is this possibly the best car ever made?

is this possibly the best car ever made?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Its cool, but from what I've read engine and drivetrain were garbage.
    I think some company is selling EV conversions that are pretty fast.

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I don't know how you could confuse this with a Peugeot 205...

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

They look fast but are slow. They handle like shit. Everything in them is unreliable from the engine to the wiring.

The real question should be why is this the worst car ever?

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>is this possibly the best car ever made?
    nope.
    wouldn't even be a part of the collective zeitgeist if not for a hit movie in 1985.
    don't let nostalgia cloud your memory of what this car actually was: a poorly designed, poorly made, slow car from a poorly-ran company headed by a charismatic entrepreneur.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

maybe designed but not made

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>rear engine
      >not a flat boxer engine

Delorean was a moron who didn't understand how roll height and high rear polar inertia stack

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

It was designed for a rotary IIRC but that fell through.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

He was still smart enough to not use McDonalds struts.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

An LS in one of these is a death wish. People bin them with the stock engine, I can't imagine how quickly they'd all be totaled with LS's in them.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I would imagine the handling could be fixed with aftermarket parts. We all know the Corvair memes but those can be pretty potent track weapons with a V8 and some suspension tweaks.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Show me a V8 corvair going even moderately fast around a track

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Lmao did you even watch that video? The man was going ginger as frick through the corners then just gunning it on the straights.
            And don't even @ me with that autocross shit, cars aren't handling at 20mph.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Nobody is v8 swapping corvairs what are you talking about, why does everyone just parrot stupid bullshit they heard somewhere.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

A guy in my neighborhood has one but okay. People don't LS swap 911's either right?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>People don't LS swap 911's either right?
            If they do they sure as frick don't take videos if themselves driving fast around corners afterwards because I've yet to find evidence of a single one handling halfway decent.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

DeLoreans always have some smug Back to The Future plates.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

I hate the canadian homosexual who owns that car.

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I can't think of a single argument for it being the best car ever, but I'm a moron, so what do I know

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

You're maybe a moron but not as much as OP. There's not argument for this being the best car

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It's a cool styling exercise, I'll give it that. I wish more cars would've done the gullwing doors, stainless panels, mid-engine wedge, and overall hyper futuristic design. This thing was a UFO in 81 when it launched.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>This thing was a UFO in 81 when it launched
      maybe when it was first penned in the mid 70s, by 81 this look was already on the way out.

why does the PRV get so much hate?

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>why does the PRV get so much hate?
        Heavy
        rough running for a V6 due to V8 crank angles
        Makes poor power un Europe even for the time
        Makes WORSE power in NA due to emissions shit
        Really shoehorned into the DeLorean, absolute pig to work on
        The Delorean is one of the few cars where an electric drivetrain swap absolutely improves it in every way

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, and if you're doing a BTTF LARP, it somewhat fits into the realm of reasonability that an electric swap could've/should've happened at some point. It may even make the actual noises the car made in the movie.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>Awful french V6
        >Handles like shit
        >Stainless steel panels so they warp and crinkle and are a pain to replace (lol cybertruck)
        >Interior literally out of a 1980s GM truck
        Greatest car ever made if you discard everything that makes it a car, sure.

It's mostly from americans parroting what they heard someone else say. It's slow if it's paired with an automatic transmission, but adequate for the time with the manual (keep in mind the c3 corvette of the time had between 230hp and 180hp, depending on the emissions equipment.)

The engine is not heavy (it is all aluminium), can be worked on to produce power and had a very sucessful racing career, but admittedly the version put on the delorean is not one of better versions of it as it had the compromised exhaust port and the odd-fire crank.

The main problem with the delorean is that it's fundamentally worse than the two cars it was based on, the lotus esprit (that gave it the suspension and the chassis) and the alpine a310 v6 (shares the drivetrain and layout).

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

coolest looking? maybe

mechanically they were piles of french peugeot garbage that couldnt make it to 100k miles without major repairs

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Can it turn? Can it go fast?

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

from a strictly aesthetic point of view i'd say yes

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

No

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Makes a Fiero look like a masterpiece of GM engineering

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Ita the morbius of cars

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Awful french V6
    >Handles like shit
    >Stainless steel panels so they warp and crinkle and are a pain to replace (lol cybertruck)
    >Interior literally out of a 1980s GM truck
    Greatest car ever made if you discard everything that makes it a car, sure.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Oh and it was built by the IRA/UDA in a factory that had to be segregated because of the violence between the groups

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>MUH HECKIN TIME MACHINERINO

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

For me this is my favourite car ever made. I remember seeing one of these as a kid and my mind was blown and still every time i see one the inner child in me is happy, remembering the simpler, happier times. Is it objectively a good car? Absolutely not but i've driven much better cars but none of them can come close to how i feel about one of these.

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Ask a deloreangay what he thinks of the bricklin. If he doesn't have strong opinions on it, he's a shitty fad-riding trensprostitute who wants le epin atey-ate miles per hour marty we have to fug to the future type bullshit. Frick these people. Only dukes of hazzard fans are justified in buying a car they only like from popular media.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I had both at the same time for a while; the Bricklin is best described as a "Kit car that's trying to be a Corvette, but is a moronic Mustang II underneath."

It was awkward to drive, uncomfortable, had shitty build quality, and sourcing a mix of AMC and bespoke parts sucked ass. It was the closest I could imagine to a troony in automotive form.

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

redditmobile

19. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It's literally a piece of shit and always was.

It was a joke in the actual movie itself.

Literal reddit moron mobile.

20. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Definitely the most stylin. But for all practical purposes I’d rather drive my Malibu.

21. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

WTF? They're horrifically bad cars. The drivetrains are crap. If Delorean had muled more coke, maybe he could have raised enough cash to have it built right.

22. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

it's not even in the top 25. Maybe the mid 30s

23. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Probably the best meme car.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *