Is this the perfect suburbia vehicle? Low MSRP, bed for hauling yard materials, hybrid MPGs. What am i missing here?

Is this the perfect suburbia vehicle? Low MSRP, bed for hauling yard materials, hybrid MPGs. What am i missing here?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

missing the testosterone to realize you're driving a soi as frick "truck" that looks like a lesbian's wet dream

hth

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>looks like a lesbian's wet dream
      more pussy for meeeeee

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

the chicks who like both trucks and the basedverick are assuredly not very many

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Truckold's law

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

It's basically a newer sport Trac. Still a truck, so who fricking cares. I'd rather everyone drive those and be able to do their own shit than have them drive b***h cars and ask everyone to help them move or pick shit up from wherever.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

unlike you, I won't be bullied for what I drive

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

This
      Americans need to compensate for their micropenises
      Fun fact : Americans are on average smaller than Japanese people on average down under lol
      Pathetic Americans

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Hey man leave cowboy boots out of this, they're comfy as frick.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

This mentality is 100% why people assume you're compensating when you drive a truck

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

imagine being this much of an insecure homosexual

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

*dabs on Maverickgays*

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

twice the price, half the mpg. nah.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

With the markup I've been seeing, mavericks are damn near the same price point without the proven reliability of a Honda

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Honda
          you mean the ones that bleed gasoline into the oil and Honda refuses to acknowledge the problem?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That's for crv gays to figure out lmao

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Aren't Ridgelines notorious for shit transmissions

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yes Satan

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>parking with the bed up against a dropoff into a bush-filled gully
      urbanites staged this photo

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Low MSRP
    Most of the AWD's are selling for over $30k and the FWD's are out of stock for a year plus. Frick off.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

$30k is nothing, really, look up inflation, $30k is like $12k from 2 years ago. If you can't afford an entry-level car then that's a (you) problem.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Just copped a lease on one

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

$30k gets you a 4x4 Taco, Frontier or a Colorado. $35k gets you a 4x4 half ton. $30k is too much money for a "truck" that's going to be garbage in 5 years.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Hey look, it’s that guy that lives under a rock!

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Those are the current prices, fricknugget. Yes a couple years ago those prices would be $25k for a small truck and $30k for a half ton. You think there aren't the same markups on the Mav?

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

not true, also how many MPGs do these get?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

The listings are out there... A small truck like the Colorado will get 20mpg, a half ton will get 15-20mpg. That's pretty on par with the AWD MAV's 25mpg.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>The listings are out there... A small truck like the Colorado will get 20mpg, a half ton will get 15-20mpg. That's pretty on par with the AWD MAV's 25mpg.
            yeah, small colorado 4x4 will get 15mpg, half ton 4x4 will get 10-15mg

2wd mavrik get 33mpg, hybrid get 40mpg

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>(3.6 V6)Based on data from 40 vehicles, 1,626 fuel-ups and 446,041 miles of driving, the 2021 Chevrolet Colorado gets a combined Avg MPG of 18.84 with a 0.18 MPG margin of error.

>Based on data from 432 vehicles, 10,656 fuel-ups and 3,941,162 miles of driving, the 2021 Ford F-150 gets a combined Avg MPG of 17.71 with a 0.07 MPG margin of error.
            >Based on data from 16 vehicles, 206 fuel-ups and 58,340 miles of driving, the 2022 Ford Maverick gets a combined Avg MPG of 24.08 with a 0.69 MPG margin of error.

I don't know where you get that bullshit data from. People are not going to go for a compromised "truck" to save 5-10mpg.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

fricking moron, did you not see your comparing AWD mavrick vs other 2wd pickup trucks?

also i bought 'comprimised' truck to save 5-10mpg when doing furniture deliveries, scrapping metal, and touring a couple laps around the entire fricking country.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

90% of those pickup trucks are 4x4. Smart people don't buy 2wd trucks.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

so if i mostly drive in the city with my truck and it never rains, much less snows, it would be smart for me to get 4wd with added maintainence expenses and decreased gas mileage, ya?

oh yeah, i checked those numbers on your mpg, theyre about right, i always thought 4wd had a much greater drain on fuel economy, maybe thats just on older vehicles.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>buying a FWD """""truck""""""" because you actually believed the Ferd marketing teams MPG claims
            lol

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

someone here said they average 41mpg in the hybrid.... if someone can claim that, then i can probably average it becuase im a hypermiling homosexual.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I’m getting 43 consistently in my hybrid. I watched some dipshit in a full size truck buy 2 gallons of gas today. Lmao.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I’ve averaged 41.2mpg over the first 1500 miles so far.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Those are the current prices, fricknugget. Yes a couple years ago those prices would be $25k for a small truck and $30k for a half ton. You think there aren't the same markups on the Mav?

The listings are out there... A small truck like the Colorado will get 20mpg, a half ton will get 15-20mpg. That's pretty on par with the AWD MAV's 25mpg.

not a single source was mentioned
          >AWD MAV
          goalposts were moved

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Autotrader, cars.com, etc. Pick your fricking poison. better yet get off your fat ass and walk into a dealership. Speaking of sources... Where the frick do you plan on getting a FWD Mav?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>makes claim, can't back it up
            >continues carrying the goalpost

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You can't buy a hybrid Maverick so I have no clue why you would use it as an example then accuse others of moving goalposts.

Listing on autotrader are automatically generated by the computer. This prices won’t reflect what the dealer is actually charging and they won’t let you know that until you are in the door.

That's probably just a you thing. Pretty sure they can sniff your beta ass from a mile away. I'm just going by my real world experience with people I know buying trucks. Believe it or not.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>You can't buy a hybrid Maverick
            more claims, when none of the ones before were backed up, please continue
            >Believe it or not
            kek

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That one is actually true. 100% of hybrid production was used to fulfill customer pre orders. If you see one on the lot for sale it’s either used or a customer didn’t show up to get their order. Dealerships were allotted zero hybrids.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Listing on autotrader are automatically generated by the computer. This prices won’t reflect what the dealer is actually charging and they won’t let you know that until you are in the door.

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Not aggressive looking enough to appeal to low t gen x and boomers.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>What am i missing here?
    >Not manual

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

when will this stupid shit die? it's 2022, manual transmissions are obsolete.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

outed as a normie

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Choosing your gear is obsolete
          Manual is superior. It lets you choose what gear you want to be in. But you'd give that up for a CVT no less lmao. Especially in an underpowered powertrain that could really benefit from manual.

a hybrid can't be made with a manual transmission and unlike both of you i own a car with a manual transmission.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

sure you do, mr. "it's 2022, manual transmissions are obsolete."

you really would do that? lie on the internet? scum.

>Verification not required.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

umm acktually the Honda Insight and CR-Z were both hybrids with a manual transmission.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>a hybrid can't be made with a manual transmission
            lol
            lmao

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You’re a moron.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

The first gen Honda Insight and CRZ would like a word with you…

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>Choosing your gear is obsolete
        Manual is superior. It lets you choose what gear you want to be in. But you'd give that up for a CVT no less lmao. Especially in an underpowered powertrain that could really benefit from manual.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>What am i missing here?
          >Not manual

You Black folk always talk about how manuals are superior but never actually buy new cars with manuals, curious

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>You Black folk always talk about how manuals are superior but never actually buy new cars with manuals, curious
            i buy used cars with manuals

bruh you don't need a truck for gardening, you can fit lots of fertilizer/mulch/soil in any car. You can also get a small trailer to load a motorcycle on and tow with a car.
            >cleaning
            homie just pick up some of the bigger pieces with your hand and vacuum it out every now and again.

i can drive over medians and sidewalks in my truck, helps me get around the chick fil a lines blocking the entrance to the mall parkinglot.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Unless it's some top end sports car or some boomer muscle car manuals suck in a car and are usually a b***h to drive neatly. Manual in a regular car or truck usually goes hand in hand with the brokegay/hobo spec trim level that may or may not have a radio, floor mats, A/C and left and right hand side mirrors. I figured out how to drive stick on a Toyota forklift, a Geo Metro XFI and my friends' Tacoma pickup, a shifter so janky it had a little U cut into the front bench even though it had plenty of room to land into all the gears. Despite knowing how I have no desire to replicate that shit in my own cars so I just buy automatics.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Manual in a regular car or truck usually goes hand in hand with the brokegay/hobo spec
            i am hobo and theres been a few times when i push started my truck to get back to civilization, lol

my gf has a van with power everything and the battery will die after living in the woods with it for more than two days of going in out of the car and leaving doors open. if you disconnect the battery, then the doors start auto-locing as you close them one by one and eventually you are only able to get into the vehicle from the driver side door that has a keyhole. you cant unlock the trunk door unless the power is back on

also could someone expand on why or why not a manual is preferable for hauling? i haul scrap in a 4cyl truck.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That's why you're supposed to close the doors ya dummy! Probably has all the dome/courtesy lights killing the battery. My dumbass sister used to sit around pumping her radio on accessory with her car off and wonder why she couldn't drive away afterwards

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>That's why you're supposed to close the doors ya dummy!
            yeah, im camping in the woods and using the van as a tent. i dont want to sit in it with the doors and windows shut building up heat inside. I want to go in and out of it all day grabbing stuff from inside while cooking outside, going outside to pee or grab something while chilling inside. i can do that just fine in my manual everything truck but its a huge pain in the ass in her electronic everything van.

I can't think of a reason it would make a difference for hauling with a 4cyl truck. My dad had an 80's ranger with a manual he'd haul stuff with all the time and never had any issues.
            [...]
            >close the doors ya dummy!
            The better solution would be to just remove the bulbs/fuse for those lights so you can still leave the doors open.

>The better solution would be to just remove the bulbs/fuse for those lights so you can still leave the doors open.
            really good idea. i could go through the list of fuses and mark all the fuses to be removed with a dot of paint or something... and then make sure i dont mix them up when placing them back in.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I can't think of a reason it would make a difference for hauling with a 4cyl truck. My dad had an 80's ranger with a manual he'd haul stuff with all the time and never had any issues.

That's why you're supposed to close the doors ya dummy! Probably has all the dome/courtesy lights killing the battery. My dumbass sister used to sit around pumping her radio on accessory with her car off and wonder why she couldn't drive away afterwards

>close the doors ya dummy!
            The better solution would be to just remove the bulbs/fuse for those lights so you can still leave the doors open.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Especially in an underpowered powertrain that could really benefit from manual.
          please explain?
          I haul scrap in a 4cyl, manual ranger

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>please explain?

>Manual in a regular car or truck usually goes hand in hand with the brokegay/hobo spec
            i am hobo and theres been a few times when i push started my truck to get back to civilization, lol

my gf has a van with power everything and the battery will die after living in the woods with it for more than two days of going in out of the car and leaving doors open. if you disconnect the battery, then the doors start auto-locing as you close them one by one and eventually you are only able to get into the vehicle from the driver side door that has a keyhole. you cant unlock the trunk door unless the power is back on

also could someone expand on why or why not a manual is preferable for hauling? i haul scrap in a 4cyl truck.

>also could someone expand on why or why not a manual is preferable for hauling
            Manual transmission doesn't suffer from as much parasitic loss as an automatic transmission does. In other words, given comparable gear ratio, in the same gear the manual transmission will be able to "conserve" more of that power and deliver it down the drivetrain than an auto could. Automatic transmissions have torque convertors which use fluids to transmit the power which isn't as efficient as a direct mechanical link. Not to mention manual trannies are lighter and simpler. These probably contribute to why the new Toyota 86 is faster to 60 with a manual transmission than it is with an automatic. The more efficient power transmission helps especially if you're hauling scrap. And depending on how heavy the load is, the transmission may not always select the best gear for your situation. Autos love to shift to the highest gear they can as soon as possible and being able to select which gear you want is better. I really don't see why you'd chose auto over manual, the Ford Maverick would be amazing with a manual troony. As an auto it's just meh.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>And depending on how heavy the load is, the transmission may not always select the best gear for your situation. Autos love to shift to the highest gear they can as soon as possible and being able to select which gear you want is better.
            its 2020, shouldnt the computer be able to feel the excess load on the vehicle and know it needs to shift later??

and as far as the engine outputting power, is a heavier load any different than a steeper incline?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

The RDF is strong with you stick gays. A given car with a stick doesn't become some ass blasting race car because you have to push a clutch and jerk off a gear lever every second you go until you park again, Jesus

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>A given car with a stick doesn't become some ass blasting race car because you have to push a clutch and jerk off a gear lever every second you go until you park again, Jesus
            Have WRX, can confirm.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That’s not how an ecvt works.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Automatic transmissions have torque convertors which use fluids to transmit the power which isn't as efficient as a direct mechanical link
            You should read up on how torque converters actually work

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>manual transmissions are obsolete.
        They still outlast autotragics to this day. Look a ferds track record with fwd autotragics. You won't make it to 200k without dumping $6k on a new transmission.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Ford
          It's a Toyota transmission

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

You can't actually buy one and any that are in stock are 10-15k over msrp

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I paid 4 percent below invoice price for mine

yes below invoice price it was under 21,800 with ~2k in options and the 1500 destination
      i get 41 mpg

pic related

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

How does the Maverick show the same payload for both AWD and FWD? Doesnt an AWD system add weight to the vehicle

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Furthermore, I'm reading that you can get a 3" sag with just 1000lbs in the bed, reducing ground clearance to almost nothing. In the real world I think its capabilities aren't quite as advertised

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Yeah but Joey Boomer isn't going to push the load ration to the max like that. At the worst its going to get a couple 40 lb bags of fill dirt from Home Depot and maybe a now HDTV from Best Buy or some shit every 3rd year. Ford knows this and that's why the Maverick is how it is. Just like all those lifted superduty wigger bro gays that never put anything in the bed nor tow anything yet they got the mud tires, HD everything and aftermarket shocks, just for something to get to work and maybe Applebee's and BWW in.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Ford Transit
          >excellent gas mileage
          As someone who occasionally rents both a van and a single cab pickup, i can be the first to tell you that van gets shit mileage compared to a 2020 V6 Silverado

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

It's true I work in hvac and my v6 transit is lucky to get 15 mpg

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I bet it gets way better MPG than the 8-12 MPG Ram 3500s, Silverado HDs, and Ford Superduty trucks frickers get instead

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

An F250 diesel matches that of a Transit. So it's not any better.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Diesel is more expensive so the van is still cheaper.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Diesel is more expensive so the van is still cheaper.
            many of those vans are diesel and the deisels get wayyy better mpg than the 10mpg gasser transit/sprinter vans

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

oh people are going to try to overload this thing. frick i wish it had a 6ft bed.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Pretty much since it's also ugly as shit and a Ford. That lack of gap between bed and cab gives me uncanny valley vibes.

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I'd rather keep my Volt. I can fold the seats down if I want more space, it's cheaper than the Maverick, and it has much lower operating costs.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>GM
      Gay and for homosexuals.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>Ford
        >GM
        Same shit.

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

this should be good enough, unless you really drive around 2 ton of "yard materials" every single day

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>same people who shilled against truggs for years now shill a cuck trugg as a "perfect" vehicle
    God hates hypocrites.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

It's just because it's cheap.

DA is unique among boards in that most of the users cant afford what they talk about

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>bed for hauling yard materials
    I'm glad someone gets it, you can also haul 1-2 motorcycles, most furniture, and whatever else fits in there which a lot of stuff does. Just recently I started gardening and fixing a motorcycle and can see the thing being very useful for both.
    >reee but the bed has to be these specific dimensions beacue... because.. AAAA!

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Most of the people here live with their parents or are rent cucking and can't comprehend how useful a bed is

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

bruh you don't need a truck for gardening, you can fit lots of fertilizer/mulch/soil in any car. You can also get a small trailer to load a motorcycle on and tow with a car.
      >cleaning
      homie just pick up some of the bigger pieces with your hand and vacuum it out every now and again.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>you can fit lots of fertilizer/mulch/soil in any car
        not as much or as clean and comfortable as in a truck bed
        >You can also get a small trailer to
        or not, they fit in my trucks bed
        >just pick up some of the bigger pieces with your hand and vacuum it
        or not, I don't mind if the bed is a little dirty, it's made to haul shit

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I dont get the hate, it's essentially a ute for the us market.

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It's a Ford, so it'll last for around 3 years total

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

oh and sometimes i hwy commute in the little b***h truck too

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>What am i missing here?
    12 months of waiting

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Have you never bought a suppressor before. Waiting a year is nothing new for me.

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>no guns
    >no cowpusher

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Toyota's jumping into the small truck game as well.
    https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-compact-pickup-truck-under-consideration/

Imagine the markups on top of the Toyota tax.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I just hope they use the A25A-FKS engine and not the hybrid variant, and for it to be under 3500lb, that would be real competition against the Maverick.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *