Kei Trucks

What's the appeal?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cute. Also, you can dress them up to look like miniature military trucks, which is based

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

how often do you fill a full size truck bed?

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It is like cooking with cast-iron. You quickly realize you don't need anything more.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A good way to describe it. It does all of the things for most of the times. Yes, an F-250 SuperPoopy Tejas Edition can haul a boat. But I don't have a boat and I don't operate a Mexican lawn-mowing business so I don't really need a trailer either. What else to people use their massive pavement queens for that a kei truck wouldn't be perfectly fine?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

People just like having big powerful vehicles. Nothing wrong with that either just a fact of life. These are good replacements for atvs on farms and the like but not meant for big NA roads and loads. They are just tiny shit ones designed for very light and short hops through tight areas.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Ideally, I'd want both.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>a fact of ~~*marketing*~~ and ~~*demande creation*~~
          Fixed.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Even with those tires I can tell that dude is a dwarf. I am a king of manlets and are still a head and a half taller than a Kei van

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like vehicles and I'm an unapologetic weeb.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Weebs wanna pretend like they live in a city hellscape like Tokyo that requires a vehicle like this. Meanwhile in reality they're unable to safely and comfortably traverse the U.S. interstate system.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

- This seems like an odd nitpick that people look down on small low powered cars with the idea the average American travels very long distances across states with regularity at high speed. Almost non of which is true.
      80% of the US population is urban. The average distance by car driven per day is about 30 miles. People did fine with Nash Metros, first gen CVCC civics, coronas, and other similarly powered vehicles that were sold there.
      Admittedly a Sunny or Publica with their bigger 1.1l -1.4l engines might be better suited to american highways, but in an urban setting they are fine.
      In my city they have become quite popular for beer delivery trucks, small hobby craft deliveries like gardening, and mobile motorcycle mechanics seem to like them too. Almost like there is a demand for a small commercial truck in America, but no one offers them what they want and they resort to buying 25 year old Asian trucks.
      I have a 300hp turbo 6 sedan, I drive at 62mph on the highway. I have been passed easily by these minitrucks, seems like they do okay here to me.

how often do you fill a full size truck bed?

- what is really interesting to me is these often have 500-660KG bed capacity ratings, which honestly is not all that far off from some of the fashion trucks sold in the US like the raptor or TRX.

much more reliable, comfortable and way bigger payload than an SXS/ATV

- this is what I noticed in the midwest with farmers. Why would people buy a gator or RZR for 14,000 that doesn't have a roof, or windows, or doors, or AC, or heat... when you could buy a mini truck with a full cab, radio, heat ( and sometimes AC) with better capacity for about 5k and it can be driven into town?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

bed capactity is not a matter of vehicle size, just depends on the design. An Ape 400 (450kg empty) can carry 650-750kg for example, it's not magic. I think Truggs just make more compromises and trade load capacity for comfort and safety

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>AC, or heat
        They're super powerful in the small truck cab, as they run the same system as the vans. Always have to turn the ac down after a couple of minutes.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You have no idea how shit works in North America. Innercity speeds regularly reach over 80mph. You also have to merge into traffic from a standstill to those speeds sometimes. It's also pretty stupid comparing 600kgs in the bed of a minitruck and 600kgs in a Raptor or a TRX. One is still going to be able to do 0-60 in under 5 seconds with hat load and one won't be able to do 60mph with that load.

https://i.imgur.com/6GC4dWy.png

A good way to describe it. It does all of the things for most of the times. Yes, an F-250 SuperPoopy Tejas Edition can haul a boat. But I don't have a boat and I don't operate a Mexican lawn-mowing business so I don't really need a trailer either. What else to people use their massive pavement queens for that a kei truck wouldn't be perfectly fine?

Going fast? Travelling in supreme comfort? Not dying in a 10mph collision?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Going fast? Travelling in supreme comfort? Not dying in a 10mph collision?
          That'll be $87,050+tax, Ma'am.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A crew cab half ton can be had for a little over $40k.

>Innercity speeds regularly reach over 80mph.
            City speed limit in every city I've lived in was 30 mph max. There are interstates and parkways that exceed that but you are not forced to take them.

Speed limits are irrelevant here. If it's 30mph most people will still be doing 60mph. I don't know what cuckholes you've lived in but in most cities there are more than just 30mph roads and 60mph interstates. There are lots of 50mph roads that people do 70mph on. So I can plan my route to avoid these fast roads or I could just use the right tool for the job.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>speed limits are irrelevant here
            Sounds like you're living in a 3rd world.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Very much the first world. My travel trailer has more TV's than your flat. The average vehicle on the roads is a 400hp half ton. You seem like the thirdie if you got a million speed cameras constantly watching you.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Innercity speeds regularly reach over 80mph.
          City speed limit in every city I've lived in was 30 mph max. There are interstates and parkways that exceed that but you are not forced to take them.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

- I live in the USA. Most cities have a speed limit around 45mph or less with the exception of highways. I have never had to "accelerate to 80 on a slip" to merge. 80 on the highway in most us states is fast enough yo comfortably earn 4points.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You obviously live in LA or NYC. Like I said it's a lot different in America.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

- I have lived in LA, Milwaukee, St Paul, Huston, Charleston, and moving to Tampa soon. I don't know where these mythical 80mph inner cities are you speak of, but I have yet to experience them.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Try living in America. Not New-Europe or New-Africa.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nta but have a nice day.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No you dont, homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Going fast? Travelling in supreme comfort? Not dying in a 10mph collision?
          That's the point. Feels exciting at 40-50mph. Ripping around roundabouts, having room to zip up the inside when someone in front is waiting to turn across traffic. More like a four wheel motorcycle than a full-size truck.

https://i.imgur.com/sbcHkfj.jpeg

I use the interstate every time I go to work, it's bad enough in a car with only 93hp geared to 126mph. These things are designed with regulations that limit them to 50mph and you think that's good enough? Let alone how much fuel you'll be burning revving its nuts off on the highway. Are you just pretending to be moronic guy?
          >I have a 300hp turbo 6 sedan, I drive at 62mph on the highway. I have been passed easily by these minitrucks, seems like they do okay here to me
          Pic related.

> limit them to 50mph
          They're not speed limited. Mine does 120kph all day except steep hills. There's films on YT where people drive them across America on the multi lane roads.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm saying the tiny engine, brakes, wheels/tires and suspension are designed for low speed operation. Let alone the gearing, just because you can top out at normal freeway speeds doesn't mean it's a good car to take on the highway. Why do you not understand this?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I do understand but it's my only truck now. Normally I don't take it more than 30 minutes from home. But I have done the 3 hours to the Derby downhill racing track a few times with it all loaded with bicycles. It's not comfortable but it does the job.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>It's not comfortable
            So we're right back to

https://i.imgur.com/eIxd4Mr.jpeg

Weebs wanna pretend like they live in a city hellscape like Tokyo that requires a vehicle like this. Meanwhile in reality they're unable to safely and comfortably traverse the U.S. interstate system.

>Meanwhile in reality they're unable to safely and comfortably traverse the U.S. interstate system.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Never been to the US except passing over it. I drive on mainly winding two lane roads. Your experience may vary. Why is comfort so important? I prefer adventure.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I use the interstate every time I go to work, it's bad enough in a car with only 93hp geared to 126mph. These things are designed with regulations that limit them to 50mph and you think that's good enough? Let alone how much fuel you'll be burning revving its nuts off on the highway. Are you just pretending to be moronic guy?
        >I have a 300hp turbo 6 sedan, I drive at 62mph on the highway. I have been passed easily by these minitrucks, seems like they do okay here to me
        Pic related.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Black person you're braindead. The lowest speed on US interstates is 90mph. You have a deathwish in a kei car here unless you are just using it on your farm.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not sure what utopia you live in, I live in a state with a couple 85 mph speed limit toll roads and those are the only place anyone goes 90, but that's in the left lane only as morons in speed limited semis still take them at 65. Regular highways it's hard to go fricking 65 sometimes with all the slow dawdling motherfrickers going 50-55 like it's the 80s again. Rural highways are full of small town speed trap revenue generator cops hiding right after a speed limit sign that drops 10 mph just to trip up people passing through.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Georgia but I've lived in 7 states and driven in 41.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Somehow you missed Texas, New York and California.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Been to all three of them. But by the way you type you sound like an innercity homosexual who thinks SF, NYC, and Austin are the only places in America. Try actually living in America, you weeb homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Live in Georgia, I just drive my kei truck short distances for picking up shit I need that won't fit in my c8. There's never a time where I'd want to take it on a 85 or some shit. I also only need to haul maybe 1000 lbs max. There's never a time where I'd need an F150.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Another Georgia anon here stopping by to call out for being full of shit. There's no road in the state where people are doing 90 minimum.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

those crazy Black folk in atlanta are always going 85+, but that's about it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Atlanta here, I go 84 mph on cruise control and usually am one of the fastest people aside from people with sub 400 credit scores in Altimas with no bumbers going 110 in the breakdown lane. Not even here is the "minimum speed 90." There's too many cops around Atlanta to consistently wanna go over 84. They won't pull you over until you hit 85 and that's because you become a "super speeder" at that moment and they can really frick you up.
            You do see a lot of moronic black kids gunning it, but they are also the ones who b***h when they get the long dick of the law. While APD don't give a frick, GA State Troopers dream of one of the super speeders running so they can pit maneuver them then shoot them.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>crazy Black folk in atlanta
            The chally wally Black person swerving all over the highway is as close as it gets to "minimum 90" in Atlanta. Everyone else is doing a moronic 60 in whatever lane they please, despite the slow poke law.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>rural this rural that
            Yea dipshit this is why I said kei cars and trucks are fine on a farm. But you keep saying they are fine for average highway use which is a complete fricking lie.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>But you keep saying they are fine for average highway use which is a complete fricking lie.
            Read my second sentence again you illiterate moron. I don't live in a rural area. Stick to the right line and nobody will care because people in cars "actually fit for the highway" drive that slow too.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

> The lowest speed on US interstates is 90mph.
          Haha you're fricking moronic lmao
          >85 mph
          The highest speed limit in the country is 85 mph (137 km/h), which is posted on a single stretch of tollway in exurban areas outside Austin, Texas. The lowest maximum speed limit in the country is 30 miles per hour (48 km/h) in American Samoa.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>people drive at or below the posted speed limit
            Livestream killing yourself, you turdworlder

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Practical to carry around bulky loads like a flat screen or a couch while still being small and relatively fuel efficient

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

much more reliable, comfortable and way bigger payload than an SXS/ATV

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Really handy around town. Streets are narrow here. Also removable sides are great. Cheap on fuel

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Let me guess, you need more?

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would like to drive around selling roast sweet potato out of a kei truck.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yummy. Would buy.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's a very strange fetish

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>only need to carry ~1200 lbs at most
    >cargo is often dirty, loose stuff like manure, dirt, concrete, etc
    >can fit in small spaces like the side yard
    >only need to use it for short, local trips
    I bought a 4-banger tacoma since they don't sell kei trucks in the states.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Some small jap pickups get pretty crazy. The suzuki carry was available with 4wd, diff lockers and a tipping tray.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Those options are pretty normal for all makes. The european market got even more variants like longer wheelbases, diesels, duallies and more

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I can get a JD Gator with all that shit and actually can get parts for it.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't know what the frick that is but I bet it wasn't available with a 2-stroke engine like the carry. rrrREEEEEEEE REEEEEEE rRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

recently saw someone with suzuki carry stuck in grass

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>recently saw someone with suzuki carry stuck in grass
        skill issue

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's different

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Leftist urbanite 15 minute city preaching women get wet at the sight of you

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What's the appeal?
    Cuteness overload

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>tfw you will never have an ookami waifu in your kei truck as you provide a valuable service as a trader.
      https://s.kakaku.com/kuruma/bodytype/kei-truck/
      Typical proce is $6800, cheapest new price is a $4,800 suzuki. I can’t imagine why people would prefer these over $60,000 american trucks.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Does the job while being cheaper to buy, operate and maintain. Everything I wanted in a work vehicle. Though it's useless as a larpmobile.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For most people this fits their truck needs like hauling an appliance home or grabbing some mulch from home depot where a regular truck would be extremely expensive and excessive

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

People who will never be real woman want this vehicle that will never be a real truck. I hate the "weird car" people. You actually care about the fricking honda acty and this obscure piece of shit saturn? Frick off you lunatic

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the NPC is mad

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cute, small, and practical.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's a toy car. Toys are fun.

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've never seen someone driving one of these that didn't look like a twink/neckbeard weeb homosexual.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

conversely, i've only ever seen japanese grandpas drive them.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Do you live in Japan?

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I own one. I do lots of woodworking. I needed something with a larger bed that can go to Lowes/Home Depot 2-3 miles away, move furniture, and maybe landscaping supplies.
    I don't need a frick off huge cab. Id never need to go over 40 mph. Don't need to haul 10,000 pounds. Don't wanna get 18 mpg.
    So it was perfect and cheap af.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

How did you get one cheap? Everything I've seen has tons of fees and import papers attached, not to mention the legality of them varies on a state to state level so you need to get it approved before you can even drive it

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Got it a few years back for $4k+$2k fees. $6k a lot cheaper than basically any used truck I could find. I registered, they revoked registration, I still drive it since its short distances.

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

pavement princess but imported from japan

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Subaru or something should make a 2.0L RWD kei truck for the American market.

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't get it either, vans are clearly the better choice.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not better, different. For many people vans are more useful and consequentally sell more. But I cart bicycles in my truck, a van would be worse. That Minicab is a neat choice. There's a few battery powered ones around here.

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Kei trucks have zero safety features. Every driver that hits something with their kei truck end up having the steering wheel and parts of the engine stuck in their chest cavity

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I really don't get the appeal of them in America. Sure they're generally low mileage and in really good condition but you're still paying close to $10k for a 25 year old truck. In Canada we can get them at 15 years old but that's still not exactly new and they're still usually $6k. For $6k I can get a beater GMT800. That makes these seem pretty pointless even here.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

let's not put more pressure on the gmt800 market anon. let the weebs have their kei trucks and we can keep the gmt800s to ourselves.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

US here: mine cost me $6k after fees. That's not bad for a truck that had 35k km. To put in perspective, a '96 American truck with under 100k miles and not absolutely fricked up would cost well in excess of $10k.You can get them for around the same price, but theyll like be in horrific condition or have over $200k miles (and probably awfully maintained during it).

I did find some early 00s Ford Rangers for ~$13-15k when I was looking. Went to test drive two: first one had 30k miles but had obvious flooding damage and the second had 60k miles but smelled like they'd cremated the Marlboro man inside of it, it was incredible how bad it reeked actually.

28. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For Americans, the redesigned 1999 models are now available. Unlike the older models, on the 99's you enter the cab behind the front wheel and you sit within the wheelbase, giving a much less bouncy ride. Downside is your feet are between the front wheels so less room for them.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *