>le ECOboost

>le ECOboost
Is this the worst name for an engine rn?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No, skyactiv is

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>skyactiv
      Agreed.
      Completely cringe and annoying

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Terrible name for a terrible engine.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The one pictured is fine.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Earth Dreams is way up there.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Biopower

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It sucks cause isn't the 3.5 EcoBoost a decent engine? I don't know why they decided to frick over their economy lineup for the past 2 decades. 1.X Ecoshart

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ecoboosts are all over the place. They're all totally different engines that just share a brand name and the 1.6, 2.3, and 3.5 are really solid, but some of the others are trash, and it depends on the application too - the 2.7 is fine as a base F-150 engine for example but has had a ton of trouble in the Bronco.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

my 2015 2.7l f150 has had zero engine problems. 200k miles. even the 6r80 hasn't given me a hiccup with 60k service intervals. i've seen a bunch of the 2.7's with over 300k. i think they got that gen right, but i've seen a lot of problems with later gens as ford "improved" it.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's a generational thing or something to do with the application, maybe they fricked up the cooling solution for the Bronco or something. I'm hoping the Ranger version ends up solid because that'll probably be my next truck if so, really hoping they do a Tremor that keeps the regular Ranger drivetrains and payload/tow rating etc. like the last-gen did but gets the Raptor's front locker and better suspension.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

honestly i wouldn't touch an ecoboost engine unless i was planning on selling it at 100k. my f150 has worked so far, but in hindsight it was a bad purchase. i keep my vehicles till they die and the risk really wasn't worth it. factory turbo engines in general are a bad idea from a longevity perspective

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I guess we'll see as they age. I've had two, Fiesta ST that I sold around 50k miles and now a Ranger that's just over 60k and haven't had any issues with either, but that's not a lot of miles. There are guys on the Ranger forums in the high 100s on the 2.3 and still going pretty strong though. IMO there's no reason these engines SHOULDN'T be able to make at least 200k in normal use, they're not that different from the rest of the world's small diesels that go way over that all the time and are arguably under even more stress.

Personally I'd get a V8 in an F-150 just because V8, but I'm OK with a turbo 4 or a small turbo 6 in a midsize, not sure about longevity but I'd have a hard time going back to the old N/A V6s and losing all the low end of the turbos.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ecoboosts are all over the place. They're all totally different engines that just share a brand name and the 1.6, 2.3, and 3.5 are really solid, but some of the others are trash, and it depends on the application too - the 2.7 is fine as a base F-150 engine for example but has had a ton of trouble in the Bronco.

The Ecoboost Mustang would be a beloved sportscar if not for the godawful name.

Finally, some people with brains here.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

sends the right message to buyers, it's still decently fast in addition to saving fuel
    what issues do you have with the name?

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anything with ECO in it is trash.
    Also
    >Earth Memes
    >Iron Poop

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Kys yourself, gm's 4.3 ecotec3 is the undisputed king of na v6's

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>le ECOTEC
    and for the other stuff with VORTEX TECHNOLOGY
    >le VORTEC

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lol fricking reddit
      violence against women >:(
      violence against women (karen) :O

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Ecoboost Mustang would be a beloved sportscar if not for the godawful name.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I think that the ecoboost mustang was fated to suffer just for being a non-V8 mustang. its a fun car, but itll always fall short of the muscle car image.

if they had made a smaller coupe with BRZ-esque styling and the ecoboost mustang's powertrain it would have been so cool.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Reminds me of the aftermath of the 2008 collapse when companies added the word "economy" to everything to indicate it was the lowest possible quality.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's a green engine in the same sense that canned pears are fresh. they're fresh, right out of the can. ecoboost engines are green. they generate green money for the company once they explode 1 mile outside of the warranty period.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

In Europe they all made 3 cylinders motors to dave fuel in the name of globo warming. It's a catastrophe. All cars suck

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It was originally called 'twinforce'

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Economical with boost
    Durable and torquerich
    Power in every stroke

Ford is all right

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

From a marketing perspective, no, because it imprints the idea that this underpowered piece of crap is good for the environment, therefore, it's a quality product in the eyes of the easily manipulated sheeple. If you actually want a new Ford, get something with a proper V8 in it.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *