick real quick even if it's a nice one, rotating between three vehicles keeps shit interesting.

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Try having one nice car for more then 5 to 10 years in the rust belt.

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>is it ever worth owning more than 1 car?
    Sure. There's that saying that one is none, two is one. Continuity of quality-of-life is a very important priority that I think should be emphasized.

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>double maintendance
    are you somehow driving twice as much when you have two cars available?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lots of stuff expires
      oil, tires, hoses, fuel itself

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *