Korean EVs on the rise in Japan

I've seen some rise in the number of Hyundai Ioniq 5 on the streets of Tokyo in recent years, which was unimaginable only a few years ago.
Why are Korean EVs slowly gaining traction in Japan? Have the Japanese finally come to a realization that their domestic EVs are total jokes?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Surprised that Corea still isn't too assblasted about "comfort women" to sell in the Japanese market

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Interesting how China doesn't allow Hyundai to sell the Ioniq5.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nice that you've seen some hundays driven by the salespeople. Most Japanese can't afford anything above kei-nuggets, and those that can will never buy asiatic, they don't even buy their own Lexus because it's considered cheap luxury compared to german breeds.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a korean car here (5+ years in japan).

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I don’t think I’ve ever seen a korean car here (5+ years in japan)
        Yeah, that's because you live in bumfrick of nowhere. This is happening only in Tokyo.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I've seen some rise in the number of Hyundai Ioniq 5 on the streets of Tokyo in recent years
    They've only sold a little over 400 of them so far.

Source: I went to their dealership in Yokohama for a test drive (didn't like it, didn't buy).

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No surprise there, since even a German automaker like Volkswagen is begging Hyundai to share its EV technology in order to prevent its EV strategy from falling apart.
    falling apart.
    https://www.kedglobal.com/electric-vehicles/newsView/ked202404240002
    >Hyundai Mobis' customers include Mercedes-Benz, BMW, General Motors and China’s BYD Co, as well as its affiliates Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Corp.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

German cars are so finished that they desperately incorporate Chinese EV platforms into their new EV models.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Hyundai Mobis is a parts supplier, they've always been supplying parts to other automakers for literal decades at this point
      This is as if you're soi facing over Apple using Samsung displays in their iPhones

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>This is as if you're soi facing over Apple using Samsung displays in their iPhones
        BSA is not a simple component that can be outsourced to anyone like some car seat. It's the heart of the whole EV system including the batteries and control units, etc., and Volkswagen knew its own design won't be competitive enough, which is why it has turned to 3rd parties instead while it laid off its own research team.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>even a German automaker like Volkswagen is begging Hyundai to share its EV technology
      Germans are good with technology based on gas. Self igniting electric cars might be out of their realm of expertise.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

japan is slow to change, more news at 11

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because they are good cars and priced competitively?

Last month asiaticdai had the Ioniq5 lease for 239 with zero down.
    If you can do middle school math you’ll figure out that this is almost driving for free.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>you’ll figure out that this is almost driving for free.
      Almost because you can't drive a car that won't move under it's own power
      Because it's a broken down hyundai
      With a warranty that isn't honored

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How do the Japanese charge their EVs overnight when they all live in stacked shoeboxes?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Outside of America countries invest in this crazy thing called "public infrastructure"

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What happened the Genocide Joe’s “Build Back Better” $2 Trillion infrastructure bill?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Turned it into a pickle, funniest shit I've ever seen

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Congrats. You’ve just figured out why EVs are a meme here.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are there any japanese people left in japan now, or are all of you white?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

japan is about 90% jap, 9% brown, 1% white

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Japan hasn't been the same since the great asiatic invasion

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Toyota has openly admitted that they are the descedants of the ancestors who moved from Korea to Japan.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *