Is it the biggest blunder in the current generation of cars? The car itself seems perfectly decent but acura ruined it with the whole "integra" thing.

Is it the biggest blunder in the current generation of cars?

The car itself seems perfectly decent but acura ruined it with the whole "integra" thing. They thought they could bank in on nostalgia trend but it completely and utterly backfired. Who would of thought people would have high expectations over such a beloved name . If they would of just kept it the ILX(plus maybe a lil more HP too)public opinion would of been totally different.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

visually speaking it is just atrociously boring. it clashes with the hip urban non-white marketing so badly. from behind it's actually pretty decent, the little lip/fastback looks good. it might be the only thing that even remotely looks like an integra.

im not butthurt about it being a sedan, who cares. but its anemic, 7-10k more than the si, heavier than the si with the same power. And frankly i think the si looks a lot better from the front. This shit is just a straight up swing and a miss. With Toyota showing that you can do driver cars to great success, this Nutegra feels like it didnt want to commit.

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Not as idiotic as the new blazer, but it's close.

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

The whole world is just shitty reboots now

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Yup everyone's brain is dead

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

acura as a whole is a mystery
    they should stick to selling crossovers to rich immigrant families

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>the original Integra was an upgraded Civic
    >Acura makes an upgraded Civic and calls it an Integra
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW COULD HONDA DO THIS? THEY'RE DESTROYING THE HERITAGE!!!! IT NEEDS TO CONFORM TO WHAT MY IDEA OF AN INTEGRA WAS WHEN I WAS 15!!!!!

t. owned both a 90's Civic and Integra

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

civic back then was a cool little car with double wishbones and vtec

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

The Civic's still a good car, it has IRS and way better steering feel than any other economy car. If I were to buy a brand new economy car today it would be a Civic. It's changed with the times, but so has literally everything else. People are just projecting their 15 year old fast and furious fantasies onto stock Hondas.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

This. I keep telling homies that a lot if cars are going to torsion beam rear in the civic price range, and most civic drivers wouldn't notice, but Honda refuses, the civic is a fully independent car that rides pleasant in current year.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

It's a decent car but they nerfed the Si trim just to push more people to this Integra. It makes the 10th gen Si the better car to buy right now

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>the only integras people remember are the cool 2-doors
      >Acura decides to cynically cash in on that nostalgia
      >except they, being morons, stick the name on an ugly awkward 5-door hatchback
      >a name that makes people instantly compare the ugly 5-door hatchback to the cool coupes that everyone remembers

biggest unforced error in the industry for a long time, should've just stuck with ILX

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Integras came in 4 doors and hatchbacks.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>reading is hard lol!!
          see

>Acura decides to cynically cash in on that nostalgia
          >except they, being morons, stick the name on an ugly awkward 5-door hatchback
          >a name that makes people instantly compare the ugly 5-door hatchback to the cool coupes that everyone remembers

biggest unforced error in the industry for a long time, should've just stuck with ILX

Nobody gives a frick that your grandma had a 4-door LS. They already had the ILX nameplate

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It seems like a shitty car and therefore perfectly in line with my idea of an Integra. You weebs needs to get in touch with reality

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It looks like a penis window Hyundai, just without the tip

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

This. Never noticed before but aside from the shoulder line it looks uncannily like a Hyundai i40. That rear 3/4 with the rear lights and side window is spot on.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>They thought they could bank in on nostalgia trend but it completely and utterly backfired.
    says who, its barely even come out.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>its barely even come out.
      it has almost no hype, no one is talking about it, it's basically doa. compare that to the 86 or Z

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

No one has been talking about the civic Si in a long time if ever, either. its safe to say people are buying it or it wouldn't exist.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>talking about the civic Si
          it's got very high reviews from every auto reviewer, they are just very difficult to actually buy. Most reviews of the integra were a resounding "meh"

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Most 90s JDM sports cars had "high reviews". the average 90s shitbox mustang had "meh" reviews.

guess which one sold more.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

If hype meant anything KIA would be ruling the world due to Stinger sales

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

It does rule over it's segment, the TLX included

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Maybe if you put it in a segment by itself.

ive seen way too many uppity normies driving very nice looking stingers. there is definitely some hype there.

[...]
            do you really mean to say that this integra will outsell its competition despite its primary demographic hating it? why would a rich immigrant want a coupe profile sedan with a manual?

I live in a major city and can't even remember the last time I saw a stinger on the road.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

This is obvious cope. The TLX isn't fwd based with AWD available makes it no sportier than the Toyota Avalon ir Lexus ES. The rwd Stinger is instantly a sportier car to buy, despite the Kia brand. Honda is lucky Kia already announced over a year ago that they wouldn't make another Stinger

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Honda's lucky the KIA sold so bad it's getting axed
            The point

your head

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

It's marketing. All marketing. Especially when the "it sells and makes money therefore it doesn't matter what you think" trope is used.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

ive seen way too many uppity normies driving very nice looking stingers. there is definitely some hype there.

Most 90s JDM sports cars had "high reviews". the average 90s shitbox mustang had "meh" reviews.

guess which one sold more.

do you really mean to say that this integra will outsell its competition despite its primary demographic hating it? why would a rich immigrant want a coupe profile sedan with a manual?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>its primary demographic hating it?
            DA hating it means anything? i think it will be fine.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>DA hating it means anything?
            barely anyone even talks or cares about it on DA, i'm talking about meatspace

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>barely anyone even talks or cares about it on DA,
            There's been multiple threads of people just seething over this car, its like the NSX, where DA keeps claiming no one cares, but they'll keep making threads about how no one supposedly cares about it, while people with actual money continue to buy it.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>old teggy = upmarket civic with "sport" options
            >new teggy = upmarket civic with "sport" options
            Honda didn't realize that morons started considering the Integra a performance car because of one rare trim level

Is anyone buying the nu-NSX? Whenever there's a new keklaren/rarri/lambo/porchhh released I'll see one in a few weeks tops but I've never seen the NSX

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

More people have bought NSXs than LFAs, a care that DA believes everyone cared about because they do.

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

IF they called it anything other than an Integra. It would have been fine.
    But putting such dud on Integra's name was a bad idea.
    They were so desperate to cash in on the nostolgia bux when they saw the Supra and Z. They forgot about soul.

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Yeah
    To be fair, they could salvage it by releasing a new Integra Type R as a two-door coupe with a K-engine in it (perhaps tuned K-24A or K-23A to distinguish it from Civic R?)

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

They just need to release a new K20A naturally aspirated and tuned to about 230hp

It won't be as fast as a modern turbo set up, but that redline and sound would sell the car like hot cakes even today.

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

No it'll sell like heroine due to NPCs. Car enthusiasts are such a small minority in terms of the market it's not even funny anymore

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>Car enthusiasts are such a small minority

>barely anyone even talks or cares about it on DA,
      There's been multiple threads of people just seething over this car, its like the NSX, where DA keeps claiming no one cares, but they'll keep making threads about how no one supposedly cares about it, while people with actual money continue to buy it.

>while people with actual money continue to buy it
      >Car enthusiasts are such a small minority

make these two opposite statements make sense. the integra brand was brought out and given a manual option specifically to cater to car enthusiasts. Who are btw a much bigger part of the market than people claim considering any affordable sporty car is out of stock the second they come off the shipping container.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

It's marketing. All marketing. Especially when the "it sells and makes money therefore it doesn't matter what you think" trope is used.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

those aren't opposing statements you dumbass. there's plenty of rich npcs and plenty of piss poor car enthusiasts.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>any affordable sporty car is out of stock the second they come off the shipping container.
        Its because they produce so few of them. There's also the problem for the legacy car makers that they're in this awkward place where if they price the car affordably dealers will stick a huge markup on it and it won't sell, but if they put a high price tag on it it won't be competitive and it still won't sell.
        Then there's the problem of when a dealer doesn't put a high price on a car, another dealer will swoop in, buy it, and sell it as used with a huge markup.

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

why did you make a thread about a yellow Honda accord?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Check your eyes old man, it’s a civic

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>would of
    anything you say has been immediately discarded

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>plus maybe a lil more HP too
    That's literally all this car needs.
    If it was a 300 bhp sporty car, instead of just a painted 200 bhp Civic, I'd actually be considering buying one.
    But not at 200 HP

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

christ you guys have the biggest nostalgia goggles. All integras were just sporty civics with slightly higher power engines.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>christ you guys have the biggest nostalgia goggles. All integras were just sporty civics with slightly higher power engines.
        Yes of course.
        And this car would be that if not for the 200 HP engine.
        I'd actually consider buying one if it was a sporty civic with a slightly nicer interior. As an Integra should be.
        Fact is, 200 HP simply isn't "sporty" in 2022. 300 HP and I'd buy one.

Not sure why it sounds like you're trying to argue with me, it seems like we agree that a sportier Acura version of a Civic could be a good car. But that's not this car with a 200 HP engine.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>And this car would be that if not for the 200 HP engine.
          as opposed to what? the civic's 170 or whatever?
          >I'd actually consider buying one if it was a sporty civic with a slightly nicer interior. As an Integra should be.
          Which it is

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Honda literally made a production civic with 300 hp.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Honda literally made a production civic with 300 hp.
            yea with the K20C1 for the Type-R. Why the frick would Honda take their K20C1 and put it into their regular ass integra? Why would they canabalize their type R and TLX sales?

You have terrible nostalgia goggles for the Integra Type-R and yet that was only a few thousand out of the millions of integras made.

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Make a car that explicitly targets nostalgia
    >It doesn't live up to the nostalgia
    >This is the consumer's fault

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

The Integra was always a fancy Honda, you morons tricked yourselves into thinking every Integra was a Type R or some shit

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *